Jehovah's Witnesses.. and a 14-year-old Run-Away {Abuse}

There are 18 comments on the Free Republic story from Sep 11, 2012, titled Jehovah's Witnesses.. and a 14-year-old Run-Away {Abuse}. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Jehovah's Witnesses, Hells Angels, Serial Killers, Dissociative Identity Disorder and a 14-year-old Run-Away is the author's response to the crippling experience she says began with the Jehovah's Witnesses in 1983 and continues to this day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#21 Sep 13, 2012
Geeze Louise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she did exaggerate or lied about being disfellowshipped. She was never a baptized member of JWs.
Anti-JW will spin it to ones who doesn't know how things work and they may believe it but that would just show their ignorance.
Skepticism is all one can do when looking at such stories where the tale is spun with untruths.
you don't even know what your so called religion has taught. You even disagree with them, just to prop up your own failings of knowing what they actually teach.
Bible teacher

Sapulpa, OK

#22 Sep 13, 2012
The law is the law, especially in Jehovah's visible earthly organization, every witness knows it. Just as the Law was with the nation of Israel, if you deliberately disobeyed you died.

Why is it so difficult to see that your love for Jehovah is measured by obedience, he says that not me... He knows we are not perfect, but he only asks that we be sorry for not seeing his shepherds direction as coming from him. As with Moses or Jesus.
(1 John 5:3, 4) 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,

Jesus also said the same thing, when he said if you do it to his brothers, you do it to me and if you do not do it to his brothers you have not done it to me.

Almighty God Jehovah expects his children to obey him, if they want his approval. The same as any earthly father who loves his children expects them to obey him or any mother.

The shepherds of God's sheep are just imperfect men, and being obedient to their direction, whether we agree with it or not: such as football and hockey and wrestling and whatever other sport that is violent conduct and should be avoided by true Christians.

The Bible gives Almighty God Jehovah's view of sports or movies, books, video games, any violence in the face of the God of love.

(Psalm 11:5). . .Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, And anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates.

Location hidden

#23 Sep 13, 2012
Bible teacher wrote:
The law is the law, especially in Jehovah's visible earthly organization, every witness knows it. Just as the Law was with the nation of Israel, if you deliberately disobeyed you died.
Why is it so difficult to see that your love for Jehovah is measured by obedience, he says that not me... He knows we are not perfect, but he only asks that we be sorry for not seeing his shepherds direction as coming from him. As with Moses or Jesus.
(1 John 5:3, 4) 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,
Jesus also said the same thing, when he said if you do it to his brothers, you do it to me and if you do not do it to his brothers you have not done it to me.
Almighty God Jehovah expects his children to obey him, if they want his approval. The same as any earthly father who loves his children expects them to obey him or any mother.
The shepherds of God's sheep are just imperfect men, and being obedient to their direction, whether we agree with it or not: such as football and hockey and wrestling and whatever other sport that is violent conduct and should be avoided by true Christians.
The Bible gives Almighty God Jehovah's view of sports or movies, books, video games, any violence in the face of the God of love.
(Psalm 11:5). . .Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, And anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates.
The wicked shepherds in our congregations (and in fact all among us who have become mere followers of men) cannot get Jehovah’s view on matters. And don’t we find that frustrating! They are so quick to find fault with people of other religions, and yet they cannot see that they are perhaps even worse in God’s eyes! We see and understand these things and are grieved by it, just as many Scriptures explain, such as in Proverbs:“Men given to badness cannot understand judgment, but those who are seeking Jehovah can understand everything.”(Prov. 28:5)

The wicked among us do not understand that they will very soon now be held accountable for all that they have done within God’s household. By their actions they show that Jehovah is not real to them, and that they are not in fear of him. But how different for those who are seeking Jehovah, and they will be “concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.”(Zeph. 2:2,3)
Bible teacher

Sapulpa, OK

#24 Sep 13, 2012
Jehovah's witnesses, that is true Christians do not judge anyone, inside or outside the congregation.

Jesus is the Judge and he examines hearts, he will judge this world of mankind very soon now.

