Next Last

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1 Mar 16, 2014
Androgynous DRSOS

Wappingers Falls, NY

#2 Mar 16, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs- witnesses/activities/publishin g/watchtower-awake-magazine/
too funny,

TREES BEING DESTROYED,GARBAGE LANDFILLS,AND POLLUTION.

AND THE JW THINKS THIS IS SOME HOW A BROWNIE POINT IN THEIR FAVOR.

Revelation 11:18 "Jehovah will bring ruin to those ruining the earth"

LOL.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 16, 2014
What the Watchtower website doesn't say is how many of those 40 million copies of their magazines are never read and end up in recycle bins and landfill sites.
Androgynous DRSOS

Wappingers Falls, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2014
Admiral Kolchak wrote:
What the Watchtower website doesn't say is how many of those 40 million copies of their magazines are never read and end up in recycle bins and landfill sites.
"landfill sites"

BINGO.

NOT TO MENTION THE DESTRUCTION OF TREES IT TOOK TO PRODUCE ALL OF THE LITERATURE.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#6 Mar 16, 2014
Androgynous DRSOS wrote:
<quoted text>"landfill sites"
BINGO.
NOT TO MENTION THE DESTRUCTION OF TREES IT TOOK TO PRODUCE ALL OF THE LITERATURE.
Sad that the JW leadership has to destroy all those trees to stroke their ego.

“Delivering the Gospel”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#7 Mar 16, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs- witnesses/activities/publishin g/watchtower-awake-magazine/
That's great! Too bad you are not preaching the right message.

Let's compare God's word to any of your magazines to see if you guys are on the right track.

Acts 5:42 [nwt]
And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the Good News ABOUT the Christ Jesus.

What's the Good News ABOUT Jesus Christ? This is it.

1 Cor.15:1-4
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the GOOD NEWS which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ DIED FOR OUR SINS according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

It's the message that we are commanded to preach.

Acts 10:42,43
42 And He COMMANDED us TO PREACH to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. 43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever BELIEVES in Him WILL RECEIVE remission of sins.”

Luke 24:45-48
45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

46 Then He said to them,“Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and REMISSION of SINS should be PREACHED in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things.

Now starting from this month,go back to any Watchtower or Awake magazine and let's see how far you will go before you find the message that we are commanded to preach in print.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 16, 2014
Christian Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>That's great! Too bad you are not preaching the right message.
Let's compare God's word to any of your magazines to see if you guys are on the right track.
Acts 5:42 [nwt]
And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the Good News ABOUT the Christ Jesus.
What's the Good News ABOUT Jesus Christ? This is it.
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the GOOD NEWS which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ DIED FOR OUR SINS according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
It's the message that we are commanded to preach.
Acts 10:42,43
42 And He COMMANDED us TO PREACH to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. 43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever BELIEVES in Him WILL RECEIVE remission of sins.”
Luke 24:45-48
45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
46 Then He said to them,“Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and REMISSION of SINS should be PREACHED in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things.
Now starting from this month,go back to any Watchtower or Awake magazine and let's see how far you will go before you find the message that we are commanded to preach in print.
Yes that's good news without a doubt and certainly something we believe and tell other's

But here's the prophecy and command from the words of Christ himself

Matt 24:14&#8239;"And this good news OF THE KINGDOM will be preached in all the inhabited earth"
Androgynous DRSOS

Wappingers Falls, NY

#9 Mar 16, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that's good news without a doubt and certainly something we believe and tell other's
Matt 24:14&#8239;"And this good news OF THE KINGDOM will be preached in all the inhabited earth"
While RUINING IT WITH POLLUTION AND FALSE PROPHECY.

And SOME PARTS OF THE EARTH WILL NOT HEAR IT BECAUSE JWS DO NOT EXIST THERE,

LOL

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#10 Mar 23, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also quoting Jesus Christ and a few from Paul. The reason I ask you to look was because I know that the message that we are commanded to preach is not in your magazines and we both know that it's not your door to door message. All I did was use God's word [ Truth ] to point out the false religion.

I shared the Good News with three people yesterday and each time it was the same message.

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you THE gospel which I PREACHED TO YOU, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are SAVED, if you hold fast that word which I PREACHED TO YOU—unless you BELIEVED in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died FOR OUR sins ACCORDING to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Please understand this is not your fault,it's what you're being taught. Let me give you an example of how your religion has watered down their translation to deceive you.

First of all we that the jws talk about PREACHING the Good News and Paul used the word PREACH in the above scripture,so there is a message that one should PREACH. With that in mind let's compare these two translations.

1 Cor.1:18 [ KJV ]
For the PREACHING of the cross is to them that PERISH foolishness; but unto us which are SAVED it is the power of God.

