The 1st Christmas celebration

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#226 Dec 30, 2012
HopeReigns wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to learn about our Heavenly Father. Quit delving into the pagan gods and ask for forgiveness.
Father in Heaven....please direct thy Holy Spirit to guide this misguided soul from the darkness of her worshiping of knowledge of the pagan gods. May Satan be turned away from her. In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Amen
Read the posts in the order they were done.
INTIAL RESPONSE
I watched the rise of the sun this morning...the light brought the scene of snow laying atop branches, fields and bushes...so beautiful.
YOUR RESPONSE TO MY INTIAL RESPONSE
HopeReigns wrote:
I watched the rise of the sun this morning...the light brought the scene of snow laying atop branches, fields and bushes...so beautiful.
Sunrise is beautiful.
The the pagans took the wintere solstice and used it to praise and honor their pagan deities. Then the apostate "Christian" church absorbed the celebrations in order to bolster church membership.
HopeReigns wrote:
Tis a good day to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus.
Jesus wasn't born on any day in December.
:)
MY RESPONSE TO YOUR POST
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunrise is beautiful.
The the pagans took the wintere solstice and used it to praise and honor their pagan deities. Then the apostate "Christian" church absorbed the celebrations in order to bolster church membership.
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't born on any day in December.
Sorry hon, I reflected and celebrated the birth of our Lord and Savior. Never mentioned a date...preach your pagan thoughts elsewhere. For that is what you do hon....YOU keep on preaching pagan gods rather than glorify Christ's Birth, Death, Resurrection.
So now....you want to make this beautiful winter scene that I woke up to..that my God gave to me...and turn it into a pagan celebration of solstice!!!!!!
What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!
I'll talk about Jesus' death and resurrection. Somehow I don't think that would be pertinent while discussion Christmas - the claimed birthday of Jesus - was going on.

I said that Christmas was the pagan Roman festival renamed which can be verified by any good encyclopedia by looking up the pre-christian origins of Christmas. I can tell that you know that history already.

Just come out and say that you don't celebrate Christmas. And if you didn't, why did you drag this out?

Location hidden

#227 Dec 30, 2012
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE IS THE SALVATION MESSAGE
1 Cor 15:1-4 “Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-- unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures”
The Gospel is focused on two specific areas: who Jesus is and what He has done.
JW don't preach it seems you don't know it and it all begins with him being born something we rejoice in and what date that was does not matter HE WAS BORN that is what matters .Every Apostles preached this same message JESUS CHRIST . God does not care what day we honor his son as I said Christians do that every day we rejoice everyday that we have a savior we don't drag up old forgotten pagan gods and shove Christ in the back ground .
You could not possibly know the only true God since you deny and demean His son , no one that KNOWS GOD would do that , FURTHER the only way to know God is to know His Son and you don't know nor do you honor JESUS .You are consumned with old pagan gods so much so you cannot bring yourself to discuss Him .
Why can't you bring yourself to discuss John 17:3 which is in YOUR Bible?

John 17:3 Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.

Who did Jesus address here as "the only true God"? I think this is an important beginning.

I never brought up your religion. I just want you to look into the Bible at John 17:3 and answer the question.

This isn't complicated, Pat. Stop dancing around.

Pat

Rockford, IL

#228 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you bring yourself to discuss John 17:3 which is in YOUR Bible?
John 17:3 Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.
Who did Jesus address here as "the only true God"? I think this is an important beginning.
I never brought up your religion. I just want you to look into the Bible at John 17:3 and answer the question.
This isn't complicated, Pat. Stop dancing around.
No one is dancing but you Boni and judging and stomping and snoting all over something GOD has neither commanded or condemned .Knowing the ONLY TRUE GOD REQUIRES KNOWING JESUS in fact it is the only way to know the only true God .
Pat

Rockford, IL

#229 Dec 30, 2012
People who try to come to God without accepting Jesus Christ as the way to God are deceiving themselves and they often try to deceive others also.
Jesus Christ is the Word of God. He is the very communication of God, and the revelation of God to man. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.(John 1:1-3)
Isaiah 7:14-"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Immanuel literally means "God with us").
To know GOD YOU HAVE TO KNOW JESUS
Hebrews 1:8-"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom."

Jude 25-"To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for ever. Amen."

“Believe & Salvation is yours”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#230 Dec 30, 2012
With a cup of coffee in hand and settled on the couch, my celebration begins. In my heart I dance and sing in celebration, and shout with joy for the gift that HE gave to all. The birth of Christ our savior.

You know...I need to get the grand kids over to make snow angles in the yard.

