Native American 10 Commandments (& ot...

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#5037 Oct 21, 2013
Our Native Elders tell us to lead a simple life. This doesn't necessarily mean poor, it means....simple.

There are some things that makes life complicated such as focusing on needing control, needing power or being vindictive, resentful or remaining angry with others over extended periods of time.

These feelings WILL make our lives more complicated.

I pray to the Great Spirit, Our Heavenly Father and Creator of all mankind....to guide and direct me to lead a simple life.

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Lynchburg, VA

#5038 Oct 21, 2013
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do,I've saw them with my own eyes,on television!You just need a plan,i'm not telling you mine!LOL!
Best wishes to you to find love. These days I am just looking for relief for my old body.:)

Since: Jul 11

Portadown

#5039 Oct 22, 2013
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rachel! I have thought about you often!
How was your visit to our continent? I hope all went well with your travels. Nice to see you posting :0)
Hello my dear friend.It was out of this world,I cant wait to return,and for a longer trip next time.It was like a dream at times,we were staying out of town in a log type cabin,up a dirt dead end road,the forest started where the rear garden ended!The wildlife was amazing,deer,squirrels,chipmun ks.blue jays,geese,and the continual chirping of crickets.We had great weather 19-24 degrees,only 1 days rain,everyone kept telling us how lucky we were.The fall colours were amazing,i've never enjoyed a holiday so much.

On our final day I found this NA store in down town Ottawa,Wow,what beautiful stuff,a bit pricey but got some great little gifts to bring home.Also my cousin showed me the basics of jewellery making and gave me some stuff to get me started,and brought me to a store that sold beads and wire and they offered me free tuition!I have been deeply touched by their kindness,and they all seem to have either been over here to Ireland or they have ancestors here,or they are planning to visit soon!
Anyway! I invited them all who expressed an interest,just hope they don't all arrive at once! WOW,that would be fun indeed!

Since: Feb 07

RI

#5040 Oct 22, 2013
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello my dear friend.It was out of this world,I cant wait to return,and for a longer trip next time.It was like a dream at times,we were staying out of town in a log type cabin,up a dirt dead end road,the forest started where the rear garden ended!The wildlife was amazing,deer,squirrels,chipmun ks.blue jays,geese,and the continual chirping of crickets.We had great weather 19-24 degrees,only 1 days rain,everyone kept telling us how lucky we were.The fall colours were amazing,i've never enjoyed a holiday so much.
On our final day I found this NA store in down town Ottawa,Wow,what beautiful stuff,a bit pricey but got some great little gifts to bring home.Also my cousin showed me the basics of jewellery making and gave me some stuff to get me started,and brought me to a store that sold beads and wire and they offered me free tuition!I have been deeply touched by their kindness,and they all seem to have either been over here to Ireland or they have ancestors here,or they are planning to visit soon!
Anyway! I invited them all who expressed an interest,just hope they don't all arrive at once! WOW,that would be fun indeed!
I'm so glad that you had a great time. I knew that Fall would be a wonderful time to visit, and it sounds as if you had great weather as well.

Hopefully, next time you'll be able to meander down into New England.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#5041 Oct 23, 2013
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am SO glad that everything went so well and you had a truly enjoyable visit! I do hope you delve into the world of beading (especially during those long cold winter months)....I am a virtual newcomer (four years or so) and I LOVE it! God bless you....you are such a special lady!

LET GO AND LET GOD

#5042 Oct 24, 2013
My Creator, remove from me today all resentment, anger, fear, guilt and selfishness. Do not let my weaknesses stand in the way of my usefulness to You. Dear Father....I pray that You will make me a useful vessel so Your power and Your Light can flow through me.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#5043 Oct 24, 2013
The news at noon has declared that our first snowfall of the season is on it's way in a few hours. I still have a few potted plants to bring inside and two window boxes full of geraniums that I bring in each winter.(They do very well inside)

Gotta go and find a heavy jacket and head outdoors to get things done, LOL!

Lynchburg, VA

#5044 Oct 26, 2013
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a great time. Getting out of the home town is like medicine.

Lynchburg, VA

#5045 Oct 26, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so glad that you had a great time. I knew that Fall would be a wonderful time to visit, and it sounds as if you had great weather as well.
Don't you New Englanders have that cute accent. "I'll get the ca (car) in the yad (yard) and going to the ba (bar) fa (for) an owha (hour)." One of my supervisors is from New England and she has that strong accent. It almost sounds like the New York accent.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5046 Oct 26, 2013
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you New Englanders have that cute accent. "I'll get the ca (car) in the yad (yard) and going to the ba (bar) fa (for) an owha (hour)." One of my supervisors is from New England and she has that strong accent. It almost sounds like the New York accent.
She does a bit but won't admit it. hahah. Its not strong though.

