Teenage-daughter Testifies
Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#1 Sep 9, 2009
The teenage daughter of a Murrieta man on trial charged with his wife’s death did not look at her father when she testified on behalf of the prosecution today.

Kelle Lee Jarka glanced downward a few times while his daughter, Alexandra, testified.

Alexandra, 13, answered questions about family friends and the ways of the everyday mechanics of the Jarka household.

Her testimony completed the prosecution’s case against Kelle Jarka, 41, on trial charged with murder for financial gain in connection with the 2008 death of his wife, Isabelle Jarka.

Deputy District Attorney Burke Strunsky asked the teenage girl about her father’s relationship with Jose Cespedes.

“He was one of my dad’s best friends I think,” she answered in a firm yet delicate-sounding voice.

Cespedes, an elder in the Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation the Jarka’s belonged to, had a different way of characterizing the friendship when he testified last week.

When asked if he personally knew Kelle Jarka, Cespedes testified “A little bit yes.”

Cespedes made it clear in his testimony that did not consider Jarka a close friend, despite the few shared family vacations they took together.

Prior to her testimony Tuesday, Strunsky called another family friend, Mina Perez, to the stand.

Perez, whose family went to church with the Jarka’s, testified she learned a day before Isabelle’s death about a rumor.

“The rumor was you were having a romance with Kelle?” asked Strunsky.

That was the rumor, Perez testified, but it was not true.

Kelle Jarka came to the hospital while her husband was sick, Perez testified. He also came to visit the family in the wake of her husband’s death, Perez testified.

Perez’s husband died March 22, 2008 of AIDS and she’d asked Jarka to keep his disease a secret.

Isabelle Jarka was found dead inside the family’s Tamarisk Street on April 28, 2008 — a month after Perez’s husband died. Isabelle Jarka was bludgeoned to death, suffering 11 blows to the head with a blunt object.

Earlier in the trial, Cespedes testified Isabelle Jarka called him to her home and talked about her concerns after learning Kelle kept secret about their friend having AIDS.

During Tuesday’s testimony, Perez said Kelle Jarka joined her family for dinner in May 2008 — on the first wedding anniversary after her husband’s death.

When questioned by defense attorney Erin Kirkpatrick, Perez testified the Jarka’s took trips with the Perez family to Europe and Mexico.

“Your Relationship with Kelle, was it close?” Kirkpatrick asked.

“No. His family and my family were friends.”

When asked about the relationship between Kelle and Isabelle Jarka, Perez testified she never saw the couple fight and they appeared happy.

It was common within the congregation for people to help others when someone dies, she testified.

Strunsky later asked if Perez had plans to attend a concert with Jarka after Isabelle died.

Yes, she said.

Kirkpatrick then asked if anyone else was attending the concert. Perez replied her sisters and their husbands were going as well.

The defense is expected to begin its case this afternoon.

Read more: http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-riverside/2009...
Prime

United States

#2 Sep 9, 2009
WOW! All the stuff the JW FANATICS SAY DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THEKH! You have the elder hiding the fact that he was a good friend to the murder and at the same time calling the little girl a liar! You have the rumor's and gossip going around in the KH from all the non judgemental witnesses!Someone dying of aids! This is going to be a great movie of the week!You know that the WT will do whatever it takes to save face! Let's see what the self-professed JW's on this forum will say or will they stay away? ROTFLMAO! Thank's for the update HW!
Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#3 Sep 9, 2009
http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-riverside/2009...

I couldn't believe this elder who is accused of murdering his wife in April is having dinner with this other woman in May and planing to attend a concert with her??

I guess it would explain some of these searches found on his computer.
"Ong’s testimony also touched on internet searches done between April 2 and April 18, 2008.

Those searches were for: HSBC insurance; how life insurance pays out; erotic asphyxiation how long does it take to suffocate; gun shops in Corona, suffocation via trash bags sex with HIV; and falling 12 feet.

