3 More Branches Closed
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#1 Sep 18, 2013
It seems the Finland branch has taken over the work from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania (See http://www.jw.org/en/jeho vahs-witnesses/offices/finland /)

Are they headed for all things to go through USA and Canada ??????
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#2 Sep 18, 2013
Stan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Sep 18, 2013
I like the picture. They are all excited about a magazine. Not a bible in sight!

“it's all about logic”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 18, 2013
Stan wrote:
I like the picture. They are all excited about a magazine. Not a bible in sight!
Why would they have Bibles with them on a tour? Silly Stan...
By the way, I see your in P-town. I know a few witnesses there. Care to share what congregation you were ever in?
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#5 Sep 18, 2013
nicole3380 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I see your in P-town. I know a few witnesses there. Care to share what congregation you were ever in?
The JW's were touring a printing facility owned by the Watchtower Society.

The JW's were crowded around the brother with a magazine in his hands.

Where are the bibles?

Maybe the JW's knew the Bethelites featured on the front cover who were shown conducting a Bible Study with a Watchtower book.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 18, 2013
nicole3380 wrote:
<quoted text>
why not most zelouse bible student JW always have their bibles with them on vacation or tours.

does not the TMS and Km give examples of incidental witnessing, informal witnessing, being prepared for every oppotunity to give a witness, on all occasions.

the TMS ofter gives examples of b/s witnessing out side of door to door. In fact it is encouraged isn't it. What if a passer by asked are you a JW and wants to have a discussion on the BIBLE.

I find your comment odd.
Blessed

Wausau, WI

#7 Sep 18, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>why not most zelouse bible student JW always have their bibles with them on vacation or tours.
does not the TMS and Km give examples of incidental witnessing, informal witnessing, being prepared for every oppotunity to give a witness, on all occasions.
the TMS ofter gives examples of b/s witnessing out side of door to door. In fact it is encouraged isn't it. What if a passer by asked are you a JW and wants to have a discussion on the BIBLE.
I find your comment odd.
I always had my extra bible in my purse ...

Location hidden

#8 Sep 18, 2013
Blessed wrote:
<quoted text>
I always had my extra bible in my purse ...
yes those little pocket bibles are not heavy and easy to put in purses, jackets and pockets, so cant see what that poster is on about, unless she doesn't go to a TMS or is just blowing smoke.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Sep 19, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
The JW's were touring a printing facility owned by the Watchtower Society.
The JW's were crowded around the brother with a magazine in his hands.
Where are the bibles?
Maybe the JW's knew the Bethelites featured on the front cover who were shown conducting a Bible Study with a Watchtower book.
Because God counts the number of Bible in every photograph before deciding who to save and who to destroy.

Oh man we better make sure that EVERY time someone takes our picture we are holding a Bible.

These people make their Bible into an IDOL by insisting that we are some how spiritually inferior unless we are seen with a Bible at all times.

Its the same mentality that determines spirituality by the number of times someone says the word "Jesus" within a sentence regardless if context demands or not. They seem to think if they don't say the word "Jesus" enough then Jesus won't save them. Or at least he won't save them as much as he saves others.

“Life is short, enjoy life.:-).”

Since: Aug 13

Baghdad, Iraq

#10 Sep 19, 2013
Ex-JW wrote:
It seems the Finland branch has taken over the work from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania (See http://www.jw.org/en/jeho vahs-witnesses/offices/finland /)
Are they headed for all things to go through USA and Canada ??????
You see! Finland is expanding! Everything goes very well with the org.......
:-p

Location hidden

#11 Sep 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God counts the number of Bible in every photograph before deciding who to save and who to destroy.
Oh man we better make sure that EVERY time someone takes our picture we are holding a Bible.
These people make their Bible into an IDOL by insisting that we are some how spiritually inferior unless we are seen with a Bible at all times.
Its the same mentality that determines spirituality by the number of times someone says the word "Jesus" within a sentence regardless if context demands or not. They seem to think if they don't say the word "Jesus" enough then Jesus won't save them. Or at least he won't save them as much as he saves others.
you miss the point, it was the literature of the WTinc that was more important, high lighted.

And did you know the new generation of JW mainly offer litature at the doors and rarely use the bible at all, even though they are encourage to, the literature of the WT is the number one tool for witnessing not the bible that is a fact, however I am not saying that the literature does not have some very good articles they do.

