Why do JW's have problems
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#1 Nov 24, 2012
comprehending simple words like "generation"?
Watchman

London, KY

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Let’s take a quick look at these others that were not born of the will of God. I believe the first thing to note is that it is possible to be born into something yet not be born of God and think that you have received him and believed on His name. God qualified this through Jesus, by stating that (as many as received Him) and (even to them that believed on His Name) WHICH were born, not of the blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. He excluded 4 out of 5 classes of recruits. Interesting to note to say the least, so let’s briefly look them:
Birthed by blood- A natural birth by a woman and a man such as being born a male or female, ethnic such as a Jew or Gentile, generational such as a certain age; none of these are a qualifier of salvation.
Birthed by the will of man-( want to do right, don’t want to do wrong- desire to have relationship with good people and do good things etc… Local Church attendance and membership, a commitment to do right and not do wrong) no true conversion and conviction experience- there is no assurance present in the heart- no peace- and usually is accompanied with fear and uncertainty when death is threatened or imminent.
Birthed by the will of the flesh- Encouraged by others to change your life, coached by family and friends to make a decision: worldly sorrow or desperation leads to a decision to get saved- Local Church attendance and membership, a commitment to do right and not to do wrong- no true conversion and conviction experience- there is no assurance present in the heart- no peace- and usually is accompanied with a fear and uncertainty when death is threatened or imminent.
Birthed by the will of God- It is important to note on this, as it is the one that God qualified and passed for privileges. That an individual “cannot” be saved when they want to- It’s when the Father by the Spirit draws them.

UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#3 Nov 24, 2012
I asked:

Why do JW's have problems comprehending simple words like "generation"?

Post #2 is a classic example of why JW's have problems comprehending simple words like "generation" because their minds shut down when asked hard questions and they post rambling statements that are off topic in an attempt to divert attention away from the subject at hand.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#4 Nov 24, 2012

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 24, 2012
the mind says..it is the space of time between one generation..and the start of another.. AND or It is the life span of those who were born around the same time..
sick of the cult

Marlinton, WV

#6 Nov 24, 2012
UNchained wrote:
After all they have been through since 1914 they just do not readily know what the current gb definition of the word generation may be.

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#7 Nov 24, 2012
Maravilla wrote:
the mind says..it is the space of time between one generation..and the start of another.. AND or It is the life span of those who were born around the same time..
it was so embarrassing to see our old CO try to explain this, one could tell he just did not believe the new update himself, some in the KH put their head down, its utter nonesence.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#8 Nov 24, 2012
Watchman wrote:
Let’s take a quick look at these others that were not born of the will of God. I believe the first thing to note is that it is possible to be born into something yet not be born of God and think that you have received him and believed on His name. God qualified this through Jesus, by stating that (as many as received Him) and (even to them that believed on His Name) WHICH were born, not of the blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. He excluded 4 out of 5 classes of recruits. Interesting to note to say the least, so let’s briefly look them:
Birthed by blood- A natural birth by a woman and a man such as being born a male or female, ethnic such as a Jew or Gentile, generational such as a certain age; none of these are a qualifier of salvation.
Birthed by the will of man-( want to do right, don’t want to do wrong- desire to have relationship with good people and do good things etc… Local Church attendance and membership, a commitment to do right and not do wrong) no true conversion and conviction experience- there is no assurance present in the heart- no peace- and usually is accompanied with fear and uncertainty when death is threatened or imminent.
Birthed by the will of the flesh- Encouraged by others to change your life, coached by family and friends to make a decision: worldly sorrow or desperation leads to a decision to get saved- Local Church attendance and membership, a commitment to do right and not to do wrong- no true conversion and conviction experience- there is no assurance present in the heart- no peace- and usually is accompanied with a fear and uncertainty when death is threatened or imminent.
Birthed by the will of God- It is important to note on this, as it is the one that God qualified and passed for privileges. That an individual “cannot” be saved when they want to- It’s when the Father by the Spirit draws them.
i actually understood this post, watchman, and i agree.... most jws arn't drawn by spirit or born of spirit..... they are there for a variety of other reasons......you might not like this point though,... the ones who are actually drawn by spirit and born again, and then stand up for truth and justice, get kicked out.
so that leaves a whole organization full of zombies who dress up and pretend to love god for a variety of reasons.
they could care less if their leadership tells them generation means indefinate period of time.... its not an issue to them.... they like the club.
Watchman

