Trayvon Martin

Since: Feb 07

RI

#633 Mar 29, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text> No, that's not true... I went half way with you. That is all i'm going to do. Listen, this is an emotionally charged case from all sides. Things get said in the moment... The whole nation is wrapped up in this.
And we still have a LONG way to go.
NO..I still don't think he will be convicted if there is a trial.
I Just don't see it.
There is enough doubt that can be raised by any good attorney worth his weight in gold.
We still don't have all the facts, RHW.
Also.....You don't release medical records to the public and prior to any court proceedings. Although it doesn't "appear" to the eye that he is hurt.
There is something known as procedure. The video doesn't prove anything definitive one way or another.
Sorry, but what I said is absolutely true. Yes, you have been backing off somewhat, but you DID initially condemn Trayvon and went right along with FHC, cheering him on and adding your "facts" to the spiel.

The police would have taken a severely injured man (broken nose, smashed in teeth, severe head lacerations) to the hospital emergency room before taking him to the station for questioning, but they did not do that.

The release of medical records is irrelevant, since there don't appear to BE any medical records to release. Also, it's unlikely that no one, not even his father, would have mentioned that Zimmerman had to go to the emergency room for treatment of his severe injuries.

He didn't GO to the emergency room so there are no medical records to release. He had minor injuries, received first aid at the scene, and that's that.

As a matter of fact, since there were paramedics there who administered first aid, if his injuries were as severe and extensive as you and FHC have stated, THEY would have taken him to the emergency room and not released him to the police.

RI

#634 Mar 29, 2012
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
well, neither one of us were being struck so neither one of us can say how scared Zimmerman was.
LOL This is a man who didn't seem to have any qualms about pushing a police officer OR confronting someone he suspected was "high" on drugs and intent on committing a crime.

If he was "scared," he would have waited for the police and not followed the person who "scared" him so much.

Nope, I doubt very much that he was "scared" by a skinny teenager.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#636 Mar 29, 2012
FH Chandler wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem is that those who are siding with Martin are race-baiters and bigots [i.e., democrats] who are either ignorant of the facts or who don't care about the facts.
People who like to go on about "profiling," for instance, when it matters not even in the slightest if Zimmerman "profiled" Martin or not.
Martin did not live in that neighborhood and was acting "strangely" as if he were under the influence, according to Zimmerman. We now know Martin was immersed in drug culture, proudly posting on Twitter about how he smoked weed and how he'd been suspended because of possession of it.
Zimmerman had every reason to be suspicious of Martin.
Also, and more to the point, it was Martin who attacked Zimmerman unprovoked.
Nothing prior to that mattered. Martin approached and assaulted Zimmerman - and with authority, if the physical evidence and eyewitness accounts are accurate.
Zimmerman had every reason to fear his life was in danger as Martin didn't just take a quick shot and flee, as he was more than capable of doing, he assaulted Zimmerman unprovoked and continued to beat him down, even while Zimmerman was incapacitated.
It's not a good thing that a young man's life ended, but that young man made choices that led to his death.
Place the blame for HIS actions where they belong.
If you imagine that George Zimmerman should have just taken the beating Trayvon Martin put on him, be clear on that point - and proudly shout out that you imagine people should just "take" being the victims of violent crime. Because that's what you're really saying. Say, proudly and with conviction, that it's more important for Trayvon Martin and others like him to feel good about themselves by committing violent crimes against innocent people than it is for innocent people to be safe in their own homes and in their own neighborhoods, because that's what you're really saying when you defend this thuglet as though his own actions weren't the primary cause of his death.
He had the CHOICE and the ability to flee from Zimmerman, who hadn't taken to assaulting him. He didn't do that. Instead, he ATTACKED Zimmerman, unprovoked.
And not in any small way.
Okay let's talk about choices. Zimmerman made the choice to ignore the dispatchers and confront Trayvon. As a self-proclaimed Neighborhood Watch captain, he would certainly understand that his duty was to observe and report. However he chose to pursue someone that by his own observation was a danger. Why?

