'God-the-Son' - believe it?

“EXPOSING CHURCHianity!”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#25 Aug 26, 2013
Me Male.
YOU?

BTW, do you now believe the 'immortal soul' dogma?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#26 Aug 26, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Any comments regarding the term, or the idea of, "God the Son" not being found in Scripture?
I know you can think of a dozen diversions even as you read this but I'd like you to direct your attention to this problem instead. Particularly since this term is only part of the overall Trinity claim that the Trinity is composed of "God the Father" + "God the Son" + "God the Holy Ghost" and that these combine to form One God.
Please provide us with the location where we can read directly from the Bible this explicit Trinity defining verse.
:)
When you show me the scripture that says Jesus is Michael, I will show you the one that mentions the trinity.:)

Now remember, it has to be explicit in saying that Jesus is Michael.

And while you are at it, show me the explicit scriptures that tell me I must follow a group of men for my salvation, and I MUST be a JW to be saved.

Location hidden

#27 Aug 26, 2013
Now I will wait on your response because now I have to leave and take my 20 year old cat to the vet. I know that don't mean much to you, but she is part of this family, and she may not come back with us if the doctor puts her to sleep to do surgery.

Remember that Jesus loves you all and wants you all to come to him before it is to late. Have you felt his call yet? Open the door and let him come into your life.

Location hidden

#28 Aug 26, 2013
the Mad JW wrote:
Me Male.
YOU?
BTW, do you now believe the 'immortal soul' dogma?
Thank you for the answer, I am female of course.

Do I believe that when I die my soul will go to heaven, yes?

Bye now.:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#29 Aug 26, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
When you show me the scripture that says Jesus is Michael, I will show you the one that mentions the trinity.:)
Now remember, it has to be explicit in saying that Jesus is Michael.
And while you are at it, show me the explicit scriptures that tell me I must follow a group of men for my salvation, and I MUST be a JW to be saved.
Still with the diversions when I asked you not to?

Besides, Jesus being Michael is a Trinitarian red herring because whatever Michael is has no bearing on the Trinity.

I've already shown you Scripture that Jesus is head of the church. If you don't want to be in a church, that's not my problem. And this is another red herring because church or no church also has no bearing on the Trinity.

Instead of thinking of all the diversions you can make in this discussion, wouldn't it have been easier and take up less time to simply state the explicit Trinity teaching verse from the Bible and be done with it?

Unless you already know the answer and don't want to admit that your answer to the request for Biblical Trinity proof is an empty zero.

Location hidden

#30 Aug 26, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
Now I will wait on your response because now I have to leave and take my 20 year old cat to the vet. I know that don't mean much to you, but she is part of this family, and she may not come back with us if the doctor puts her to sleep to do surgery.
Remember that Jesus loves you all and wants you all to come to him before it is to late. Have you felt his call yet? Open the door and let him come into your life.
What does anyone have against your sick cat? I think everyone here hopes your cat does well.

20 years is an amazing long age for a cat. You've done well to keep him or her alive for that long.

And remember that God is the Father. And He sent his only begotten Son so that any who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Location hidden

#31 Aug 26, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Still with the diversions when I asked you not to?
Besides, Jesus being Michael is a Trinitarian red herring because whatever Michael is has no bearing on the Trinity.
I've already shown you Scripture that Jesus is head of the church. If you don't want to be in a church, that's not my problem. And this is another red herring because church or no church also has no bearing on the Trinity.
Instead of thinking of all the diversions you can make in this discussion, wouldn't it have been easier and take up less time to simply state the explicit Trinity teaching verse from the Bible and be done with it?
Unless you already know the answer and don't want to admit that your answer to the request for Biblical Trinity proof is an empty zero.
Like I said, when you show me that Jesus is Michael from the bible, then we will talk.:) I noticed you cant do it.
There is no biblical proof for it is there? I cant prove from the bible about the trinity, I am not that wise yet, but I can say that when it was shown to me, it made perfect sense. Now if you want to argue trinity with someone, you will have to find someone who can argue it better than I can. But you see, the trinity is explained and shown in the same manner as Jesus being Michael. ;)

