Linlithgow, UK

#6261 Oct 6, 2013
Snorkler wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly are you tryng to tell me ?
Do you have a reading problem? Read my post again:

Erik wrote:
<quoted text>

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29, KJV)

"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." (1 Corinthians 8:6, KJV)

SO, HOW IS IT THAT GOD IS CALLED LORD WHEN "...TO US IS BUT ***ONE GOD***..." AND "...***ONE LORD***..."?

Since there Scriptures tell us that there is only ONE LORD, then, how is it that God is [also] called LORD?

(Or simple questions are too difficult for you to understand? Yet, when I say to you, you JWs DON'T ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS, you call me 'LIAR!))

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6262 Oct 6, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: "The Word never had a [M]mother nor [F]father ..."
So answer: Is Jesus is the Only-Begotten Son of NO ONE?
:)
. Here's a Question.. DID GOD have a father?? And reflect that Jesus grew up with him.. And did not get to be begotten until he was born to.. Mary.
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#6263 Oct 6, 2013
Schleptik wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Jesus said God called some humans "gods." Imagine that! God himself calling humans gods. Also -- he, Jesus, said: "HE called them 'gods.'" HE. Not "I" (or "they") called them gods, but HE called them gods. How much easier can it get?
DUH.. you needed men to tell you that when others can read the scriptures and have known that for centuries. Wake up and grow up, Schleptik !

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6264 Oct 6, 2013
Erik wrote:
<quoted text>
"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29, KJV)
"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." (1 Corinthians 8:6, KJV)
So, how is it that God is called Lord when 'to us there is but one God...' and '...one Lord...'
Hi Eric

You are being disingenuous with the above comments.

You are or should be aware that Mark 12:29 is a direct quote from Deuteronomy 6:4 which in the original Hebrew used the Tetragrammaton . The tetragrammaton was changed to LORD and the Bibles that translate that way did so by noting it in their preface. This partial quote is instructive from http://www.biblecollectors.org/articles/tetra... .

"This background has resulted in two opposing viewpoints amongst translators today. One is to follow the long established practice of substituting a title for the TG, usually LORD in all capitals. Smith and Goodspeed’s American Translation calls this following “the orthodox Jewish tradition.” 1 However, there are certain texts such as Exodus 6:3 where many feel the sense is incomplete without a proper name. On such occasions many leave tradition and insert a form of the TG. This pattern, started with Tyndale, was popularized by the KJV which used the form Jehovah on four occasions. 2The alternative view is that the name should be consistently restored in the English version, wherever this can be supported by the Hebrew text. Depending on the actual text used this can vary between 5,500 3 and nearly 7,000 4 times. It is held that later Jewish tradition should not be the determining factor. If the earliest extant manuscripts (including the Dead Sea Scrolls) use a distinctive name so many times, then accurate translation demands the same. But what form should the name take"

The use of Lord was so engrained in the Jewish culture that saying it in Pubic could be detrimental to ones health and safety. Flavius Josepheus who wrote the Histry of the Jews and was a advisor at the court of the Roman Emperors inlcluding Titus(the Roman General who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD) noted how Jews would react to the use of the sacred name.

I consider it Satan's greatest victory by succeeding in removing Almigthy Gods identity and simply using a title--- what next ---everyone will have no name and be simply be called Human, our dog is called dog and our cat called cat.

All the Best

Dave

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6265 Oct 6, 2013
Erik wrote:
<quoted text>

So, how is it that God is called Lord when 'to us there is but one God...' and '...one Lord...'
As pointed out sooooooooooo many times before on this forum, in Mark 12:29.

Two things.

[1.] Jesus quoting Deuteronomy 6:4 calls Jehovah: "...((( OUR ))) GOD..."
[2.] Jesus refers to Jehovah as: "...HE..." in the grammatical third person singular.

Doctrinal statements of the utmost importance, wouldn't you agree?

Jesus and the Jewish Scribe, who both agree doctrinally, use the grammatical third person singular to refer to:

[1.] "...Jehovah our God, He is one Jehovah..."
[2.] "...the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob..."

In the same context, and in the cross references, or parallel accounts:

Mark 12:29:“...HE IS...”
Mark 12:32(A):“...HE IS...”
Mark 12:32(B):“...HE IS...”
Mark 12:33(A):“...OF HIM...”
Mark 12:37(A):“...HE IS...”
Luke 20:38(A):“...HE IS...”
Luke 20:38(C):“...TO HIM...”
Matt 22:32:“...HE IS...”

