Who is Micahel the archangel?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#1 Nov 4, 2013
“Don’t be afraid, Daniel,” he said to me,“for from the first day that you purposed to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your prayers were heard. I have come because of your prayers. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia opposed me for 21 days.

Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me after I had been left there with the kings of Persia.

14 Now I have come to help you understand what will happen to your people in the last days, for the vision refers to those days.”
15 While he was saying these words to me, I turned my face toward the ground and was speechless.

16 Suddenly one with human likeness touched my lips. I opened my mouth and said to the one standing in front of me,“My lord, because of the vision, I am overwhelmed and powerless. 17 How can someone like me, your servant, speak with someone like you, my lord? Now I have no strength, and there is no breath in me.”

18 Then the one with human likeness touched me again and strengthened me. 19 He said,“Don’t be afraid, you who are treasured [by God]. Peace to you; be very strong!”
As he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said,“Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”

20 He said,“Do you know why I’ve come to you? I must return at once to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I leave, the prince of Greece will come. 21 No one has the courage to support me against them except Michael, your prince. However, I will tell you what is recorded in the book of truth.
Daniel 10:12-21

Who is Micahel the archangel?
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#2 Nov 4, 2013
Michael the archangel, is the great prince of of Israel..Gods people.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#3 Nov 4, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Very good, little lamb.

Daniel 10:13 says that Michael is one of the chief princes so there must also be some more chief princes although only one other angel is mentioned by name in the Bible.
Antonio Carlos Jobin

Monticello, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2013
Be careful because it seems that someone is doing their best to undermine you in subtle but profound ways. There may even be some sort of treachery afoot, and you should certainly be very careful about who you trust. However, you must also be careful not to send out confusing messages yourself, because these could easily be misinterpreted, leading to recriminations later on.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 4, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, little lamb.
Daniel 10:13 says that Michael is one of the chief princes so there must also be some more chief princes although only one other angel is mentioned by name in the Bible.
But there was only ONE prince of Israel.

And a prince is, of course, a future king.

So Michael was the future king of Israel.
Ben E King

New Windsor, NY

#6 Nov 4, 2013
Antonio Carlos Jobin wrote:
Be careful because it seems that someone is doing their best to undermine you in subtle but profound ways. There may even be some sort of treachery afoot, and you should certainly be very careful about who you trust. However, you must also be careful not to send out confusing messages yourself, because these could easily be misinterpreted, leading to recriminations later on.
The posters should follow your wise advice.Their lives would improve tremendously
FutureMan

Brisbane, Australia

#7 Nov 4, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, at least from my knowledge of things relating to the Heavenly realms.

Unfortunately I believe that a little error had been made, whether it be by Bible translators or by Jude himself as he had based his writings on certain writings that were attributed to Enoch who was a prophet of God before the time of the Biblical flood as recorded in the book of Genesis.

Jude 1
8 ¶ Likewise, indeed, also these dreaming ones even defile flesh, and despise rulership, and speak evil of glories.
9 But Michael the archangel, when contending with the Devil, he argued about the body of Moses; he dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy, but said, "Let the Lord rebuke you!" Zech. 3:2

Here in this scripture is the only place in the entire Bible where "Michael" is referred to as an Archangel.

I believe that it would be more correct to say the "archangel of Michael", as Michael himself as the "Great Prince" or "Great Ruler" was in command of his own angels.

He was also the only one who was in the position to rebuke the Devil, while he was on Earth as (Joshua) or Jesus as we know him today, and this before he had received all glory in Heaven and Earth, after his resurrection.

Daniel 12
1 ¶ And at that time, Michael shall stand up, the great ruler who stands for the sons of your people. And there shall be a time of distress, such as has not been from the being of a nation until that time. And at that time, your people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the Book.[LITV]

Revelation 12
7 And war occurred in Heaven, Michael and his angels making war against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels made war,
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Nov 4, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you were to ever decide to get baptised, why don't you get baptised in the Jewish religion?
Thirdwitness

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2013
WHO IS MICHAEL?

