'There were 12 elders and not one of ...

'There were 12 elders and not one of them stood up - not...

There are 18 comments on the IcNetwork story from Jun 27, 2014, titled 'There were 12 elders and not one of them stood up - not.... In it, IcNetwork reports that:

'There were 12 elders and not one of them stood up - not one': Victim of Jehovah's Witness rapist describes torment Women told how 'excruciating' it was to have to tell congregation elders what had happened to them... but that nothing was done Victims of a sexual predator who preyed on fellow Jehovah's Witnesses had to face their alleged abuser in ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at IcNetwork.

Knightowl

Barry, UK

#3 Jun 27, 2014
When will "individuals" learn how to unlearn?

The Spirit is on a human journey it is not the journey of a human seeking Spirit.

Each journey is that of the individuals...simple!

So some old ancient scribe scribbles down a few words to control and manipulate for its own needs.

Then somebody else scribbles down another load of diatribe for its own needs. Just because ..........just because ...the world is still flat you know!

Until this realisation becomes so apparent cults/organizations/businesses money making scams ..for that is what they are vulnerable , the innocent are easy prey.

It's comfortable in the Watchtower it's poverty elsewhere. Orwells Animal Farm "Fair shares for all after I've had mine" Conrad's Nostromo Silver corrupts ...Materialism..... it need only be simple.

You don't have to look to fairy tales , you don't have to listen to another,s views this includes mine ..you just have to look within ALL the answers are there.

There is no safety in numbers only within the ONE......YOURSELF!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#4 Jun 27, 2014
That's a lot of elders... it is a sad thing for the rest of the congregation in that town that the allegations against Sewell (and thus the statements by the victims regarding the elders' inaction) were proven to be true.

How they respond-with their pat answer-is inadequate, but expected.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#5 Jun 27, 2014
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/jehovah...

Guilty!!

A "Witness to the world" of just how evil this cult is.
The "worldly' court brought justice to the victims of this sexual predator Jehovah's Witness elder, while "jehovah's organization" contributed to the crimes against the victims, all female, some were children

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Ashland, OH

#6 Jun 27, 2014
Another day, another sexual abuse at the hands of a Watchtower clergyman.
JACE

Bethesda, MD

#7 Jun 27, 2014
hMMMMMM wrote:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/i ncoming/jehovahs-witness-leade r-mark-sewell-7336623
Guilty!!
The "worldly' court brought justice to the victims of this sexual predator Jehovah's Witness elder, while "jehovah's organization" contributed to the crimes against the victims, all female, some were children
a sad commentary is it not?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#9 Jun 27, 2014
hMMMMMM wrote:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/i ncoming/jehovahs-witness-leade r-mark-sewell-7336623
Guilty!!
Man, you put it that way... wow. It is not surprise to me that the adherents to the WT judicial system are silent now-your observation is very poignant to the JW who thinks they live in such a spiritual paradise and has to see it in this light. It wasn't just the one elder. It was a dozen. In fairness, the branch intervened eventually, but seriously, too little too late- We have seen the worth and the value of their internal system of "justice". Not to mention how discerning the elders are about the guilt or innocence of DF'd ones when they are reinstating them. They are just men judging other men according to their own bias and prejudices. There is nothing holy or spiritual about it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Jun 28, 2014
Sparlock wrote:
Another day, another sexual abuse at the hands of a Watchtower clergyman.
. The ones spoken of here seem to satisfy their own gratification and yet.. don't have the nads to stand up for what the scriptures tell them to do.. They ARE no better then those Paul read the riot act to... GOOD ol boys.. If in fact..they don't eradicate the problem..then in FACT ..they become a PART of it.. If you want the name of elder...then Learn to ACT like one..
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#13 Jun 28, 2014
Being religious doesn't make anyone righteous ..including Muslims ..or any religion.

Scripture is clear ' God declares righteous the man having faith in Jesus Christ "

So its obedience to Christ ..

Praise Jah!
MissApple

Barry, UK

#14 Jun 29, 2014
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#15 Jun 29, 2014
12 Jehovah's Witness "elders" and not one had the morals or conscience to protect a child who was being sexually assaulted, nor protect their own children or any other children this sexual predator was around.
All these 12 "elders" cared about was keeping their bogus position in the Jehovah's witness cult, because they are losers in every other aspect of their lives.
Obviously.
What a "Witness to the World" on what true evil is.
NorthPeace

Camrose, Canada

#17 Jul 2, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Being religious doesn't make anyone righteous ..including Muslims ..or any religion.
Scripture is clear ' God declares righteous the man having faith in Jesus Christ "
Praise Jah!
You raise a good point.

There is no such thing as a denomination that can TRULY claim status as a "spiritual paradise".

NorthPeace

Location hidden

#18 Jul 3, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Praise Jah!
. Faith in God is not a religion its a spirituality.. Religion = is like taking a course on the believes of the Leaders.. Spirituality is a heart felt Faith in the Written words of GOD.. A good example of that is Abraham himself.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#19 Jul 3, 2014
NorthPeace wrote:
<quoted text>
You raise a good point.
There is no such thing as a denomination that can TRULY claim status as a "spiritual paradise".
NorthPeace
So no denomination should program children to be submissive "sheep" to any adult, whether in the denomination or not.
This is not what the Jehovah's Witnesses do.
Children are programmed to that elders are appointed by God himself and they are divine and never to be questioned, UNLESS they are disfellowshipped and that would be announced from the podium
A perfect storm for a sexual predator of children, that is exactly what the Jehovah's Witnesses cult is.
About time the public started finding that out.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#20 Jul 3, 2014
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Faith in God is not a religion its a spirituality.. Religion = is like taking a course on the believes of the Leaders.. Spirituality is a heart felt Faith in the Written words of GOD.. A good example of that is Abraham himself.
Faith in Jesus , is about the development of a Christlike character

You can sit in a building for years and never develop the 'seed' within.

"he that plants and he that water is nothing, it is God who makes that seed grow,'

Location hidden

#21 Jul 3, 2014
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith in Jesus , is about the development of a Christlike character
You can sit in a building for years and never develop the 'seed' within.
"he that plants and he that water is nothing, it is God who makes that seed grow,'
. I fully believe that.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#22 Jul 3, 2014
hMMMMMM wrote:
Guilty!!
"Jehovah's representatives" presumably appointed by "Holy Spirit" did nothing, but those evil worldly people finally put a stop to this man's reign of terror and helped his victims to achieve justice.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#23 Jul 9, 2014
hi jw elders.......... hey, i was just thinking.......... what do you think about surrendering to candice conti's lawer, rick simmons.?........ he would give you a good deal.
Tao itness

Norcross, GA

#24 Jul 9, 2014
These are the same elders that refused to give information to the authorities, claiming clergy privilege and that it was their "duty to God" to not comply!
Ignoring Romans that says these superior authorities are Gods servant to punnish the wrong deed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
puffy tell me what should i do??/ 54 min ihveit 10
"The soldier knew what he signed for" so said T... 59 min ihveit 92
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 1 hr ihveit 3,162
Equal to God! 1 hr PrufSammy 249
The souls of those executed for the witness the... 2 hr dlmacoop 38
New Today music thread 2 hr Alank 1,809
Delusional Disorder 297.1 (F22) 2 hr Alank 2
Who goes to heaven? 5 hr Pruf-Sammy 72
More from around the web