1 Cor.1:18 [ Nwt ]
For the SPEECH about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved,it is God's power.

Now the preaching of the cross / torture stake narrows it down to ONE message,the same message was in ALL those scriptures that was in my first post [# 7 ] to you that we are commanded to preach. If the NWT would have used "preach" instead of "speech," then that would have narrowed it down to ONE message for you too. That would mean that it SHOULD be in your magazines and it SHOULD be in your door to door message. What I did was to show you that it WAS NOT in either. Please take the time to check as many of your publications as you can and see if it lines-up with God's word.

Did you notice that it was a SAVING message to those who believed,but to those who did not,they PERISHED?

For the PREACHING of the cross is to them that PERISH foolishness; but unto us which are SAVED it is the power of God.

Does your message save? If not,then you're not preaching the right message. Why would one want to preach a message that does not save? Would that not be a waste of time?

Now that you have seen the Truth, what you do with that is between you and God.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 23, 2014
Christian Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>I was also quoting Jesus Christ and a few from Paul. The reason I ask you to look was because I know that the message that we are commanded to preach is not in your magazines and we both know that it's not your door to door message. All I did was use God's word [ Truth ] to point out the false religion.
I shared the Good News with three people yesterday and each time it was the same message.
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you THE gospel which I PREACHED TO YOU, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are SAVED, if you hold fast that word which I PREACHED TO YOU—unless you BELIEVED in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died FOR OUR sins ACCORDING to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
Please understand this is not your fault,it's what you're being taught. Let me give you an example of how your religion has watered down their translation to deceive you.
First of all we that the jws talk about PREACHING the Good News and Paul used the word PREACH in the above scripture,so there is a message that one should PREACH. With that in mind let's compare these two translations.
1 Cor.1:18 [ Nwt ]
For the SPEECH about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved,it is God's power.
Now the preaching of the cross / torture stake narrows it down to ONE message,the same message was in ALL those scriptures that was in my first post [# 7 ] to you that we are commanded to preach. If the NWT would have used "preach" instead of "speech," then that would have narrowed it down to ONE message for you too. That would mean that it SHOULD be in your magazines and it SHOULD be in your door to door message. What I did was to show you that it WAS NOT in either. Please take the time to check as many of your publications as you can and see if it lines-up with God's word.
Did you notice that it was a SAVING message to those who believed,but to those who did not,they PERISHED?
Does your message save? If not,then you're not preaching the right message. Why would one want to preach a message that does not save? Would that not be a waste of time?
Now that you have seen the Truth, what you do with that is between you and God.
Like I said all that is good news however you miss the very important point the means of salvation and the means to sanctify God's name (Model prayer) Is the KINGDOM

Jesus preaching was the KINGDOM even the evildoer who died next to him knew it.

It's not your fault you don't know it's what you've been taught

Gen 3:15 and I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel

Dan 2:44 and in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite

Matt 6 : 9 Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.10 Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth

Matt 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come

Jesus sacrifice was the key to allowing the rule of God's Kingdom to save mankind from the grip of sin and death.

1 Cor 15: 24 Next the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, 26&#8239;And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#12 Mar 23, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said all that is good news however you miss the very important point the means of salvation and the means to sanctify God's name (Model prayer) Is the KINGDOM
Jesus preaching was the KINGDOM even the evildoer who died next to him knew it.
It's not your fault you don't know it's what you've been taught
Gen 3:15 and I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel
Dan 2:44 and in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite
Matt 6 : 9 Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.10 Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth
Matt 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come
Jesus sacrifice was the key to allowing the rule of God's Kingdom to save mankind from the grip of sin and death.
1 Cor 15: 24 Next the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, 26&#8239;And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.
The GOOD News is called the "GOOD News" for a reason. Which would you say is to a sinner,yours,or mine?

Rom.6:23
For the wages of sin is death,

Tell me why your Good News is good. Just what is it that makes it "Good" to every sinner on the planet?

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13 Mar 23, 2014
I just love it when they make that claim.
'in circulation' ah probably not as many of the publishers still have 2-3 copies of the mags they took at the counter.

Try putting them on bookstands and for sale or on kindle for sale and see how many get sold.

Even when I was associated, I questioned this. It's basically a lie, by misleading people into thinking it's something it's not.

They want you to think it's the most READ magazine, but it's only the printing.

Just more deception from the org.
They just don't seem to be honest about the smallest of things.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#14 Mar 23, 2014
I love the "paid and verified".
If it weren't for the fact that the publishers were 'encouraged' to make donations for the mags, there wouldn't even be that.
It is NOT the most READ.

