**WOW. GOVERNING BODY is now THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE.

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 64
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 6, 2012
Sorry for the headline, just got the news. I haven't confirmed it myself but apparently this was the "new light" at the annual meeting.

How long have we been saying that the F&DS, even if true, were functionally neutered because the GB was really the final word on doctrine and instruction? And the apologists would throw things like "well they can submit things/ there are anointed at bethel acting as the fds/ etc." Now, not even these apologetics are enough for the Governing Body themselves - because they disagree with it. THEY are indeed the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Holy. Shit. Excuse my language but I didn't think they would do this in my lifetime!

If this is true, I don't even want to hear how people will scramble to explain this, please realize what you're standing for now. I have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with what might happen in terms of defectors and cracking down on them...

Of course, if you find this hard news, please wait for the official confirmation. I was just shocked...as should everyone be if this is true.

Wowowowowow.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#2 Oct 6, 2012
as a person who has never been ajw.. could you explain what this will mean? thank you.
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#3 Oct 6, 2012
This is really going to upset Point and array :-)
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#4 Oct 6, 2012
is the beginning of the end of this org?
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#5 Oct 6, 2012
unlisted wrote:
is the beginning of the end of this org?
No, but it is going to ruffle some feathers :-)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 6, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
This is really going to upset Point and array :-)
why would it upset me dear, and what do I have in common with point! if your going to mention me make your point.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 6, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
This is really going to upset Point and array :-)
by the BS your mate NR sings the praises of point, not me, take it up with her, she thinks hes wonderful.

If you want to have a biblical discussion on the FDS and GB fire away.

Not on of you on here have been able to answer scriptually why only the GB has been appointed over all of Christs belongings, approved by Christ while the rest of the anointed have not been approved.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Oh and I forgot, this would also cause MASSIVE problems with the whole idea that they were inspected in 1919 - there, uh, was no governing body at that time. This will be interesting...
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>why would it upset me dear, and what do I have in common with point! if your going to mention me make your point.
It will upset both of you because you two try to undermine the authority of the GB, which is one of the main tactics of apostates, and this new light will make you two despise the GB even more.
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#11 Oct 6, 2012
array wrote:
...Not on of you on here have been able to answer scriptually why only the GB has been appointed over all of Christs belongings, approved by Christ while the rest of the anointed have not been approved.
The GB will probably explain this in an upcoming Watchtower.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
<quoted text>
It will upset both of you because you two try to undermine the authority of the GB, which is one of the main tactics of apostates, and this new light will make you two despise the GB even more.
the GB is not scriptual that is why, and they as they claim to be reps of the FDS but are the only ones approved over Christs belongings is also not scriptual, how can only a few be approved already over all his belongings, and not the rest, its wicked really.

Is this scriptual, is it. That is what you need to consider what Gods word says.

If this is true then it should be a wake up call for all JW that really put Gods word first, these things are being revealed for a reason. I don't hate anyone but I hate the apostacy of this GB.

It appears that the members of the present Governing Body* are positioning themselves as the only "genuinely" anointed ones, and thus as the only ones having authority to "oversee the Kingdom work and the spiritual feeding program." When we remember that Jesus had to remind his disciples on several occasions that none of them was greater than the other, but rather "all you are brothers," and that Jehovah "is not partial," we must apply what the 2009 Watchtower, Study Edition, says regarding any "spirit-anointed" ones also to the Governing Body members themselves, if indeed they are "truly" anointed. Their heavenly reward would likewise be only "an invitation," as they too "must remain faithful until death in order to obtain this prize." (Actually, instead of merely receiving a "wonderful invitation," Paul says that they are sealed with the holy spirit, as a token in advance of their inheritance.--1 Cor. 1:21,22; Eph. 1:13,14) They too cannot "demand special attention." They too should "not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the 'great crowd' may have." They also should "not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the 'other sheep' have." Neither should they "expect special treatment," or "claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation." Jesus admonished his disciples with the words: "Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (Matt. 23:8, 12; Acts 10:34) This would necessarily apply also to any Governing Body, individually and as a whole. How apropos Paul's words: "Not that we [have the audacity to] venture to class or [even to] compare ourselves with some who exalt and furnish testimonials for themselves! However, when they measure themselves with themselves and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding and behave unwisely. For [it is] not [the man] who praises and commends himself who is approved and accepted, but [it is the person] whom the Lord accredits and commends." (2 Cor. 10:12, 18; Amplified Bible)

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#13 Oct 6, 2012
Notes I found on the net:

1. They gave highlights regarding the "Special Metropolitan Public Witnessing Program". This is a special project they started in Manhattan. The jw.org website has had some information about what this project is. They have so far placed 79000 books, 38,000 magazines and 2,700 Bibles studies. It was announced that this program has been very successful and therefore approved. They will be sending information to the branches with guidelines on how to set this up in their Countries and also letters will go out to all congregations regarding this too. The same posters and set up equipment used in this project can also be ordered

2. There was a short video that showed how the animated videos were created and a few letters from kids and families regarding their appreciation for it. One letter was read about a family with a 17 year old son that is autistic and this has caused him to have a obsession with collecting DVD's. Its been very hard for the family to reason with him regarding certain DVD's that the parents did not approve of. It was almost impossible to reason with him and at times he would get aggressive verbally and even physically. But after he watched the new video he on his own threw out some of his DVD collection that contained some magial themes. The parents were shocked and of course very happy that he was able to respond to this DVD. Also, as was mentioned at the convention, future videos will be available on the jw.org website. Each month there will be a new 1 minute short lesson or a new song. And then occasionally there will be a longer version like the DVD from the convention. They played the 1 minute video that will be released in January.