Location hidden

#25 Sep 13, 2012
Bible teacher wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses, that is true Christians do not judge anyone, inside or outside the congregation.
Jesus is the Judge and he examines hearts, he will judge this world of mankind very soon now.
1Peter 4:17)
Jehovah tells us that before the coming of his great day, his day of fury at Armageddon, he will carefully examine his people and expose those who are content with the way things are. Through his prophet Zephaniah he foretold, "At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps. I will punish those who are so contented. They are like wine that has not been shaken up. They think,'The Lord won't do anything. It doesn't matter whether it's good or bad.' Their wealth will be stolen. Their houses will be destroyed. They will build houses. But they will not live in them. They will plant vineyards. But they will not drink the wine they produce." —Zephaniah 1:12-13; (New International Reader's Version)

For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God. NWT

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Lynchburg, VA

#26 Sep 13, 2012
I have seen things like this in my own circle of JWs. This article shows the greatest reason why there should be a ban on JW disfellowshipping. I believe most of the cases of JW difellowshipping are just like this case of the 14 year old run-away and it is most common. I want to see the WT held accountable for these acts. I pray every night for justice for these victims. I know our Heavenly Father hears and is not going to let this slide.
jace

Clinton, MD

#27 Sep 13, 2012
Geeze Louise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she did exaggerate or lied about being disfellowshipped. She was never a baptized member of JWs.
yet another poster showing their ignorance of the judical process BEFORE 1988

See this is what is so frightening about the jw, they take full advantage of the sheer ignorance of their membership as the years go by, since no one is allowed to talk about OLD LIGHT

BUT we are glad this poster is here reading our post because now this poster has been educated on the history of judical matters in regards to those NOT BAPIZED
jace

Clinton, MD

#28 Sep 13, 2012
Bible teacher wrote:
WE ALL JUDGE folks, but what we are not able to do is judge for for salvation

the problem with the jw is not only do they judge folks for salvation THEY EVEN MAKE UP THE GROUNDS upon which such judgements are based

when you consider the wt shifts "actions' from a DFing offense, sin against God, violation of the holy scriptures OVER TO A "CONSCIENCE MATTER"

THIS IS REAL WACKED!!!!!!!

Lynchburg, VA

#29 Sep 14, 2012
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
yet another poster showing their ignorance of the judical process BEFORE 1988
See this is what is so frightening about the jw, they take full advantage of the sheer ignorance of their membership as the years go by, since no one is allowed to talk about OLD LIGHT
BUT we are glad this poster is here reading our post because now this poster has been educated on the history of judical matters in regards to those NOT BAPIZED
Don't the elders "disassociate" non-baptized person if they violate one of their policies?

Lynchburg, VA

#30 Sep 14, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>1Peter 4:17)
Jehovah tells us that before the coming of his great day, his day of fury at Armageddon, he will carefully examine his people and expose those who are content with the way things are. Through his prophet Zephaniah he foretold, "At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps. I will punish those who are so contented. They are like wine that has not been shaken up. They think,'The Lord won't do anything. It doesn't matter whether it's good or bad.' Their wealth will be stolen. Their houses will be destroyed. They will build houses. But they will not live in them. They will plant vineyards. But they will not drink the wine they produce." —Zephaniah 1:12-13; (New International Reader's Version)
For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God. NWT
Yes it will be stolen. It will be measured and they will be found unworthy.

5 "They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and they became food for every beast of the field and were scattered."

6 "My flock wandered through all the mountains and on every high hill; My flock was scattered over all the surface of the earth, and there was no one to search or seek for them.""

7 "Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:...."

8 "As I live," declares the Lord GOD,“surely because My flock has become a prey, My flock has even become food for all the beasts of the field for lack of a shepherd, and My shepherds did not search for My flock, but rather the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock;...."

9 "...therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:..."

10 "Thus says the Lord GOD,“Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will demand My sheep from them and make them cease from feeding sheep. So the shepherds will not feed themselves anymore, but I will deliver My flock from their mouth, so that they will not be food for them.""

Ezekiel 34:5-10
jace

Clinton, MD

#31 Sep 14, 2012
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't the elders "disassociate" non-baptized person if they violate one of their policies?
no they don not refer to it as "disassociate" instead the following is done before the congo concerning this person
a lot of jw kids fell under this new rule since the old rule they would have been charged under had changed as of this wt article

when we went to elders school the instructors went into more detail, bottomline the society was concerned about legal liablity, slander, etc

many elders were THREATEN BY THE NONJW-
basically the nonjw told the elders

"go ahead and read my name off in a public setting, my lawyer will be sitting on the front row"

since the meeting is a public setting as we were told, laws vary greatly around the world, country to country

when many jw post on this forum they fail to grasp that the wt faces liablity in over 200 countries, so where you might be able to get way saying:

"Leroy was involved in conduct unbecoming a christian"

in other places---- you could face a lawsuit or an "Arse Whipping" after the meeting in the parking lot lol
jace

Clinton, MD

#32 Sep 14, 2012
November 15, 1988 Watchtower
Pages 18-19
Paragraphs 17-19

If two elders offering help determine that an unbaptized wrongdoer is unrepentant and unqualified to be a publisher, they will inform the individual.

