Serena Williams proving Jehovah's Wit...

Serena Williams proving Jehovah's Witnesses are hypocrites

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 99
Next Last
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#1 Aug 4, 2012
As I and every other child of the Jehovah's Witness cult, I was FORCED not to salute the flag. When I saluted anyway, I was tattled on by a fellow JW in my class (bad luck!), and dragged into a "counseling" session. There I was forced to sit alone with four grown men and told if I continued to defy the governing demons, my parents would no longer love me, and provide only food, shelther and clothing as required by law. The elders letting me know that if it was legal, my parents would be required to throw me in the streets. I was ten years old. For making a choice to salute my country's flag, as I always had before my parents converted to this lunatic cult.

Now here is Serena Williams.
She is a Jehovah's Witness. Even Florida Native who used to deny it, brags about her and her sister.
She is not playing independently as other athletes are.
She is not refusing to march under my country's flag.
No, she is proudly playing for her country, MY country, that I was forced to pretend that I did not respect and love, she plays for the USA and will stand for their flag when it is raised.

The WBTS gladly supports her actions as a Jehovah's Witness

Because, the WBTS gets nice kickbacks from the endorsements she gets, the money Serena earns playing for HER COUNTRY.
And Jehovah's Witness parents are so blindly brainwashed, they allow their children to be objects of ridicule.
How sad.
Another "witness to the world" of how evil the Jehovah's Witness cult is.
They have no morals or values that cannot be bought.
Because for the governing demons, its all about the Benjamins

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
john h

Cape Coral, FL

#2 Aug 4, 2012
Your exaggerating way too much. As a jw its nothing like that. And as for Serena she knows jw pledge to God alone not man or man's country. If she is saluting that's wrong and the congregation would have told her to pick a side.
Whatever

Fishers, IN

#3 Aug 4, 2012
john h wrote:
Your exaggerating way too much. As a jw its nothing like that. And as for Serena she knows jw pledge to God alone not man or man's country. If she is saluting that's wrong and the congregation would have told her to pick a side.
They won't, as long as they're getting kickbacks from them.
Karen

Hebburn, UK

#4 Aug 4, 2012
This is outrageous! I too had years of embarrassment, sitting through the national anthem at school whilst everyone else stood. It was humiliating but we did it because we were taught that it was the right thing to do for our Jehovah God. If Serena now stands whilst the flag is raised it makes a mockery of all that we were taught and respected.
Invincible Summer 45

Canterbury, UK

#5 Aug 4, 2012
Well, we'll wait and see what happens at the medal ceremony. My guess is she will stand for her country in front of her flag with her national anthem playing. She will indeed be a spectacle to the world and the hypocrisy will be undeniable.
munch

Birmingham, AL

#6 Aug 4, 2012
It's just a matter of control that the JW's use on their converts. I was raised a JW, so I know what I'm talking about. I also sat thru the ridicule and ostracism of being "different". So many things the JW's do are nothing more than exerting control, especially mind control, over the ranks so they will blindly follow their instructions even when they not only do not make sense, they fly in the face of reality. It doesn't take a deep study of this cult to see the inconsistencies and double standards. I don't understand why seemingly inteligent and educated people fall for their pie in the sky dogma.
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#7 Aug 4, 2012
john h wrote:
NO I am not.
I am pointing out a hypocrisy?
You made an accusation, now back it up!
Every JW kid is FORCED not to salute, yet Serena is playing for our country under our flag/
She did not have to, there were aesthetes who chose not to play under their country's flag, and play under a neutral Olympic flag.
Jehovah's Witnesses are hypocrites, and put most of their ridiculous rules on the children, because they don't bring in any money.
Serena gets tons of money playing for the USA which she would not get if she played neutrally.
JWS are NOT neutral they are greedy hypocrites.
UNchained

Sweetwater, TN

#8 Aug 4, 2012
john h wrote:
She and her sister get away with murder because the Governing Body looks the other way.

And sometimes they don't look the other way...

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/3053...

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploa...

“the truth will set you free...”