3. Yearly Text for 2013: Joshua 1:9

4. Also!! Next years Annual Meeting will also be tied into select Assembly halls in the US and some other English speaking countries. It will not be translated into other languages.

5. Now the big stuff. New Light: There were 6 talks by the governing body that lasted for 2 hours. It was a change in understanding of Matthew 24:45-47. The change is our understanding of who the Faithful and Discreet Slave are and when they were appointed. Also who/what are the domestics and belongings. Here is the sum up and of course there will be articles coming out in the Watchtower:

Because of the context of this chapter which is talking about 1914 onward it is not longer felt that the FDS was appointed in 33 CE. So verse 45 mentions the appointment of the FDS and this happened in 1919 after the cleansing of the organization. Who are the FDS?: is "a small group of anointed brothers during Jesus presence serving at Headquarters who are directly involved in the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food." This is in line with the scriptural example of how Jehovah has always used a small group of people to teach and dispense spiritual food to the many. In the 1st century not all of the anointed were involved with dispensing spiritual food, it was only the apostles and older men (governing body) that did so. So it is no longer the thinking that all anointed are part of FDS. Only those directly used to impart spiritual food. And the point was made that this does not mean the individual members of the GB are the FDS. They only act as the FDS when they are working as a collective body and making decisions regarding the dispensing of spiritual food.

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#14 Oct 6, 2012
cont:

Found on the net

Who are the Domestics: All who are fed spiritually whether anointed or of the other sheep.(guess we of the other sheep got a promotion from 'belongings' to Domestics!

What about verse 46 & 47? It says: 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings. verse 46 mentions Jesus 'arriving'. This is not in 1919 when he appointed the FDS but when Jesus comes during the Great Tribulation. This is based on the fact that the greek word for'arriving' is similar to those in verse 30 & 42 that mention Jesus'''coming'.

So what are the belongings? Previously it was thought that this dealt with the earth only. But the scripture is not that specific. So the belongings include the heavenly and earthly interests. The authority over the belongings will be given after the anointed receive their reward in heaven. So all of the anointed will eventually be given this authority.

“the truth will set you free...”

Since: Nov 10

Houston, TX

#15 Oct 7, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
Notes I found on the net:
1. They gave highlights regarding the "Special Metropolitan Public Witnessing Program". This is a special project they started in Manhattan. The jw.org website has had some information about what this project is. They have so far placed 79000 books, 38,000 magazines and 2,700 Bibles studies. It was announced that this program has been very successful and therefore approved. They will be sending information to the branches with guidelines on how to set this up in their Countries and also letters will go out to all congregations regarding this too. The same posters and set up equipment used in this project can also be ordered
2. There was a short video that showed how the animated videos were created and a few letters from kids and families regarding their appreciation for it. One letter was read about a family with a 17 year old son that is autistic and this has caused him to have a obsession with collecting DVD's. Its been very hard for the family to reason with him regarding certain DVD's that the parents did not approve of. It was almost impossible to reason with him and at times he would get aggressive verbally and even physically. But after he watched the new video he on his own threw out some of his DVD collection that contained some magial themes. The parents were shocked and of course very happy that he was able to respond to this DVD. Also, as was mentioned at the convention, future videos will be available on the jw.org website. Each month there will be a new 1 minute short lesson or a new song. And then occasionally there will be a longer version like the DVD from the convention. They played the 1 minute video that will be released in January.
3. Yearly Text for 2013: Joshua 1:9
4. Also!! Next years Annual Meeting will also be tied into select Assembly halls in the US and some other English speaking countries. It will not be translated into other languages.
5. Now the big stuff. New Light: There were 6 talks by the governing body that lasted for 2 hours. It was a change in understanding of Matthew 24:45-47. The change is our understanding of who the Faithful and Discreet Slave are and when they were appointed. Also who/what are the domestics and belongings. Here is the sum up and of course there will be articles coming out in the Watchtower:
Because of the context of this chapter which is talking about 1914 onward it is not longer felt that the FDS was appointed in 33 CE. So verse 45 mentions the appointment of the FDS and this happened in 1919 after the cleansing of the organization. Who are the FDS?: is "a small group of anointed brothers during Jesus presence serving at Headquarters who are directly involved in the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food." This is in line with the scriptural example of how Jehovah has always used a small group of people to teach and dispense spiritual food to the many. In the 1st century not all of the anointed were involved with dispensing spiritual food, it was only the apostles and older men (governing body) that did so. So it is no longer the thinking that all anointed are part of FDS. Only those directly used to impart spiritual food. And the point was made that this does not mean the individual members of the GB are the FDS. They only act as the FDS when they are working as a collective body and making decisions regarding the dispensing of spiritual food.
Quote from something official. Any brain-dead drone can fish for internet garbage and pull gibberish out of his ass.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16 Oct 7, 2012
" The GB will probably explain this in an upcoming Watchtower. "