“And during that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time.”—Daniel 12:1. This is said at the very end of the march of the world powers. There are several scriptures that tell us that to 'stand up' means taking up rulership or kingship.

Then Daniel 7 tells us exactly who it is that would gain rulership at the final part of the days when the world powers are coming to their end. Daniel 7:13 tells us,“I kept on beholding ..., and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; ...14 And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him."

Of course, we recognize the son of man to be Jesus himself. MIchael becomes King but Jesus also becomes king. Are their two different kings in heaven that will stand up in the final part of the days?

So in Daniel 12 we see that:

1. Michael 'stands up' at the end of the world powers in behalf of his people.

In Daniel 7 we see that:

Jesus gains rulership at the end of the world powers in behalf of his people.

But wait! There is more.

A Parallel is found in Matthew 24. Here Jesus is asked for a sign as to when Christ's presence would begin and the conclusion of the system of things. Verse 21 says: "for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again."

Amazing that at the time of Christ's presence and the conclusion of the system that the greatest tribulation in history of man will occur exactly as was stated in Daniel 12:1.

And so in Daniel 12 we have:

1. Michael 'stands up' at the conclusion of the system
2. And there occurs a 'time of distress such as has not been made to occur' ever.

In Matthew 24 we have:

1. At the time of Jesus' presence and the conclusion of the system
2.'there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred' ever.

Could it be that Michael is Jesus? Hmmm. But wait there is more.
Thirdwitness

United States

#10 Nov 5, 2013
Rev 12:7: "And war broke out in heaven: Mi´cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon,...9 So down the great dragon was hurled,...10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:“Now have come to pass ... the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ,"

Interesting that the very first prophecy in the Bible said: "15 And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”"

So it is clear that it would be the woman's seed, Jesus, who would crush Satan. That being the case why would the priviledge of ousting Satan from heaven (which is part of his downfall and the crushing) be given to another angel rather than Jesus?

And notice that Michael is spoken of as having a charge over the angels. Did you know that no other person other than Jehovah is spoken of as having authority of angels except Jesus.

Rev 12 tells us that:

1. Michael has authority over angels (no one else but Jesus has such authority).
2. Michael ousted Satan from heaven thus contributing to his crushing.

Many scriptures tell us that:

1. Jesus has authority over angels (no one else but Michael has such authority).
2. Genesis 3:15 tells us that Jesus, the seed would crush Satan.

But wait! There is more.

Jude 9 tells us:“But when Michael the archangel ....’”
1 Thess 4:16 tells us: "because the Lord (Jesus) himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice .... "

Archangel means chief of the angels. No where does the Bible speak of their being more than one archangel. There is only one chief of the angels. It is Michael. No wait, it must be Jesus because he has the archangel's voice. Thats two archangels. Oh, unless, could it be that they are the same person?

Jude 9 tells us that:

1. Michael is the archangel.

Thess 4:16 tells us that:

1. Jesus has an archangel's voice.

But there is still more to come.
Thirdwitness

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2013
Daniel 12:1 calls Michael the great prince. The son of the great king is the great prince. The king of course is Jehovah. Isaiah 9:7 calls Jesus the Prince of Peace. Can it be denied that Jesus is the great prince? Can it be denied that Michael is the great prince?
Thirdwitness

United States

#12 Nov 5, 2013
Here is something from Gareth

Genesis 3:14,15|
|14| And the Lord God said unto the |serpent|, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
|15| And I will put |enmity| between |thee| and the woman, and between thy seed |and her seed|; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

1) Who is the serpent?
2) Who is the (promised) seed of the woman?

|Revelation 12:7-9|
|7| And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
|8| And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
|9| And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

1) Who is the dragon?
2) Who is Michael?

|Revelation 20:1-3|
|1| And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
|2| And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
|3| And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

1) Who is the old serpent?
2) Who is the Angel having the key of the abyss?

|Revelation 20:10|
|10| And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

1) Who is cast into the lake of fire?
2) Who is the one casting him into the lake of fire?

