First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Carly

Moultrie, GA

#1 Aug 19, 2013
mention of the true religion that the Bible describes.

The anti Jehovah Witnesses here have yet to produce the true religion, that the Holy Bible speaks of.

Spoiler alert. You anti Jehovah Witnesses can't because it is the Jehovah Witnesses.

Oh, and claiming you're a Jehovah's Witness because you know his name or can say his name, does not count.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 19, 2013
Carly wrote:
Oh, and claiming you're a Jehovah's Witness because you know his name or can say his name, does not count.
that's for sure! just look at the so called JW on here and there is you answer.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#3 Aug 19, 2013
Carly wrote:
The anti Jehovah Witnesses here have yet to produce the true religion, that the Holy Bible speaks of.
Spoiler alert. You anti Jehovah Witnesses can't because it is the Jehovah Witnesses.
Why can't every religion be untrue? Thought of that...
And why do you have to know the right answer in order to know what the wrong answers are.
art

London, UK

#4 Aug 19, 2013
Thoughts, words and are not reality just conceptual idea's in the brain.
That's why there are so many religions. all just thoughts someone made up.

Good story tellers have always been around and still are
Some of the watchtower writing is a real Hoot
and reminds me of the books i read in kinder-garden,
and having visited a K/H a few times that exactly as it looked like a school for non too bright 10 years old.
We'll ask you a question and because you're all too dense to know we have written the answer for you to underline and read out.
If these are the people who will be running things in paradise earth after Armageddon
god help them

Since: Aug 12

Bradford, UK

#5 Aug 19, 2013
Carly wrote:
True religion is not in a sect; some club you join and abide by the rules at some gathering, it's within you - you live it. You must worship in spirit and truth, not at the mountain or temple of denomination "XYZ". John 4:19-21

Your search for the true religion or the "kingdom of God" will go on indefinitely if you're looking at material followings of ceremonial rituals and human interpretations of the "word of God". Things of human leadership.

(Luke 17:20, 21) "...The Kingdom of God does not come with what is observed, They can't say,'Here it is!' or 'There it is!' You see, the kingdom of God is within you."

The real religion is not about a cult following (sectarianism), it's about following what Jesus FUNDAMENTALLY taught.

(Luke 6:46) "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and don't do what I tell you?

(John 13:34) "I'm giving you a new commandment: Love each other in the same way that I have loved you.

(Matthew 5:46, 47) If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that.

You cannot call yourself a servant of God merely by proclaiming that you are a "child of Abraham" (e.g. "well I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses" or "I am a baptist"). You aren't saved by the denomination you belong to, but by your individual living faith, following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ who served others and gave up his life for them.

You don't prove yourself a disciple of Jesus by your vast amount of knowledge or "understanding" or by your ability to proselytise - the proof is in the pudding (your actions towards all, even your enemies). John 13:35, Matthew 7:21-23

Bradford, UK

#6 Aug 19, 2013
True religion that Jesus promoted is about letting your light shine all the time, each and every day. This light is not your own light, rather, like a diamond it is a reflection of the source of light -our heavenly Father.

Our job is to become like little reflectors of God's love, just as his Son Jesus did while on earth.
Garner Ted Armstrong

Monticello, NY

#7 Aug 19, 2013
Steady! A certain person has the uncanny ability of being able to wind you up like a spring today, and they may not even need to use words since their body language or general behavior will be just as controversial. Before you completely lose your cool, ask yourself why they're determined to get you to rise to the bait and then don't give them the satisfaction of watching it happen.
Carly

Moultrie, GA

#8 Aug 21, 2013
So essentially you all are saying there is no religion on earth today? There is no or are no congregations? The Bible speaks of congregations but you believe God didn't want us to congregate?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#9 Aug 21, 2013
Why are you here? Are you just looking to pick a fight Carly?

Are you curious as to what life and a relationship with your creator looks like absent the WT?

Bradford, UK

#10 Aug 21, 2013
Carly wrote:
So essentially you all are saying there is no religion on earth today? There is no or are no congregations? The Bible speaks of congregations but you believe God didn't want us to congregate?
Congregating in and of itself does not prove one has the "true religion". What good is a label without the fruits to prove it?