Ask yourself why did Zimmerman after being told not to follow Martin and that the police were on their way, did he still pursue Trayvon. Let Zimmerman answer..."These a--holes always get away." He made up his mind that Trayvon was a criminal and did what a vigilante does, take the law into his own hands.

As I said before in other posts, we don't know who initiated the physical contact. And since you invoked Martin's weed smoking past, let's talk about Zimmerman's past. He was arrested 3 times: once for domestic abuse, once for resisting arrest with violence against an officer and once for resisting arrest without violence against an officer. Miraculously he had all three stricken. Perhaps his retired judge father had a hand in that. Zimmerman, plain and simple is a bully with a gun.

And there may be some who are siding with Martin who are bigoted but did it occur to you that the same can easily be said about Zimmerman sympathizers?

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Marietta, GA

#637 Mar 29, 2012
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the old duty to retreat law.
The problem with that is that a bad guy would break in a house, the homeowner would fight and the bad guy would sue the homeowner for NOT running away.
Right. That protects people in their own home. We don't have that in Virginia. We go to jail if we kill the intruder if they don't kill you during the robbery. The laws are protecting the criminals by tying the hands of the homeowners so they can't use deadly force if you are robbed which people who are in that line of work often kill the people they rob. These are stupid laws to protect criminals that intrude in you home. I won't own a gun but if I did and I was robbed I feel one should be able to use their own discretion how they handle it.
SupportMrZimmerm an

Savannah, GA

#638 Mar 29, 2012
Arkham Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay let's talk about choices. Zimmerman made the choice to ignore the dispatchers and confront Trayvon. As a self-proclaimed Neighborhood Watch captain, he would certainly understand that his duty was to observe and report. However he chose to pursue someone that by his own observation was a danger. Why?
Ask yourself why did Zimmerman after being told not to follow Martin and that the police were on their way, did he still pursue Trayvon. Let Zimmerman answer..."These a--holes always get away." He made up his mind that Trayvon was a criminal and did what a vigilante does, take the law into his own hands.
As I said before in other posts, we don't know who initiated the physical contact. And since you invoked Martin's weed smoking past, let's talk about Zimmerman's past. He was arrested 3 times: once for domestic abuse, once for resisting arrest with violence against an officer and once for resisting arrest without violence against an officer. Miraculously he had all three stricken. Perhaps his retired judge father had a hand in that. Zimmerman, plain and simple is a bully with a gun.
And there may be some who are siding with Martin who are bigoted but did it occur to you that the same can easily be said about Zimmerman sympathizers?
You the dumbest biggot to ever post on topix!

Kiss my white A$$ you n()gger.

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#639 Mar 29, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>True, but people here have run with it and declared it as absolute fact, while also declaring as absolute fact that Trayvon was the aggressor and that he "mercilessly" beat Zimmerman with the intent to murder.

The video evidence simply does not support any of that.
The video is pretty low quality.
Once the crime scene photos come out I think we will have a better

“Tight lines”

Location hidden

#640 Mar 29, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>LOL This is a man who didn't seem to have any qualms about pushing a police officer OR confronting someone he suspected was "high" on drugs and intent on committing a crime.

If he was "scared," he would have waited for the police and not followed the person who "scared" him so much.

I will ask you the same question others have refused to answer.
Have you ever been in a physical fight for your life?