Location hidden

#32 Aug 26, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
What does anyone have against your sick cat? I think everyone here hopes your cat does well.
20 years is an amazing long age for a cat. You've done well to keep him or her alive for that long.
And remember that God is the Father. And He sent his only begotten Son so that any who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
I never said anyone had anything against my sick cat, but I said, I know that don't mean much to HIM. He wouldn't seem to care if it was me taking a sick child to the doctor with his attitude.:)

She is actually 22 year old. She will be having surgery next Tuesday, and we do hope she makes it through okay.

John 1

King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yes, I know all about the "a" and the JW teachings. But I am sorry to disagree with that, but I do believe this is the best translations of the scripture.

“EXPOSING CHURCHianity!”

Seattle, WA

#33 Aug 26, 2013
So, you believe in God-the-Word, and that Jesus never died.

Yawn.

Same old church coprolite.
You've fulfilled Peter's words-

2 Pet 2:20- For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21- For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22-But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.- KJV

“EXPOSING CHURCHianity!”

Seattle, WA

#34 Aug 26, 2013
BTW- for the REST of you, Jesus is described as speaking as Archangel...and he is NOT God (except as His Spokesman, or Word)...so anyone who can actually THINK realizes Jesus is the LEADER of God's Messengers (angels), thus has had the Title Archangel- altho now he is far MORE, as the King of Kings!

Location hidden

#35 Aug 27, 2013
MADJW, the bible also says that Jesus said he and the father are one, don't you believe the bible, or do you pick and chose the parts you believe? If you believe that Jesus is a created angel then he is really no better than us is he? After all, we are created to.

I did not say Jesus never died, those are your words, please don't say things I have not said, that is dishonest of you.

Jesus lowered himself and came to earth as a man to die for us.

Philippians 2:5-8: "Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross."

Location hidden

#36 Aug 27, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, when you show me that Jesus is Michael from the bible, then we will talk.:) I noticed you cant do it.
There is no biblical proof for it is there? I cant prove from the bible about the trinity, I am not that wise yet, but I can say that when it was shown to me, it made perfect sense. Now if you want to argue trinity with someone, you will have to find someone who can argue it better than I can. But you see, the trinity is explained and shown in the same manner as Jesus being Michael. ;)
BOTH MICHAEL AND JESUS ARE REFERRED TO AS THE ARCHANGEL.

NIV Jude 9 But even ***THE ARCHANGEL*** Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

NIV 1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of ***THE ARCHANGEL*** and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the Trinity but there you are.

Now. Getting back to the question you dodged:

Please provide us with the location where we can read directly from the Bible the explicit Trinity defining verse where God is composed of "God the Father" + "God the Son" + "God the Holy Ghost".

Or do you have more dodges and excuses to employ?

“EXPOSING CHURCHianity!”

Seattle, WA

#37 Aug 27, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
MADJW, the bible also says that Jesus said he and the father are one, don't you believe the bible, or do you pick and chose the parts you believe?
So, Karen- you take that to mean Jesus is the Father as WELL as the son- and that he prayed to Himself?

Location hidden

#38 Aug 27, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anyone had anything against my sick cat, but I said, I know that don't mean much to HIM. He wouldn't seem to care if it was me taking a sick child to the doctor with his attitude.:)
So if no one said anything against your cat, then stop imputing bad motives on others simply because they have disagreements with you in other areas.
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
She is actually 22 year old. She will be having surgery next Tuesday, and we do hope she makes it through okay.
Me too.

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Yes, I know all about the "a" and the JW teachings. But I am sorry to disagree with that, but I do believe this is the best translations of the scripture.
And you all should know that the "a" is justified because there is no definite article in front of theos in John 1:1c. The construct of that verse signifies predication rather than identification. The "a" would make that predication much clearer but it isn't due to translation bias bowing to orthodoxy.

Emphatic Diaglott John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and a god was the Word.

http://archive.org/details/emphaticdiaglott00...