Lynchburg, VA

#5047 Oct 26, 2013
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
MM you know everyone here. You must have met everyone. Arizona and med West have their unique accent too. I had one when I moved to Virginia but it is long gone now. I hate to say it but that Southern draw has won and it does for everyone who moves here. We're not stupid or rednecks, we just sound that way. LOL I was not born here either.

Portadown

#5048 Oct 26, 2013
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
I am SO glad that everything went so well and you had a truly enjoyable visit! I do hope you delve into the world of beading (especially during those long cold winter months)....I am a virtual newcomer (four years or so) and I LOVE it! God bless you....you are such a special lady!
Thanks for your kind encouraging words ,I'm well and truly hooked on jewellery making,the combinations of shapes and colours are endless.
What a beautiful country Canada is,and such friendly people.Almost everyone I chatted with had relatives in Ireland or had been or was planning to visit Ireland!I so miss waking up to the sounds of geese and the soothing background chirping of crickets.

I'm determined my next visit will be a lot longer.

Love,Rachel.

Portadown

#5049 Oct 26, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
You did indeed RHW,and I wasn't disappointed.Would love to meander down,but I haven't a clue,though I suspect its not that simple!How near is it?

Portadown

#5050 Oct 26, 2013
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a great time. Getting out of the home town is like medicine.
Re-entry was like a relapse! I need a return visit just to adjust,could you accomodate till I get a place of my own?

RI

#5051 Oct 26, 2013
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not, do not, do not!!!

RI

#5052 Oct 26, 2013
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did indeed RHW,and I wasn't disappointed.Would love to meander down,but I haven't a clue,though I suspect its not that simple!How near is it?
Getting to Maine from Nova Scotia is not all that far. You can either take the land route, take the ferry (which is a beautiful trip) or fly.

I've been to Nova Scotia years ago for an assembly, and took the ferry from Bangor, Maine, to get there, then took the land route with a family from Maine with whom I was visiting.

Portadown

#5053 Oct 26, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting to Maine from Nova Scotia is not all that far. You can either take the land route, take the ferry (which is a beautiful trip) or fly.
I've been to Nova Scotia years ago for an assembly, and took the ferry from Bangor, Maine, to get there, then took the land route with a family from Maine with whom I was visiting.
Ooops! my mistake I think! I was in Ottawa,I have cousins living in Nova Scotia, Halifax, but did not get to visit there this time.
I think its about an hour flying time to Halifax from Ottawa,and about a weeks wages lol!

Its crazy!We had to fly from Dublin,Ireland,to Heathrow,London.Then get a flight to Ottawa which crossed back over Ireland which we had just flew away from.

Great to hear from you again RHW1

RI

#5054 Oct 26, 2013
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops! my mistake I think! I was in Ottawa,I have cousins living in Nova Scotia, Halifax, but did not get to visit there this time.
I think its about an hour flying time to Halifax from Ottawa,and about a weeks wages lol!
Its crazy!We had to fly from Dublin,Ireland,to Heathrow,London.Then get a flight to Ottawa which crossed back over Ireland which we had just flew away from.
Great to hear from you again RHW1
Oh, well...nothing like getting me all confused! LOL

Portadown

#5055 Oct 26, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, well...nothing like getting me all confused! LOL
Think nothing of it,I'm even more confused than you !LOL.
But no matter,the thought behind your post is very much cherished!

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5056 Oct 26, 2013
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>
MM you know everyone here. You must have met everyone. Arizona and med West have their unique accent too. I had one when I moved to Virginia but it is long gone now. I hate to say it but that Southern draw has won and it does for everyone who moves here. We're not stupid or rednecks, we just sound that way. LOL I was not born here either.
Ive met 3 people here in person, Pam, Gail and on from England that I won't say the name as he has never mentioned it here. But all were great people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Reasons for the Woman's Position in the Bible 7 min Arkham Bravo 4
Another cold blooded murder by a Jehovahs Witness? 10 min DR SOS 76
News What If Jesus Is not God? 13 min dollarsbill 1,369
Do you know what a myth is? 14 min little lamb 4
News Women to 'never rule' in Jehovah's church 15 min lovewithin 90
Three Simple Facts UTTERLY Destroy the Twinity~ 25 min ihveit 330
The Governing Body members are worth a lot! (Dec '14) 30 min BetheljudgmentDan... 294
HEY Pittsburgh! What Happened?! (Nov '13) 45 min DOUGLAS CLARK 1,436
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 2 hr Dogen 4,667
calling out El Cacique formerly known as TPMP (Jun '13) 4 hr GodSmacked 135
More from around the web