Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

To any Elder or former Elder. I am a baptized JW. I have been amature boxing in a combat gym, for several years. Not making any money on this. I actually pay to do this, lol. I do know that there is no tolerance for profesional boxing, disfellowshiping for this. But its been years since i have attended any meetings. Was going to go the Kingdom Hall for my childern. My question for this is, and I dont care if I got any preverliges, Elder, min, doing the prayer etc, Is amature boxing a disfellowshiping offence.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

You see its posters like this, that bend their knees to other men , and give them god-like authority over them

Scripture commands us " To stop becoming slaves of men"

If this fellow had any sense, his prayer would be to the true God in heaven

And his prayer to the true God Jehovah, in heaven would be for WISDOM , to know what the right decision for him to do , would be

But does he approach the true God in heaven for WISDOM...

No

He goes to men like himself on earth and asks..
" can you tell me what to do?"

How sickening and what a slave mentality.

“Houston, TX”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

little lamb wrote:
You see its posters like this, that bend their knees to other men , and give them god-like authority over them
Scripture commands us " To stop becoming slaves of men"
If this fellow had any sense, his prayer would be to the true God in heaven
And his prayer to the true God Jehovah, in heaven would be for WISDOM , to know what the right decision for him to do , would be
But does he approach the true God in heaven for WISDOM...
No
He goes to men like himself on earth and asks..
" can you tell me what to do?"
How sickening and what a slave mentality.
You should ask Jehovah to give you peace.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Why don't you visit your local JW meeting hall and request an audience with one of their elders. They may be able to answer your question.
Randall

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Well that is a very good point, I am on board with that. I didnt ask God because I dont think its bad. That being said there are other things that the JWs think are bad, but I dont and will disfelowship you for. What I would like to know, how do Elder view this. Most likely look down on it. I dont care if they do. But is it one of those disfellowshiping activites??
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

It comes down to a man having a clean conscience before God

i am glad that you , recognise that it is what you think , not what another thinks...

But I wpouldn't ask them..I would tell them, that you have asked the Father in prayer , and either your conscience is clear on the matter or you can tell them you have decided its wrong...either way its your decision to make..not theirs..

Its written..' Its not up to man who is walking to guide his own feet" So if its not up to man who is walking to guide his own feet, how foolish to let the man who can't guide his own feet guide yours..LOL..
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Self Righteous wrote:
<quoted text>
You should ask Jehovah to give you peace.
LOL..Let me share with you

Jehovah is real...A wonderful Father and extremly trustworthy

Its been my experience, and absolutely know for sure..that God gives us wisdom for ANY situation we are in..and he gives it without reproach

Knowing that for a fact , I can also share with you

" In everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be known to God, because he cares for you" is true..and he does, and the result of that is

" the peace of God the excels all thought will guard your hearts and mental powers by Christ Jesus "

He is the true God, and Jehovah and lives up to his promises ..Praise Jah

Your dead God "organization" just puts shackles on mens feet and takes away a mans dignity..with making a grown man grovel."Can I please sir...!!!"

“GOD'S TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

A SMALL VILLAGE IN UPSTATE NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Randall wrote:
Well that is a very good point, I am on board with that. I didnt ask God because I dont think its bad. That being said there are other things that the JWs think are bad, but I dont and will disfelowship you for. What I would like to know, how do Elder view this. Most likely look down on it. I dont care if they do. But is it one of those disfellowshiping activites??
If you choose to engage in ANY sports....you are an adult and you have the right to do as you want to.

My question is....why do you bring or send your children to sit through the WTS training and learn all the WTS propaganda....if you don't think enough of the organization's "unique beliefs" to follow them yourself?

WHY would you want your children to be absorbing these off-the-wall teachings and have them go through the ostracism they will most assuredly have to live with by their peers in school, etc?

Kids are only kids once....and their childhoods fly by quickly enough as it is. They are not miniature adults but KIDS that deserve to enjoy all there is to enjoy!

