Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

sidgi wrote:
You've said it yourself. Willingly sacrificing something that isn't yours to sacrifice....I don't know.
You mean like our LIFE?

Jesus INSTRUCTED us to sacrifice our life for our friends, COMMANDED us, in fact.

Do you DENY that Scriptural FACT?
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

ihveit wrote:
<quoted text>
ihv when you add the word "keep" you assume that all of them were doing the law in the first place.. so that put non jews in a predictment
so it does distract .... not so much here but then then use it to add to the word in other places where it DOES CHANGE THE MENAING OF THE VERSE... i wont go into details cause you wont believe me anyhow ..
will
I believe We have to give every one a fair hearing Will..because
" one replying to a matter before he hears it, is a foolishness and a humiliation."

We are all human and make mistakes, but even on this forum God reminds me to treat others how I want to be treated..and I need to be reminded
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

AuldSoul1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like our LIFE?
Jesus INSTRUCTED us to sacrifice our life for our friends, COMMANDED us, in fact.
Yes it is a commandment to follow Christs example..But it is also a commandment " To "keep" abstaining from blood"

And Jesus said that one who obeys the commandments and teaches others will be called great in relation to the Kingdom of God

But one who doesn't teach them will be called least in the Kingdom of God.'

So i believe that you are not teaching a necessary commandment laid upon the Christian congregation, and also you are discouraging one who desire to do the will of God..

What your tactic seems to be is to use one commandment to block another...But in working out our own salvation with fear and trembling we must obey all the commandments Jesus teaches us through THE WORD.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Jesus did set the example of sacrificing himself for all, but also set the example of abstainging from any blood.

He showed how it is possible to do one without the other

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

AuldSoul1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like our LIFE?
I mean like your blood not-Marvin. You can do what you like with both your life, and your blood. What you can't do is change what God has said. God said men shouldn't kill, plenty of them do. God said men shouldn't steal, plenty of them do. God said he wouldn't let anyone else have his glory. You seem to want that glory. You're not satisfied to just let what God said be. You have to try and make it into the image of man. You twist it, and rearrange it to fit your desire, and that's not how it works. Personally, I don't think you are worth my telling you this, but someone might read this post who is interested in how to approach God's word and actually get some meaning from it that God intends. Good-by not-Marvin.

sidgi

“Delivering the Gospel”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods word is not silent on 'abstaing from blood' nor is it silent on the fact that this is a NECESSARY commandment...So the counsel applies " don't run ahead of the teaching of Christ" because you don't have God if you do.
May I ask what scriptures are you using?

“Mark 7:7; John 4-6”

Since: Oct 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

sidgi wrote:
You can do what you like with both your life, and your blood.
Well, that isn't entirely true, unless you are just referring to what I am literally CAPABLE of doing. God said I must not eat blood, so I am not permitted to do that with my blood.
sidgi wrote:
What you can't do is change what God has said. God said men shouldn't kill, plenty of them do.
Correction, God said you shouldn't MURDER. God ordered men to kill on many occasions and often blessed men for doing so. He even rejected Saul as King for choosing NOT to kill, if you remember the account of the Amalekite King, Agag.—1 Samuel 15:22-35
sidgi wrote:
You're not satisfied to just let what God said be.
Much to the CONTRARY, I am HAPPY to do so.

Jesus said,“This is my commandment, that you love one another just as I have loved you. No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends. You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you.”—John 15:12-14

If YOU don't want to let what the Logos of God says move your understanding, you CAN resist it all you like.

It remains the saying of the Logos of God, no matter what you do or say.

We are COMMANDED to surrender our lives in behalf of one another, SPECIFICALLY to further the lives of one another.

How could God possibly be displeased if we surrender something less than our life and, by doing so, further the life of another?

It is you who ignores the word of God.

My life BELONGS to Christ. My blood was BOUGHT by Christ, so it, too, BELONGS to Christ. Christ tells me to surrender anything I have to further the life of another. My understanding of that is EXACTLY the understanding John had.

1 John 3:16-18
By this we have come to know love, because that one surrendered his soul for us; and we are under obligation to surrender [our] souls for [our] brothers. But whoever has this world’s means for supporting life and beholds his brother having need and yet shuts the door of his tender compassions upon him, in what way does the love of God remain in him? Little children, let us love, neither in word nor with the tongue, but in deed and truth.

Therefore, WHATEVER is needed to support life, I am OBLIGED to surrender, up to and including my own soul, because that one (Jesus) surrendered his soul for me.

