“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3704 Jun 23, 2012
(more)

5. Is it a sign?
I find that the ďuniverseĒ uses negative people as the way to get me to move on whenever Iím getting comfortable in a situation that isnít challenging me anymore. Itís like a prod that I should be focusing more on following my dream rather than just getting caught up in a nice, comfortable routine that isnít getting me anywhere. If I didnít have these people, then I would probably just stay. So, sometimes I'm really grateful to these people because they're giving me the "kick" that I need.

6. What does it say about you?
Negative people want to get a reaction out of you. And the only way they can is if they hit on one your "buttons" or something that causes intense feelings for you. For example they may bring out past feelings of guilt or anger or make you feel like you're being rejected or that you're not good enough.

So, if there's one particular person who drains you the most, ask yourself why is it affecting you so much? Sometimes, you can learn a lot about yourself by analysing what feelings it's bringing up within you. Once you figure it out and deal with it then you'll find that the energy draining person simply has no power over you anymore.

7. Trying to feel needed
Is listening to the complaints of the negative person your way of feeling valued? Does it make you feel needed? If it does, then you need to start valuing yourself more and youíll find that this just won't happen anymore. Be selective about who and how you help others. Just listening to negative tales over and over helps neither of you.

A good test to see if this is happening is to notice how you feel after "helping" someone. If you feel drained or tired or annoyed or frustrated then all you've done is given over your own energy to them. This isn't beneficial to you at all, and rarely does it help them in the long run.

8. Try saying,ďI love you, thank you, Iím sorryĒ over and over
This is kind of an "off the wall" kind of theory but itís worth a try. If you want to read an article about how a doctor healed an entire mental institution simply by saying these words then read this story: Dr. Len. You can also listen to a couple of radio interviews with him on News for the Soul.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3705 Jun 23, 2012
(end)

9. Itís not your fault
You may be feeling that you have to solve the problems of the energy drainer. Youíre not responsible for the personís life nor their negativity. You donít have to feel guilty for them being unhappy. Let go of trying to fix or help them. That's not what they want anyway. They want your energy and so you have to be strong and not give in to them.

A suggestion by Judy Orloff for dealing with draining co-workers is to keep mentioning to the person that you have work to do and you can only listen to them for a minute. If after a few minutes, the person is still going on about the same thing then either change the conversation or politely but firmly end the conversation.

It's important to be able to let go of the idea that you owe everyone a solution. With some people you just have to let them go. They have to take responsibility for their own lives and they won't if someone is always there to fix everything for them. So, Let Go! It sounds mean but it definitely doesn't help them if they end up taking you down with them. In that case, then neither one of you is benefitting.

10. Be enthusiastic and focus on your own energy
If you can be higher energy than they are then your energy will most likely start to rub off on those around you instead of the other way around. Also, the less you pay attention to them, the less they'll affect you.

In Summary
"Energy Vampires" are going to appear in and out of your life. The trick is to learn how to deal with them before they appear. If you don't then they truly will suck all your energy right out of you without you even realizing it. They will also be having a huge effect on your life and whether you're able to achieve your dreams and goals. Learn how to deal with negative people so that as Judy Orloff says you can, "be confident that no one can drain you if you don't cooperate". Your life will just instantly improve.

----------

SOURCE:
http://www.life-with-confidence.com/how-to-de...

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3706 Jun 24, 2012
"The Natural Law is a spiritual law. Its powers are both light and dark." ~ Oren R. Lyons, Spokesman, Traditional Circle of Elders, Six Nations

The Creator's Natural Laws.....NOT man-made rules and regulations....are the only Laws that have any stability and will be ever enduring....as man-made rules change with the understanding of man.

There are some characteristics that are evident in the system which the Creator made. He made balance, harmony, and polarity. In other words, every (+) plus has a (-) minus.

Every positive has a negative; every up has a down; every problem has a solution. For all the bad we see focused on in the world....there is GOOD to counteract it but is not spoken of or recognized as readily. Bad news ALWAYS gets and holds the attention of humankind today.

