120 years from 1914? armagheddon pro...

120 years from 1914? armagheddon prophecy again?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“email at [email protected]

Since: Dec 07

central louisiana

#1 Oct 31, 2010
i was looking around and found this on the web.. cant check it out for accuracy till i get my BRAND NEW we cd.

anyhow lets start looking at this "prophecy"?
The Watchtower, December 15, 2003, Pages 14 - 19

Noah preached 120 years until the time of the flood, which was the time of the end to Noah and his generation. The December 15, 2003 Watchtower article is paralleling Noah's day to our present day. The Society is adding a 120 years to the 1914 date to come up with the hinted date of 2034.
Words such as "Similar, Similarly, Similarity, Similarities, Parallel, Corresponds, Characteristic, Compare, Arklike and more are all through the article to back up their subtle and hinted claims.

am i right or wrong? UHHHHH 120 YEARS would bring us to 2034? seems i heard this mentioned before
Page 15, Paragraph 6
"In Noah's day, Jehovah declared:'My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.'(Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring 'the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.'- Genesis 6:17"
Page 15, Paragraph 7
"Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival.' After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld,' says the apostle Paul,'[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household.'(Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in 'the time of the end.'(Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given?'He that does the will of God remains forever,' states the Bible.(1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah's will with a keen sense of urgency."
Page 15, Paragraph 9
"Jehovah has kept these warnings in front of his people by means of timely reminders through the spiritual food provided by 'the faithful and discreet slave'"....

will

Since: Jul 10

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Oct 31, 2010
Folks, what we have here is an apostate myth in the making. If this system is still here in the 2040's the holographic virtual reality apostate websites will be posted all over with "proof" of the "false prophecies" of Jehovah's Witnesses about 2034.

2034-The 1975 of the Future!

Knight Templar

“Quiet Professional”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 31, 2010
Yah, like it's so rare for the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses to make false prophecies...

Let's all pretend that 1914 never happened.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Oct 31, 2010
Knight Templar wrote:
Yah, like it's so rare for the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses to make false prophecies...
I agree with 1914, 1935 and 1975.But the 2034 is not of WT making and so why put out such a theory. It makes one less credible.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Nov 1, 2010
It will indeed be like 1975. Apostates will be retro-fitting what the WT publications didn't really say into what they wanted them to have said by selective quoting, anecdotes about what they said in meetings but not in print... etc... etc...
Billy

New Windsor, NY

#6 Nov 1, 2010
It was 1975. It was invisible. There are many armaggeddons. That is the new light.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 1, 2010
Knight Templar wrote:
Christendom has no choice but to pretend like 1914 never happened. Jesus Christ began his presence and what did Christendom do? She let Christ's sheep go to war with one another. Christian nation against Christian nation all brothers in Christ blowing each other to pieces in a blood-bath of murder.

No wonder Christendom wants to pretend like 1914 never happened. She doesn't want to believe that Christ was present during that embarrassing episode in her long and bloody history.
IndianSpice

Delhi, India

#8 Nov 1, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
Christendom has no choice but to pretend like 1914 never happened. Jesus Christ began his presence and what did Christendom do? She let Christ's sheep go to war with one another. Christian nation against Christian nation all brothers in Christ blowing each other to pieces in a blood-bath of murder.
No wonder Christendom wants to pretend like 1914 never happened. She doesn't want to believe that Christ was present during that embarrassing episode in her long and bloody history.
sounds like part of a watchtower article...lot of hot air..no scriptural support.
The Truth

United States

#9 Nov 1, 2010
ihveit wrote:
i was looking around and found this on the web.. cant check it out for accuracy till i get my BRAND NEW we cd.
Noah preached 120 years until the time of the flood, which was the time of the end to Noah and his generation. The December 15, 2003 Watchtower article is paralleling Noah's day to our present day. The Society is adding a 120 years to the 1914 date to come up with the hinted date of 2034.
Words such as "Similar, Similarly, Similarity, Similarities, Parallel, Corresponds, Characteristic, Compare, Arklike and more are all through the article to back up their subtle and hinted claims.
am i right or wrong? UHHHHH 120 YEARS would bring us to 2034? seems i heard this mentioned before
Page 15, Paragraph 6
"In Noah's day, Jehovah declared:'My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.'(Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring 'the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.'- Genesis 6:17"
Page 15, Paragraph 7
"Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival.' After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld,' says the apostle Paul,'[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household.'(Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in 'the time of the end.'(Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given?'He that does the will of God remains forever,' states the Bible.(1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah's will with a keen sense of urgency."
Page 15, Paragraph 9
"Jehovah has kept these warnings in front of his people by means of timely reminders through the spiritual food provided by 'the faithful and discreet slave'"....
will
The Truth of the matter is...the time difference between when Adam was created until Eve was created. That's the time you should be concerening yourself with. The Time, about 40 years. The time is...I belive...in my opinion...no later than 2015. The, almost, exact time would be...October, 2014.
aadriver