“GOD'S TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

A SMALL VILLAGE IN UPSTATE NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..Let me share with you
Jehovah is real...A wonderful Father and extremly trustworthy
Its been my experience, and absolutely know for sure..that God gives us wisdom for ANY situation we are in..and he gives it without reproach
Knowing that for a fact , I can also share with you
" In everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be known to God, because he cares for you" is true..and he does, and the result of that is
" the peace of God the excels all thought will guard your hearts and mental powers by Christ Jesus "
He is the true God, and Jehovah and lives up to his promises ..Praise Jah
Your dead God "organization" just puts shackles on mens feet and takes away a mans dignity..with making a grown man grovel."Can I please sir...!!!"
The self-appointed and self-exalting WTS governing body sucks the joy from even the most simple things....and in their place....keep hounding their devoted followers to "do more" concerning WTS pursuits and gaining recruits for their man-made organization.
Randall

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

There some very good points made here. Didn't think this question would take me down this road.
JaceI

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Ask your elders

They can give you the most up to date position held by the wt editorial staff
Randall

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

My original question was can a JW be disfellowhiped for amature combat boxing? Not getting paid for this or on TV in a match. Just working out at a MMA gym. Dont care if I dont run microphones or become an MS or Elder.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Randall wrote:
To any Elder or former Elder. I am a baptized JW. I have been amature boxing in a combat gym, for several years. Not making any money on this. I actually pay to do this, lol. I do know that there is no tolerance for profesional boxing, disfellowshiping for this. But its been years since i have attended any meetings. Was going to go the Kingdom Hall for my childern. My question for this is, and I dont care if I got any preverliges, Elder, min, doing the prayer etc, Is amature boxing a disfellowshiping offence.
Why would amateur boxing be any different to professional boxing? Its not about money. Its about damaging people with your fists.

***Ps 11:5 Jehovah examines the righteous, but the wicked and him who loves violence his soul hates.

*** Prov 3:31 Do not envy the man of violence. Choose none of his ways.

*** Prov 13:2 By the fruit of his lips, a man enjoys good things; but the unfaithful crave violence.
Randall

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Good point. But does not answer the question. Is amature boxing a disfellowshping offence/

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Hi randall,

Boxing, mma, judo, and any other combat training is discouraged...

But dont think it is a df offense... I have known of a baptised jw that trained at the mma gym and got his black belt... He never got dfed but was considered "weak"...

Im not a violent person... But would love to learn judo for self defense...
Randall

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

I am sure this all sounds violent, trainning in MMA, but no one gets hurt. Unless you apply in a real life situation. When a person trains at MMA, its self defence, again when your training with an partner you CANNOT fully apply, he signals you and you stop. Boxing its light to the head and hard to the body, lol, still its not like a fight you see on TV. In my mind and heart I dont find any of this violent.
What is the defination of violence. How about the gossip mill at the KH. It can pump out so much dirt and make many problems for people, what do you call that?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Randall wrote:
I am sure this all sounds violent, trainning in MMA, but no one gets hurt. Unless you apply in a real life situation. When a person trains at MMA, its self defence, again when your training with an partner you CANNOT fully apply, he signals you and you stop. Boxing its light to the head and hard to the body, lol, still its not like a fight you see on TV. In my mind and heart I dont find any of this violent.
What is the defination of violence. How about the gossip mill at the KH. It can pump out so much dirt and make many problems for people, what do you call that?
Verbal violence! Lol
remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would amateur boxing be any different to professional boxing? Its not about money. Its about damaging people with your fists.
***Ps 11:5 Jehovah examines the righteous, but the wicked and him who loves violence his soul hates.
*** Prov 3:31 Do not envy the man of violence. Choose none of his ways.
*** Prov 13:2 By the fruit of his lips, a man enjoys good things; but the unfaithful crave violence.
How about all the brothers and sisters that have been damaged by wrongfully being disfellowshiped?

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

remnant143999 wrote:
<quoted text>How about all the brothers and sisters that have been damaged by wrongfully being disfellowshiped?
Give me a break. Disfellowshipping is not permanent. Anyone wants to be reinstated can be reinstated.

And, frankly, it is hard to be *wrongfully* disfellowshipped considering only UNREPENTANT wrongdoers are disfellowshipped.

“the Word was God”

Since: Jul 11

Ashland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break. Disfellowshipping is not permanent. Anyone wants to be reinstated can be reinstated.
That doesn't excuse your leaders for condemning people unjustly, which happens extremely often.
Aneirin wrote:
And, frankly, it is hard to be *wrongfully* disfellowshipped considering only UNREPENTANT wrongdoers are disfellowshipped.
Lie.

You don't even have to actually sin to be disfellowshipped. You can be disfellowshipped and condemned to death simply for coming to know Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••