Where can I find this in the Bible?

Where can I find this in the Bible?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life
Page 185
Paragraph 13

*** When the Knowledge of God Fills the Earth ***

How grand it will be when the knowledge of God fills the earth! There will be an extensive educational program under the direction of the King Jesus Christ and his 144,000 corulers. New “scrolls” will then come into use. Evidently these are God’s written instructions that will serve as a basis for educating earth’s inhabitants.

Where in the Bible can I find NEW "SCROLLS" mentioned?

Where in the Bible can I find what these scrolls will be used for?

When will these scrolls actually be opened?

Please quote the Scripture(s) that say:

"New “scrolls” will then come into use. Evidently these are God’s written instructions that will serve as a basis for educating earth’s inhabitants."

little lamb

Australia

#3 Jan 5, 2013
I suspect that the 'knowledge of God' that will fill the whole earth, comes about by the return of Christ..because we can see today that the world is in conflict over religions...

Islam today is causing wars and distress in most of their nations...sectarian violence is immense..We see Islamic militants taking stands against the authorities in their country..which Gods word advises us not to do

For his word states " All authority stands in its relative position by God..and he who takes a stand against the existing authority takes a stand against God."

So not only have people taken 'stands' against the existing authorities, but nations have come to assist men of violence in providing weapons of destruction to 'help' them claim a legitimate authority over people..Its all about 'rulership"
little lamb

Australia

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Just like to share this with others..Have had to learn the DIFFERENCE between taking a stand AGAINST an existing authority..and taking a stand on THE WORD.

The difference is in obeying God as ruler rather then men..and as most authority is placed in their relative positions..it means their positions are 'relative..in connection with God..once men cut off that connection then they have lost their 'relativity to God..and are trying to rule without him.

Its then God deals with an authority out of sync with him , its not us who try to change it with an insurrection..but we just take our stand on his WORD and he acts .

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#5 Jan 6, 2013
UNchained wrote:
Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life
Page 185
Paragraph 13
*** When the Knowledge of God Fills the Earth ***
How grand it will be when the knowledge of God fills the earth! There will be an extensive educational program under the direction of the King Jesus Christ and his 144,000 corulers. New “scrolls” will then come into use. Evidently these are God’s written instructions that will serve as a basis for educating earth’s inhabitants.
Where in the Bible can I find NEW "SCROLLS" mentioned?
Where in the Bible can I find what these scrolls will be used for?
When will these scrolls actually be opened?
Please quote the Scripture(s) that say:
"New “scrolls” will then come into use. Evidently these are God’s written instructions that will serve as a basis for educating earth’s inhabitants."
While the exact wording you ask for is not here, the ideas contained in your questions are supplied in these verses. They are found in Revelation chapter 20 starting in verse 11 to chapter 21 verse 1.

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha′des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and Ha′des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more

If some of the ideas escape your notice, ask and I will explain to the best of my ability.(I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I do see where they have gotten those thoughts)

sidgi
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Let's EXPOSE the JW CULT's FALSE TEACHING:

Where in the Bible can I find NEW "SCROLLS" mentioned?

NO WHERE. NO mention of "NEW SCROLLS" here:

I also saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life
Revelation 20:12
~~~~~~~~~~

Where in the Bible can I find what these scrolls will be used for?

That's EASY. Here is what those scrolls will be used for:

and the dead were judged according to their works by what was written in the books.
Revelation 20:12
~~~~~~~~~~

WHEN will these scrolls actually be opened?

That's another EASY answer:

Revelation 20:7
When the 1,000 years are completed....

Then I saw a great white throne and One seated on it. I also saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.
Revelation 20:11-12
~~~~~~~~~~
__________
~~~~~~~~~~

Let's compare the above with what the JW CULT teaches:

Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life
Page 185
Paragraphs 12-13

*** When the Knowledge of God Fills the Earth ***

Therefore, this prophecy has already begun to be fulfilled in those serving Jehovah. Yet, it also points to a time when people the world over will shed any animalistic or violent traits and become peaceable forever.

How grand it will be when the knowledge of God fills the earth! There will be an extensive educational program under the direction of the King Jesus Christ and his 144,000 corulers. New “scrolls” will then come into use. Evidently these are God’s written instructions that will serve as a basis for educating earth’s inhabitants.
__________

Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand!
Pages 298-299
Paragraph 14

*** God’s Day of Judgment—Its Joyful Outcome!***

Now John reports that the dead are to be “judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.” Evidently, then, the opening of these scrolls will publish Jehovah’s detailed requirements for mankind during the thousand years. By applying in their lives the regulations and commandments of those scrolls, obedient humans will be able to lengthen their days, attaining finally to everlasting life.

LET's READ Revelation 20:7-12 and see the FALSE TEACHING from the JW CULT as it is exposed:

WHEN THE 1,000 years ARE COMPLETED,
Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle. Their number is like the sand of the sea. They came up over the surface of the earth and surrounded the encampment of the saints, the beloved city. Then fire came down from heaven and consumed them. The Devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet are, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

11 THEN I saw a great white throne and One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12 I also saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged according to their works by what was written in the books.