Mark 12:29: Gk.,( ESTIN ) grammatical third person singular
Mark 12:32(A): Gk.,( ESTIN ) grammatical third person singular
Mark 12:32(B): Gk.,( ESTIN ) grammatical third person singular
Mark 12:33(A): Gk.,( AUTOU ) grammatical third person singular
Mark 12:27(A): Gk.,( ESTIN ) grammatical third person singular
Luke 20:38(A): Gk.,( ESTIN ) grammatical third person singular
Luke 20:38(C): Gk.,( AUTW ) grammatical third person singular
Matt 22:32: Gk.,( ESTIN ) grammatical third person singular

* Grammatical first person = speaking ( of ) himself: "...I..."
* Grammatical second person = speaking ( to ) another: "...YOU..."
* Grammatical third person = speaking ( of ) another: "...HE..." or "...HIM..."

Proof:

Mark 12:29

“...But, he, Jesus replied to him:“For this one is first, hear O Israel, Jehovah,((( OUR GOD ))), Jehovah,((( HE ))) is one...”

Mark 12:32-33

“...Right! Well! Teacher, truthfully you said,((( HE ))) IS ONE, and there is not another except ((( HIM ))). And to be loving ((( HIM )))...”

Mark 12:37

“...((( HE ))) is not God of the dead but of the living. You are badly deceived...”

Luke 20:38

“...((( HE ))) is not God of the dead but of the living, because all are living to ((( HIM )))...”

Matthew 22:32

“...I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob?((( HE ))) is not the God of the dead, but of the living...”

Jesus does not speak of, or identify him-self as, or even say that he is,(pun intended), either the:

[1.] "...ONE JEHOVAH..."
[2.] "...THE GOD ( OF ) ABRAHAM..." etc.

Rather he is identified as:

Acts 3:13 "...((( HIS ))) SERVANT JESUS..."!
Acts 3:36 "...((( HIS ))) SERVANT..."!
Acts 4:27 "...((( YOUR ))) HOLY SERVANT JESUS..."!
Hebrews 3:1 "...THE ((( EMISSARY ))) OF GOD...”!

Location hidden

#6266 Oct 6, 2013
Erik wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a reading problem? Read my post again:
Erik wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, HOW IS IT THAT GOD IS CALLED LORD WHEN "...TO US IS BUT ***ONE GOD***..." AND "...***ONE LORD***..."?
Since there Scriptures tell us that there is only ONE LORD, then, how is it that God is [also] called LORD?
(Or simple questions are too difficult for you to understand? Yet, when I say to you, you JWs DON'T ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS, you call me 'LIAR!))
What in particular do you find troubling about what the Bible says?

That Jesus called the one Jehovah: "...Our God..."?

That Jesus identified another person as: "...He is One Jehovah..."?

That the apostle identified only the Father as the: "...One God..."?

That Jesus identified another person as: "...The God ( of ) Abraham ... He is ... to Him..."?

Or that the apostle identifies the Father as: "...The God ( of ) our --- LORD..."?

Or that Jesus identified his God as: "...You the only true God..."?

What don't you understand about it?

What's the big problem?

Location hidden

#6267 Oct 6, 2013
Note the ( natural ) understanding of the text conveyed.

And the ( consistent ) pattern throughout the New Testament:

[1.] "...THE GOD ( OF ) Abraham..." Acts 3:13(A)
[2.] "...THE GOD ( OF )[…] Isaac..." Acts 3:13(B)
[3.] "...THE GOD ( OF )[…] Jacob..." Acts 3:13(C)
[4.] "...THE GOD ( OF )[…] our forefathers..." Acts 3:13(D)

[5.] "...THE GOD ---( OF )--- our lord Jesus Christ..." Ephesians 1:17

[6.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our lord Jesus Christ..." Ephesians 1:3
[7.] "...THE GOD -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." Ephesians 1:17
[8.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." Romans 15:6)
[9.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." 2nd Corinthians 1:3
[10.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." (2nd Corinthians 11:31
[11.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." Colossians 1:3
[12.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." 1st Peter 1:3