This is what's weird about the whole thing. Your explanations are now obsolete so you are to remain silent on the matter until the GB explains it to you. We're in a weird place of limbo.

But I thought the whole thing was scriptural? If it was, you'd be able to explain it yourself.
Tao itness

United States

#17 Oct 7, 2012
As more and more critisism is coming from others of the so called annointed,they are taking their position away and centrilising power. This was the only thing that made them unique from other high control groups-not that the world wide annointed ever had any real input in their teachings. But at least when one would write them they gave it special consideration. Now they can ignore them totally like they do the rest of the brothers.
Tao itness

United States

#18 Oct 7, 2012
Whats interesting is that it is spelled out that JWS beleive in a third coming of Jesus,even thogh its a lie. The diciples said tsighn of His arrival and the end,knowing that Christs arrival causes the great trbulation,this was even the JW beleif for decades until they realised their teaching didnt coinside with truth,so they made a third coming. Even tho the Bible consistantly shows His arrival brings the day of the Lord and the end of the age. They put their teachings above Gods word. Sickening!
Tao itness

United States

#19 Oct 7, 2012
Red Davis wrote:
" The GB will probably explain this in an upcoming Watchtower. "
This is what's weird about the whole thing. Your explanations are now obsolete so you are to remain silent on the matter until the GB explains it to you. We're in a weird place of limbo.
But I thought the whole thing was scriptural? If it was, you'd be able to explain it yourself.
Hasnt it always been so? When jesus spoke of the times of the gentile in Luke He placed it in future tense,and clearly was reffering to the temple destruction in 70 AD yet they twist it to mean the destruction in 607BC so it would end in 1914. Yet no one reading Jesus words would EVER come to that conclusion. Also they claim MT 24 HAS been fulfilled while overlooking the second half that no one can point to this as happening,basically a world wide persecusion. Even the JWS with all their effort havent made a dent with the good news in the muslim and Hindu world-about a quarter of the worlds population! Even tho Christ warned about those who would say the due time has approached and afterword said all these things would be happening at once! They have fabricated a false arrival of Jesus and the sighn of the end in spite of scriptures saying different. Thats why you cant miss a meeting,they have to drill their veiwpoint into youre head over and over and over so they can drown out the truth and convince you they have the truth. Its called brainwashing. They also teach thought stopping by scaring people that doubting them is doubting God and youre eternal life is at stake. They use every trick that mind control groups use. The us Vs them technique. The we have special knowledge trick. Their are 10-12 textbook techniques they use. Steve Hassan is an author that is a former moonie and every trick they use along with the other cults he has studied,is identical to the JW leadership!
Tao itness

United States

#20 Oct 7, 2012
Also whats facinating is most of these tecniques were started by Rutherford who,by all accounts,has the psyce of a cult leader. His top man Knorr carried these on and perfected them.

Since: Jun 11

Perth, Australia

#21 Oct 7, 2012
Tao itness wrote:
Thats why you cant miss a meeting,they have to drill their veiwpoint into youre head over and over and over so they can drown out the truth and convince you they have the truth. Its called brainwashing. They also teach thought stopping by scaring people that doubting them is doubting God and youre eternal life is at stake. They use every trick that mind control groups use. The us Vs them technique. The we have special knowledge trick. Their are 10-12 textbook techniques they use. Steve Hassan is an author that is a former moonie and every trick they use along with the other cults he has studied,is identical to the JW leadership!
And as we are now seeing with the change of identity of the F&DS they continue their games by
- just as a JW may have grasped a concept they suddenly change it, causing the JW to scratch his head and perform mental tricks to try to understand the new teaching.
- finding new ways of holding onto control

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 64
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Logic that baffles apostates. 11 min Marc 110
Gareth finally admits: "THE WTS IS ALL ABOUT PR... 18 min array 12
GB intellectual dishonesty! 42 min array 90
So PROUD to have been DUPED: churchoids 58 min happy to be here 4
Can ANY churchoid reason with me on THIS one? 1 hr Nsk14 29
Do Jehovah's witnesses believe in Jesus for sal... 1 hr Marc 771
New Subliminal Demon in hair 1 hr artcritic 1
A second group! 4 hr little lamb 137
Candace Conti/WT Update 5 hr Covered 102
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 7 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 3,166
More from around the web