THE SCROLLS WILL BE OPENED WHEN THE 1,000 years ARE COMPLETED & THE DEAD WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS BY WHAT WAS WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS.

See how easy it is to expose false doctrines dreamed up by false teachers.

JW's, who are you going to believe about the scrolls, the Watchtower or the Bible?

It's your choice.

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#7 Jan 6, 2013
I guess reasoning on what you read must be beyond your ability, or else you don't wish to. In either case, the ideas are there if you think about it.

I don't have a connection to the Witnesses, but the questions that you ask aren't that difficult to answer.

Where in the Bible can I find NEW "SCROLLS" mentioned?

The scrolls mentioned in the verses I supplied would have to be new ones because in verse 11 it says....

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

The scroll would have to be new in the sense that the earth, and the heavens relating to the earth, were no more. One could assume that everything in them also would be gone, including any existing scrolls. This is also confirmed in verse one of the next chapter......

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.

Where in the Bible can I find what these scrolls will be used for?

And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

That is pretty self explanitory.

When will these scrolls actually be opened?

after the the heavens and the earth that are now existing are removed. at least that is where it is placed in the account.

if you have a specific argument with the JW rendering of things, then perhaps you should form your questions in that way. everyone doesn't have your hatred for all things JW to the extent that you do. The questions themselves don't reveal just exactly what your beef with them is.

sidgi
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#8 Jan 6, 2013
The Watchtower Society says that the scrolls will be opened DURING the 1,000 years. The Bible says that the scrolls will be opened AFTER the 1,000 years according to Revelation 20:7 and Revelation 20:11.
sidgi wrote:
The scrolls mentioned in the verses I supplied would have to be new ones because in verse 11 it says....
11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
The scroll would have to be new in the sense that the earth, and the heavens relating to the earth, were no more. One could assume that everything in them also would be gone, including any existing scrolls. sidgi
Earth and heaven flee from this throne, but there was found no place for them because there is absolutely no hiding from this throne. No one can escape the judgment that it represents.

Christians are spared from this awesome throne of judgment because their sins are already judged in Jesus at the cross.
They don't escape God's judgment; they satisfy it in Jesus.

Christians will have to stand before another throne - the judgment seat of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:10 says, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."

When Christians pass from these bodies to the world beyond, they must each give account according to what they have done, whether good or bad.
This describes a judgment of works of believers.
At the judgment seat of Christ, what Christians have done will be judged.
Their motives for what they have done will be judged.
Paul presents essentially the same idea in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15, where he speaks of a coming assessment of each one's work before the Lord.
In that passage, he makes it clear that what Christians have done, and their motive for doing it, will be tested by fire, and the purifying fire of God will burn up everything that was not of Him. Christians won't be punished for what was not done rightly unto the Lord, it will simply be burned up, and it will be as if they never did those things.

They will simply be rewarded for what remains.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Here is WHY the books are opened...

Revelation 20:12-13:
I also saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged according to their works by what was written in the books.
Then the sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead; all were judged according to their works.

Standing before God is not a trial, trying to determine what the facts are. The facts are in; here is the sentencing of someone already condemned. Their standing posture means that they are now about to be sentenced.
Because this is not a trial, but a sentencing, there is nothing for these who stand before the throne to say.

If people are not listed in the Book of Life, then each one is judged according to his works. Those who refuse to come to God by faith will, by default, be judged and condemned by their works.

The issue is not salvation by works but works as the irrefutable evidence of a man's actual relationship with God.

There are degrees of punishment for unbelievers, according to their works...

Then He proceeded to denounce the towns where most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent: 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented in sackcloth and ashes long ago! 22 But I tell you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until today. 24 But I tell you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”
Matthew 11:20-24

Here is where they are sentenced to their specific eternal punishment.

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#10 Jan 6, 2013
your reasoning is no better than the Witnesses, and I will just point out one instance, to show why. I've no need to delve further. You say.....

Earth and heaven flee from this throne, but there was found no place for them because there is absolutely no hiding from this throne. No one can escape the judgment that it represents.

that isn't what the verse says, it is all your take on it. The verse merely says...And there was no place found for them..... The rest is superfluous and it is men's reasoning. Just like many of the Witness' teachings.

sidgi
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#11 Jan 6, 2013
sidgi wrote:
your reasoning is no better than the Witnesses, and I will just point out one instance, to show why. I've no need to delve further. You say.....
Earth and heaven flee from this throne, but there was found no place for them because there is absolutely no hiding from this throne. No one can escape the judgment that it represents.
that isn't what the verse says, it is all your take on it. The verse merely says...And there was no place found for them..... The rest is superfluous and it is men's reasoning. Just like many of the Witness' teachings.
sidgi
Then I saw a great white throne and One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them.
Revelation 20:11

WHY would heaven flee from Jesus' presence?