Since: Nov 10

Atlanta, GA

#9 Aug 4, 2012
hMMMMM wrote:
As I and every other child of the Jehovah's Witness cult, I was FORCED not to salute the flag. When I saluted anyway, I was tattled on by a fellow JW in my class (bad luck!), and dragged into a "counseling" session. There I was forced to sit alone with four grown men and told if I continued to defy the governing demons, my parents would no longer love me, and provide only food, shelther and clothing as required by law. The elders letting me know that if it was legal, my parents would be required to throw me in the streets. I was ten years old. For making a choice to salute my country's flag, as I always had before my parents converted to this lunatic cult.

Now here is Serena Williams.
She is a Jehovah's Witness. Even Florida Native who used to deny it, brags about her and her sister.
She is not playing independently as other athletes are.
She is not refusing to march under my country's flag.
No, she is proudly playing for her country, MY country, that I was forced to pretend that I did not respect and love, she plays for the USA and will stand for their flag when it is raised.

The WBTS gladly supports her actions as a Jehovah's Witness

Because, the WBTS gets nice kickbacks from the endorsements she gets, the money Serena earns playing for HER COUNTRY.
And Jehovah's Witness parents are so blindly brainwashed, they allow their children to be objects of ridicule.
How sad.
Another "witness to the world" of how evil the Jehovah's Witness cult is.
They have no morals or values that cannot be bought.
Because for the governing demons, its all about the Benjamins
What a crock of sh*t. I thought you left this forum. It's not possible to respond to your posts without using some profanity. Is there anything in your head other than a bunch of garbage?
MENAgirl

Cairo, Egypt

#10 Aug 4, 2012
She is doing what is right to her beliefs . The leadership, if they have different standards, are the hypocrites. I would say neither of the williams sisters seem to be cowed by WT standards-the only game they play is tennis. They believe and act on their consciences and their eldersand the org are the hypocrites if they respond to. them differently. I respect the. Williams. Beautiful, strong women!
UNchained

Sweetwater, TN

#11 Aug 4, 2012
11:45 EDST on ABC television.

The National Anthem is being played and serena Williams is standing with 2 other US athletes who just won the GOLD.

Serena has a US flag sewn on her right shoulder and is standining respectfully as she holds a bouquet of flowers and smiles at the crowd.

I am proud that she snubs her nose at the Governing Demons.
nerd_muene uafu mu nzumbi

Angola

#12 Aug 4, 2012
I don't live in the US, I live in Angola (a southern Portuguese-speaking country). I never knew that Serena Williams is a Jehovah witness. Is she really a baptized witness?
munch

Birmingham, AL

#13 Aug 4, 2012
She did not do anything that would be improper for a JW. We were taught to be respectful and that is what she was doing. She did not put her hand over her heart nor did she mouth the words. I see no reason for her actions on the Olympic medal stand to be judged adveresly by anyone in the "organization".
UNchained

Sweetwater, TN

#14 Aug 4, 2012
munch wrote:
She did not do anything that would be improper for a JW. We were taught to be respectful and that is what she was doing. She did not put her hand over her heart nor did she mouth the words. I see no reason for her actions on the Olympic medal stand to be judged adveresly by anyone in the "organization".
You're right.

She did exactly what the other 2 athletes did.
MENAgirl

Cairo, Egypt

#15 Aug 4, 2012
We were allowed to stand for the flag! True. I remember hot debates about the propriety of any flag like designs on clothes-something incidental on a tshirt, for ex. We were hypocrites because obviously we were Not worshipping our tshirts. Serious gnat straining is a JW hobby. We all should have taken up tennis and maybe would have better used our energy.
Pissed Off

Villas, NJ

#16 Aug 4, 2012
Are you shitting me? I gave a quarter of a century of my life to my country serving in the u.s. armed forces, defending the liberties we have fought and died for, just to see a douche bag like her being anti-American and anti-patriotic. I would rather our athletes never make the podium than to see our country and our flag disgraced by the likes of her. I'll remember this jw idiotic ideal the next time the bastards show up on my doorstep trying to convert me! I'll order them off my property, and if there is any hesitation, I will physically throw there asses out into the street!

