Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

UNchained

Louisville, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2013
Hazel Dell woman files child sex abuse suit against Jehovah's Witnesses

Posted: Sep 19, 2013 5:17 PM EST Updated: Sep 19, 2013 5:27 PM EST

By FOX 12 Staff - email
VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV)-

The fourth in a series of child sex abuse civil lawsuits against Jehovah's Witnesses congregations around the country was filed in Washington state this week.

A now 39-year-old woman said she was abused starting at the age of 8 at the Hazel Dell Kingdom Hall on 109th Street.

The abuse, she alleged, went on for several years. The lawsuit alleges the abuse happened during church activities and bible studies that took place in the homes of elders of the congregation. Lawyers claim the church knew about the abuse but did not take action.

http://www.kptv.com/story/23479184/woman-who-...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2 Sep 20, 2013
Yep, there is a reason why they are not using their newly acquired 375 million dollars and asking for volunteers to build the new jersey compound.

I feel so sorry for the governing body, not being able to touch that money for their own use.
red blood relative

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2013
gee, the watchtower bethel boy lawyers are going to be busy.
they'll probably have to hire some atheist lawyers to keep up.

and this is just the beginning...... the rest of the line-up are waiting a little while longer for a few more cases to get settled...... then comes the ambulance chasers and the thousands in line.

http://silentlambs.org/
BUDGIE

UK

#4 Sep 20, 2013
I hope they are sued out of existence¬Ö.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#5 Sep 20, 2013
BUDGIE wrote:
I hope they are sued out of existence¬Ö.
Probably not likely, but they will definitely be stinging when all of the cases start rolling in.
JACE

Bethesda, MD

#6 Sep 20, 2013
THE WT Lawyers are like

NOT ANOTHER ONE where we may have to show letters from the Service dept to the local elders and have our "method' of In-house handling put on public display

lol

as I always say

it boils down to

1 Who knew it- folks in position, authority, etc

2. When did they know about it--

3. What did they do with the info-

for large corporation and organizations ,m etc

These cases often turn on what the answers are to these questions in the mind of the jury

cause they are basically asking
Was there anything these men in these powerful positions could have done to address this issue
besides file it in FILE 13

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7 Sep 20, 2013
I believe the lawyers that the governing body employs are 2 different groups, like any other large corporation; they will have lawyers on the payroll that handle different matters.

They will have a group of lawyers that handle their financial department, then a separate group of lawyers that will handle going after groups/individuals for theft of intellectual property, aka quotes from their publications. And they also have to pay a group of lawyers to fight for their freedoms they enjoy, aka lobbyist, or there might be a separate section for that.

What I would love to know is if they have their own work for free lawyers for all this shit, or are they paying worldly high priced lawyers to defend all this shit.
BUDGIE

UK

#8 Sep 21, 2013
They can see a storm coming , thats why they are selling everything off to pay for it all..Just as the walls of Jericho came tumbling down, massive cracks are appearing in the Watchtower. Soon that too will give way to Gods judgment.

“Life is short, enjoy life.:-).”

Since: Aug 13

Baghdad, Iraq

#9 Sep 21, 2013
BUDGIE wrote:
They can see a storm coming , thats why they are selling everything off to pay for it all..Just as the walls of Jericho came tumbling down, massive cracks are appearing in the Watchtower. Soon that too will give way to Gods judgment.
They don't need God's judgement. The are fully capable of destroying themselves!
:-P
Blessed 1

Wausau, WI

#10 Sep 21, 2013
God is exposing this False RELIGION and soon I believe God Will end this dangerous cult of jws!!!

YAY!
YIPPEE !
red blood relative

United States

#11 Sep 21, 2013
i can't wait for a few prominant elders to get thrown under the bus for obeying the jw legal team's orders, with the mandatory phone call to headquarters.

they should be more than happy to go to jail, to protect the jw gov body and their legal team.
or will they scream foul?

i wonder if aneirin would be willing to go to jail for a while.... or will he scream the jw legal team told us how we must silence the victims and everyone involved..... would he implicate top jw leadership, or just take the fall for them?
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#12 Sep 21, 2013
red blood relative wrote:
i can't wait for a few prominant elders to get thrown under the bus for obeying the jw legal team's orders, with the mandatory phone call to headquarters.
they should be more than happy to go to jail, to protect the jw gov body and their legal team.
or will they scream foul?
i wonder if aneirin would be willing to go to jail for a while.... or will he scream the jw legal team told us how we must silence the victims and everyone involved..... would he implicate top jw leadership, or just take the fall for them?
Judging from his previous posts, I think Gareth will implicate the top JW leadership.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#13 Sep 21, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not likely, but they will definitely be stinging when all of the cases start rolling in.
With the new money they ask for 8 to 9 dollars a piece, they will be racking in $10,680,241.50 per month. Maybe they had a "new light" moment about these new cases coming?
T O HAZEL DELL

Atwater, CA

#15 Nov 1, 2013
Yes it has!!!!!
UNchained wrote:
Hazel Dell woman files child sex abuse suit against Jehovah's Witnesses
Posted: Sep 19, 2013 5:17 PM EST Updated: Sep 19, 2013 5:27 PM EST
By FOX 12 Staff - email
VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV)-
The fourth in a series of child sex abuse civil lawsuits against Jehovah's Witnesses congregations around the country was filed in Washington state this week.
A now 39-year-old woman said she was abused starting at the age of 8 at the Hazel Dell Kingdom Hall on 109th Street.
The abuse, she alleged, went on for several years. The lawsuit alleges the abuse happened during church activities and bible studies that took place in the homes of elders of the congregation. Lawyers claim the church knew about the abuse but did not take action.
http://www.kptv.com/story/23479184/woman-who-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Trinity Discussion for Bobby 3 min dollarsbill 5,274
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! (Aug '16) 5 min ASOG 1,546
Purple fireproof clothing? Yes or No 7 min dollarsbill 22
Attn: Forum 11 min GreatSouthbay4040 18
My first Jehovah's Witness meeting. 24 min ASOG 205
Debating the Trinity is useless. 35 min ASOG 26
TORTURE- a Godly Virtue? 45 min knowsnothing 26
My dilemma(leaving Jehovahs Witnesses) 1 hr Alank 440
F&DS are doing the marking for those to survive? 3 hr Spike 286
Nub and El Cacique's corner 10 hr Alank 299