Is God mean?
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Nov 23, 2011
I don't think He is mean, so can I ask, why on HIS green earth would He be mad at someone for taking a life saving procedure? It befuddles me!

“email at [email protected]

Since: Dec 07

central louisiana

#2 Nov 23, 2011
hollieberry wrote:
I don't think He is mean, so can I ask, why on HIS green earth would He be mad at someone for taking a life saving procedure? It befuddles me!
ihv actually its those who scrap gods word in favor of what they think is right.. and these can become awful mean
will
little lamb

Australia

#3 Nov 23, 2011
Perhaps it is only befuddling, to someone, who doesn't understand what the "BOND" of the covenant means ...The new covenant inaugerated by Jesus BLOOD...

Perhaps its not really understanding " jesus has obtained a more excellent public service so that he is the mediator of a correspondingly better covenant , which has been legally established upon better promises."

The promise of LIFE ...I suspect many Christians don't understand..Also I suspect many Christians are ignorant of many of the promises of God...and because of being ignorant are robbed of the blessings

I suspect thats why many are living in FEAR..of what if??

And I also suspect because of being ignorant of some promises..they lack that security, of the BOND the new covenant provides..because Job stated " what I feared came upon me"

"Perfect love, casts out fear."

Since: Sep 11

Brantford, Canada

#4 Nov 23, 2011
hollieberry wrote:
I ask myself this all the time. Is god mean? I don't think so. I say that because I don't believe any being could be that cruel. And it's what makes me believe he or she doesn't exist. Reader has brought up the point, many times, I might add, that humans can be better than any god imaginable.

I for one, do not have the heart, nor can I stomach the fact that we have a creator who can let millions of children die, bring cancer to the world, beg for money, and say, but I love you. Thanks George.

Brantford, Canada

#5 Nov 23, 2011
I may not be a George Carlin fan, but this is ept, stunningly ept

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#6 Nov 24, 2011
hollieberry wrote:
There is nothing an imperfect human can do to save a life.

Only God can make us live or make us die. If an imperfect man takes your life away, God can give it back to you in the resurrection.

What does God care for your lack of faith in the resurrection?

“Live, Laugh, Love”

Since: Sep 09

Field of Flowers

#7 Nov 25, 2011
No, God is not mean. We are told in Scripture that "God is love."

People who say He is mean are using that as a cop-out for not wanting to pay the consequences of their own bad behavior.
little lamb

Australia

#8 Nov 25, 2011
One of the promises of God, is that he will never allow us to be tempted us beyond what we can stand

Also he promises to show us the way out, so we can endure it...

Christians of all people should be claiming these promises ...

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9 Nov 25, 2011
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing an imperfect human can do to save a life.
Only God can make us live or make us die. If an imperfect man takes your life away, God can give it back to you in the resurrection.
What does God care for your lack of faith in the resurrection?
So this is WHY YOU don't believe in taking blood transfusions? Really?

I have VERY much faith in the resurrection, just because I am not a "JW", does NOT mean I don't....

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#10 Nov 25, 2011
hollieberry wrote:
I follow God's instructions when he says to abstain from blood.
hollieberry wrote:
I have VERY much faith in the resurrection, just because I am not a "JW", does NOT mean I don't....
It doesn't sound like it to me.

*** Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

*** John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

True Christians are not afraid to die in obedience to God. They don't whine, complain or look for excuses to ignore God's commands:

*** Acts 15:20 but that we write to them that they abstain from the pollution of idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood.
little lamb

Australia

#11 Nov 25, 2011
I believe what was meant..was that Pilate said to Jesus " don't you know I have the authority to release you and I have authority to impale you."

And Jesus said " You would have no authority against me at all, unless it was granted to you from above"

In this sense a Christian who is under the authority of Christ, relizes that no secular authority has any authority over us in the area of life and death, other then what God allows

So in the end medical practitioners, may assume like Pilate, they have authority of life and death over people....should realize any authority they think they have is only because God allowed it.

central louisiana

#12 Nov 25, 2011
hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>
ihv ever study what jws are taught of the resurrection? its simple once YOU die YOU are gone forever.. YEP
THE TEACHINGS IS that GOD keeps a record of YOU. but not all of it.. most of YOU he has committed to angels to remember..

now when you die everything about you is gone...

but at the resurrection, if GOD decided you deserved everlasting life, he creates a BRAND NEW BODY. but not for YOU. REMEMBER you are gone..

