Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 24, 2012
I don't know about any of the rest of the people who are no longer JW's, but I think it would be smart to just stay away from this forum until the holidays are over, I know this is hard. I am never quite successful.

I see the criticism and hate building, the x's are called names and liars and told they are wrong for what they believe. Neither one, JW's or X's, try to understand what the other believes, they just belittle each other. It is a non-healthy atmosphere.

I hope that I can successfully stay away for a while.

Peace be with you.
Jackie

Southampton, PA

#3 Dec 24, 2012
I can agree with you here emma, I hope that you can successfully stay away from topix for a while too.
If that is what you really want for yourself.

May Jehovah God bless your efforts, emma.
Jackie

Southampton, PA

#4 Dec 24, 2012
I mean that emma, not playing you at all.

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#5 Dec 24, 2012
emmaswish wrote:
I don't know about any of the rest of the people who are no longer JW's, but I think it would be smart to just stay away from this forum until the holidays are over, I know this is hard. I am never quite successful.
I see the criticism and hate building, the x's are called names and liars and told they are wrong for what they believe. Neither one, JW's or X's, try to understand what the other believes, they just belittle each other. It is a non-healthy atmosphere.
I hope that I can successfully stay away for a while.
Peace be with you.
I'm quite sure that Christmas as it's celebrated today has little to do with the birth of Jesus. However, so what?

Things change, things evolve. I shall have a bloody good time with my family and friends as usual. This activity will have no bearing at all on any events that took place in Bethlehem. They won't make me more or less a believer.

And you now what? I don't think God will mind that at all.
Governing Body Member

Monticello, NY

#6 Dec 24, 2012
Be a little more sensitive to the needs of others, as you're not the only one who's been going through something of a crisis lately. You always see the other's point of view in any contretemps, so some stories may make your own problems seem like a picnic. Some Librans may encounter stumbling blocks throughout the day, but keep in mind that you are only one tenant in the house of confusion! Better things await you tomorrow.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 25, 2012
Thank you TPMP and Jackie, I will make more of an effort to stay away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MeWe.com- a MUCH better place for Discussion! 1 min Tony Price 77 20
News 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses co... 1 min Caciques a liar 58
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 6 min imagoodboy 23,244
Praise the LORDS! 9 min Psych 203
News What really happened to Prince's will? Could a ... 12 min aadrivers 8
News Convention brings 3,000 to Penticton 13 min Analytical7 60
The days of Online hate speech are winding down 14 min GreatSouthbay4040 9
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 25 min Caciques a liar 2,265
When you really look at what they believe you c... 4 hr Mega Rude 193
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 5 hr Mega Rude 2,468
More from around the web