Jan 1,2013 Watchtower TWISTED

Jan 1,2013 Watchtower TWISTED

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

“Delivering the Gospel”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 17, 2013
On page 8 the question was ask," Have jws given incorrect dates for the end?

It starts out saying that jws have had "wrong expectations" before and in the next sentence they compare themselves to the first century disciples who looked forward to the fulfillment of PROPHECY.

The reason they have to call their prophecies "wrong expectation" is because of what's written in God's word.

The bible invites such a test and has established the rules for testing a prophecy.

Deut.18:20-22
20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’

21 And if you say in your heart,‘How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?’—

22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

God will make sure that false prophets are exposed.

We all know that there is a difference between a false prophecy and a wrongful expectation,that's why they have to muddy the water

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#2 Feb 17, 2013
In the same section 4th paragraph it says "Jesus' command to give a thorough witness compels us to warn other ABOUT THE END,and uses Acts 10:42 to support their belief.

Well here's the problem here,in the CONTEXT they were being told to preach the Good News.But don't believe me start reading the context from Acts 10:34-42.

Especially verse 43
To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.

[That's the Good News in a nutshell]

Does anyone see anything about "warning others about the END" in those verses?

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#3 Feb 17, 2013
On page 15 4th par. the writers are comparing Cain's sacrifice to Abel's saying:

It was different with Cain.Jehovah did not look with any favor upon Cain and upon his offering.(Gen.4:5) It was not that Cain's offering was faulty in itself;God's law later allowed the offering of the produce of the ground.( Lev.6:14,15)

Here's the problem here.

Leviticus chapters 6 and 7 in it's context is giving the rules for the TRESPASS offering,the BURNT offering,the MEAL offering and the SIN offering.

Lev.6:14,15 that the writers quoted are rules for the MEAL offering ONLY.

The SIN offering starts in verses 24-30 which REQUIRES BLOOD.

That's why Cain's offering was rejected,rather than having the blood for his sin offering he offered HIS WORKS, the fruit of HIS labor,no blood.

Sound familiar?

Just like the jws today they bare depending on THEIR works for their salvation rather than the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

See how easy one can be deceived by TWISTING the word?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses have the best comeback for Deut 18. They simply say it does not apply to them because they don't utter prophecy....say the proclaimed prophets.

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#5 Feb 17, 2013
To our readers p.3 last paragraph says:

Its our hope that these adjustment will enable us to reach more people with the bible's lifeSAVING message.

My question here is if a jws does not know if they are saved,what can they tell me?

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Arkham Bravo wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses have the best comeback for Deut 18. They simply say it does not apply to them because they don't utter prophecy....say the proclaimed prophets.
Maybe they should read some of their older publication.

"God's faithful people on earth emphasized the importance of the dates 1914 and 1918 and 1925. They had much to say about these dates and what would come to pass, but all they PREDICTED did not come to pass." {Vindication,vol 1 p.146}

"There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918 and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time. Later the faithful learned that these dates were definitely fixed in the Scriptures; and they also learned to quit FIXING DATES for the future and PREDICTING what would come to pass on a CERTAIN DATE, but to rely (and they do rely) upon the Word of God as to the events that must come to pass." {Vindication vol. 1,p.338-9}

Wonder how many false prophecies does one have to have to become a false prophet?
Jace

Alexandria, VA

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Arkham Bravo wrote:
Bingo

It is a nest trick yet when other predict dates the wr says that those denomations are uttering prophecies

You got to love that Double standard
George

Victoria, Canada

#8 Feb 17, 2013
Christian Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they should read some of their older publication.
"God's faithful people on earth emphasized the importance of the dates 1914 and 1918 and 1925. They had much to say about these dates and what would come to pass, but all they PREDICTED did not come to pass." {Vindication,vol 1 p.146}
"There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918 and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time. Later the faithful learned that these dates were definitely fixed in the Scriptures; and they also learned to quit FIXING DATES for the future and PREDICTING what would come to pass on a CERTAIN DATE, but to rely (and they do rely) upon the Word of God as to the events that must come to pass." {Vindication vol. 1,p.338-9}
Wonder how many false prophecies does one have to have to become a false prophet?
Does any one remember the 1975 fiasco. Then franz coming around couple of years later....what did we expect from 1975?.......silence.......to survive .....silence..........well we did......moments silence ....followed by enthusiastic applause
It always amazes me how younger jw's state we never said it was coming in 1975......i am like what...i pioneered because it was shoved down my throat it was coming.......we sold everything and moved to another country because time was short.......whipper snappers .
SPrime