“Tight lines”

Location hidden

#641 Mar 29, 2012
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>Right. That protects people in their own home. We don't have that in Virginia. We go to jail if we kill the intruder if they don't kill you during the robbery. The laws are protecting the criminals by tying the hands of the homeowners so they can't use deadly force if you are robbed which people who are in that line of work often kill the people they rob. These are stupid laws to protect criminals that intrude in you home. I won't own a gun but if I did and I was robbed I feel one should be able to use their own discretion how they handle it.
There is an old saying;
"I would rather be judged by twelve then carried by six"

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Marietta, GA

#643 Mar 29, 2012
Arkham Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Zimmerman when he called the police? If we don't know the distance how do we know he was still following Trayvon. We know he got out of his vehicle but where did the fight pursue? If it was near the vehicle it could be Zimmerman was attacked. How does anyone know what happened. The police are not releasing any real information where the convenient store was, where Mr. Martins girlfriends lived, how far from the vehicle was the shooting, etc. etc. It is a tragedy a young man was killed. I feel so sad for his mother.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#644 Mar 29, 2012
AMEN!!!
CinAbun wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what it is...
You obviously never have been treated unfair (law enforcement and society) due to your skin color. Until that day comes then you'll see the picture.

Location hidden

#645 Mar 29, 2012
Wow, so he had a gun, he chased the kid of his own volition, he outweighed him. If I were in Treyvon's shoes, saw some older white man running after me with a gun, I would try to run as he did because you can't really beat a bullet. But since Zimmerman caught up to him, again with a gun, you think Treyvon would have been wrong to try to stop Zimmerman from killing him and that justified Zimmerman "defending himself?" How can he defend himself when he was the aggressor?

I really liked taking logic in college, good lord it looks like others should have too because you make no sense at all.
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
well, neither one of us were being struck so neither one of us can say how scared Zimmerman was.

Location hidden

#646 Mar 29, 2012
It is reassuring to see the plain logic being applied here, thought i needed a sanity check as if we were in the twilight zone with some of these stupid defensive statements around Treyvon being the aggressor. Ty RHW!!!
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL This is a man who didn't seem to have any qualms about pushing a police officer OR confronting someone he suspected was "high" on drugs and intent on committing a crime.

“Tight lines”

Location hidden

#647 Mar 29, 2012
CinAbun wrote:
<quoted text>No, refresh my memory Plz
Ok.
I watched the tape on two different websites and I never saw a time stamp.
Where did you see a time stamp.

“Tight lines”

Location hidden

#648 Mar 29, 2012
Michael2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, so he had a gun, he chased the kid of his own volition, he outweighed him. If I were in Treyvon's shoes, saw some older white man running after me with a gun, I would try to run as he did because you can't really beat a bullet. But since Zimmerman caught up to him, again with a gun, you think Treyvon would have been wrong to try to stop Zimmerman from killing him and that justified Zimmerman "defending himself?" How can he defend himself when he was the aggressor?

I really liked taking logic in college, good lord it looks like others should have too because you make no sense at all.
Actually, you are ALMOST correct.
Treyvon DID outrun Zimmerman.
According to both Zimmerman and Treyvons girlfriend, Treyvon lost Zimmerman.
Treyvon then made the decision to approach Zimmerman.
Treyvon was in the clear. He was GONE.
Once Treyvon approached Zimmerman, Treyvon became the aggressor.
Logic.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#650 Mar 29, 2012
no logic is..

he saw the kid he thought it was suspicious. he was told not to do anything.
Zimmerman ignored that..
Zimmerman had transportation
Zimmerman had a gun
Zimmerman had no right to get out of his truck.. afraid??? come on he was inside his truck why did he get out. he could have left or went around the block to let the police know where the kid was/
no hospital no visible broken nose no visible swelling no blood on face or clothes
he could have backed off or followed from a distance he had the gun

the funeral director said there were no visible signs of fight with marks.

i saw the video looked carefully.. sorry so far i am leaning towards vigilante a guy who thought he could take the law into hos own hands. he had the upper hand... the kid did not.. the child is dead.. Zimmerman had a gun you mean to tell me he did not pull that gun out ??? it makes no sense
i also think there is much more that will come out.

why did the police think it was alright to leak information about a juvenile??? when juvenile records are sealed? that needs to be checked into
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#651 Mar 29, 2012
sadly it has been reported a white supremacist hacked into his email and other places.. a g mail opened showed many emails about dates for SATS and scholarships..

this kid may have had issues in the past.. but he is dead why??????????

