Watchtower Issues Denial in Sex Abuse...

Watchtower Issues Denial in Sex Abuse Case

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Claude Kenneson

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Jun 21, 2012
"J.R. Brown, a spokesman at the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses commented:'The fact that Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect such children from such acts is well known. The individual members of any organization bear the responsibility to their own actions, particularly when the acts are flagrantly against the morals and principles of the organization and society.' "

http://www.jw-media.org

Now, how does that not apply to every other religious group out there that has had to cope with sex abuse in their own organizatiions?
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#2 Jun 21, 2012
the strive to protect children?? my church was held responsible for the actions. this org should also be held responsible and hopefully many more will now come forward.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#3 Jun 21, 2012
wow the org is not responsible for the harm of this young lady but yet they blast other religions and say they are to blame... wow,.what hypocrites.
Frankie Fart

Monticello, NY

#4 Jun 21, 2012
Watchtower does not need to worry. Rank and file JWs will pay for this.One word Tithing
Claude Kenneson

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Jun 21, 2012
I can remember how proud Jw's were to point out that they have no clergy/laity class and that every Jehovah's Witness is a minister. Now it seems that they do have just rank and file members, after all!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#6 Jun 21, 2012
Claude Kenneson wrote:
I can remember how proud Jw's were to point out that they have no clergy/laity class and that every Jehovah's Witness is a minister. Now it seems that they do have just rank and file members, after all!!!!!!!
Every JW is a minister. There is no clergy/laity distinction. Some brothers have more responsiblity than others, that's it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 Jun 21, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Every JW is a minister. There is no clergy/laity distinction. Some brothers have more responsiblity than others, that's it.
1Cor4:8
8 So, are you already satisfied? Are you already rich? Have you started ruling without us? Why, I wish that you had started ruling, so we could also be ruling along with you! 9 For, I think that God has put us (the Apostles) last on the show as men who are condemned to death… we've become a theatrical spectacle in this world to both men and angels! 10 And while we are fools because of the Anointed One, you are wise in the Anointed One… we're weak, but you're strong… we're dishonorable, but you're the glorious ones.

11 Why, down to this hour we've been hungry, thirsty, almost naked, beaten up, homeless, 12 and we've had to work for a living. Yet, when we're being shouted at, we praise; When we're being persecuted, we bear it; 13 When we're being slandered, we encourage. And until now, we've been considered the world's refuse and scum.

JW have a self apoinited GB its not scriptual. Christ said.....

Matt:23:10. Nor should you be called leaders, for you have but one Leader, the Anointed One. 11 However, the greatest among you must be your servant… 12 whoever promotes himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself will be promoted.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 21, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>1Cor4:8
8 So, are you already satisfied? Are you already rich? Have you started ruling without us? Why, I wish that you had started ruling, so we could also be ruling along with you! 9 For, I think that God has put us (the Apostles) last on the show as men who are condemned to death… we've become a theatrical spectacle in this world to both men and angels! 10 And while we are fools because of the Anointed One, you are wise in the Anointed One… we're weak, but you're strong… we're dishonorable, but you're the glorious ones.
11 Why, down to this hour we've been hungry, thirsty, almost naked, beaten up, homeless, 12 and we've had to work for a living. Yet, when we're being shouted at, we praise; When we're being persecuted, we bear it; 13 When we're being slandered, we encourage. And until now, we've been considered the world's refuse and scum.
JW have a self apoinited GB its not scriptual. Christ said.....
Matt:23:10. Nor should you be called leaders, for you have but one Leader, the Anointed One. 11 However, the greatest among you must be your servant… 12 whoever promotes himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself will be promoted.
It is your opinion they are self-appointed. It is my opinion that they are not. God will reveal all things. Until then worship God.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 21, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your opinion they are self-appointed. It is my opinion that they are not. God will reveal all things. Until then worship God.
God seems to have revealed their policies relating to child abuse as not being up to the standard necessary to actually protect children. You people seem too foolish. If Jehovah were really running your organization by spirit, this issue would have been dealt with through Jehovah's wisdom, not public shame, and humiliation. Now we see the weeping and gnashing of teeth. I think it's beautiful.

