Armenia Slow to Pass Conscientious Objection Law

Jan 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Institute for War and Peace Reporting

Armenia's government appears to be dragging its feet over changing the rules for military conscription, a year after a pan-European court ruled that Jehovah's Witnesses had been mistreated as conscientious objectors.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
KDMensch

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

"Mistreated" is a relative term as well as subjective. It was my understanding that they were offered alternative service and refused.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

let's see.. they don't go into service .. because the bible says .. you must not kill.. and now their stretching it to cover ..non violent work... Hello.! Stick um! in jail... Appparently they think they should be treated like royalty.. Kind of like they want their cake and eat it to..
Never good enough for them that they aren't sent to the front lines..
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Maravilla wrote:
let's see.. they don't go into service .. because the bible says .. you must not kill.. and now their stretching it to cover ..non violent work... Hello.! Stick um! in jail... Appparently they think they should be treated like royalty.. Kind of like they want their cake and eat it to..
Never good enough for them that they aren't sent to the front lines..
you are horrible confused and not true believer of God law
Remnant143999

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

So, when is the wtbts going to step up to plate and get to the bottom of things?Has anybody heard what the wtbts has done for these co's?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are horrible confused and not true believer of God law
.which says??? and don't give me that line ..that we are to be no part of this world... It does not work... There are things done that GOD..abhors and those are the things we are to be no part of.. Cleaning up the roadside... IS not one of those... fanatical people would have you not breathing the same air that others breath if ..it was at all possible...
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
.which says??? and don't give me that line ..that we are to be no part of this world... It does not work... There are things done that GOD..abhors and those are the things we are to be no part of.. Cleaning up the roadside... IS not one of those... fanatical people would have you not breathing the same air that others breath if ..it was at all possible...
JW are right that true christian suppose to refuse arms,
because true believer is not part of this world,and he doesn't bear arms against life of other humans

hipocrities say something different and simple Lie,
same your post showed me,that you are completly confused.

not necesary leadership commands lead jw or true believers to God,

ONLY GODS LOVE IS TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS
1/ not be part of this world-is to refuse everything what harm own neighbour(foreign countries at war) no accept blood as stream of life strickly belonged to God, not fornicate(boys friends or girl friend) not adultery etc.....Gal 5;17-21..... clearly tell to all people what is their end,if they do such things

SO
I am not JW, but only Bible study without of any world christianity member church,or sects,or denomination

according to Bible, just remnant of 14400 not associated with JW leaders of christianity because they are traitors and are under influence of satan spirit
2 COR 11;13-15.2 THESS 1;2-12.Isaiah 14;13-14

have good night lady

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
JW are right that true christian suppose to refuse arms,
because true believer is not part of this world,and he doesn't bear arms against life of other humans
hipocrities say something different and simple Lie,
same your post showed me,that you are completly confused.
not necesary leadership commands lead jw or true believers to God,
ONLY GODS LOVE IS TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS
1/ not be part of this world-is to refuse everything what harm own neighbour(foreign countries at war) no accept blood as stream of life strickly belonged to God, not fornicate(boys friends or girl friend) not adultery etc.....Gal 5;17-21..... clearly tell to all people what is their end,if they do such things
SO
I am not JW, but only Bible study without of any world christianity member church,or sects,or denomination
according to Bible, just remnant of 14400 not associated with JW leaders of christianity because they are traitors and are under influence of satan spirit
2 COR 11;13-15.2 THESS 1;2-12.Isaiah 14;13-14
have good night lady
. you've said a lot.. but it sounds like you have a problem reading.. As I agree that they should not take up arms.. I disagree that in showing respect for those GOD has allowed to be in charge.. That they think that cleaning the road side is being a part of the world.. At least.they can go home at night.
shadow

Annandale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

What! Do you not know that the body of you prople is the temple of the holy spirit WITHIN you, which you have from God? Also, you DO NOT BELONG TO YOURSELVES, for YOU were bought with a PRICE. By all means, glorify God in the body of you people.

"Not by military force, noe by power, but by my spirit." Jehovah of armies has said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

shadow wrote:
What! Do you not know that the body of you prople is the temple of the holy spirit WITHIN you, which you have from God? Also, you DO NOT BELONG TO YOURSELVES, for YOU were bought with a PRICE. By all means, glorify God in the body of you people.
"Not by military force, noe by power, but by my spirit." Jehovah of armies has said.
??
Remnant143999

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

The CO's in the US that served and completed their military obligation did so without fiearms! Most of them served as Medics,unarmed,they were the ones that would give emergency medical attention to a wounded soldier under fire. They were true Christians with GUTS. How did you fullfill your military obligation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Remnant143999 wrote:
The CO's in the US that served and completed their military obligation did so without fiearms! Most of them served as Medics,unarmed,they were the ones that would give emergency medical attention to a wounded soldier under fire. They were true Christians with GUTS. How did you fullfill your military obligation?
. The ones that prompted this thread.. apparently.. Figured that not only would they not serve in the military..but they also figure that they are above service of any kind.. Which kind of goes against showing respect for those in charge.. and is disrespecting God..when he himself says that he allows them to be in that position for our protection.. And we are to obey them...
NOW! I do know that the Witnesses will say..( We must obey GOD as ruler .rather then men ) But Again the fact is GOD..did tell us to show them not only respect but honor..Hello! IT is the WTS.. that picks and choses for you..as to what honor or respect you give... MEN..that you listen to and put faith in.
Monkeymenot

Saddle Brook, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. The ones that prompted this thread.. apparently.. Figured that not only would they not serve in the military..but they also figure that they are above service of any kind.. Which kind of goes against showing respect for those in charge.. and is disrespecting God..when he himself says that he allows them to be in that position for our protection.. And we are to obey them...
NOW! I do know that the Witnesses will say..( We must obey GOD as ruler .rather then men ) But Again the fact is GOD..did tell us to show them not only respect but honor..Hello! IT is the WTS.. that picks and choses for you..as to what honor or respect you give... MEN..that you listen to and put faith in.
Mathew 26;52-Then Jesus said to him:“Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.-- John 18:33-Jesus answered:“My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.
Monkeymenot

Saddle Brook, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Isaiah 2:4-And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.
This inscription is seen in united nation which does not fulfill that scripture:http://cojs.org/cojs wiki/Image:Isaiah_Wall.JPG .
Remnant 134999

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Your absolutely correct, but it's like talking to a fence post!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••