War of words breaks out among Jehovah...

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#22 Nov 23, 2012
BUDGIE wrote:
<quoted text>Take it up with the Independent News.!
The "Independent News" are just passing on what they were told. What they were told was a bunch of baloney.
Back to Florida I go

Antigo, WI

#23 Nov 23, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Independent News" are just passing on what they were told. What they were told was a bunch of baloney.
WHats the difference?
You beleive what a bunch of Perverted LYING men tell you as the truth when its been PROVEN the lies the Gb tells on a constant basis.

How can you even pass Judgement when you beleive liars all the time and try and defend them on here, and then when PROOF has been proven you still continue the lies..????

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#24 Nov 23, 2012
Mikronboy wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is from September 2011. What's happened since then?
Nothing of course. The matter was never "investigated" by the police in the first place, unless 'investigating' means reading the magazine and deciding that there is no case to answer. Just because someone goes to a police station to complain about something doesn't mean that a police "investigation" is taking place.

Essentially, what happened is this: The Watchtower published something that had already been written in the Bible for two thousand years, a few people got upset, no-one (including the police) paid any attention to them at all, except a journalist who lacked either the competence or the integrity to check his sources in a newspaper with a circulation that continues to plummet and was recently sold for £1 (and I mean the entire newspaper, not just a copy of the paper).

The fact that over a year later nothing has come of the so-called investigation demonstrates conclusively that the allegations made had no substance.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Nov 23, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says you must be a Christian to be saved.
Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians.
So, why don't you take the plunge?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#26 Nov 23, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
So are Catholics, Roman Catholics, Protestants, baptists... And whatever 80,000 denominations that believe in Jesus' sacrifice is Christian..

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#27 Nov 23, 2012
Open Minded Bible Student wrote:
<quoted text>
So are Catholics, Roman Catholics, Protestants, baptists... And whatever 80,000 denominations that believe in Jesus' sacrifice is Christian..
That's debatable.

Jesus did NOT say that there were many roads to salvation.

The Bible tells us that Christians will be UNITED in their faith. So obviously not every competing denomination are of the true faith.

There can clearly be only one true faith.

So it is down to us to identify the true faith in our times. God has not made this difficult. The Bible says that true Christians will be obvious.

Listen to God and Live Forever
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/ll_E...

What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...

Location hidden

#28 Nov 23, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's debatable.
Jesus did NOT say that there were many roads to salvation.
The Bible tells us that Christians will be UNITED in their faith. So obviously not every competing denomination are of the true faith.
There can clearly be only one true faith.
So it is down to us to identify the true faith in our times. God has not made this difficult. The Bible says that true Christians will be obvious.
Listen to God and Live Forever
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/ll_E...
What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...
The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...
I agree..

But why do you feel the watchtower is the right path?

In Ecclesiastes 12:12 it warns us about many books..

12 My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.- ESV Bible

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#29 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
I agree..
12 My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.- ESV Bible
I think basically that the WT has tried to educate their followers with many books, but most of those books are in the trash bin as they no longer have any meaning for today, now with the new change more will just go in the trash bin, and on and on it goes.

The WT are now concentrating more on tracts, which are just basic without all the 1914 and other crap.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#30 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
I agree..
I rather don't think that scripture is instructing Christians to stop reading books.

But if you don't read books or study then that's your choice. Good to know you take your understanding of the Bible seriously enough to give up studying books.

I take it you don't study or read books right?

Location hidden

#31 Nov 23, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
I rather don't think that scripture is instructing Christians to stop reading books.
But if you don't read books or study then that's your choice. Good to know you take your understanding of the Bible seriously enough to give up studying books.
I take it you don't study or read books right?
That's not my point..

I do study books! But we gotta keep balanced..

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#32 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
That's not my point..
I do study books! But we gotta keep balanced..
There are many many books filled with human philosophy and human pass-times and human fictions.

No doubt there is much in books that is nothing but a distraction.

HOWEVER, Jesus instructed us to teach people and books are incredibly effective teaching aids.

I don't think Solomon would disagree with such a use for books.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#33 Nov 23, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>I think basically that the WT has tried to educate their followers with many books, but most of those books are in the trash bin as they no longer have any meaning for today, now with the new change more will just go in the trash bin, and on and on it goes.
The WT are now concentrating more on tracts, which are just basic without all the 1914 and other crap.
This is the real ND talking.