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#12 Jan 6, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I saw a great white throne and One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them.
Revelation 20:11
WHY would heaven flee from Jesus' presence?
the bible doesn't say. Conjecture is all that is available. That is the point I am trying to make. One man's conjecture is no better than another's. The only factor that would have any redeeming quality, would be if it was identified as such, that is, a best guess.

sidgi

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#13 Jan 6, 2013
One best guess would be that it is the same heaven Peter is talking about that is to be replaced, when he says...

13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.

That guess woud be based on the notion that the "heaven" being discussed would be the spirit of the world that Satan uses as his means of ruling the earth.

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

#14 Jan 6, 2013
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible doesn't say. Conjecture is all that is available. That is the point I am trying to make. One man's conjecture is no better than another's. The only factor that would have any redeeming quality, would be if it was identified as such, that is, a best guess.
sidgi
Is the Bible conjecture?

Doug
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#15 Jan 6, 2013
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible doesn't say. Conjecture is all that is available. That is the point I am trying to make. One man's conjecture is no better than another's. The only factor that would have any redeeming quality, would be if it was identified as such, that is, a best guess.
sidgi
Can you tell me what this Scripture means and who is it talking about?...

2 Corinthians 5:11
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or bad.

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Doug Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Bible conjecture?
Doug
It would be conjecture to say so.

sidgi

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#17 Jan 6, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me what this Scripture means and who is it talking about?...
2 Corinthians 5:11
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or bad.
it seems to be talking about this.......

. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha&#8242;des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.

and if so, it would include everyone.

sidgi

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

#18 Jan 6, 2013
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be conjecture to say so.
sidgi
Who decided what to include?

Why did it take centuries?

Were they correct in the writings they excluded?

Were the compilers of the Canons subject to conjecture (or religious politics)?

Doug

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#19 Jan 6, 2013
Doug Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
Who decided what to include?
Why did it take centuries?
Were they correct in the writings they excluded?
Were the compilers of the Canons subject to conjecture (or religious politics)?
Doug
That is something for you to answer and evaluate. As for myself, I merely read it and determine whether it has good advice or not. It makes claims of inspired content in some portions. I don't find harm in good advice where ever it's found. I tend to oppose those making false claims about it, as I have read it, and don't tolerate tom-foolery where it is concerned. if it says something, it says it. If it doesn't say it, it doesn't. I choose to believe that there is no harm in it, only men who misuse it.

sidgi
Lannymac

United States

#20 Jan 6, 2013
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
While the exact wording you ask for is not here, the ideas contained in your questions are supplied in these verses. They are found in Revelation chapter 20 starting in verse 11 to chapter 21 verse 1.
11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha&#8242;des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and Ha&#8242;des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more
If some of the ideas escape your notice, ask and I will explain to the best of my ability.(I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I do see where they have gotten those thoughts)
sidgi
Self-explanatory... yeah right!

Your explanation develops from hop-skipping around Revelation, snatching a verse from here and there, planting it here and there, which results in what you call pretty self-explanatory...which in fact results in a crap load of un-judged sinners parading around God’s new earth?

If that’s the outcome your god desired, the poor thing is mentally flawed.

The god in your self-explanatory must have completely forgotten that the first Adam on a brand new earth sowed and reaped the same outcome...a crap load of un-judged sinners parading around the then new earth.

It is MOST DISHONEST of you to snatch verses 12-15 from beneath verse 11, and place them where I suspect only your god knows for sure.

What is wrong with you?

You actually think the vile and wicked deeds that were written in what you call the “old” scrolls will go un-judged...DO YOU?

They will just disappear into thin air right along with the old earth where all the vile and wicked deeds were done?

Then you get a smack brand new earth and new scrolls to start all over again committing vile and wicked deeds that will never be judged, since vile and wicked deed on the old earth were never judged.

Why not just reap havoc on your god's so called new earth that stinks of the old earth?

Again...what is wrong with you?

If what you say is true, and you’re not a JW, I will warn you, if God has not called you to refute the WTS doctrines, there is a likelihood that you will end up a JW.

This is not a game!
Lannymac

United States

#21 Jan 6, 2013
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
it seems to be talking about this.......
. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha&#8242;des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.
and if so, it would include everyone.
sidgi
WRONG!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Today music thread 8 min GreatSouthbay4040 1,290
THANK YOU, churchoids, antichrists, apostates! 12 min Honey Bee 389
If Jesus is NOT Your Mediator, How Can you Pray... 12 min rsss1 227
CHURCHianity is INSANITY! 56 min rsss1 116
"RESURRECTION"- meaningless in Churchianity! 58 min ihveit 242
yt 1 hr rsss1 103
Invalid Premise 1 hr PrufSammy 55
JWs are so correct that Jesus is Michael? 1 hr ihveit 668
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 2 hr ihveit 187
Our 2017 Convention - Do not give up - Galatian... 16 hr Alank 173
More from around the web