he then takes this body and puts a recording of what he remembers about YOU into this body along with what the angels have stored..

this resurrection is NOT YOU.. its a clone of you.. it will probably look, act, and think like you did.. but NOTHING of YOU raises from the dead

you spend a lifetime being good so god can make a copy of YOU..

some resurrection huh?
will

central louisiana

#13 Nov 25, 2011
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
I follow God's instructions when he says to abstain from blood.
<quoted text>
ihv quick question. is this a dietary law or medical? your life could someday depend on the truth of this one question

will
It doesn't sound like it to me.
*** Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
*** John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
True Christians are not afraid to die in obedience to God. They don't whine, complain or look for excuses to ignore God's commands:
*** Acts 15:20 but that we write to them that they abstain from the pollution of idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood.

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#14 Nov 25, 2011
Hope Ember wrote:
People who say He is mean are using that as a cop-out for not wanting to pay the consequences of their own bad behavior.
Like...those who get cancer? Or, those who die in earthquakes, hurricanes etc?

Brantford, Canada

#15 Nov 25, 2011
Hope Ember wrote:
I don't say god is mean. I use stronger language than that. However, I can appreciate that you see it as a loving creature. But just so you know, not liking god is not always a cop out. Some people have a very real reason for not liking that entity. Some of us just don't want an association with an entity like that

central louisiana

#16 Nov 25, 2011
Stingo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't say god is mean. I use stronger language than that. However, I can appreciate that you see it as a loving creature. But just so you know, not liking god is not always a cop out. Some people have a very real reason for not liking that entity. Some of us just don't want an association with an entity like that
IHV why do people who thinks god is mean or unjust and those who dont believe in him period, spend so much time on these boards discussing him? SOME INNER GUILT? some doubt to what you believe?

you see i just dont have the faith to not believe in him.. ohhh i know all the sickness etc,, I AM ONE OF THEM... but i believe he is a just GOD... and one day we shall recieve our just reward.. at least i know i will.. what about you? what if there is a god?
will

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#17 Nov 25, 2011
ihveit wrote:
is this a dietary law or medical?
It doesn't mater how we choose to define it, abstain means abstain.
ihveit wrote:
your life could someday depend on the truth of this one question
No, it really couldn't.

“Live, Laugh, Love”

Field of Flowers

#18 Nov 25, 2011
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
Like...those who get cancer? Or, those who die in earthquakes, hurricanes etc?
If people read the Bible they would realize that we are born into sin, therefore we are all prone to sickness, old age and death. We are also told in Scripture that "unseen occurrences befall us all." (Ecc 9:11) I don't believe for a minute God is up there making anything bad happen to anyone.

I have personally known people to lazy to do anything in life and they sit their whining and blame God for everything. Or those who have made willful mistakes and then turn around and blame God.

“Live, Laugh, Love”

Field of Flowers

#19 Nov 25, 2011
Stingo wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you said God is mean :) I wasn't referring to anyone in particular- just people in general who like to blame God for their problems. Many believe in God and then blame Him when it hits the fan in life.

What do you mean "an entity like that?"

central louisiana

#20 Nov 26, 2011
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't mater how we choose to define it, abstain means abstain.
<quoted text>
No, it really couldn't.
ihv well the blood thing was a dietary law of the OT.. we cant forget a verse in the nt when dealing with this:
but first this one:
Ga 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

how can you say you love your neighbor when you go tell him to die rather than recieve a transfusion?

next this one will do:
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

now if you wanna keep the law you are obligated to KEEP THE WHOLE LAW.. not some minor piece of it..

are you under law? as to me i am not under the law but under grace... BIG DIFFERENCE
NUF FOR TODAY
will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jehovah's Witnesses children at risk: RC The ch... 3 min Jace 47
Why doesn't topix install a disquis-like feature? 8 min Caciques a liar 45
News Jehovah's Witnesses 'demonstrated a serious fai... 8 min Jace 50
Are Jehovah's witnesses Hated? 39 min ukguy61 173
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 53 min Samson 1,031
Forget the fact. 59 min Samson 31
What do JW want? 1 hr array 259
Puppy Study Proves Transfused Blood Does Feed 6 hr teleologist 246
So how do the Jehovah's feel about Trump 7 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 624
Prime_LA 10 hr Meshell 60
More from around the web