Now will come the threats of legal retribution. That is exactly how Jehovah does things. NOT! He has finally answered the prayers of those little ones worshiping Him. I doubt that it will stop with this one case. The WTBTS has dodged this issue far too long. If they would have relied on Jehovah, like they claim, it would have been a non issue, in the end. Now, at the very least, this is the situation the WTBTS faces..........

(Hebrews 12:5, 6). . .:“My son, do not belittle [the] discipline from Jehovah, neither give out when you are corrected by him; 6 for whom Jehovah loves he disciplines; in fact, he scourges every one whom he receives as a son.”

that is if they were actually worshiping Him to begin with. If not, they are part of this world, and will recieve the justice of this world.

sidgi

Location hidden

#10 Jun 21, 2012
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
God seems to have revealed their policies relating to child abuse as not being up to the standard necessary to actually protect children. You people seem too foolish. If Jehovah were really running your organization by spirit, this issue would have been dealt with through Jehovah's wisdom, not public shame, and humiliation. Now we see the weeping and gnashing of teeth. I think it's beautiful.
Now will come the threats of legal retribution. That is exactly how Jehovah does things. NOT! He has finally answered the prayers of those little ones worshiping Him. I doubt that it will stop with this one case. The WTBTS has dodged this issue far too long. If they would have relied on Jehovah, like they claim, it would have been a non issue, in the end. Now, at the very least, this is the situation the WTBTS faces..........
(Hebrews 12:5, 6). . .:“My son, do not belittle [the] discipline from Jehovah, neither give out when you are corrected by him; 6 for whom Jehovah loves he disciplines; in fact, he scourges every one whom he receives as a son.”
that is if they were actually worshiping Him to begin with. If not, they are part of this world, and will recieve the justice of this world.
sidgi
More opinions, nothing solid.
UNchained

Sevierville, TN

#11 Jun 21, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit whining and pay your share of the judgement.

It's only $3 apiece for you and your other 7 million spiritually bankrupt JW brothers and sisters.

Maybe next time jevoodoo's "clean" organisation will receive a

$200 million judgement against them from the courts, will file

bankruptcy and stop producing all those apostate books and

magazines.

Thankyou Lord Jesus for exposing this destructive cult through the

secular authorities!!!

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 21, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
More opinions, nothing solid.
Oh, ok. We'll move along then.

Your debating skills are rapier sharp there.

Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, the hypocrisy and cold, black heart of the WTB&TS have been laid bare for the whole world to see. THIS will cause changes from within or will damn this organization to the scrap heap that often happens with the mountains of literature they produce.

OK, now I'm ready for duh-boy to call me names.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 21, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok. We'll move along then.
Your debating skills are rapier sharp there.
Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, the hypocrisy and cold, black heart of the WTB&TS have been laid bare for the whole world to see. THIS will cause changes from within or will damn this organization to the scrap heap that often happens with the mountains of literature they produce.
OK, now I'm ready for duh-boy to call me names.
What a cold black heart... trying to follow bible principals.... they're insane.

Nothing to see here folks.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 21, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is the GB opinion, they do not recognise any other anointed, they do not know them they do not get any imput from them.

The GB say the FDS has been apointed over all of Christ belongings, but you know that only refers to the GB, the rest of Christ brothers have no say in anything, have no apointment over any of Christ belongings do they.

1Cor 4:88 So, are you already satisfied? Are you already rich? Have you started ruling without us? Why, I wish that you had started ruling, so we could also be ruling along with you! 9 For, I think that God has put us (the Apostles) last on the show as men who are condemned to death… we've become a theatrical spectacle in this world to both men and angels! 10 And while we are fools because of the Anointed One, you are wise in the Anointed One… we're weak, but you're strong… we're dishonorable, but you're the glorious ones.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 21, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>No it is the GB opinion, they do not recognise any other anointed, they do not know them they do not get any imput from them.
The GB say the FDS has been apointed over all of Christ belongings, but you know that only refers to the GB, the rest of Christ brothers have no say in anything, have no apointment over any of Christ belongings do they.
1Cor 4:88 So, are you already satisfied? Are you already rich? Have you started ruling without us? Why, I wish that you had started ruling, so we could also be ruling along with you! 9 For, I think that God has put us (the Apostles) last on the show as men who are condemned to death… we've become a theatrical spectacle in this world to both men and angels! 10 And while we are fools because of the Anointed One, you are wise in the Anointed One… we're weak, but you're strong… we're dishonorable, but you're the glorious ones.
The GB represent the FDS. It is clear that there would be men in the congregation that would not be our leaders, but rather take the lead amongst Jesus congregation in similar fashion of the apostles and other older men recorded in the bible. I believe I have found those men today, you think otherwise.