Atlanta, GA

#17 Aug 4, 2012
This lady says nice things about Jehovah's Witnesses here;

http://m.global.christianpost.com/news/serena...

Serena Williams may have won Wimbledon for the fifth time on Saturday due to what some see as pure talent, but the 30-year-old tennis player admitted that her prayers and faith helped her win the oldest tennis tournament in the world.
Willams, a Jehovah's Witness, was in tears after winning Wimbledon on Saturday and recalled the health scare that she endured after her last win in the tournament in 2010.
"Oh my God, I can't describe it,"Williams told reporters after winning the tournament. "I almost didn't make it, with that time in hospital. But now I'm here again."
After her 2010 Wimbledon win, Williams was forced to undergo foot surgery when she cut both of her feet on glass while leaving a restaurant in Germany. However, two operations on her right foot also led to a discovery of blood clots in Williams' lungs, resulting in the tennis star being forced to inject herself with blood thinners.
Still, Williams endured more complications last year after she was forced to undergo an emergency procedure to treat a tumor-like collection of blood located outside of her blood vessels. After undergoing the emergency procedure to treat the hematoma in March 2011, the tennis star told her fans that she was praying for a return to the tennis court.

"I want to thank Jehovah for letting me get this far. I almost didn't make it a few years ago, but now I'm here again and it's so worth it," Williams said. "I'm so happy. I've dreamed of being here again. It shows if you never give up, you can achieve anything."
----------

What's the problem?

It's ironic that "Auroramom" (ghetto trash) has the audacity to compare herself to an olympic star.

If you want to make an apt comparison, I'd stick to the ghetto.

You have a long ways to go...
August 4th AGAIN

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Aug 4, 2012
Karen wrote:
This is outrageous! I too had years of embarrassment, sitting through the national anthem at school whilst everyone else stood. It was humiliating but we did it because we were taught that it was the right thing to do for our Jehovah God. If Serena now stands whilst the flag is raised it makes a mockery of all that we were taught and respected.
Just this morning, I was reading the "only" scripture that matters in the area of "taught and respected". It came from someone that was seen as wise...

http://bible.cc/ecclesiastes/12-13.htm

...and who summed it all up so eloquently.

We all grow older! Some (AHEM! C/O 7nt9) seem to get older right before our very eyes. We just smile and say "AGAIN!?".

But take it from someone that found out the hard way...

"God First...ALWAYS!" is not just a slogan. It's the ONLY way our existence has ANY meaning. And by meaning, I definitely mean FUN! The most fun ANYONE can EVER have is their gaining ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE of God's purpose for their life.

And after working out God's purpose, he promises to throw a "PIZZA!" party for the ages. Well, for some of us, it's about the "PIZZA!"! For others it might be something totally different. But no matter what you desire, he will open up his hand and satisfy EVERY DESIRE you have.

So don't worry about who needs to still learn a lesson.

WE ALL DO! Beginning with the reflection in the mirror, which is about the ONLY opinion we should have about ANY "WHO" on this earth.
MENAgirl

Cairo, Egypt

#19 Aug 4, 2012
WT I have no use for-serena williams may not salute the flag but she is an american and a fighter for America in her own way. She honored GOD, not her religion.

Atlanta, GA

#20 Aug 4, 2012
This person is a shallow JW if she is one, ascribing fame to Jehovah. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 99
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Jehovah's witnesses Hated? 3 min Jackie 246
News Report: Vornado among bidders in anticipated la... (Feb '16) 3 min _Susan_ 278
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 7 min roy 9,155
Prime_LA 11 min meshell in WI 139
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 29 min roy 1,118
What do JW want? 1 hr dee lightful 307
Where in the bible is smoking a ds offense? 1 hr Jackie 8
So how do the Jehovah's feel about Trump 8 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 689
Today...., (Feb '10) 12 hr Caciques a liar 3,161
More from around the web