of 12
Next Last
Geez Mardana

Denver, CO

#240 Sep 19, 2012
Mardana wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you a JW?
If so, can you explain why you decided to choose a user-name for the sole and intentional purpose of taunting and antagonizing a regular poster on this forum?
You and your friends got a kick out of the fact that it bothered her whenever you or your friends posted the phrase "Geez Louise".
So, you went one step further to taunt her by choosing that as your user-name.
And you are a JW......so very kind and Christ-like of you to intentionally taunt someone like that......*sigh*
Are your friends here proud of you?
You sure do pick some nasty friends to uphold.
Anonymous

Olive Branch, MS

#241 Sep 19, 2012
Scriptures that inentify the HOLY SPIRIT as GOD :Acts 5:3,4"But Peter said:'ananias,why has Satan emboldened you to play false to the Holy Spirit...you have played false not to men ,but to God'.
2 COR 3:17 "Now jehovah is the Spirit;and where the spirit of Jehovah is ,there is freedom.The next verse ends "..are transformed into the same image from glory to glory,exactly as done by Jehovah [the] Spirit".See also HEB 3:7-9,"..as the Holy Spirit says....Your forefathers made a test of ME with a trial,and yet they had seen MY works for forty years".PS 78:18"they proceeded to test God in their hearts,78:41"...again and again they would put God to the test".

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#242 Sep 19, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something for you to contemplate...
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. 17 He is the Spirit of truth. The world is unable to receive Him because it doesnÂ’t see Him or know Him. But you do know Him, because He remains with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you.
John 14:16-18
In verse 17 Jesus tells his disciples that he will send another one to 'replace' him when he will be no longer physically among them. And that 'replacement' is no stranger to them.
In verse 18 when Jesus said, "I am coming to you." he is speaking of himself and the Spirit as having one identity.
Interesting scriptures..

Thank you
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#243 Sep 19, 2012
Open Minded Bible Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting scriptures..
Thank you
You are welcome.

Since: Jul 11

Portadown

#244 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
RBR,
Can you post scriptures stating that the holy spirit is God?
That would be greatly appreciated :)
Let me help.

1John 5.
7.For there are three that bear witness in heaven,the Father,the Word,and the Holy Spirit;and these three are one.

Portadown

#245 Sep 25, 2012
Geeze Louise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just grateful to be out of jail. Time is short. All druggies are sick and mentally unbalanced. You never were a JW to leave.
Time indeed is short,but not as short as the watch towers false and failed predictions. Like this one, Christ returned invisibly to the world in 1874, and that 1914 was the year the world would be destroyed and the Millennium would begin.One of many.
Would you care to discuss this and others in depth Louise?

Since: Jan 12

United States

#246 Sep 26, 2012
gosh, talk about the mystery of the trinity..... here is an interesting jw mystery;

finished mystery 1917
...."in the year 1918, when god destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions, it shall be that any escape shall come to the works of russel."

gosh mr mad jw, it sounds like a false prophecy to me.... do you know what the word "haughty" means?
are you sure jesus came back in 1874-1878 and again in 1914-1918, errr invisibly, and only your jw leadership knew about it?
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#247 Sep 26, 2012
red blood relative wrote:
gosh, talk about the mystery of the trinity..... here is an interesting jw mystery;
finished mystery 1917
...."in the year 1918, when god destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions, it shall be that any escape shall come to the works of russel."
gosh mr mad jw, it sounds like a false prophecy to me.... do you know what the word "haughty" means?
are you sure jesus came back in 1874-1878 and again in 1914-1918, errr invisibly, and only your jw leadership knew about it?
If it comes from the serpents on the Governing Body he'll believe it.

Location hidden

#248 Sep 26, 2012
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help.
1John 5.
7.For there are three that bear witness in heaven,the Father,the Word,and the Holy Spirit;and these three are one.
Are they one of the same Godhead? Or are they one in the same purpose? Or both?

