Does Anyone REALLY Enjoy Meetings?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Personally no!

Just a reminder:

&fe ature=share

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 6, 2012
There were times when I enjoyed meetings, not always. It depended very much on the speaker and the format they used. Some injected humor into it and it lightened it up and some were really good speakers. We once had a brother who was new at speaking and everyone listened to him because he always put the emphasis on the wrong words, he was not too savvy about speaking, but it kept you interested. It was the same with assemblies.
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#3 Dec 6, 2012
I love the meetings.

It's like a family reunion twice a week :-)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Maybe for you, in some congregations it is like a judging session.

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#5 Dec 6, 2012
emmaswish wrote:
There were times when I enjoyed meetings, not always. It depended very much on the speaker and the format they used. Some injected humor into it and it lightened it up and some were really good speakers. We once had a brother who was new at speaking and everyone listened to him because he always put the emphasis on the wrong words, he was not too savvy about speaking, but it kept you interested. It was the same with assemblies.
Putting the em-farsis on the wrong sil-arble!
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
emmaswish wrote:
Maybe for you, in some congregations it is like a judging session.
There is good and bad everywhere.

Look for the good, and you will find it :-)

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Ashland, OH

#7 Dec 6, 2012
Mikronboy wrote:
Personally no!
Just a reminder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HHcdCYf0Xo0XX&feature=sha re
If you like having your ears tickled and having an outlet to lash out hatefully at everyone who doesn't worship the JW clergy then you like the meetings.

If you love God then you don't like the meetings.
TPMP

New York, NY

#8 Dec 6, 2012
I don't get too many. I attend occasionally with my family.

But, they are a refresher.

One can sense the peace there from the outside world.

I know that some know what i'm talking about.

==========

Do sometimes the meetings get boring?.

Yes.

Can it be a drudge to get to them in our highly stressed society, today?.

Yes.

Are some speakers more enthused than others?. Yes.

But, one doesn't attend the meeting for personalities.

You attend to take in organized instruction from the word of Jehovah. Period. Come what may.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 6, 2012
TPMP wrote:
I don't get too many. I attend occasionally with my family.
But, they are a refresher.
One can sense the peace there from the outside world.
I know that some know what i'm talking about.
==========
Do sometimes the meetings get boring?.
Yes.
Can it be a drudge to get to them in our highly stressed society, today?.
Yes.
Are some speakers more enthused than others?. Yes.
But, one doesn't attend the meeting for personalities.
You attend to take in organized instruction from the word of Jehovah. Period. Come what may.
very nicely put.....

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Dec 6, 2012
TPMP wrote:
I don't get too many. I attend occasionally with my family.
But, they are a refresher.
One can sense the peace there from the outside world.
I know that some know what i'm talking about.
==========
Do sometimes the meetings get boring?.
Yes.
Can it be a drudge to get to them in our highly stressed society, today?.
Yes.
Are some speakers more enthused than others?. Yes.
But, one doesn't attend the meeting for personalities.
You attend to take in organized instruction from the word of Jehovah. Period. Come what may.
Thats how I feel at my church, it is a peaceful place safe from the outside world. When I walk through the doors I feel a love that I haven't felt in a long time, and it started from the first day and still is there.
We have those sermons which are boring, but there are those that will knock your socks off. There are those that step on your toes too. ;)
When I hear the word of God, I am always happy and know that it is what God wants us to hear and understand.
Being with those that love the Lord and are happy in his house is a wonderful thing.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11 Dec 6, 2012
agreed!!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#12 Dec 6, 2012
TPMP wrote:
I don't get too many. I attend occasionally with my family.
But, they are a refresher.
One can sense the peace there from the outside world.
I know that some know what i'm talking about.
==========
Do sometimes the meetings get boring?.
Yes.
Can it be a drudge to get to them in our highly stressed society, today?.
Yes.
Are some speakers more enthused than others?. Yes.
But, one doesn't attend the meeting for personalities.
You attend to take in organized instruction from the word of Jehovah. Period. Come what may.
Very True. I like the meetings. It is a time to learn about Jehovah, Jesus and his word.

Even if it may be boring at times, we always learn somthing from it and the association is never boring.
Penop Putano

Middletown, NY

#13 Dec 6, 2012
A clash of wills with a good friend or associate is likely, as the illogical Moon, fiery Sun and rebellious Uranus combine to add stress to your day. It's not a good idea to lend anyone money today: if you do, make sure the terms of repayment are clear. If you can afford to make a gift and feel the need to do so, go ahead. But remember: once it leaves your hands, you have no say how it should be spent....