Thank you for admitting you are not a witness.

I'll save this one.

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#34 Nov 24, 2012
VinceGk wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing of course. The matter was never "investigated" by the police in the first place, unless 'investigating' means reading the magazine and deciding that there is no case to answer. Just because someone goes to a police station to complain about something doesn't mean that a police "investigation" is taking place.
Essentially, what happened is this: The Watchtower published something that had already been written in the Bible for two thousand years, a few people got upset, no-one (including the police) paid any attention to them at all, except a journalist who lacked either the competence or the integrity to check his sources in a newspaper with a circulation that continues to plummet and was recently sold for £1 (and I mean the entire newspaper, not just a copy of the paper).
The fact that over a year later nothing has come of the so-called investigation demonstrates conclusively that the allegations made had no substance.
I'm quite sure that the police decided to do nothing. However, the point is that the WT referred to it's ex-members as "diseased" and did get newspaper coverage as a result. This coverage would have been read by some witnesses and interested people and could have deterred some from continuing to associate. Maybe even made JW's with DF'd family members to think again.

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#35 Nov 24, 2012
Mikronboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure that the police decided to do nothing. However, the point is that the WT referred to it's ex-members as "diseased" and did get newspaper coverage as a result. This coverage would have been read by some witnesses and interested people and could have deterred some from continuing to associate. Maybe even made JW's with DF'd family members to think again.
and those sitting in the KH with mental illness, which is quite a few.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36 Nov 24, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE A LIAR!
xhitmanx

Saginaw, MI

#37 Nov 24, 2012
It's also interesting that he calls it a "church" which is totaslly wrong. Only people of christiandom call it a church.
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#38 Nov 24, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The true faith is Christianity.

Yes, God has used the bible to make it obvious.

Deut 18 shows without doubt that the JW organization is a false prophet.

Gal 1 shows without doubt that the JW religion is cursed.

So it is very easy to see logically that JW organization is not among the true faith.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#39 Nov 24, 2012
Truth of Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The true faith is Christianity.
Yes, God has used the bible to make it obvious.
Deut 18 shows without doubt that the JW organization is a false prophet.
Gal 1 shows without doubt that the JW religion is cursed.
So it is very easy to see logically that JW organization is not among the true faith.
The Pharisees were similarly dismissive of the first century Christians.

Fortunately we, being open minded, free thinkers, get to decide for ourselves who are and who are not true Christians.

Jehovah's Witnesses:
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/

Jehovah's Witnesses' publications:
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/

Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible teachings:
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#40 Nov 24, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pharisees were similarly dismissive of the first century Christians.
Fortunately we, being open minded, free thinkers, get to decide for ourselves who are and who are not true Christians.
Yes, I agree that Pharisees had a great deal in common with JW organization as they attempted to discredit any real Christians who did not follow their man made rules.

Fortunately we have the full bible to guide us and it makes it easy to see that by Deut 18 the JW organization is a false prophet and by Gal 1 the JW religion is cursed by God. So there is no excuse for anyone to not steer clear of this wicked organization.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#42 Nov 24, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says, YOU MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS TO BE SAVED. He is the ONLY WAY, the ONLY TRUTH, the ONLY LIFE. There is no other way. We are saved by the grace of God, not by belonging to any religion or organization. As believing in Jesus you become one of his children, a Christian, Jehovah's witnesses believe by being in the religion or organization they are saved, therefore putting Jesus second. you can deny it all you wish Aneirin, but you know its the truth. Show me one scripture that says by being a JW I will be saved. Please show me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Other sheep" - Led by God's Spirit? 10 min rsss1 1,330
Jehovah's Witness and a Christian 20 min wow 178
Who are the JWs really following? 31 min wow 22
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 57 min wow 2,098
News Lack of education leads to lost dreams, low inc... 1 hr DR SOS 5
Trump on extremists: Ignorance is not bliss - I... (Jun '16) 1 hr 1919 is unscriptu... 113
Watchtower going mainstream ? 1 hr red blood relative 7
Why is there no such place as hell? 1 hr red blood relative 154
Cults 4 hr wow 133
wt lies about the cross 23 hr 1919 false reapers 2,070
More from around the web