JESUS AS A MAN UPON EARTH

[1.] Jesus the man ------ says: "...MY GOD..." Mark 15:34(A).
[2.] Jesus the man ------ says: "...MY GOD..." Mark 15:34(B).
[3.] Jesus the man ------ says: "...MY GOD, AND YOUR GOD..." John 20:17.
[4.] Jesus the man ------ says: "...MY GOD..." Matthew 27:46(A).
[5.] Jesus the man ------ says: "...MY GOD..." Matthew 27:46(B).
[6.] Jesus the man ------ says:“...OUR GOD...” Mark 12:29

JESUS IN HEAVEN

[7.] Jesus in heaven ------ says: "...BEFORE MY GOD..." Revelation 3:2(D).
[8.] Jesus in heaven ------ says: "...THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD..." Revelation 3:12(A).
[9.] Jesus in heaven ------ says: "...THE NAME OF MY GOD..." Revelation 3:12(B).
[10.] Jesus in heaven ------ says: "...THE CITY OF MY GOD..." Revelation 3:12(C).
[11.] Jesus in heaven ------ says: "...FROM MY GOD..." Revelation 3:12(D).

Gk.,( HO THEOS MOU ) literally:“...OF-THE GOD OF-ME...” Revelation 3:2(D).
Gk.,( HO THEOS MOU ) literally:“...OF-THE GOD OF-ME...” Revelation 3:12(A).
Gk.,( HO THEOS MOU ) literally:“...OF-THE GOD OF-ME...” Revelation 3:12(B).
Gk.,( HO THEOS MOU ) literally:“...OF-THE GOD OF-ME...” Revelation 3:12(C).
Gk.,( HO THEOS MOU ) literally:“...OF-THE GOD OF-ME...” Revelation 3:12(D).

Location hidden

#6268 Oct 6, 2013
Note the:

"...THE GOD ( OF ) ABRAHAM..."

"...THE GOD ( OF )..." etc etc.

Parts in the verses below:

Mark 12:26-27

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)

“...how God spoke to him: I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob?((( HE ))) is not God of the dead but of the living. You are badly deceived...”

Luke 20:37-38

“...where he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.((( HE ))) is not God of the dead but of the living, because all are living to ((( HIM )))...”

Matthew 22:31-32

“...what was spoken to you by God: I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob?((( HE ))) is not the God of the dead, but of the living...”

Again! Note the:

"...THE GOD ( OF ) ABRAHAM..."

"...THE GOD ( OF ) OUR FATHERS..."

"...THE GOD ( OF )..." etc etc.

Acts 3:13

New International Version

"...The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,------ the God of our fathers,------ has glorified ((( HIS ))) SERVANT JESUS. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go..."

Acts 3:36

Weymouth New Testament

"...It is to you first that God, after raising ((( HIS ))) SERVANT from the grave, has sent Him to bless you, by causing every one of you to turn from your wickedness..."

Acts 4:26-27

NET Bible

"...The kings of the earth stood together, and the rulers assembled together, against the Lord and against ((( HIS ))) Christ. For indeed both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, assembled together in this city against ((( YOUR ))) HOLY SERVANT JESUS, whom ((( YOU ))) anointed..."

Hebrews 1:9

"...God ((( YOUR ))) God anointed you..."

Note what Jesus in ( contrast ) to the God of Abraham is called:

"...((( HIS ))) SERVANT JESUS..."!
"...((( HIS ))) SERVANT..."!
"...((( YOUR ))) HOLY SERVANT JESUS..."!

Now take note of this simple comparison of scripture and the ( natural ) understanding of the text which is conveyed.

And also note the ( consistent ) pattern throughout the New Testament:

[1.] "...THE GOD ( OF ) Abraham..." Acts 3:13(A)
[2.] "...THE GOD ( OF )[…] Isaac..." Acts 3:13(B)
[3.] "...THE GOD ( OF )[…] Jacob..." Acts 3:13(C)
[4.] "...THE GOD ( OF )[…] our forefathers..." Acts 3:13(D)

[5.] "...THE GOD ---( OF )--- our lord Jesus Christ..." Ephesians 1:17

[6.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our lord Jesus Christ..." Ephesians 1:3
[7.] "...THE GOD -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." Ephesians 1:17
[8.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." Romans 15:6)
[9.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." 2nd Corinthians 1:3
[10.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." (2nd Corinthians 11:31
[11.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." Colossians 1:3
[12.] "...THE GOD - AND FATHER -( OF )- our Lord Jesus Christ..." 1st Peter 1:3

Location hidden

#6269 Oct 6, 2013
Hebrews 3:1

Phillips New Testament

"...So then, my brothers in holiness who share the highest of all callings, I want you to think of ((( THE MESSENGER ))) and High Priest of the faith we hold, Christ Jesus..."