....it is appropriate for the Congregation Service Committee to have a simple announcement made at an appropriate time, saying:

“... is no longer a publisher of the good news.”

Lynchburg, VA

#33 Sep 15, 2012
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
no they don not refer to it as "disassociate" instead the following is done before the congo concerning this person
a lot of jw kids fell under this new rule since the old rule they would have been charged under had changed as of this wt article
when we went to elders school the instructors went into more detail, bottomline the society was concerned about legal liablity, slander, etc
many elders were THREATEN BY THE NONJW-
basically the nonjw told the elders
"go ahead and read my name off in a public setting, my lawyer will be sitting on the front row"
since the meeting is a public setting as we were told, laws vary greatly around the world, country to country
when many jw post on this forum they fail to grasp that the wt faces liablity in over 200 countries, so where you might be able to get way saying:
"Leroy was involved in conduct unbecoming a christian"
in other places---- you could face a lawsuit or an "Arse Whipping" after the meeting in the parking lot lol
I will be glad when this Temple is brought down. Then there will be no one to keep up with the documents of who is disfellowshipped and who isn't and we will all be equal and only God will judge us then.
True follower of Jesus

Tulsa, OK

#34 Sep 17, 2012
If a person is not obedient to the direction of Jesus, in the Scriptures right now... that person cannot imagine that he will obey Jesus or any Scriptural direction in the future.

We are being judged right now, this world is in it's last hour of it's last days.

There is only one people that claims to be Christian that is being used by Jesus to declare his heavenly Kingdom, his obedient followers. If you are not among that great crowd gathered out of every nation, tribe and tongue, you are outside.

Matthew 24:14
Jace

Danielson, CT

#35 Sep 17, 2012
UNchained wrote:
November 15, 1988 Watchtower
Pages 18-19

Paragraphs 17-19

* PARAGRAPH 18 FOOTNOTE:
Previously, unbaptized ones who unrepentantly sinned were completely avoided. While, as adjusted above, this is not required, the counsel at 1 Corinthians 15:33 should still be observed.
Thx for the footnote I could not bring it up in my archives and I didn't have access to the cd

Thz
joe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36 Sep 17, 2012
True follower of Jesus wrote:
If a person is not obedient to the direction of Jesus, in the Scriptures right now... that person cannot imagine that he will obey Jesus or any Scriptural direction in the future.
We are being judged right now, this world is in it's last hour of it's last days.
There is only one people that claims to be Christian that is being used by Jesus to declare his heavenly Kingdom, his obedient followers. If you are not among that great crowd gathered out of every nation, tribe and tongue, you are outside.
Where in any bible can I find the Quote (HEAVELNLY KINGDOM ) that you re preaching?

----------

The following foot note is not necessary related to topic in discussion.

Type in Google (WATER BUBBLE IN SPACE) you will see wonders how it is possible that the earth to be in the midst of water and out of water or the earth had a heavenly condition 2 Peter 3:5. Psalm 104: 5,6 You also, can consider that the earth atmosphere is a large BUBBLE, IN THE CENTER OF THE BUBBLE ,IS THE PLANET EARTH, type in Google (WATER BUBBLE IN SPACE) and see wonders.

Announcing the good news of God kingdom the territory part of God’s Kingdom, a new heaven, and a new earth”, the only place where God promise, all faithful mankind, where righteousness is to dwell, and in relation to this earth creation. 2 Peter 3:13.. Rev.21:1-4 Matt: 6:10(This old earth will be no more, Isaiah. See LINK www.jehovahtruekingdom.org
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#37 Sep 17, 2012
Go tell your elders that you talk with Jesus, Mr.="True follower of Jesus" and see how long they let you spread the Watchtower's false gospel.

Lynchburg, VA

#38 Sep 20, 2012
Who is saying we are outside the great crowd? Certainly man can not say who is in and who is out. God can only do that silly wabbit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gareth claims to have read the Bible 6 times wi... 3 min Arkham Bravo 38
Why Are JW's So Unhappy? 9 min DR SOS 139
WT Attempts to Justify Disfellowshipping 11 min RedhorseWoman 17
Jehovah's Witnesses are the most loving people ... 16 min RedhorseWoman 167
Who Are The Two Witnesses? 19 min wilg 12
Location of Eden/Tree of Life 20 min wilg 3
No Marriage for all the Ressurected? (Apr '13) 28 min Maravilla 35
Jehovah's APOSTATE Witnesses 31 min RedhorseWoman 41
What is Armageddon.. an actual future event? 1 hr pcloadletter 358
Christian Trucker and OSAS Doctrine 4 hr ihveit 445