That is what the BIBLE says, sidgi. The fact that I also say it means I am saying what the Bible says. The fact that you call what I say deception means that you are actively speaking AGAINST the word of God.

“Mark 7:7; John 4-6”

Since: Oct 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
Jesus did set the example of sacrificing himself for all, but also set the example of abstainging from any blood.
Jesus set the example of voluntarily donating his own blood so that others might live.

Jesus was touched by a woman who had had a flow of blood for 12 years, and STRICTLY according to the Law ought to have been unclean, himself, because of the contact. According to the Law, she should have been put to death for being around other people without calling out loudly,“Unclean! Unclean!” before herself.

Jesus used the occasion to praise the woman's faith. Her furthered and healthier life was more important than observing the letter of the law.
little lamb wrote:
He showed how it is possible to do one without the other
Only in that he did not INGEST blood ... except the blood in fish, and in lamb, and in any other meat he ate.

Hebrews 9:17-22
For a covenant is valid over dead, since it is not in force at any time while the covenanter is living. Consequently neither was the former inaugurated without blood. For when every commandment according to the Law had been spoken by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of the young bulls and of the goats with water and scarlet wool and hyssop and sprinkled the book itself and all the people, saying:“This is the blood of the covenant that God has laid as a charge upon you.” And he sprinkled the tent and all the vessels of the public service likewise with the blood. Yes, nearly all things are cleansed with blood according to the Law, and unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place.

It is such a shame that you don't see it. It is such a shame that you don't get that Jesus clearly and repeatedly demonstrated that the physical well being of a fellow human SUPERSEDES strict obedience to the letter of the law.
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Ahhh the snake wishes to once expose himself on the same page as an honest man.... speaks volumes that you quote the above when you won't even admit to being a baptised JW while yet preaching their poison... but any way I will lower myself and reply to you hypocrite.
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Jesus Christ thought about the way the Jews twisted the Law to suit themselves:
*** Matt 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men; for you do not enter in yourselves, neither do you allow those who are entering in to enter."
*** Matt 23:14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and as a pretense you make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.]*
*** Matt 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel around by sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much of a son of hell * as yourselves.
<quoted text>.
Exactly.... so why were these men attempting (and the WTBTS) trying to apply any aspects of the Law toward christians back then and now... any at all?
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>Who needed to know? If ingesting it is forbidden then clearly injecting it into your veins is off limits..
Clearly nothing....if you wish to argue this point by all means do but at least have the honesty to admit that this is a WTBTS conclusion just like all their 'prophetic fulfilments' that they have come up with.

They have been 100% wrong with all of these……hardly the record that would evoke confidence that they would be right about this.

But never the less….. these men would take it upon themselves to have authority over the very lives of their followers…… what wicked men……and you, you snake are even more evil.

At least the GB will stand up and admit to their baptism but you snake when asked the same question..... slither away and hide.

You are beneath contempt. I engage you for no other reason than to expose you...but then all I have to is post and like a bull with its ring in its nose you are drawn to the light so that all can see you for what you are....

Over dramatic? Well let's see....

Are you a baptised brother Gareth? Jws past and present have the courage to answer that question with pride even when facing death....

So are you baptised snake?
JJJ

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>But it is not down to US to decide what loving God means. Loving God means we obey him and follow his will. That means abstaining from blood.life.
LOL..... you really are a funny fellow.... deceitful, rotten, a stench when exposed in front of honesty, a snake but at times a laughable stupid oaf.. how else could you utter the above.

It is beyond debate that the hapless witness has no decision on what it means to love god.

They are instructed by the WTBTS corporation as to what it means and once initiated into the corporation face all sorts of punitive treatment including losing their family if they disagree. Wicked evil men but they are saints when compared to you snake.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..... you really are a funny fellow.... deceitful, rotten, a stench when exposed in front of honesty, a snake but at times a laughable stupid oaf.. how else could you utter the above.
It is beyond debate that the hapless witness has no decision on what it means to love god.
They are instructed by the WTBTS corporation as to what it means and once initiated into the corporation face all sorts of punitive treatment including losing their family if they disagree. Wicked evil men but they are saints when compared to you snake.
You need to take a chill pill :P

“Live, Laugh, Love”

Since: Sep 09

Field of Flowers

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to take a chill pill :P
That could be said about quite a few people on this site.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

Me me me I need a chill pill, I have gotten crazy and need to chillax.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

The god you're talking about can be very mean; that's why I don't believe he's who you think he is.

He says: Do as I say or I'll kick your ass.

Yes, that's mean in my book.(no book pun intended)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 221 - 235 of235
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••