Location hidden

#16 Jun 21, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>No it is the GB opinion, they do not recognise any other anointed, they do not know them they do not get any imput from them.
Acts Ch. 15, how many of the anointed had a say in what went down? Can you see it!? Only a few. All were anointed back then, but the entire FDS did not make the final decision, only a select few that represented the rest made decisions. It should be no different today.

Location hidden

#17 Jun 21, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
The GB represent the FDS. It is clear that there would be men in the congregation that would not be our leaders, but rather take the lead amongst Jesus congregation in similar fashion of the apostles and other older men recorded in the bible. I believe I have found those men today, you think otherwise.
show scriptures where a GB represented a FDS, you can't.

When Christ adressed the 7 congregations Rev gave no recognition of a GB/FDS.
"Faithful and Discreet"
or "good-for-nothing" slaves?
The foremost shepherd of God's sheep is Jesus Christ.(John 10:11) But Jesus said that there would also be others, slaves of his, who would be appointed to feed and care for the sheep. The faithful slaves would be rewarded with greater responsibility, while any wicked or evil slave who abused his position would be dismissed and punished. That is why Jesus asked the rhetorical question: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?" (Matt. 24:45)

The Governing Body members enjoin that Jesus was referring to them. Thus, they love to refer to themselves as "the Faithful and Discreet Slave," having adopted this as their title of distinction. They claim to have already been rewarded by their master and entrusted with all his belongings.

But Jesus put any presumed importance of his "faithful and discreet slave" into proper perspective when he said: "[The master] will not feel gratitude to the slave because he did the things assigned, will he? So you, also, when you have done all the things assigned to you, say,'We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done." &#8213;Luke 17:7-10, NWT perimeno

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#19 Jun 21, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>The GB represent the FDS. It is clear that there would be men in the congregation that would not be our leaders, but rather take the lead amongst Jesus congregation in similar fashion of the apostles and other older men recorded in the bible. I believe I have found those men today, you think otherwise.
Could you please prove from the bible that the GB of JW represent the FDS?
Not interpretation , but actual scriptures that say that.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#20 Jun 21, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>show scriptures where a GB represented a FDS, you can't.

When Christ adressed the 7 congregations Rev gave no recognition of a GB/FDS.
"Faithful and Discreet"
or "good-for-nothing" slaves?
The foremost shepherd of God's sheep is Jesus Christ.(John 10:11) But Jesus said that there would also be others, slaves of his, who would be appointed to feed and care for the sheep. The faithful slaves would be rewarded with greater responsibility, while any wicked or evil slave who abused his position would be dismissed and punished. That is why Jesus asked the rhetorical question: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?" (Matt. 24:45)

The Governing Body members enjoin that Jesus was referring to them. Thus, they love to refer to themselves as "the Faithful and Discreet Slave," having adopted this as their title of distinction. They claim to have already been rewarded by their master and entrusted with all his belongings.

But Jesus put any presumed importance of his "faithful and discreet slave" into proper perspective when he said: "[The master] will not feel gratitude to the slave because he did the things assigned, will he? So you, also, when you have done all the things assigned to you, say,'We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done." &#8213;Luke 17:7-10, NWT perimeno
No he can't because it is no more than a belief based on opinion, and they will damn anyone who has a different belief, because they are so haughty that they cannot see their own faulty reasoning.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#21 Jun 21, 2012
Claude Kenneson wrote:
They tend to go with whatever happens to be in the best interests of the corporation at the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any "anointed" JWs here? 9 min Jake999 16
Testing The Spirit 13 min imagoodboy 1
DO the Meek inherit the Earth? (Nov '15) 15 min ihveit 1,472
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 18 min ihveit 2,401
Clinton Cash Documentary 1 hr Jake999 5
crisis of conscience copy rights 2 hr Tony Price 77 105
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 2 hr Tony Price 77 2,092
When you really look at what they believe you c... 6 hr Zildjian 161
More from around the web