Sandy, UK

#10 Nov 1, 2010
StandFirm wrote:
Folks, what we have here is an apostate myth in the making. If this system is still here in the 2040's the holographic virtual reality apostate websites will be posted all over with "proof" of the "false prophecies" of Jehovah's Witnesses about 2034.
Makes a change from Watchtower myths.
So far every date the society have speculated on has been wrong. It's the ex witnesses that have it right, they said Watchtower dates would come to nothing and thay have been right.
How you can write about the system being here in 2040, then on the other hand say we have been in the last dats since 1914?
Billy

New Windsor, NY

#11 Nov 1, 2010
Since armaggeddon is invisible, it may be occurring right now. If you are alive and can read this you are a survivor.

Knight Templar

“Quiet Professional”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 1, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
The only embarrassing episode is when the cult of what is now the Jehovah's Witnesses made predictions and then changed the predictions and changed the publications to cover up their false prophecy.

But then, that may not be embarrassing to Jehovah's Witnesses anymore.

Once the cult lost their virginity, it's not like it's a new thing and they have nothing to lose.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are an unrepentant false prophet.

Satan takes delight in their ability to produce false prophecies and false doctrines.

central louisiana

#13 Nov 1, 2010
StandFirm wrote:
ihv.. i really cant verify the quote i gave yet but i am sure its correct.. AND NOW if you would go back to 1963 and start reading you will learn thats exactly how the 75 failure started..

i dont think this is a myth.. just as 75 was not... but we shall see wont we since i will be sure to keep up with that 120 year thingy and warn people

and now i have to wonder why you simply didnt give an explanation to the quote instead of attacking by calling me an apostate.. see how much you know.. i have never been a jw thereby cant be an apostate by the same false prophet teahings

will

central louisiana

#14 Nov 1, 2010
Auusi wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with 1914, 1935 and 1975.But the 2034 is not of WT making and so why put out such a theory. It makes one less credible.
ihv.. if the quote is accurate there is no "theory" its their way of stiring up people to be scared again
will

central louisiana

#15 Nov 1, 2010
Gareth wrote:
It will indeed be like 1975. Apostates will be retro-fitting what the WT publications didn't really say into what they wanted them to have said by selective quoting, anecdotes about what they said in meetings but not in print... etc... etc...
ihv..our problem here is THAT YOU WERENT THERE.. i was. many of us were .. we know ecactly what was being preached.. and now they deny it.. why dont you study up on the subject.. like get a cd and start reading the wt from 65 to 80?

until you do this you will not really know what was going on back then... and you will continue to protect "mother"
will

central louisiana

#16 Nov 1, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
ihv... ohhh but 1914 did happen.. only flaw in the society is that this is not the year of JESUS RETURN..
ohh and if idiots simply would check they would find that yuou are here and can mouth off because these wars made us safe and free..

the wt never tells you that part do they?
will

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#17 Nov 1, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
- Prove Christians went to war.
- Prove Jesus' presence returned in 1914.

2 presuppositions you need to verify as true.

Location hidden

#18 Nov 1, 2010
ihveit wrote:
<quoted text>
ihv..our problem here is THAT YOU WERENT THERE.. i was. many of us were .. we know ecactly what was being preached.. and now they deny it.. why dont you study up on the subject.. like get a cd and start reading the wt from 65 to 80?
until you do this you will not really know what was going on back then... and you will continue to protect "mother"
will
See what I mean?

I have read all the publications and spoken to quite a number of people who were around before 1975 and it is quite clear that it was never a teaching that Armageddon would arrive in that year. It was presented as a possibility only.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 1, 2010
CoreyE wrote:
- Prove Christians went to war.
ROFL!!
CoreyE wrote:
- Prove Jesus' presence returned in 1914.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-...

Since: Jul 10

Lannon, WI

#20 Nov 1, 2010
ihveit wrote:
Page 15, Paragraph 6
Page 15, Paragraph 7
Page 15, Paragraph 9
will
On a serious note.

Yes, the quote is accurate. But they're NOT saying that Armageddon is likely to come in 2034. Rather, they are saying that just as the last days of Noah lasted 120 years, then it shouldn't be a problem for the last days of this system to last well over 90 years. It is actually a VERY good point, one that mockers and spiritually drowsy ones should remember.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 1 hr rsss1 491
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 1 hr joe 2,865
News Jehovah's Witnesses prepare for 'loyal love' 1 hr Tony Price 77 8
2016 convention paradise video 1 hr RedhorseWoman 2
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 2 hr RedhorseWoman 65
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 2 hr ihveit 3,327
"What Happens at a Bible Study?" 2 hr ihveit 585
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 3 hr rsss1 8,834
El Cacique's ex 8 hr Caciques a liar 11
More from around the web