People are always putting the cart before the horse. It all goes back to the whole "we are Abraham's children" mentality (delusion). Spirituality without religion is better than a religion without spirituality.
Carly

Moultrie, GA

#11 Aug 21, 2013
Kevin 321 wrote:
Why are you here? Are you just looking to pick a fight Carly?
Are you curious as to what life and a relationship with your creator looks like absent the WT?
I'm looking for you anti Jehovah Witnesses to present the true relgion the Bible speaks of, if it isn't the Jehovah Witnesses.
Carly

Moultrie, GA

#12 Aug 21, 2013
Brother P wrote:
<quoted text>
Congregating in and of itself does not prove one has the "true religion". What good is a label without the fruits to prove it?
People are always putting the cart before the horse. It all goes back to the whole "we are Abraham's children" mentality (delusion). Spirituality without religion is better than a religion without spirituality.
By their fruits, you will recognize those men. Who are those men, if not the Jehovah Witnesses?

Location hidden

#13 Aug 21, 2013
Carly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking for you anti Jehovah Witnesses to present the true relgion the Bible speaks of, if it isn't the Jehovah Witnesses.
Ohhhhhh....you mean you are looking for the true gospel? Gotcha. I understand now.

Here. Simple enough.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
New King James Version (NKJV)

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#14 Aug 21, 2013
Carly wrote:
<quoted text>
The true religion is to look after widows and orphans in their tribulation

But if you are looking for the WAY then it is found in Jesus Christ...

If you are looking for truth, then its found in Christ Jesus

if you are looking for life, then it is found in Christ Jesus

that is why scripture tells us Colossians 1 [28]' he is the one we are publishing , admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom , that we might present every complete in union with Christ."

Can not find in scripture that we are to present every man in union with an organization..but only with a person that Jehovah sent...Jesus Christ.
Carly

Moultrie, GA

#15 Aug 21, 2013
Kevin 321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhhhh....you mean you are looking for the true gospel? Gotcha. I understand now.
Here. Simple enough.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
New King James Version (NKJV)
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures
Since Adam sinned we were to leave God and worship Jesus?
Carly

Moultrie, GA

#16 Aug 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
The true religion is to look after widows and orphans in their tribulation
But if you are looking for the WAY then it is found in Jesus Christ...
If you are looking for truth, then its found in Christ Jesus
if you are looking for life, then it is found in Christ Jesus
that is why scripture tells us Colossians 1 [28]' he is the one we are publishing , admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom , that we might present every complete in union with Christ."
Can not find in scripture that we are to present every man in union with an organization..but only with a person that Jehovah sent...Jesus Christ.
The disciples were in union with Jesus but they and Jesus, worshipped God.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#17 Aug 21, 2013
Also scripture states that Jesus is the mediator of a new covenant

The organization as a false Christ takes the new covenant away from rank and file

However Paul states 2Corinthians 3 [6][God] who has adequately qualified us to be ministers of a new covenant , not of a written code but of the spirit , for the written code condemns to death but the spirit makes alive.'

The organization is not qualified by God to be ministers of a new covenant..because they have never imitated Paul in ministering to any of us a new covenant..

but thanks to God Jesus mediates it for us and Paul has ministered it to us....You have just wandered off with the organization in apostasy against Gods word, his new covenant message, he sent Jesus with ..as messenger of the covenant.

You think because you have the numbers this makes you right..but God stated " the love of the greater number will cool off.'
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#18 Aug 21, 2013
Carly wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there is only one God THE FATHER..Jehovah , and one mediator , between God and men..Jesus Christ..there is not 144,000 mediators.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 21, 2013
Carly wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Adam sinned we were to leave God and worship Jesus?
Bended or broken knee, one way or another.

But nobody is asking you to "leave God".

Location hidden

#20 Aug 21, 2013
Carly wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Carly. I really want you to research these simple passages. Please dont knee-jerk react and say what comes off the top of your head.

The greek rendering is "The Lord of me and the God of me". Study it, and give us your best explanation. Its a good start.

John 20:24-29
King James Version (KJV)

24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forget the fact. 2 min imagoodboy 310
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 3 min Matt13weedhacker 25,199
News Jehovah's Witnesses 'demonstrated a serious fai... 3 min ukguy61 181
News Why Jehovah's Witnesses refuse army service 19 min Veritas 69 364
Jesus taught this?!? 38 min BetheljudgmentDan... 5
What do JW want? 42 min Veritas 69 336
Are Non JW's Aware of the 1975 Debacle? 1 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 170
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 2 hr ihveit 1,266
Where in the bible is smoking a ds offense? 4 hr GreatSouthbay4040 321
Are Jehovah's witnesses Hated? 10 hr dee lightful 392