(Actual book facsimile. See page 303 in the interlinear reading for the literal translation.)

“EXPOSING CHURCHianity!”

Seattle, WA

#39 Aug 27, 2013
Maybe her cat has 3 heads...

“EXPOSING CHURCHianity!”

Seattle, WA

#40 Aug 27, 2013
There never was, nor ever will be a 'God-the-Word'.

Moses was God to pharaoh.(Ex 7:1- where some add an "a" and some don't)

Jesus was, and still IS, God to mankind.

As the ones REPRESENTING and SPEAKING for Him.

(BTW- was John 1: 1 saying their 'God-the-Word' was with HIMSELF?

Location hidden

#41 Aug 27, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
BOTH MICHAEL AND JESUS ARE REFERRED TO AS THE ARCHANGEL.
NIV Jude 9 But even ***THE ARCHANGEL*** Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"
NIV 1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of ***THE ARCHANGEL*** and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
Of course, this has nothing to do with the Trinity but there you are.
Now. Getting back to the question you dodged:
Please provide us with the location where we can read directly from the Bible the explicit Trinity defining verse where God is composed of "God the Father" + "God the Son" + "God the Holy Ghost".
Or do you have more dodges and excuses to employ?
LOL, those scriptures in no way prove that Michael and Jesus are the same. I knew you were going to quote those, its been done for years.

I am not dodging anything, I have merely said that when you PROVE to me that the bible says that Jesus and Michael are the same, then I will continue with you. You have not done that.:) You want explicit text saying Jesus is God, but you use scriptures like you did to prove Jesus and Michael or the same. Not going to work, I want a scripture, JUST LIKE YOU DO, that says, Jesus is Michael.

Location hidden

#42 Aug 27, 2013
the Mad JW wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Karen- you take that to mean Jesus is the Father as WELL as the son- and that he prayed to Himself?
OF course not, he prayed to his Father in heaven. You don't even understand the trinity. Maybe that is why the WTO removed the trinity tract from the website.

Location hidden

#43 Aug 27, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
So if no one said anything against your cat, then stop imputing bad motives on others simply because they have disagreements with you in other areas.
<quoted text>
Me too.
<quoted text>
And you all should know that the "a" is justified because there is no definite article in front of theos in John 1:1c. The construct of that verse signifies predication rather than identification. The "a" would make that predication much clearer but it isn't due to translation bias bowing to orthodoxy.
Emphatic Diaglott John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and a god was the Word.
http://archive.org/details/emphaticdiaglott00...
(Actual book facsimile. See page 303 in the interlinear reading for the literal translation.)
LOL you are so predictable Boni. Don't you think after 40 plus years as a witness, I have heard all that babble? I have done some very deep research into the translations of the bible, I have learned the ins and outs, and I do not follow the teachings of the JWs religion anymore. I do not believe what they say about the letter "a".

Also, I told you why I said what I did about my cat, yet you still have to feel superior about it don't you? It is you who is imputing the bad motives not me. I now remember why I stopped speaking with you.

Location hidden

#44 Aug 27, 2013
the Mad JW wrote:
Maybe her cat has 3 heads...
SEE what I mean Boni!

Matter of fact, I am now going to just ignore both of you, you are only here to argue, only here to make yourself feel better for some reason, Your silly put downs, and name calling can be directed at someone else. I AM DONE WITH YOU BOTH.

And please don't say I ran, because as you see I answered your comments before doing this. Have a nice day.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Jehovah's Witnesses refuse army service 3 min aadrivers 42
Why don;t JW's feed the poor as Jesus demonstra... 11 min aadrivers 64
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 13 min Imagoodboy 2,980
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 1 hr Anonymous Brother 544
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! 1 hr Anonymous Brother 110
How can you make your spirit holy if it is just... 3 hr frgoad 5
Correcting 1914 3 hr ben burns 4
News 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses co... 6 hr Jake999 833
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 6 hr little lamb 297
Are we perhaps not living in the Last Days? 6 hr PrufSammy 149