The Spiritual Law is the same ~ it has light and dark. Both are good, so both need to be honored. Lessons can be learned from both sides.

Great and Wondrous Creator.... Teach me the powers of the Natural Laws.

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Lynchburg, VA

#3707 Jun 24, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
As anyone can see....TPMP(along with all his many aliases) is....and has....a very negative and toxic personality. He is a troll by all internet definitions.
How To Deal With Negative People - by Catherine Pratt
----------
Negative people. They're like human black holes which suddenly come out of nowhere and just suck the life out of you. You try to stay positive and remain strong but their negativity ends up just completely draining you, you feel exhausted, and you may also start to feel depressed too.
So what can you do? One of the first things to do is to be aware of who the negative people are in your life. This may not be as easy as you first think.
Some very nice people are as Judy Orloff says in her book, "Positive Energy" are really energy vampires. Here's some of the signs she says to look for:
"- you experience a sense of being demeaned, constricted or attacked.
- you intuitively feel unsafe, tense or on guard.
- you sense prickly, off-putting vibes. You can't wait to get away from them.
- your energy starts to fizzle. You may feel beleaguered or ill."
She also refers to them by the following names which you might recognize: the sob sister, the blamer, the drama queen, the constant talker or joke teller, and the fixer-upper (requires endless help).
Also, pay attention to what the person talks about. Is it always about how bad things are? Do they just complain and never actually do anything about what's upsetting them?
Once you have a good idea on how to recognize them then you can actually work on protecting yourself from them. Here's 10 strategies on how to deal with negative people:
1. Whereís it coming from?
Do you understand why this person is so negative? Is it because they hate their job, feel frustrated, feel trapped in their life or do they lack in self esteem so the only way they can feel powerful is by hurting others? If you can understand where itís coming from, itís much easier to deal with. Some people seem to think that the only way they can get what they want is to be manipulative. Remember the saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil." They believe this and think that if they don't whine and complain that they won't be heard and that this is the only way to get what they want.
Remember that the negative behavior is a reflection of them. It tells you what kind of person they are and what issues they may be dealing with. It's not a reflection of who you are.
2. Just smile and remain completely detached
Whenever the negative tirade starts just smile and donít say anything. Remain completely detached from it and donít get involved in it. Leave the room if you can. The negative person is simply seeking to get a reaction from you. Thatís what they feed on. Don't let them catch you in their web of negativity because as soon as you do, thatís when they start draining your energy.
(more)
This is certainly true! I printed this so I can reread it again to remind me of the affects of negativity. It is easy to get caught up in their drama but I will back away to save myself a lot of grief. Thank you.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3708 Jun 24, 2012
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is certainly true! I printed this so I can reread it again to remind me of the affects of negativity. It is easy to get caught up in their drama but I will back away to save myself a lot of grief. Thank you.
You're welcome, dear one. A certain few posters keep needling and goad doing their best to get us to get angry and come back at them on their level and to lose our integrity (not to mention our focus). Many times it IS difficult to ignore their taunts but it really shows so much more about THEM than it does on any of us.

It seems they are not capable of carrying on a decent or meaningful conversation with anyone who does not think exactly as they do...on everything....but feel compelled to be as snarky and unpleasant as possible....and when someone DOES give it right back to them.....they start in with the "lookit what SHE/HE said" routine.

Very "third grade" behavior.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3709 Jun 24, 2012
Bttt

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3710 Jun 24, 2012
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" - Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket," Seneca Nation

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3711 Jun 24, 2012
"Wisdom is not wisdom when it is derived from books alone".....Horace

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3712 Jun 24, 2012
I Have The Right ...

... to express or to keep from others my feelings, ideas and experiences.

... to decide when to be assertive.

... to have my opinion respected.

... to say "I don't know" or "I don't care".

... to have my needs considered as important as the needs of others.

... to decide which activities will fulfill those needs.