Exegesis Expanded Bible [Rendering C]

"...So all of you holy brothers and sisters, who were called by God, think about Jesus, who was sent to us &#8239;((( A COMMISSIONED MESSENGER ))) and is the high priest &#8239;of our confession..."

Gk.,( APOSTOLOS ) "...A COMMISSIONED MESSENGER..."

Gk.,( APOSTOLOS )= Definition (BDAG):“...of messengers with extraordinary status, esp. of God’s MESSENGER, ENVOY [...] it refers to persons who are dispatched for a specific purpose, and the context determines the status or function expressed in such Eng. terms as ‘AMBASSADOR, DELEGATE, MESSENGER...”

“email at ihveit@aol.com ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6270 Oct 6, 2013
Matt13weedhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
John 10:33-35
Lexham English Bible (LEB)
"...Jesus answered them,“Is it not written in your law,‘I said,“You are gods”’? 35 If he ((( CALLED ))) them ‘gods’ to whom the word of God came—and the scripture cannot be broken..."
ihv you just grabbed a verse out of context to try to appear like you know something.. and now so you are saying all the ones i mentioned were wrong or lied or was mis informed??

again here they are
john called
thomas ------- called
peter ------- called
paul ------- called
jeremiah ------- called
isiah called
justin myrtyr ------- called
irenaeus ------- called
ignatius ------- called

maybe later i will put your verse back into context and show how misled you were
will

will

“email at ihveit@aol.com ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6271 Oct 6, 2013
Matt13weedhacker wrote:
Phillips New Testament
"...So then, my brothers in holiness who share the highest of all callings, I want you to think of ((( THE MESSENGER ))) and High Priest of the faith we hold, Christ Jesus..."
"...So all of you holy brothers and sisters, who were called by God, think about Jesus, who was sent to us &#8239;((( A COMMISSIONED MESSENGER ))) and is the high priest &#8239;of our confession..."
Gk.,( APOSTOLOS )= Definition (BDAG):“...of messengers with extraordinary status, esp. of God’s MESSENGER, ENVOY [...] it refers to persons who are dispatched for a specific purpose, and the context determines the status or function expressed in such Eng. terms as ‘AMBASSADOR, DELEGATE, MESSENGER...”
ihv and you really think we all read all this conviluted crap ... you cant put two sentences together... so yoyu resort to stupidity
will
dee lightful

Easley, SC

#6272 Oct 6, 2013
Matt13weedhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
What in particular do you find troubling about what the Bible says?
That Jesus called the one Jehovah: "...Our God..."?
That Jesus identified another person as: "...He is One Jehovah..."?
That the apostle identified only the Father as the: "...One God..."?
That Jesus identified another person as: "...The God ( of ) Abraham ... He is ... to Him..."?
Or that the apostle identifies the Father as: "...The God ( of ) our --- LORD..."?
Or that Jesus identified his God as: "...You the only true God..."?
What don't you understand about it?
What's the big problem?
None of that is a problem, Matt. The problem is how do you explain believing in two gods, Mighty and Almighty and out of the other side of you mouth say you believe in one true God. is the Mighty God then a false God? You need make up your mind.

Location hidden

#6273 Oct 6, 2013
Matt13weedhacker wrote:
Phillips New Testament
Hi Matt

It is the Jewish concept of agency that many on this thread fail to grasp or don't want to. The following is a partial quote from a web site where Agency is discussed.

http://lhim.org/blog/2013/05/23/is-yhwhs-serv...

" Agent (Heb. Shaliah): The main point of the Jewish law of agency is expressed in the dictum,‘a person’s agent is regarded as the person himself’(Ned. 72B; Kidd, 41b). Therefore any act committed by a duly appointed agent is regarded as having been committed by the principal, who therefore bears full responsibility for it with consequent complete absence of liability.”[2]

Therefore, an agent sent in the name of his master was to be received as the master himself, as though it were the master himself who was speaking and acting. Aubrey Johnson, author ofThe One and Many in the Israelite Conception of God, clarifies this concept:

In Hebrew thought a patriarch’s personality extended through his entire household to his wives, his sons and their wives, his daughters, servants in his household and even in some sense his property…In a specialized sense when the patriarch as lord of his household deputized his trusted servant as his malak (his messenger or angel) the man was endowed with the authority and resources of his lord to represent him fully and transact business in his name. In Semitic thought this messenger-representative was conceived of as being personally – and in his very words – the presence of the sender."