RI

#652 Mar 29, 2012
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
The video is pretty low quality.
Once the crime scene photos come out I think we will have a better
That's true. Once those photos are made public, the issue will be much clearer. So far, though, things just don't add up, IMO. I don't find Zimmerman's account of the incident to be credible.

RI

#653 Mar 29, 2012
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask you the same question others have refused to answer.
Have you ever been in a physical fight for your life?
I really don't see the relevance of your question. You are making the assumption once again that Trayvon attacked with intent to murder, and we really don't know that that was the case at all.

Judging each protagonist on their own, my opinion is that a 28-year-old man who had been arrested multiple times for violent acts and who outweighed his "opponent" by more than 60 pounds and who was carrying a gun would have little to fear from a skinny 17-year-old kid.

RI

#654 Mar 29, 2012
Michael2010 wrote:
It is reassuring to see the plain logic being applied here, thought i needed a sanity check as if we were in the twilight zone with some of these stupid defensive statements around Treyvon being the aggressor. Ty RHW!!!
<quoted text>
You're welcome. I came into this discussion with little information to hand, but as more began to come out, it just didn't make logical sense that poor George Zimmerman, who believed this "criminal" to be high on drugs and acting suspiciously would follow this person whom he believed to be "high" against the advice of a police dispatcher knowing full well that the police were on their way and then confront said "criminal" who was just a skinny kid and be so "afraid" for his life that he felt compelled to shoot him.

And, then, too, there's always the "miracle" of him being able to draw his gun while on his back being pummeled and having his head repeatedly slammed against a concrete sidewalk (while on the grass...amazing how that works) and shoot the skinny kid who was supposedly on top of him punching his teeth in and yet have no blood stains on his clothing. And, also, the boy ended up face down in the grass with his hands beneath him. Odd way for him to end up if he were on top of Zimmerman, beating the crap out of him.

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense the way Zimmerman and friends are relating it. Then again, sometimes frogs rain from the sky...so...who knows?

“email at [email protected]

Since: Dec 07

central louisiana

#655 Mar 29, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. I came into this discussion with little information to hand, but as more began to come out, it just didn't make logical sense that poor George Zimmerman, who believed this "criminal" to be high on drugs and acting suspiciously would follow this person whom he believed to be "high" against the advice of a police dispatcher knowing full well that the police were on their way and then confront said "criminal" who was just a skinny kid and be so "afraid" for his life that he felt compelled to shoot him.
And, then, too, there's always the "miracle" of him being able to draw his gun while on his back being pummeled and having his head repeatedly slammed against a concrete sidewalk (while on the grass...amazing how that works) and shoot the skinny kid who was supposedly on top of him punching his teeth in and yet have no blood stains on his clothing. And, also, the boy ended up face down in the grass with his hands beneath him. Odd way for him to end up if he were on top of Zimmerman, beating the crap out of him.
The whole thing makes absolutely no sense the way Zimmerman and friends are relating it. Then again, sometimes frogs rain from the sky...so...who knows?
ihv i wonder how many white on whites were killed in the same period of time.. how many black on black? how many cubans on cubans? didnt hear much of those... but let jessie jackson or those racist preachers get hold of some thing to make a racist case AND ITS ALL OVER THE NEWS..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God's Name WAS in the Original NT!!! 6 min the Mad JW 105
Love=Eternal Torture - CHURCHianity 9 min the Mad JW 256
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 34 min imagoodboy 3,643
Do JW's believe homosexuals will go to hell?.. 42 min Michelle in Wisco... 27
Congratulations to All Faders & Dissfellowshipp... 47 min Matt9969 95
"What Happens at a Bible Study?" 52 min Michelle in Wisco... 947
how many lies does it take? 55 min Michelle in Wisco... 22
TOPIX posters and their malicious, slanderous, ... (Nov '12) 2 hr Michelle in Wisco... 2,436
Rape 5 hr Brother P 34
More from around the web