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#14 Dec 6, 2012
I used to enjoy the "after meeting" chatting.

Sort of a JW equivalent of "apres ski".
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Mikronboy wrote:
Personally no!
Just a reminder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HHcdCYf0Xo0XX&feature=sha re
They are nothing but pure torture.
They are actually abusive to children.
To force children to sit through "meetings" where oral and anal sex, and bestiality are discussed ad nauseum, is abusing the children while making them easier prey for Jehovah's witness pedophiles.
It is a crime.
MAMMON

United States

#17 Dec 6, 2012
I stopped at the Museum of Appalachia outside of knoxville a few weeks ago and my girlfriend gave me a BJ in a church built in 1840. That was the only time I've ever e.joyed any type of religion. I got my 30 bucks worth.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#18 Dec 6, 2012
Puh-lease he is a sleazy wus, who can't be with grown women so he goes where he is welcome, the KIngdumb Hall, where dimwitted Jehovah's witness parents let him have access to their little girls.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#19 Dec 6, 2012
oops wrong thread!

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#20 Dec 6, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
I love the meetings.
It's like a family reunion twice a week :-)
Your family reunions must be in a direct contrast to mine. Ours are held in a fellowship hall in a very old church in the Berkshire mountains.

We come in with a dish to pass for the meal, some come with a musical instrument if the play one, we go from table to table and chat with our relatives while most of the little ones prefer to play with their cousins on the swings and slides in the side yard.

There is lots of TIME set aside for plenty of socializing, sharing experiences with each other and sharing pictures of things of interest done since we last got together.

There is no one eyeballing anyone else if they are chatting while in the restrooms or just strolling around the hall...

no one is carrying the same identical books and magazines that everyone in attendance is expected to have...

and no one is "conducting" the activities or promoting religious literature as during the WTS meetings.

Oh yeah...WE are allowed to wear slacks if we choose to....and the last time I went...I wore a denim dress.

Yep---I don't see ANY resemblance AT ALL to a family reunion....I see that perhaps YOU do though.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#21 Dec 6, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
Your family reunions must be in a direct contrast to mine. Ours are held in a fellowship hall in a very old church in the Berkshire mountains.
We come in with a dish to pass for the meal, some come with a musical instrument if the play one, we go from table to table and chat with our relatives while most of the little ones prefer to play with their cousins on the swings and slides in the side yard.
There is lots of TIME set aside for plenty of socializing, sharing experiences with each other and sharing pictures of things of interest done since we last got together.
There is no one eyeballing anyone else if they are chatting while in the restrooms or just strolling around the hall...
no one is carrying the same identical books and magazines that everyone in attendance is expected to have...
and no one is "conducting" the activities or promoting religious literature as during the WTS meetings.
Oh yeah...WE are allowed to wear slacks if we choose to....and the last time I went...I wore a denim dress.
Yep---I don't see ANY resemblance AT ALL to a family reunion....I see that perhaps YOU do though.
Sounds nice Nedoba, but don't you remember that if you are a JW, your family is ONLY the JW's. Your family that is not JW's have been so badly pushed away, that they don't even realize you are a family member anymore. We are to keep those who are not JWs away from us due to the fact that "bad association spoils useful habits". I missed so many family reunions because of that. Now many of that family are dead and gone, and I never really knew them because of it. It is so sad that we allowed these men who wanted so much control to ruin our families like that. And I feel so very sorry for the witnesses more now, they are being controlled so much more than we were, and even then it was bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Subliminal wizard in Watchtower publication 39 min BetheljudgmentDan... 2
HOW is LOVE equated with TORTURE? 43 min sanctus2015 108
NGO's and How they Relate to the UN (Feb '09) 1 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 174
Do Jehovah's witnesses believe in Jesus for sal... 2 hr ihveit 210
FEWER Churches teaching 'Hellfire'! 2 hr ihveit 396
News Best Selling Magazines in the World 2 hr Jace 185
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 2 hr joe 2,189
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 3 hr the Mad JW 2,909
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 6 hr dee lightful 18,708
Jace--Doing Jesus' Work? 7 hr RedhorseWoman 853
More from around the web