London, KY

#9 Nov 25, 2012
red blood relative wrote:
<quoted text>
i actually understood this post, watchman, and i agree.... most jws arn't drawn by spirit or born of spirit..... they are there for a variety of other reasons......you might not like this point though,... the ones who are actually drawn by spirit and born again, and then stand up for truth and justice, get kicked out.
so that leaves a whole organization full of zombies who dress up and pretend to love god for a variety of reasons.
they could care less if their leadership tells them generation means indefinate period of time.... its not an issue to them.... they like the club.
It's the same way in most denominations. They search the scriptures thinking they are going to find eternal life, but they won't come to Him so He can give them eternal life which is to now the Father not know about Him. But to be intimate with Him in His Kingdom that He has given. When He lead the children of Israel out He wanted to bring them to Himself but they told Moses you hear Him and tell us what He said, He didn't call them out to put them a system of Church that is not the Church that He is raising up that the gates of hell can not prevail against them. It was for freedom that He made us free. As he is in this world so are we. TRUTH WILL MAKE YOU FREE not a system of belief of man.
JACE

Woodbridge, VA

#10 Nov 25, 2012
UNchained wrote:
I asked:
Post #2 is a classic example of why JW's have problems comprehending simple words like "generation" because their minds shut down when asked hard questions and they post rambling statements that are off topic in an attempt to divert attention away from the subject at hand.
lol

this is why we need some folks posting so that others can see the mindset

like i say

WE CAN'T MAKE UP this stuff
JACE

Woodbridge, VA

#11 Nov 25, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>it was so embarrassing to see our old CO try to explain this, one could tell he just did not believe the new update himself, some in the KH put their head down, its utter nonesence.
so true indeed

when the wt changed this dogma folks i knew who were trying to hold on to THE TRUTH just couldn't answer the question

it was like they were defeated or something and i was like
hey man NOW YOU UDERSTAND WHAT I WAS TELLING YOU they were just making up stuff on the fly
JACE

Woodbridge, VA

#12 Nov 25, 2012
sick of the cult wrote:
<quoted text>
After all they have been through since 1914 they just do not readily know what the current gb definition of the word generation may be.
great post
as one guy put it, jw are like dogs watching to go and FETCH THE WT DOGMA BALL

http://godoggoinc.com/

Since: Jan 12

United States

#13 Nov 25, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>it was so embarrassing to see our old CO try to explain this, one could tell he just did not believe the new update himself, some in the KH put their head down, its utter nonesence.
nonsense is correct.... then a few weeks later comes a nice article reminding everyone to "wait on jehovah", and he will fix any misunderstandings...."don 't run ahead".... "don't be a murmurer like korah".

see, the thing is, the jw gov body know exactly what they are doing..... you can't do a tricky cover up unless you know what you are covering up.......they know they self-appointed themselves to rule with a FAKE COMING OF JESUS.

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#14 Nov 25, 2012
red blood relative wrote:
<quoted text>
nonsense is correct.... then a few weeks later comes a nice article reminding everyone to "wait on jehovah", and he will fix any misunderstandings...."don 't run ahead".... "don't be a murmurer like korah".
see, the thing is, the jw gov body know exactly what they are doing..... you can't do a tricky cover up unless you know what you are covering up.......they know they self-appointed themselves to rule with a FAKE COMING OF JESUS.
they always use Korah insinuating it applies to everyone else except them, Korah was a leader and he gained followers which lead to their distruction, just like the GB they have sat themselves in the seat of Moses, the greater Moses is Jesus Christ not the GB. This is what apostates do they rebel against Christ and gain followers after themselves, and apostacy always starts from the top. It is the GB that have become just like Korah!(Heb. 1:1,2 3:2-6)
JACE