In the ancient world ----Kings used trusted Representatives to communicate--- there were no phones or airplanes.

All the Best

Dave

Location hidden

#6274 Oct 6, 2013
beckyss wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dave, My apologies. I should not have used the term 'true christian'. Because yes, there are many people who do have the heart of Christ and strive every day to be like him and this is what a 'true-christian' is... Please accept my apology.
So now let me regroup my thought. I don't believe a person can be an evolutionist and a "true christian understanding" at the same time. How can one serve God and Christ if one does not believe the very first core belief of who God is and what He has done? He is the Creator of all things. He created the heavens and earth, the land and seas, the animals, the plants, the fish etc... and then He breathed the breath of life into man.. Gen 2:1-3 By the seventh day God has finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
Now if creation had evolved then why did God need to rest from work... Evolution would have done the work over the millions of years. Why does the bible state in Gen 1:30....And to all the beasts of the earth....everything that has the "BREATH OF LIFE" in it? Why would God Breath life into anything if it evolved and didn't need His breath of life?(NIV Study Bible)
Science is important, but science is NOT exact, especially in terms of Evolution. We weren't there so we can't prove it. God's word is here and we can prove and put in our faith in His words that He is the creator of all life forms.. It states very clearly that man was created in God's image... How could man have evolved into the image of God from random particles running into each other as evolution holds with the BBT?
Dave you present yourself as an incredibly intelligent man and very well versed in many research areas. May I ask what is your personal definition of a Christian? I like to know what thought process I am "debating" with. If you prefer to send me a private message, that would be fine.
Have a good evening and God's blessings!
Becky
Hi Becky

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I was reading up on Evolution and Intelligent Design and I came across a definition that gives the difference between a Atheist and a Christian.
(1) Christian --- God made something out of nothing
(2) Atheist --- Nothing made something out nothing

Thanks for the compliment -- I will have to tell my friends and family that they are wrong about me been dumb -- LOL.

In regards to what my beliefs are -- I will have to carefully craft it so I don't become a target. LOL.

I will respond in more detail in a day or two.

All the Best

Dave
Erik

Linlithgow, UK

#6275 Oct 7, 2013
Dave47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Eric
You are being disingenuous with the above comments.
You are or should be aware that Mark 12:29 is a direct quote from Deuteronomy 6:4 which in the original Hebrew used the Tetragrammaton . The tetragrammaton was changed to LORD and the Bibles that translate that way did so by noting it in their preface. This partial quote is instructive from http://www.biblecollectors.org/articles/tetra... .
"This background has resulted in two opposing viewpoints amongst translators today. One is to follow the long established practice of substituting a title for the TG, usually LORD in all capitals. Smith and Goodspeed’s American Translation calls this following “the orthodox Jewish tradition.” 1 However, there are certain texts such as Exodus 6:3 where many feel the sense is incomplete without a proper name. On such occasions many leave tradition and insert a form of the TG. This pattern, started with Tyndale, was popularized by the KJV which used the form Jehovah on four occasions. 2The alternative view is that the name should be consistently restored in the English version, wherever this can be supported by the Hebrew text. Depending on the actual text used this can vary between 5,500 3 and nearly 7,000 4 times. It is held that later Jewish tradition should not be the determining factor. If the earliest extant manuscripts (including the Dead Sea Scrolls) use a distinctive name so many times, then accurate translation demands the same. But what form should the name take"
The use of Lord was so engrained in the Jewish culture that saying it in Pubic could be detrimental to ones health and safety. Flavius Josepheus who wrote the Histry of the Jews and was a advisor at the court of the Roman Emperors inlcluding Titus(the Roman General who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD) noted how Jews would react to the use of the sacred name.
I consider it Satan's greatest victory by succeeding in removing Almigthy Gods identity and simply using a title--- what next ---everyone will have no name and be simply be called Human, our dog is called dog and our cat called cat.
All the Best
Dave
Dave, I don't think I am disingeneous meanly because it wasn't a comment but a question. Perhaps you thought to be a comment because I missed the question mark, I don't know.

