Serena Williams proving Jehovah's Wit...
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#643 Aug 10, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal people do allow others to do as they wish. However, any regular JW unbaptized publisher would be chastized for doing less than half of what these women do, and THAT is the issue. Money certainly does seem to talk loudly in the Jw organization.
And the children of the Jehovah's Witnesses cult don't have the cash to pay off the WBTS, so they have to suffer the abuses of its hypocritical policies.
The world is watching.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#644 Aug 10, 2012
I think it is very telling that a person who has never had to be humiliated by being FORCED to be disrespectful in front of all of your classmates, like Anerin/gareth, thinks he can spin control the hypocrisy of the WBTS and the Jehovah's Witness Williams sisters.
Only those of us who have grown up in the cult, and experienced the abuses it heaps upon children of Jehovah's witnesses can understand the outrage.
Anerin/gareth is clueless.
He speculates, and then can only excuse the hypocrisy with the word "study".
All Jehovah's witnesses "study".
Not like the rest of the world "studies" to "study" in JW speak, means to only read Watchtower propaganda.
So ALL Jehovah's witnesses are obligated to "study"
Gareth/anerin does not know this, because unlike I and most others who post here, Gareth/anerin by his own admission has never been a Jehovah's Witness.
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#645 Aug 10, 2012
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
The WBTS is obviously condoning this.
The Williams sisters are most probably baptized.
They have been raised since birth in the JW cult, and only describe themselves as Jehovah's witnesses, nothing else.
The "study" line, is just spin control, since the WBTS knows that many JWs will be pissed by these Jehovah's witnesses "sisters" in both forms, worship of the flag of the United States of America, while JW parents force their children not even to give basic respect to our great flag.
I agree... it is double talk that JW's are so good at. Don't all baptized jw's go to book studies?
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#646 Aug 10, 2012
hMMMMM wrote:
I think it is very telling that a person who has never had to be humiliated by being FORCED to be disrespectful in front of all of your classmates, like Anerin/gareth, thinks he can spin control the hypocrisy of the WBTS and the Jehovah's Witness Williams sisters.
Only those of us who have grown up in the cult, and experienced the abuses it heaps upon children of Jehovah's witnesses can understand the outrage.
Anerin/gareth is clueless.
He speculates, and then can only excuse the hypocrisy with the word "study".
All Jehovah's witnesses "study".
Not like the rest of the world "studies" to "study" in JW speak, means to only read Watchtower propaganda.
So ALL Jehovah's witnesses are obligated to "study"
Gareth/anerin does not know this, because unlike I and most others who post here, Gareth/anerin by his own admission has never been a Jehovah's Witness.
Sorry,I Just saw your post after I posted the same thought. we all know Gareth's tricky talk, he learned from the masters, the WTS/GB.
non-JW

Houston, TX

#647 Aug 10, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the society treat those who aren't baptized, yet, in similar situations?
First, an announcement is made from the platform in their kingdom hall...
"Serena Willimas in no longer an unbaptised publisher of the good news."
November 15, 1988 Watchtower
Pages 18-19
Paragraphs 16-19
*** Helping Others to Worship God ***
16 Occasionally, an unbaptized publisher who is a wrongdoer will not respond to loving assistance. Or an unbaptized publisher may determine that he does not want to continue progressing toward baptism, and he informs the elders that he does not want to be recognized as a publisher. What is to be done? Disfellowshipping action is not taken regarding such ones who actually have not become approved by God. The arrangement of disfellowshipping unrepentant wrongdoers applies to those ‘called brothers,’ to baptized ones.(1 Corinthians 5:11) Does this mean, though, that the wrongdoing is ignored? No.
17 The elders are responsible to ‘shepherd the flock of God in their care.’(1 Peter 5:2) If two elders offering help determine that an unbaptized wrongdoer is unrepentant and unqualified to be a publisher, they will inform the individual. Or if some unbaptized one tells the elders that he no longer wishes to be recognized as a publisher, they will accept his decision. In either case, it is appropriate for the Congregation Service Committee to have a simple announcement made at an appropriate time, saying “ . . . is no longer a publisher of the good news.”
