#819 Aug 13, 2012
should be "We are NOT trying to "prove" anying"

“"Leave the dead horses alone"”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#820 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
What IS the "definite difference," Gareth? Please...explain that "difference" to us.
<quoted text>
You still don't get it, do you? Nobody is critical of HER. What we find objectionable is the manner in which a celebrity can do whatever they want and JWs everywhere will turn themselves inside out defending those actions, while a non-celebrity would be severely reprimanded and labeled as a bad association if they did even half of what she has done.
JWs are hypocrites, and you prove that with every post.
<quoted text>
Rules that we make up? Really? Nude photo sessions are acceptable JW behavior? See-through dresses are acceptable JW behavior? Drunken worldly parties are acceptable JW behavior? Really?
We've never said that she has never been spoken to about her behavior. YOU, on the other hand, HAVE stated it as a fact that she has not only been "counseled" about her behavior, but "restrained" in some manner.
What WE have said is that SHE has declared that she goes out in service whenever she gets the chance and we KNOW that in order to do that she needs to be approved as an unbaptized publisher.
Has she been counseled? Maybe, but she's STILL in an approved status.
Can you prove anything YOU have claimed about how she has been "counseled" and "restrained"?
Again this is all nonsense. Serena has been talked about with my fellow brothers and sisters who have been appalled to have Jehovah's name associated with somebody who does topless model shoots, gets drunk at parties and gets up to all other sorts of nonsense.

Serena has not been a practicing Jehovah's Witness for much of her life. This can be confirmed by her statement that she is studying TO BE a Jehovah's Witness. She has not been a congregation publisher for most of her life either and you cannot confirm that she is not counseled for anything that she does while coming to the kingdom hall recently.

You cannot prove much except that she has previously got up to lots of dubious and un-christian, un-Jehovah's Witness style behavior previously. Nobody knows what position she has had in her congregation if any position over the past 10 years.

She has to all of our best knowledge been an un-baptized non-publisher for virtually all of that time until her statements recently. She has carried the name of Jehovah around with her but not actually been a witness. Which has actually annoyed not just me but many faithful brothers and sisters.

Hopefully she will become baptized and serve Jehovah to the best of her ability seeing as we are not privy to her life and her relationship with her elders everything is based on conjecture.

Nobody can prove anything in this thread. It would be good to have Serena as a faithful sister and i look forward to that news one day hopefully being confirmed.

NMB

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#821 Aug 13, 2012
PaulWroteToMe wrote:
http://www.thenewsvault.com/cg i/img.pl?h=10&t=1&f=se rena_williams7
Oh, but wait, she's not baptized.
She needs a flag whose material wants to fly to her of whatever dumb thing she said.
Look, I have no problem with Serena. I have no problem with her playing tennis, posing is bikinis, wearing weird weaves on her head, carrying a flag or even being photo'd wearing a flag.
What I have a problem with:
She claims to be a Jehovah's Witness or studying to be a Jehovah's Witness. Either way, when people think of her and religion, are they going to think Catholic? Mormon? No, they are going to think Jehovah's Witness. YOU, since you represent this sect, should be outraged. You wanna lecture me about my hypothetical example of sharing things with my best friend about mine and my husband's sex life because, even if I wasn't doing anything wrong, I might "stumble" someone....and that's baaaaad because THEIR opinion is more important than me breaking any Biblical laws. But Serena can pose nude on the cover of a major magazine, she can wear "reveal it all" clothing, she can "show respect" to the flag and you defend her. Yet, little children...innocent little children who have no choice must be ostracized many times every year in front of a school full of other children because they cannot salute the flag Serena proudly wears over a presumably NUDE body. Hey, those kids aren't baptized EITHER.
There is something SERIOUSLY wrong.
Do you think Serena might be stumbling people?
Corinthian
She can claim anything but even a young child can see the difference between what she says and what her actions show.

I don't see her as one of Jehovah's Witnesses even if she has been raised by parents who are Jehovah's Witnesses.

If being raised by parents who are Witnesses was all that was required Amom/hMMM would also be one of Jehovah's Witnesses as would several others who post here.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#822 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You accuse everyone else of "making stuff up" and squirm and wriggle trying to explain away not only the multiple "sins" she has committed as well as her claims of going out in field service as an approved unbaptized publisher while huffing and puffing and declaring that she was most certainly "counseled" and "restrained" multiple times and only became re-approved for field service in between her nude photo sessions (multiple,) flag wearing, waving sessions (multiple,) drunken worldly partying sessions (multiple,) see-through-dress wearing sessions showing her in her full feminine glory and participating in a nationalistic event during which she danced a "gangsta" dance and proudly represented her NATION.
Amazing that she was able to fit in field service as an "approved unbaptized publisher" in between all of those multiple sessions of "counsel" and "restraint."
How long did the "restraint" last, Gareth? One or two hours?
Keep squirming, twisting, and making stuff up. You are good at it.
You could just admit that you have no idea if she was counseled or not.