... to judge my own behavior and take responsibility for my own actions.

... to offer no reasons or excuses to justify my behavior.

... to be respected as a person in my individuality.

... to make mistakes and be imperfect.

... to change my mind.

... to request what I need.

... to refuse requests without feeling guilty or selfish.

... to not be responsible for another's attitudes and/or feelings.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3713 Jun 24, 2012
Praying is what has brought us old people through life. We've all gone through hard times. We've all done our share of bad things.But through our prayers and faith in the Creator we get together again and we try hard to live right.
ó Grey Eagle,.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3714 Jun 24, 2012
Today, for all colors of all races, the greatest hindrance is judgement. When we judge we are not fully accepting Creator's plan, which blocks the flow of healing. We must practice acceptance without judgement. Once we learn this we are protected...
Albert Brule

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3715 Jun 24, 2012
Remember to live a good life, and do good things with each day that you are given. Help each other and encourage each other to be good people. We all play a part in what the future will be for the next generation. They will remember the things that they saw us do while we were with them and they will look at the path that we left behind for them to follow. Use your lifetime to leave a beautiful trail behind you...Annette Whiteagle

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3716 Jun 24, 2012
"As we go through life we find ourselves on track one day and off track the next day. We gain consistency through prayer. Prayer is our connection to the Great Spirit.

Prayer is our channel for knowledge and wisdom. Prayer is how we keep our sanity. The Native Elders say we should walk in prayer.

It seems that if our Elders can feel that you are open to learning, they are more than generous with their teaching."~ Chief Councilor, Leonard George

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3717 Jun 24, 2012
"I was shown a fledgling learning to fly. It's first efforts were very feeble. But as it used its wings more and more, they became stronger until it found the freedom of flight and was able to soar to great heights and fly great distance without any effort. I heard the words:

Faith comes with practice. Live by faith until it becomes rocklike unshakable, and find the true freedom of the Spirit."
~Eileen Caddy

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3718 Jun 24, 2012
People die ... sometimes unexpectedly...so love them every day.

Beauty fades ... so look before it's gone.

Love changes ... but not the love you give.

And if you love, you'll never be alone.

-L.J. Smith

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3719 Jun 24, 2012
"The views of others reflect not at all upon you
unless you allow them to.

Their views are colored by their own life experiences:

their fears, their loves, their hatreds, their needs, their insecurities.

Nothing you can say will ever change their minds.
Only they can do that.

What better way to show them the error of their ways

than to demonstrate to them that the Light

that they revere is in every path to spirituality?

To lead and instruct by being the best that we can be, always?

And that darkness can be found in anyone, in any faith,

and that it is not so much to be feared so long as it is in balance with the Light within.

Balance is the key.

Tolerance is the way."

-Madelyn Alt

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3721 Jun 24, 2012
Come forth into the light of things. Let nature be your teacher.
~William Wordsworth

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3722 Jun 24, 2012
I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the World ~Rainer Maria Rilke

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3723 Jun 24, 2012
"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings you joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life...."~ Jean Shinoda Bolen

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3724 Jun 24, 2012
"A deep bonding with our earth and all creation living upon it.....is the cornerstone for good mental and spiritual health, giving us a sense of belonging, self-worth, purpose, faith, hope and connection with the sacred."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 16 min harryturq 17,626
Christmas (Nov '13) 26 min Maravilla 1,762
Unchained continues tripping himself 26 min red blood relative 15
More Changes Coming 35 min harryturq 183
Daily Bible Thought - Matt.12:7,8. - I Desire M... 42 min Daniel a Slave of... 3
Does anyone actually defend the "two witness ru... 42 min RedhorseWoman 216
JW.org opened my eyes to the truth 48 min Brother P 97
JW'S are 100% right about the trinity? (Apr '14) 1 hr harryturq 1,895
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 1 hr Boni 49
Why I'm STILL one of Jehovah's Witnesses... 2 hr Recovered 1,481
More from around the web