But many JW have magazine routes and literature is the the most important wAy of witnessing that is a fact, or do you deny that.

Have you filled out your monthly report, how many mags placed, how many brochures and books placed, why does the GB wAnt statistics on how much literature is placed at the doors or informally.

Are JW bible students or magazine students. And I think it would have been a much better witness if the brother and others their had their bibles or a bible was in hand along with the brochure. Go
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#12 Sep 19, 2013
Aneirin says ****These people make their Bible into an IDOL *******

On vacation many years ago in Spain with a married JW couple, his wife a born-in told my wife(not a JW) and myself that she places Watchtower magazines by her hotel room door to keep evil spirits away !?¥|!?
Stan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Sep 19, 2013
nicole3380 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they have watchtower publications with them? Maybe they were presented with a magazine on the tour and were just overwhelmed with a wave of ecstasy. They are more interested in their publications than the bible, this is just another example.

As far as my location, if you look over my history you will see that the server is sometimes from colorado springs and sometimes from pueblo. There are no doubt many watchtower alters in this area. I'm not one of them. In fact, in my last 8 or more years here I think they have only come to my door once to invite me to some convention.

“it's all about logic”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 19, 2013
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they have watchtower publications with them? Maybe they were presented with a magazine on the tour and were just overwhelmed with a wave of ecstasy. They are more interested in their publications than the bible, this is just another example.
As far as my location, if you look over my history you will see that the server is sometimes from colorado springs and sometimes from pueblo. There are no doubt many watchtower alters in this area. I'm not one of them. In fact, in my last 8 or more years here I think they have only come to my door once to
invite me to some convention.
They are obviously in the printing department. Considering they print watchtowers, I guess we would expect to see one, wouldn't we? If watchtowers were more important than the Bible, they wouldn't be printing the Bible in larger numbers and more languages than anyone else in the world.
But you don't care.....with you haters, it's always about picking insignificant details to complain about, in efforts to try and prove that your erroneous thinking is correct.
red blood relative

United States

#15 Sep 19, 2013
hi nichole..... i care... i love you.
... jehovahs witnesses are taught to respect the watchtower article as much as the bible.

stop trying to fool everyone, nichole, you are in a cult who claims god appointed them to rule because of the dates they know about, that keep changing.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#16 Sep 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
But each and every picture you better be showing a picture of the watchtower, with the pagan watchtower symbol on it. Even natural disaster pictures dictate you must show a picture of the watchtower.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#17 Sep 19, 2013
nicole3380 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are obviously in the printing department. Considering they print watchtowers, I guess we would expect to see one, wouldn't we? If watchtowers were more important than the Bible, they wouldn't be printing the Bible in larger numbers and more languages than anyone else in the world.
But you don't care.....with you haters, it's always about picking insignificant details to complain about, in efforts to try and prove that your erroneous thinking is correct.
Take another looks at facts:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/20...
Stan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Sep 19, 2013
Matt9969 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take another looks at facts:
I guess nicole is willing to babble out statements without evidence of the facts. Seems like the perfect mentality for watchtower worship.
jace

Clinton, MD

#19 Sep 19, 2013
Matt9969 wrote:
<quoted text>Take another looks at facts:

To be fair now it called

THE WATCHTOWER bible and tract society

Generally speaking the naming convention reveals importance and rank oftentimes

Why would they list the word of God second fiddle to some uninspired magazine in their corp name
Tao itness

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2013
go to a Lost and Found apartment at any JW convention and the Bible is there in stacks, but as far as new releases you would be hard pressed to find one that was misplaced. I took my wife who is a Baptist and respect the Bible and loves God immensely, when we borrowed a Bible the attendant said to not worry about bringing it back, since no one comes looking for them. she was really baffled at the attitude that JW's have toward their Bibles, and really gave me insight that they do respect the word coming from the watchtower than the Word of God itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does God need a name? (Sep '14) 4 min Postit 28
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 4 min sidgi 174
Why don;t JW's feed the poor as Jesus demonstra... 7 min m f b 2
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 9 min PrufSammy 3,336
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 11 min rsss1 24,303
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 37 min ihveit 511
so true: 47 min Anonymous Brother 4
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 3 hr rsss1 8,837
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 9 hr Enuma Elish 2,894
More from around the web