New York, NY

#9 Feb 17, 2013
Coming soon to a Kingdom Hall near you:
Today I choose to follow YouToday I choose to give my 'yes' to YouToday I choose to hear Your voice and liveToday I choose to follow YouChorus:As for me and my houseWe will serve YouAs for me and my houseWe will spend our lives on YouToday[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/brian-doerksen-today-... ]Verse:Today I choose to follow YouToday I choose to give my 'yes' to youToday I choose to hear Your voice and liveToday I choose to follow YouChorus:As for me and my houseWe will serve YouAs for me and my houseWe will spend our lives on You(2x)TodayBridge:Wonderful Counsellor, Everlasting FatherEternal King, Lord of hostsWillingly we followVerse:Today I choose to follow YouToday I choose to give my 'yes' to youToday I choose to hear Your voice and liveToday I choose to follow You Today (As For Me And My House) lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#10 Feb 17, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Does any one remember the 1975 fiasco. Then franz coming around couple of years later....what did we expect from 1975?.......silence.......to survive .....silence..........well we did......moments silence ....followed by enthusiastic applause
It always amazes me how younger jw's state we never said it was coming in 1975......i am like what...i pioneered because it was shoved down my throat it was coming.......we sold everything and moved to another country because time was short.......whipper snappers .
Yep,I was there,same story different hall.

Since: Jan 13

Marlinton, WV

#11 Feb 17, 2013
Christian Trucker wrote:
On page 15 4th par. the writers are comparing Cain's sacrifice to Abel's saying:
It was different with Cain.Jehovah did not look with any favor upon Cain and upon his offering.(Gen.4:5) It was not that Cain's offering was faulty in itself;God's law later allowed the offering of the produce of the ground.( Lev.6:14,15)
Here's the problem here.
Leviticus chapters 6 and 7 in it's context is giving the rules for the TRESPASS offering,the BURNT offering,the MEAL offering and the SIN offering.
That's why Cain's offering was rejected,rather than having the blood for his sin offering he offered HIS WORKS, the fruit of HIS labor,no blood.
Sound familiar?
Just like the jws today they bare depending on THEIR works for their salvation rather than the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
As i have read that passage over the years many times i have wondered, was God disappointed in Cain's sacrifice because it did not contain blood or did the writer really catch the issue when he said that Cain gave an offering of the fruit of the ground. i can picture old Cain just going along and picking up the produce that went bad and fell off the trees or bushes. just a thought,

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#12 Feb 17, 2013
sick of the cult wrote:
<quoted text>
As i have read that passage over the years many times i have wondered, was God disappointed in Cain's sacrifice because it did not contain blood or did the writer really catch the issue when he said that Cain gave an offering of the fruit of the ground. i can picture old Cain just going along and picking up the produce that went bad and fell off the trees or bushes. just a thought,
Hey sick of the cult, I believe Cain gave his very best of what he had,that's probably why he got mad because his best was not good enough.

When Cain brought an offering to God,he did not come by faith,he came on his own works.Man cannot offer works to God.

Titus 3:5,6
5 NOT by works of righteousness WHICH WE HAVE DONE, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

A sin offering must have blood.

Heb.9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Christian Trucker wrote:
Here's the problem here.
Sound familiar?
I think it was the motive behind the offering, his heart condition. Jehovah may have seen his lack of love for Abel before he committed murder, this could be why his sacrifice was not accepted.

Psalms 51:16 If You wanted a sacrifice, I'd give it; but, You don't think well of burnt offerings. 17 What You want is a spirit that's broken… You don't overlook humbled hearts.

1John 3: 15 For, whoever dislikes his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer will receive age-long life.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14 Feb 18, 2013
I love posting and reposting this classic statement, just to show how full of themselves the GB/FDS are!

"As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." Watchtower 1923 Apr 1 p.106

Just stunning! They point blank dis God's word for all to see for posterity.

“Delivering the Gospel”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 23, 2013
I know that there have been some jws on this thread,and the thing that bothers me the most is how do they reconcile the obvious error in their publications to themselves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why a secret magazine? 31 min Love Wisconsin 20
Online JW's are apostates by definition 32 min xjw 8
Three Simple Facts UTTERLY Destroy the Twinity~ 56 min ihveit 46
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... (Nov '14) 59 min Nedoba 1,333
Phil. 2:11 hits every JW like a brick! 1 hr ihveit 123
Is "Michael" Jesus Christ' New Covenant name? 1 hr ihveit 31
WHAT is the name of the 'Holy-Ghost-God'? 1 hr Dogen 648
Why we JWs are so HAPPY! 2 hr the Mad JW 279
What is Armageddon.. an actual future event? 3 hr DR SOS 797
Christian Trucker and OSAS Doctrine 9 hr Brother P 899
More from around the web