18 How will Witnesses thereafter view the person? Well, at an earlier point he was an ‘unbeliever’ attending meetings. Then he both wanted to be and qualified to be a publisher of the good news. This is no longer the case, so he again is a person of the world. The Bible does not require that Witnesses avoid speaking with him, for he is not disfellowshipped. Still, Christians will exercise caution with regard to such a person of the world who is not worshiping Jehovah, even as Israelites did regarding uncircumcised alien settlers. This caution helps to protect the congregation from any “little leaven,” or corrupting element.(1 Corinthians 5:6) If at some later time he expresses a genuine desire for a Bible study to be held with him, and this seems in order to the elders, perhaps it will help him come to appreciate again what a privilege it is to worship Jehovah with His people.—Psalm 100.
19 If the elders see that a certain person of this sort is an unusual threat to the flock, they can privately warn those endangered. For example, the former publisher may be a youth who has given in to drunkenness or immorality. Despite the announcement that he is no longer an unbaptized publisher, he might attempt to socialize with youths in the congregation. In that situation, the elders would speak privately to the parents of the endangered ones, and maybe to those youths also.(Hebrews 12:15, 16; Acts 20:28-30) In the rare case of a person who is disruptive or violently dangerous, he can be told that he is not welcome at the meetings and that any attempt to enter will be considered trespassing.
~~~~~~~~~~
"Christians will exercise caution with regard to such a person of the world who is not worshiping Jehovah, even as Israelites did regarding uncircumcised alien settlers. This caution helps to protect the congregation from any “little leaven,” or corrupting element."
Next Sunday will the JW's in Serena Williams congregation exercise caution around her?
Thanks for this.
Interesting, but not surprising.

So these threats of ousting and shunning only apply to the poor and un-famous.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#648 Aug 10, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry,I Just saw your post after I posted the same thought. we all know Gareth's tricky talk, he learned from the masters, the WTS/GB.
The same tricky masters that having the Williams sisters now say they are "studying" to be Jehovah's witnesses.
They know they can use that lingo to appease other Jehovah's Witnesses and especially children who are screaming "foul".
They can be baptized and still say they are "studying', they fool nobody but those who want to be fooled, like anerin/gareth, nobody else.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#650 Aug 11, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
== Quote: Serena Williams ==
http://s2smagazine.com/stories/2012/03/serena...
"I’ve been studying TO BE a Jehovah’s Witness, so I go to Kingdom Hall," she told S2S Publisher Jamie Foster Brown. "I grew up a Witness and it’s what I know and we teach things that come from the Bible."
Read her comment Aneirin, and what she says buries your "Shes not baptized" words. She may not be baptized, but she certainly puts herself as one of JW's by the word "WE". What she does goes against JWs teachings, but she is never called down on it. Now please explain to us why she is never called down about it.
jackie

Southampton, PA

#651 Aug 11, 2012
unlisted wrote:
who="Pissed Off"]Are you shitting me? I gave a quarter of a century of my life to my country serving in the u.s. armed forces, defending the liberties we have fought and died for, just to see a douche bag like her being anti-American and anti-patriotic. I would rather our athletes never make the podium than to see our country and our flag disgraced by the likes of her. I'll remember this jw idiotic ideal the next time the bastards show up on my doorstep trying to convert me! I'll order them off my property, and if there is any hesitation, I will physically throw there asses out into the street
hey yes they do not salute the flag, they do not serve in the military they turn their backs. they also turn their backs on the body and blood of Jesus by turning their backs a the memorials they have.. in other words they do not accept communion.. but hey they do say in their books or rules.. that bestiality is not a cause for divorce. many people have no clue what this org is about .and they have a two witness rule.. if no two witnesses during a molestation --uh the female is ignored.
Selena has used nasty language. she had a american flag on her jacket. she also if we remember in the past had a picture taken of her wrapped in the american flag?? but the average hard working jw would have been punished. and if why is Mrs. Jackson permitted to do what she does as a jw there is a double standard.
"A douche bag like her"?

Wow unlisted, that was plain nasty!
Really a douche bag, what kind of talk is that for a woman?

You are mean and nasty, bye.
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#652 Aug 11, 2012
Wouldn't you expect a 30 yr old raised as a JW, with both parents JW's, be baptized by now?
jackie

Southampton, PA

#653 Aug 11, 2012
Sorry, I thought they were your words unlisted.

You need to be careful to break up your post.
Some of us reading your's get lost in there, because your words run together with the one you tag.