Location hidden

#15 Mar 23, 2014
Christian Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>The GOOD News is called the "GOOD News" for a reason. Which would you say is to a sinner,yours,or mine?
Rom.6:23
For the wages of sin is death,
Tell me why your Good News is good. Just what is it that makes it "Good" to every sinner on the planet?
Yeah it's the "GOOD NEWS" of the Kingdom

The sacrifice of The Christ is God's means of salvation which allows sinful mankind to be free from the slavery of sin and death.

That's the whole purpose of the Kingdom. A permanent solution to a massive problem. To bring mankind back to where God intended them to be in the first place

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#16 Mar 23, 2014
This Watchtower was the most way out in front Watchtower ever!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/Mikeho...

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#17 Mar 23, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it's the "GOOD NEWS" of the Kingdom
The sacrifice of The Christ is God's means of salvation which allows sinful mankind to be free from the slavery of sin and death.
That's the whole purpose of the Kingdom. A permanent solution to a massive problem. To bring mankind back to where God intended them to be in the first place
Then why is it not in every publication and in your door to door message? The last tract I was handed [ last week ] was how to be a better parent/person. Why not just give me the message that saves?

Location hidden

#18 Mar 23, 2014
Christian Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is it not in every publication and in your door to door message? The last tract I was handed [ last week ] was how to be a better parent/person. Why not just give me the message that saves?
Why didn't Jesus constantly repeat the same point every time he spoke?

All church goers say is "Christ died for you, come to the lord and be saved",now that is not incorrect .But you don't really know what that means you don't grasp the meaning behind it. It's just words with no substance.
jace

Clinton, MD

#19 Mar 23, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>Why didn't Jesus constantly repeat the same point every time he spoke?

All church goers say is "Christ died for you, come to the lord and be saved",now that is not incorrect .But you don't really know what that means you don't grasp the meaning behind it. It's just words with no substance.
The problem with the wt writers always revolves around them getting into matters that the bible doesn't touch

If you look at practically all their dogmas on the trash pile

They are all the result if violating a simple directive of Jesus

Do not go beyond what is written

Even when I was at bethel we used to laugh at how the writing dept would have a question from readers

Does the bible day so and in the first sentence the wit would often say

THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY

It's at this point the wt writers should leave the issue

BUT O NO !!!!
They will spend the next page and half jawboning on maybe could be perhaps possible one can conclude Just speculating their "arse" off

Instead of leaving the issue alone

When you have dogmas that were DOA the day it rolled off the presses

All the calling it food from god new light etc will not change the fact that the info was DOA THE DAY IT WAS PRINTED

The teaching that the generation of 1914 would not die was DOA the day the guys in the writing dept came up with that idea on that cold afternoon sitting in a conference room
jace

Clinton, MD

#20 Mar 23, 2014
jace wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with the wt writers always revolves around them getting into matters that the bible doesn't touch

If you look at practically all their dogmas on the trash pile

They are all the result if violating a simple directive of Jesus

Do not go beyond what is written

Even when I was at bethel we used to laugh at how the writing dept would have a question from readers

Does the bible day so and in the first sentence the wit would often say

THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY

It's at this point the wt writers should leave the issue

BUT O NO !!!!
They will spend the next page and half jawboning on maybe could be perhaps possible one can conclude Just speculating their "arse" off

Instead of leaving the issue alone

When you have dogmas that were DOA the day it rolled off the presses

All the calling it food from god new light etc will not change the fact that the info was DOA THE DAY IT WAS PRINTED

The teaching that the generation of 1914 would not die was DOA the day the guys in the writing dept came up with that idea on that cold afternoon sitting in a conference room
Does the bible say so and so and in the first sentence the wt would often say NO

Since: Aug 12

Widnes, UK

#21 Mar 23, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
What is the point in all this boasting? Talk about blowing your own trumpet (Matt 6:1, 2)

lol

Where is the glory given to God? Where is the talk about goodness etc of the kingdom? Nope, all bragging about how wonderful the "organisation" is compared to everyone else...as per usual. The arrogance of this organisation is astounding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 5 min dee lightful 1,457
2WitnessRule 7 min Nomi 506
Should Christians go to a doctor? 8 min dee lightful 159
Why do woman join up? 10 min Recovered 77
The Great FDS Own Goal 12 min Nomi 138
Jehovahs Witness Doctors??? 13 min little lamb 25
About Pat 25 min dee lightful 16
Can anyone give a clear explanation.. 32 min Nomi 22
Jehovah's Witnesses Banned as 'Extremist' in Ru... 1 hr Matt9969 27
20 years and counting: Three Jehovah's Witnesse... 4 hr RedhorseWoman 74