Woodbridge, VA

#15 Nov 25, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>they always use Korah insinuating it applies to everyone else except them, Korah was a leader and he gained followers which lead to their distruction, just like the GB they have sat themselves in the seat of Moses, the greater Moses is Jesus Christ not the GB. This is what apostates do they rebel against Christ and gain followers after themselves, and apostacy always starts from the top. It is the GB that have become just like Korah!(Heb. 1:1,2 3:2-6)
REMEBER THE DRAMA??

scared jw to death to say ANYTHING ABOUT THE WT EDITORIAL STAFF PUBLISHED material REGARDLESS of how asinine or goofy it may have been

you got to like them GB guys, they got it down to a science

tell folks if you dog our published books GOD WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR KIDS
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#16 Nov 26, 2012
sick of the cult wrote:
<quoted text>
When you consider that the Governing Body's definition of the word "generation" has undergone at least 5 and maybe 6 chnges since 1914 it's no wonder the poor JW's stay confused.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#17 Nov 26, 2012
JACE wrote:
<quoted text>
REMEBER THE DRAMA??
scared jw to death to say ANYTHING ABOUT THE WT EDITORIAL STAFF PUBLISHED material REGARDLESS of how asinine or goofy it may have been
you got to like them GB guys, they got it down to a science
tell folks if you dog our published books GOD WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR KIDS
But you have to admit that they have a set of steel testicles.

Who else can say, "Our literature is not inspired." and out of the other side of their mouths say, "Folks, this stuff is food from God at the PROPER time."

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#18 Nov 26, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>

Who else can say, "Our literature is not inspired." and out of the other side of their mouths say, "Folks, this stuff is food from God at the PROPER time."
The GB-adoring camp believe (and teach others) that their spiritual leaders are the only ones on earth being directed by the Holy Spirit, that they alone HAVE the truth and they can be trusted to PRINT the truth in their many publications.....but then the GB themselves say their writings are "not inspired" but contain lifesaving knowledge and ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE.

It's no wonder the poor jws are confused.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#19 Nov 26, 2012
To believe men over the bible shows how brainwashed they have become. You try to show them over and over that no place in the bible says we must belong to any religion or any organization to be saved, but that we need to believe in Jesus Christ. Their teachings are not biblical but they still believe them just because some MEN tell them to. If its not in the bible, DO NOT believe it.
Cold Wisconsin

Merrill, WI

#20 Nov 26, 2012
I think most JW"s are aware of this dangerous cult is NOT coming from GOD and if they are Honest in which MOST are NOT, they will see and speak up against the MANY lies that the Perverted GB spreads among the cult followers.

I know many times deep down I knew that the GB was not telling the truth about a many things they put in their books and dogmas but I just never said anything until I was ready to leave... I was too affraid to just like MANY jw'w now who still are involved with this very dangerous cult..

There are SOME who are willing to speak up against the cult ONLY in Private and with people they can trust will NOT go running to the Perverted ELDERS and tattle tale against people whom speak the truth about whats really going on in this dangerous cult.

Many are too affraid of Disfellowshipping and the ELders and will Not speak up, however its a no wonder MOST suffer from depression and commit SUICIDE and crimes and become violent or sevearlly depressed and get instatutionalized and need much care..

Jw's are a very very dangerous cult to be involved with and need ASAP help in helping others to get out of this dangerous cult..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The location of Eden (paradise) 7 min sidgi 1
News Why banning the Jehovah's Witnesses won't work ... 11 min Sparlock 104
Are tattoos OK for JW's 23 min Matt9969 147
Michael is A GOD? 30 min Matt9969 47
Is Jesus Coequal with the Father? 43 min Udere 1,328
Amplified Bible Matt 24:34 generation 52 min sidgi 3
Hebrews 1:3 (and 2 and 1 and 4) 1 hr Tony Price 77 75
God Used To Have A Soul 17 hr rsss1 84
More from around the web