Remember:

|Genesis 3:14,15|
|14| And the Lord God said unto the |serpent|, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
|15| And I will put /enmity between thee/ and the woman, and between thy seed /and her seed/; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#13 Nov 5, 2013
For to which of the angels did He ever say, You are My Son; today I have become Your Father, or again, I will be His Father, and He will be My Son?
Hebrews 1:5

That should just about be enough to expose the apostate Jehovah's Witness cult and satan's publishing company, the Watchtower Society's false doctrine about Michael the ANGEL.
Thirdwitness

United States

#14 Nov 6, 2013
UNchained wrote:
For to which of the angels did He ever say, You are My Son; today I have become Your Father, or again, I will be His Father, and He will be My Son?
He said it to the man Jesus who left his heavenly position as the arc angel.
Ben E King

New Windsor, NY

#15 Nov 6, 2013
It seems that a loved one is taking a perverse delight in speaking out of turn or making announcements that send your eyebrows into orbit. It will be difficult to avoid reacting in exactly the way they want and going off the deep end. But if you stop yourself rising to the bait, you'll pull the rug out from under them and leave them feeling completely flummoxed. Then the joke will be on them!
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#16 Nov 6, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
He said it to the man Jesus who left his heavenly position as the arc angel.
That is an apostate teaching from satan.
red blood relative

United States

#17 Nov 6, 2013
joab was the chief of david's army, just like michael is the chief of the armies of angels.
that does not make him the king of kings, namely jesus.

joab won many battles for david and israel, but was never installed as king.

the devil wants to demote the living word of god, to a mere angel like himself.

the whole reason the jw gov body goes along with this nonsense is that it causes a DIVISION as they capture a following who then reject all of mainstream christianity...... their members have no where else to go even when they figure out the jw gov body are FRAUDS..... its all wicked stuff.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#18 Nov 6, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an apostate teaching from satan.
Why did you ask your question in the first place, if you already believe you have the answer?....was it an opportunity to call someone names

" Come in to mu web, said the spider to the fly.'

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#19 Nov 6, 2013
Hello Little Lamb,
little lamb wrote:
One small correction...

Michael is not THE great prince of Israel, but A great prince of Israel.

Here is why:
Daniel 10:13 NWT (2013)
But the prince+ of the royal realm of Persia stood in opposition to me for 21 days. But then Michael, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I remained there beside the kings of Persia.

"One of the foremost princes" means that Michael was one of a set of foremost princes, meaning Michael was A foremost prince, not THE foremost prince.

Peace,
Bob
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#20 Nov 6, 2013
PassingTheTest wrote:
Hello Little Lamb,
<quoted text>
One small correction...
Michael is not THE great prince of Israel, but A great prince of Israel.
Here is why:
Daniel 10:13 NWT (2013)
But the prince+ of the royal realm of Persia stood in opposition to me for 21 days. But then Michael, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I remained there beside the kings of Persia.
"One of the foremost princes" means that Michael was one of a set of foremost princes, meaning Michael was A foremost prince, not THE foremost prince.
Peace,
Bob
But then I believe

Daniel 12 " And during that time Michael will stand up,'THE GREAT PRINCE' who is standing on behalf of the sons of you people.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who goes to heaven? 33 min Jace 42
Updating an old thread 34 min TempleMicrowave 6
Why do few JW keep pets? (May '15) 39 min Jace 86
"The soldier knew what he signed for" so said T... 1 hr GreatSouthbay4040 16
News Leah Remini's A&E Series May Take on Jehovah's ... 1 hr Jace 132
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 1 hr ihveit 3,057
News $66M class action sex abuse suit filed against ... 1 hr Jace 25
Treatment of disfellowshipped ones at a funeral 2 hr Alank 228
Equal to God! 2 hr Seentheotherside 188
More from around the web