You have half a dozen incidents over a 20 year period and here you are compressing them into what sounds like only a weekend in order to try to justify your nonsense.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#823 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
should be "We are NOT trying to "prove" anying"
That's good because you aren't.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>Care to provide proof? All we can see so far is what she has said that she does and believes (are you saying she's lying?) and what she does.

You are trying to make things look better for the JWs, but can you prove what you claim?
Gods Kingdom Rules last comment says my reply best

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#825 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
SHE has said that she goes out in service whenever she can. Are you saying that SHE is lying?
How many times did she say that?

When did she say it?

What specific incidents of bad behavior does that effect?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#826 Aug 13, 2012
Gods Kingdom Rules wrote:
<quoted text>Again this is all nonsense. Serena has been talked about with my fellow brothers and sisters who have been appalled to have Jehovah's name associated with somebody who does topless model shoots, gets drunk at parties and gets up to all other sorts of nonsense.

Serena has not been a practicing Jehovah's Witness for much of her life. This can be confirmed by her statement that she is studying TO BE a Jehovah's Witness. She has not been a congregation publisher for most of her life either and you cannot confirm that she is not counseled for anything that she does while coming to the kingdom hall recently.

You cannot prove much except that she has previously got up to lots of dubious and un-christian, un-Jehovah's Witness style behavior previously. Nobody knows what position she has had in her congregation if any position over the past 10 years.

She has to all of our best knowledge been an un-baptized non-publisher for virtually all of that time until her statements recently. She has carried the name of Jehovah around with her but not actually been a witness. Which has actually annoyed not just me but many faithful brothers and sisters.

Hopefully she will become baptized and serve Jehovah to the best of her ability seeing as we are not privy to her life and her relationship with her elders everything is based on conjecture.

Nobody can prove anything in this thread. It would be good to have Serena as a faithful sister and i look forward to that news one day hopefully being confirmed.
yes, it has annoyed me quite a bit. I was actually talking about this with some of my brothers and sisters yesterday over dinner

Since: Feb 07

RI

#827 Aug 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You could just admit that you have no idea if she was counseled or not.
You have half a dozen incidents over a 20 year period and here you are compressing them into what sounds like only a weekend in order to try to justify your nonsense.
And you could admit the same. You are the one who has explicitly stated that she has been counseled and restrained. I have doubts that that has occurred.

Half a dozen? Really? Just half a dozen? LOL Either you are really steeped in lies or you are extremely naive.

RI

#828 Aug 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times did she say that?
When did she say it?
What specific incidents of bad behavior does that effect?
How many times was she counseled?

Who counseled her?

How many times was she "restrained"?

What were the restrictions placed on her?

For which specific incidents of bad behavior was she counseled and restrained and how long were those restrictions in place?

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#829 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
You have no evidence that she has been treated like everyone else.
This is the bottom line. These people can make any false claim they want and the false claim has to be accepted as truth as long as the false claim can not be disproved.

Once again, if you make a claim about someone, it is for YOU to prove your claim, not for others to disprove it.

Here look...

"Redhorsewoman is a stripper."

Can you prove that I am lying?

Until you prove I am lying I shall continue to tell everyone that Redhorsewoman is a stripper.

That's fair isn't it?

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#830 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
We are trying to "prove" anything that hasn't been shown publicly in all sorts of media and in her own quotes as to what she does with regard to the JWs.
What you are trying to do is transfer the bad behavior of Serena Williams onto loyal Jehovah's Witnesses. You are doing this by making the totally unproved statement that loyal Witnesses are giving her preferential treatment.

So her behavior is not the issue. You need to show that she has never been spoken to about her behavior WHILE she was studying to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This is what you have not and can not do.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#831 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times was she counseled?
Who counseled her?
How many times was she "restrained"?
What were the restrictions placed on her?
For which specific incidents of bad behavior was she counseled and restrained and how long were those restrictions in place?
Exactly, you have no answers to these questions so stop pretending that you do.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#832 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
You are the one who has explicitly stated that she has been counseled and restrained.
No I have not.

I simply pointed out that you have no idea if she was counseled or not so you should stop saying that she was not.

RI

#833 Aug 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the bottom line. These people can make any false claim they want and the false claim has to be accepted as truth as long as the false claim can not be disproved.
Once again, if you make a claim about someone, it is for YOU to prove your claim, not for others to disprove it.
Here look...
"Redhorsewoman is a stripper."
Can you prove that I am lying?
Until you prove I am lying I shall continue to tell everyone that Redhorsewoman is a stripper.
That's fair isn't it?
Well, Gareth, must I remind you that YOU are the one making the claims? You have proved nothing. All you have done is squirm and wriggle and put the onus on somebody else while you continue to state your opinions as facts.

Well, let's REALLY be fair, okay? You tell everybody that I am a stripper, and I'll tell everybody that you are a druggie and a pimp.

Can YOU prove that what I know about you is merely a lie?

You go ahead and tell them I'm a stripper and I'll continue to tell them that you are a druggie and a pimp. The difference is that many here know me and know you are lying. You, on the other hand...well...it's easy to see that what I say is true. After all, many of your posts are quite bizarre, which supports the druggie aspect, and pimps are available for posting during the day. Therefore, you are what I say you are.