Thank you for helping

Location hidden

#249 Sep 26, 2012
red blood relative wrote:
finished mystery 1917
I thought that 1918 was the time where the GB said that they were appointed as God's mouthpiece?
The Jew

Orlando, FL

#250 Sep 26, 2012
Gotyou wrote:
In Genesis 1:26, God is reported to say " Let us make man in our image". The pivotal question is: to whom God is speaking to in gen. 1:26? I would like to see how you[JWs] can slice the dice to answer this question.
To give you a hint: Genesis 1:26 says "then GOD[Elohim, plural for God] said let US[plural pronoum] make man in OUR[plural pronoum] image".
I know that some blind JWs would follow the WTS foolish explanation to say that God was speaking in plural of majesty in Genesis 1:26 but the problem is that this poetic device did not even exist in the Old Testament[Hebrew scriptures] of the Bible.
Another group of blind JWs would attempt to explain this scripture by saying that God was talking to angels in Gen. 1:26. The major problem with that is: Angels are created beings and thus they could not have part in creation. Angels are not creators.
So as you see: God is reported to say: "let US make man in our image". God was seeking advice or approval to create man in Genesis 1:26. The question remains: To whom God is speaking to in Gen. 1:26? I know that you will resort to any illogical ways to explian this verse out. Be as it may, I would to know your explanation.
Read and understand Hebrew O lost Xtian...

"Elohim" is always plural....
The Jew

Orlando, FL

#251 Sep 26, 2012
Elohim represents all that is Elohim.

Angels, YHWH, Gabriel, Zoroaster, Jesus, Nebuchadnezzar, Moses....

You need to stop thinking in western world terms and 2 dimensional thought. Silly Christians can never fully understand the Hebrew El without becoming Hebrew in thinking.

You have to become Hebrew to know Elohim.

McDonalds and Milkshakes and Happy Meals don't cut it.

Shell66

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#252 Sep 29, 2012
Geeze Louise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just grateful to be out of jail. Time is short. All druggies are sick and mentally unbalanced. You never were a JW to leave.
By the way Leta, have you been reinstated yet?

Your a sick unbalanced person, no wonder you are DF..

Portadown

#253 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Are they one of the same Godhead? Or are they one in the same purpose? Or both?
Thank you for helping
I can only point you to the Word of God.

The Holy Scriptures tell us God exists eternally in unity as three "persons". These three persons being one in substance and essence and existing in the most perfect unity of thought and purpose.
1 John 5.
7.For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The same in substance and essence, equal in glory, majesty and power.
Right from the very fist book,Genesis, the tri-unity of the Godhead is revealed to us. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." (Genesis 1:26). "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Genesis 1:27).

The plural "us" and "our" in Genesis 1:26 revealed that "there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost".(1 John 5:7).
The singular "his" and "he" in Genesis 1:27 revealed that "these three are one"

In Genesis, the tri-unity of the Godhead is revealed to us. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." (Genesis 1:26). "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The Lord Jesus Christ said to his disciples, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost".(Matthew 28:19). The unity of the Godhead is clear in his words, "baptizing them in the NAME (singular)." He did not say baptize them in the names (plural).
Anonymous

Olive Branch, MS

#254 Oct 6, 2012
In the time of the NT,the only frame of reference for Israel was the OT.If we consider the words and actions of Jesus in this light we can see He meant to impress on his audience a equality with the God of Isreal. YHWH formed man from the dust of the earth.Imagine what people thought when Jesus "finishs"the work of YHWH by repairing a man's eye with the same substance at JN 9:1-5.Turning water into wine is the OT work of YHWH at PS 104:13-15,what takes months,Jesus does in an instant at JN 2:1-10.
Anonymous

Olive Branch, MS

#255 Oct 6, 2012
When His disciples saw Him walking on the sea[JN 6:19,20],the OT image of YHWH "treading upon the waves of the sea" [JOB 9:8] would have flashed across their memory.
When He arose and rebucked the winds and the sea[MT 8:25-27],the scripture stands out"Then they cry unto YHWWH in their trouble,and He bringth them out of their distress,HE maketh the storm a calm,so that the waves thereof are still"[PS 107:28,29].Surely JEW and JW should "Honor the SON as they Honor the FATHER"[JN 5:23].

when

Since: Jan 12

United States

#256 Oct 7, 2012
if the jw gov body admitted that the concept of the trinity was correct, many jws would be tempted to leave their wicked dictatorship organization, and find a loving church to go to.

so, its not really about the truth, its about maintaining a following..... the light that is getting brighter for them is not the truth, its an angel of light, who shows them how to maintain control of their following.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God's Name WAS in the Original NT!!! (Sep '16) 7 min Erran 2,076
What does this mean? 18 min Erran 504
Hebrews 1:13-14 51 min Bible believer 33
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 1 hr rsss1 27,200
Genesis 3:22-24 3 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 112
When are the "Last Days"? 3 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 207
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 4 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 10,446
How I know that the JWs religion is the truth? (Oct '15) 12 hr Spike 302
More from around the web