@@@@@@@@@@2

Father in Heaven....please direct thy Holy Spirit to guide this misguided soul known as "Boni" in this forum from the darkness of her worshiping of knowledge of the pagan gods. May Satan be turned away from her. In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Amen
Pat

Rockford, IL

#231 Dec 30, 2012
HopeReigns wrote:
With a cup of coffee in hand and settled on the couch, my celebration begins. In my heart I dance and sing in celebration, and shout with joy for the gift that HE gave to all. The birth of Christ our savior.
@@@@@@@@@@2
Father in Heaven....please direct thy Holy Spirit to guide this misguided soul known as "Boni" in this forum from the darkness of her worshiping of knowledge of the pagan gods. May Satan be turned away from her. In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Amen
Boni is a man Hope .

Location hidden

#232 Dec 30, 2012

@@@@@@@@@@

Correction below....making sure so there isn't a loop hole that he/she can squeeze out of. Thank you Pat

Father in Heaven....please direct thy Holy Spirit to guide this misguided soul known as "Boni" in this forum from the darkness of his/her worshiping of knowledge of the pagan gods. May Satan be turned away from him/her. In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Amen

“Surprised By Love”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#233 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
No. My whole point is that I caught you at an inconsistency.
How is you contradicting yourself *MY* fault?
What inconsistency did you think you caught me in?

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#234 Dec 30, 2012
On the mornings that I am awake early enough to watch the glory of the sun rising....I will wonder if Hope is watching the same sun coming up where she is :o)

I wasn't up that early this morning but when I did roll out of bed, I did happen to see male and female mourning doves, male and female cardinals, tons of goldfinch, sparrows, chickadees and tufted titmice crowded all around he feeders in the bright sunshine.

We have well over two feet of fresh new snow covering everything and with the blue skies this morning....it is quite spectacular to feast our eyes on. Our Creator has given us so much to enjoy! He deserves our constant praise!

Location hidden

#235 Dec 30, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
On the mornings that I am awake early enough to watch the glory of the sun rising....I will wonder if Hope is watching the same sun coming up where she is :o)
I wasn't up that early this morning but when I did roll out of bed, I did happen to see male and female mourning doves, male and female cardinals, tons of goldfinch, sparrows, chickadees and tufted titmice crowded all around he feeders in the bright sunshine.
We have well over two feet of fresh new snow covering everything and with the blue skies this morning....it is quite spectacular to feast our eyes on. Our Creator has given us so much to enjoy! He deserves our constant praise!
I had to laugh as a squirrel...you couldn't see him and then his head would pop up from the snow....then you didn't see him and he popped up in another place. He was like tunneling around a drift that surrounded an oak tree.

The skies are very grey and over caste here. But you know what Paul said to thank God for everything. That means the good and the bad right?

“Surprised By Love”

Location hidden

#236 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
No. My whole point is that I caught you at an inconsistency.
How is you contradicting yourself *MY* fault?
Disregard my earlier post, I figured out what you did. You were actually responding to Hope Reigns with your "Gotcha" comment, not me. I was just commenting on the condescending tone of your post. It seems to me that you are more interested in catching someone in some perceived inconsistency than in defending your beliefs.

I have noticed that is a pattern with you. You tend to look for some part of a post that you can misinterpret and make a big deal about, and then pretend you have scored some victory when you "catch" them in this "error".

How do you reconcile this behavior with the Watchtowers direction on how to treat non believers? WTS says:'It would be unscriptural for us to use disparaging terms when referring to ones who do not share our beliefs.'- 12-1-98 WT p. 15

Do you talk to the householders this way when you go door to door, or do you just use disparaging terms when you are on the internet?

LET GO AND LET GOD

#237 Dec 30, 2012
HopeReigns wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to laugh as a squirrel...you couldn't see him and then his head would pop up from the snow....then you didn't see him and he popped up in another place. He was like tunneling around a drift that surrounded an oak tree.
The skies are very grey and over caste here. But you know what Paul said to thank God for everything. That means the good and the bad right?
Your squirrel's antics remind me of the movie series "Ice Age" where the animals would do similar things, LOL!

As far as the good and the bad goes....how would we ever recognize the "good" if there were no "bad" to compare it to?

“Surprised By Love”

Location hidden

#238 Dec 30, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
That sounds beautiful Nedoba. It doesn't snow where I live, and that is fine with me, I lived 10 years in Colorado and had enough of snow, but it can be so beautiful, thanks for sharing. We have mourning doves where I live and I love the sound they make, It is so peaceful. I like to feed the birds too, the feeders are just outside my window, so my cat can watch "cat TV", we get a lot of gold finches, and the robins stop by to use our bubbler fountain to take a bath. It is beautiful here today, sunny and nice, but a little chilly, I hope to get out and go for a walk today and appreciate more of Jehovah's creation, hope you have a wonderful day.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#239 Dec 30, 2012
much happier now wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds beautiful Nedoba. It doesn't snow where I live, and that is fine with me, I lived 10 years in Colorado and had enough of snow, but it can be so beautiful, thanks for sharing. We have mourning doves where I live and I love the sound they make, It is so peaceful. I like to feed the birds too, the feeders are just outside my window, so my cat can watch "cat TV", we get a lot of gold finches, and the robins stop by to use our bubbler fountain to take a bath. It is beautiful here today, sunny and nice, but a little chilly, I hope to get out and go for a walk today and appreciate more of Jehovah's creation, hope you have a wonderful day.
We do have a large variety of feathered friends showing up here year after year. he mourning doves are rather a new addition....only began coming here to feed 2-3 years ago. We have a tiny white owl and a red-tailed hawk that I really enjoy seeing when they choose to make an appearance.