RI

#834 Aug 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have not.
I simply pointed out that you have no idea if she was counseled or not so you should stop saying that she was not.
LOL You have stated quite plainly that she was counseled and restrained.

I have said that I doubt it.
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#835 Aug 13, 2012
Gods Kingdom Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice you left this bit out:-
"It was just me. I love to dance," Williams told reporters who inquired about her Crip Walk. "I didn't know what else to do. I was so happy, and next thing I know I started dancing and moving. I didn't plan it. It just happened."
When one naive reporter asked what the name of the dance could be -- "The Wimbledon?" or "The Serena?" -- Williams said, "Actually, there is a name. But I don't know if I -- it's inappropriate. It's just a dance we do in California."
- Sounds like she doesn't know if it was inappropriate and the reporter didn't either. Nobody in the UK would know either. That dance might mean something to gangs in the 70s but means absolutely nothing to the majority of people.
I have friends who are breakdancers and they do something similar to that but they add backflips and spin on their heads which is much more impressive. In fact i have probably done a funny dance like that before and knew nothing about it.
From what i have seen she actually did a terrible rendition of it compared to the other ones on the internet. Some people are righteous overmuch about this sort of thing.
Ecclesiastes 7:16:“Do not become righteous overmuch, nor show yourself excessively wise. Why should you cause desolation to yourself?”
It more resembles a rubbish clown walk that has no gang signs and doesn't spell anything with either the feet of the hands. People are just hating on Serena because she is successful.
Snoop Dog liked her C Walk...

http://www.vibe.com/article/snoop-dogg-praise...

Do you really believe that Serena DID NOT KNOW the C Walk is associated with the Crips?...

Yetunde Hawanya Tara Price (August 9, 1972 – September 14, 2003) was the elder half-sister and personal assistant to leading tennis players Venus and Serena Williams. At the time of her death, she was 31 years old, the eldest of Oracene Price's five daughters, mother of three children, a registered nurse and owner of a beauty salon. Price came into the public eye when she was the victim of murder by shooting on September 14, 2003, in Compton, in Los Angeles County, California, known for its history of gang violence. She was shot in the head while riding in an SUV driven by her boyfriend (whom police reported was the intended victim) and died at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.

Compton rapper Game's song "Dreams" is dedicated to her memory, as it states at the end of the track.

Southside Crips gang member Robert Edward Maxfield, 25, pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter on March 22, 2006, the day before his third trial for the killing was scheduled to start. The first two trials ended in a mistrial after jurors were unable to reach a verdict. Prosecutors alleged during trial that Maxfield, surrounded by fellow gang members at a crack house, seized a firearm and took aim at the SUV when it approached. On April 6, 2006, Judge Steven Suzukawa sentenced Maxfield to 15 years in prison.

If you do believe it, I have some miracle wheat just for you.

RI

#836 Aug 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are trying to do is transfer the bad behavior of Serena Williams onto loyal Jehovah's Witnesses. You are doing this by making the totally unproved statement that loyal Witnesses are giving her preferential treatment.
So her behavior is not the issue. You need to show that she has never been spoken to about her behavior WHILE she was studying to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
This is what you have not and can not do.
You are funny. You and the other JWs have been here huffing and puffing and making excuses for everything she has done and you have the temerity to claim that *I* have been making "unproved" statements about JWs?

ROFL Look at your own posts, Gareth, where you make excuses for everything she has done. Look at the posts of other JW supporters where they do the same.

Why do *I* have to show that she has never been spoken to about her behavior? You know quite well that it is impossible to prove a negative. You, on the other hand, have stated that she HAS been spoken to. Can you prove it?

She SAYS that she goes out in service. Fact. In order to go out in service, a person needs to be approved as an unbaptized publisher. Fact.

If she is telling the truth, then she is approved as an unbaptized publisher. Fact.

Now prove that she has been counseled, and, more importantly, that she is currently dealing with "restraints" due to her latest conduct, or even for her latest nude photo shoots, or her see-through attire.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#837 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
LOL You have stated quite plainly that she was counseled and restrained.
Where did I say this?
RedhorseWoman wrote:
I have said that I doubt it.
You have stated that she was not and you expressed no doubt.

But it is good that you finally admit that you are only expressing your personal DOUBTS.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#838 Aug 13, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny. You and the other JWs have been here huffing and puffing and making excuses for everything she has done and you have the temerity to claim that *I* have been making "unproved" statements about JWs?
No one has tried to excuse her bad behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unchained's stunning admission!! 2 min lol 39
The Blood Thing Made Simple 5 min SOS 1,019
How to distinguish between a religion & a cult: 5 min RedhorseWoman 42
What other religions are preaching the good new... 10 min jace 41
The Jehovah's Witness Cult - MONEY is its god 11 min Gaia 265
Listening to the G.B as if the voice of God 13 min SOS 36
Please remember Jehovah's Witnesses are victims 43 min Maravilla 252
Should elders always report molesters to the law? 46 min RedhorseWoman 78
More from around the web