(reply to)

I went back to read it again, and found that they were pissed off's words, Sorry 'bout that.
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#654 Aug 11, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
Wouldn't you expect a 30 yr old raised as a JW, with both parents JW's, be baptized by now?
We all know she is.
When both your parents are JWs, you are baptized before you leave your teens.
She has been "counseled" by the WBTS to use language to appease the brainwashed.
Just proves that Jehovah's Witnesses have no actual convictions, morals or beliefs. They can all be bought.
Since Gareth/Anerin is not a Jw and never has been, he has no idea how ignorant he is ;-)
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#655 Aug 11, 2012
jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
"A douche bag like her"?
Wow unlisted, that was plain nasty!
Really a douche bag, what kind of talk is that for a woman?
You are mean and nasty, bye.
I am wondering if somebody else is posting as Unlisted.
Either that, or she is in some kind of crisis.
Her postings are taking a 180

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#656 Aug 11, 2012
The Real Karen wrote:
Read her comment Aneirin, and what she says buries your "Shes not baptized" words.
It proves that she is not baptized. That is all I was interested in proving. Who cared what she thinks of herself?
The Real Karen wrote:
She may not be baptized, but she certainly puts herself as one of JW's by the word "WE".
Finally someone admits that she is NOT baptized.
The Real Karen wrote:
What she does goes against JWs teachings, but she is never called down on it.
How do you know? Are you one of her elders? Are you a member of her congregation?
The Real Karen wrote:
Now please explain to us why she is never called down about it.
I don't know that she isn't and, unlike you people, I don't make stuff up about her life.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#657 Aug 11, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
Why? People make their own decisions. Stop being such a nosy gossiper and stop nagging about it already.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#658 Aug 11, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
It proves that she is not baptized. That is all I was interested in proving. Who cared what she thinks of herself?
<quoted text>
Finally someone admits that she is NOT baptized.
<quoted text>
How do you know? Are you one of her elders? Are you a member of her congregation?
<quoted text>
I don't know that she isn't and, unlike you people, I don't make stuff up about her life.
You are such a liar Aneirin. You have learned well from your leaders how to make lie look good.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#659 Aug 11, 2012
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar Aneirin. You have learned well from your leaders how to make lie look good.
Explain to us how you know that Serena Williams has never been called to account by her elders regarding her public behavior.

Well?
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#660 Aug 11, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? People make their own decisions. Stop being such a nosy gossiper and stop nagging about it already.
WRONG...children of JW parents do not make their own decisions if they want to remain a child of their parents and As far as I can see she has not been disowned by her parent nor even told that nude photo shoots will be tolerated or wrapping yourself in the flag as well.
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#661 Aug 11, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to us how you know that Serena Williams has never been called to account by her elders regarding her public behavior.
Well?
If see has then she has been disobedient to the WTS and her upbringing.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#662 Aug 11, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
See you do not know what you are talking about again.
Since you are NOT a Jehovah's Witness nor ever have been.
Your ignorance is showing.
Children of Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT given a choice to salute.
They MUST NOT salute otherwise they are threatened with severe emotional abuse.
These children are by far and large, NOT baptized.
At the tender age of 9 or so they can somehow MAKE a "decision" of their own accord to be baptized, but are not allowed to make a decision to attend a birthday party or salute the flag.
Gareth/anerin, you should really stop posting as some kind of nutty "expert" when you have never lived as a Jehovah's Witness child, or the life of a Jehovah's Witness adult either.

Those of us who have, like the rest of the world watching, see the truth.
The Jehovah's Witness cult and the wBTS have no morals or convictions that cannot be bought with the lure of the almighty dollar.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#663 Aug 11, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well?
yes that is a good question, why they allow her to go door to door while pledging alligence to the flag, can you answer that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where in the bible is smoking a ds offense? 1 min Jackie 143
So how do the Jehovah's feel about Trump 2 min marshll in WI 731
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 5 min wow 9,189
can i give a jehovah's witness a gift? (Jan '09) 5 min Matt9969 26
What do JW want? 6 min marshll in WI 335
News Jehovah's Witnesses 'demonstrated a serious fai... 14 min jace 106
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 28 min wow 25,130
Prime_LA 45 min Caciques a liar 239
Are Jehovah's witnesses Hated? 49 min Caciques a liar 318
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 9 hr rsss1 1,194