Later, I may just decide to venture outdoors myself and meander through the pristine snow :o)

Since: Feb 09

Raleigh, NC

#240 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I think it does matter. Which is why you dodged the questions.
Want to try it again for the umpteenth time? Using your Bible ...
- Where in the New Testament is the record of the date of the birth of Jesus?
- Where in the New Testament did Jesus give his birth any significance?
- Where in the New Testament did the apostles and disciples celebrate the birth of Jesus on an annual basis?
- Where in the New Testament was the decision made to hold the birth of Jesus on December 25 when a December month for his birth is not possible given other biblical clues and the historical evidence?
- Where in the New Testament was is permissible for Christians to hijack a pre-existing pagan festivity held on December 25, change the deities to Jesus, and make a "Christian" holiday?
I will see it again. None of that matters.

There is nothing wrong with traditions as long as they do not overstep the commands of God.

To set aside a certain day to celebrate the birth of Christ into the world is not a sin and there is nothing wrong with it.

You should know that.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#241 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! You like to read the Watchtower, eh?

LOL

I'll bet you'll like Wikipedia too. Remember that Saturnalia and Sol Invictus ran together.

Although probably the best-known Roman holiday, Saturnalia as a whole is not described from beginning to end in any single ancient source.... The renewal of light and the coming of the new year was celebrated in the later Roman Empire at the Dies Natalis of Sol Invictus, the "Birthday of the Unconquerable Sun," on December 25.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

Keep reading the Watchtower publications and Bon Appétit!

:D

PS:
Now you can't say you are ignorant of the pagan sources of Christmas. What you do now with regard to Christmas is INFORMED CONSENT.
So pagan is bad?
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#242 Dec 30, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
So pagan is bad?
Pagan is bad but the difference is that Christians aren't praising pagan Gods when they celebrate the birth of Christ. The following of false prophets are just as bad as paganism. Boni can consider that informed consent!

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Ashland, OH

#243 Dec 31, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> 1) Jesus NEVER said to worship him. 2) We are the only ones going door to door like he commanded.
3) What have you done for Jesus lately?
1. There are many instances in the new testament scriptures of Jesus being worshiped yet you have not provided even a single instance of Jesus correcting someone for doing so.

2. Jesus NEVER commanded people to go from door to door "preaching". He also never commanded people to go out selling uninspired magazines and books.

3. That's between He and I. I prefer not to blow my trumpet and falsify good deeds the way your religion does.

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Ashland, OH

#244 Dec 31, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
What you find specious is when I exposed your argument as so using the Bible and encyclopedia evidence.
False.

Every single specious claim you have made I have corrected by use of the bible. I understand your religion commands you to follow your clergy where they differ from the bible (extremely often) but as Christians we prefer bible principles.

In spite of all the hate and lies the Jehovah's Witnesses insist on aiming towards Christians, we will continue to honor, serve, and worship Jesus Christ in harmony with the biblical principles that have already been laid out on this thread and many others.

God is great and the scurrilous lies and hatred from the Watchtower cannot change that.

You would be greatly benefited by going back to the beginning of this thread and reviewing the great spiritual banquet you have been given and you would see that all your false notions have been corrected.

Location hidden

#245 Dec 31, 2012
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is dancing but you Boni and judging and stomping and snoting all over something GOD has neither commanded or condemned .Knowing the ONLY TRUE GOD REQUIRES KNOWING JESUS in fact it is the only way to know the only true God .
You are dancing around John 17:3. You don't speak admitting who Jesus is referring as "the only true God".

Say openly who Jesus is referring as "the only true God" in John 17:3.

C'mon, it's not difficult. You are making it that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Defending 607 15 min jad2017 7
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! (Aug '16) 41 min jad2017 1,276
Child Abuse Royal Commission Final Report 1 hr jad2017 10
What NAME does the NT magnify? 2 hr jad2017 447
PREACH to us, Churchoids! (Jun '17) 2 hr red blood relative 359
Thomas praised God and Christ! 2 hr red blood relative 117
Another REASON why the NWT is the best Bible ever! 2 hr Frindly 1,584
A Trinity Discussion for Bobby 4 hr rsss1 1,503
The Plain Truth About Christmas 5 hr jad2017 56
Are the Jehovah's Witnesses a Prophet? 6 hr ihveit 309