So, let me rephrase it:

So, how is it that God is called LORD GOD when 'to us there is but ***one GOD***...' and '...***one LORD***...'?

Is it possible that God CAN BE called GOD because He IS God and Jesus CAN BE called God because He IS God?

After all, in Isaiah 9:6 we read that Jesus will be called MIGHTY GOD and EVERLASTING FATHER; so, how is it that Jesus IS called MIGHTY GOD and EVERLASTING FATHER if He IS NOT? I DO NOT believe the Scriptures would call Jesus MIGHTY GOD and EVERLASTING FATHER if He IS NOT!

JWs believe that Jesus IS NOT a FALSE GOD. So, since Jesus IS NOT a FALSE GOD, He MUST BE a TRUE GOD which makes TWO TRUE GODS; yet, JWs believe in ONE TRUE GOD where in fact they have TWO TRUE GOD.

But what does THE ONLY TRUE GOD mean where in fact we have TWO TRUE GODS [I would say so far]?

Could it be that, since Jesus IS a TRUE GOD and the Father IS a TRUE GOD, these TWO TRUE GODS make THE ONLY TRUE GOD which means "The Lord our God is one Lord"? Bear in mind, Jesus said, "I and my Father are one", meaning TWO GODS = ONE!

Is nothing disingenuous in that, I would have thought...

Location hidden

#6276 Oct 7, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> None of that is a problem, Matt. The problem is how do you explain believing in two gods, Mighty and Almighty and out of the other side of you mouth say you believe in one true God. is the Mighty God then a false God? You need make up your mind.
JUSTIN MARTYR (circa. 110-165 C.E.):“...The name Israel, then, means a man who overcomes power, for Isra is 'a man who overcomes' and ((( EL IS 'POWER )))...”-(Chapter 125, Verse 3,“Dialogue With Trypho,” Translated by Kevin P. Edgecomb, Berkeley, California, 2003.)

What do you think Justin the Samaritan meant when he said:

Heb.,( EL ) as in Heb.,( EL GIBBOR )

"...EL IS POWER..."?

Location hidden

#6277 Oct 7, 2013
Erik wrote:
<quoted text>

So, let me rephrase it:

So, how is it that God is called LORD GOD when 'to us there is but ***one GOD***...' and '...***one LORD***...'?

Mark 12:32-33

“The New Testament: An Expanded Translation,” By Wuest, Kenneth S., Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company 1997.

"...TEACHER, TRUTHFULLY YOU SAID :((( HE ))) IS ONE..."

What did Jesus actually say?

"...((( HE ))) IS ONE..."

His words:

"...JEHOVAH ((( OUR ))) GOD,((( HE ))) IS ONE JEHOVAH..."

Note:

"...TEACHER, TRUTHFULLY YOU SAID..."

Location hidden

#6278 Oct 7, 2013
Erik wrote:
<quoted text>

But what does THE ONLY TRUE GOD mean where in fact we have TWO TRUE GODS [I would say so far]?
It means you have been misled by your own faulty reasoning, deceiving yourself.

Your fighting against God.
Rudi

Linlithgow, UK

#6279 Oct 7, 2013
Boni, please could you tell us if you are a man or a woman, or, as so for as you know, you don't know!
Erik

Linlithgow, UK

#6280 Oct 7, 2013
Question to JWs:

The Bible says in Zephaniah 1:18,

"...but by the fire of his zeal the whole earth will be devoured, because he will make an extermination, indeed a terrible one, of all the inhabitants of the earth." (NWT)

If the WTS’s teaching that the present earth will never be destroyed or depopulated is correct, then why does the Bible say that the "whole earth" will be "devoured", and "all the inhabitants of the earth" will be exterminated? What do the words "devoured" and "all" mean to you? How can a great crowd of people continue to live on forever in paradise on earth after Armageddon if "ALL the inhabitants of the earth" will be exterminated?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bamboozled 12 min sidgi 9
Why I'm STILL one of Jehovah's Witnesses... 16 min aadriver 31
An example on how apostates are condemned? 53 min Johan Henze 45
Hebrews 9:27 1 hr red blood relative 758
Why was the NWT written? (Dec '13) 1 hr array 471
Jehovah's Witnesses and John 1:3 3 hr curtjester1 160
Is there ANYTHING that Pat/Churchianity knows @... 4 hr Anna P 7
JW'S are 100% right about the trinity? 7 hr Maravilla 1,020
•••
Enter and win $5000