Kirkpatrick asked Ong about other searches done on that computer.

On April 2, 2008 searches were done for: pepper spray, flare gun and, within the same minute, Coupons for the store, Icing.

Ong testified about numerous Internet searches that were not dated. Those online searches were for: Life insurance without an examination; fastest life insurance payoff; when do you get life insurance benefits; can falls from 10 to 12 feet kill you; best drugs for suicide, when to remarry after a spouse’s death."

Prime

United States

#4 Sep 9, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
http://www.swrnn.com/southwest -riverside/2009-09-08/news/jar ka-trial-computer-analyst-test ifies-about-findings-in-killin g-of-murrieta-woman
I couldn't believe this elder who is accused of murdering his wife in April is having dinner with this other woman in May and planing to attend a concert with her??
I guess it would explain some of these searches found on his computer.
"Ong’s testimony also touched on internet searches done between April 2 and April 18, 2008.
Those searches were for: HSBC insurance; how life insurance pays out; erotic asphyxiation how long does it take to suffocate; gun shops in Corona, suffocation via trash bags sex with HIV; and falling 12 feet.
Kirkpatrick asked Ong about other searches done on that computer.
On April 2, 2008 searches were done for: pepper spray, flare gun and, within the same minute, Coupons for the store, Icing.
Ong testified about numerous Internet searches that were not dated. Those online searches were for: Life insurance without an examination; fastest life insurance payoff; when do you get life insurance benefits; can falls from 10 to 12 feet kill you; best drugs for suicide, when to remarry after a spouse’s death."
WOW! That sure makes it look like he was having an affair! I be the WT is circling the wagons has we speak!
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#5 Sep 9, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
The teenage daughter of a Murrieta man on trial charged with his wife’s death did not look at her father when she testified on behalf of the prosecution today.
Kelle Lee Jarka glanced downward a few times while his daughter, Alexandra, testified.
Alexandra, 13, answered questions about family friends and the ways of the everyday mechanics of the Jarka household.
Her testimony completed the prosecution’s case against Kelle Jarka, 41, on trial charged with murder for financial gain in connection with the 2008 death of his wife, Isabelle Jarka.
Deputy District Attorney Burke Strunsky asked the teenage girl about her father’s relationship with Jose Cespedes.
“He was one of my dad’s best friends I think,” she answered in a firm yet delicate-sounding voice.
Cespedes, an elder in the Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation the Jarka’s belonged to, had a different way of characterizing the friendship when he testified last week.
When asked if he personally knew Kelle Jarka, Cespedes testified “A little bit yes.”
Cespedes made it clear in his testimony that did not consider Jarka a close friend, despite the few shared family vacations they took together.
Prior to her testimony Tuesday, Strunsky called another family friend, Mina Perez, to the stand.
Perez, whose family went to church with the Jarka’s, testified she learned a day before Isabelle’s death about a rumor.
“The rumor was you were having a romance with Kelle?” asked Strunsky.
That was the rumor, Perez testified, but it was not true.
Kelle Jarka came to the hospital while her husband was sick, Perez testified. He also came to visit the family in the wake of her husband’s death, Perez testified.
Perez’s husband died March 22, 2008 of AIDS and she’d asked Jarka to keep his disease a secret.
Isabelle Jarka was found dead inside the family’s Tamarisk Street on April 28, 2008 — a month after Perez’s husband died. Isabelle Jarka was bludgeoned to death, suffering 11 blows to the head with a blunt object.
Earlier in the trial, Cespedes testified Isabelle Jarka called him to her home and talked about her concerns after learning Kelle kept secret about their friend having AIDS.
During Tuesday’s testimony, Perez said Kelle Jarka joined her family for dinner in May 2008 — on the first wedding anniversary after her husband’s death.
When questioned by defense attorney Erin Kirkpatrick, Perez testified the Jarka’s took trips with the Perez family to Europe and Mexico.
“Your Relationship with Kelle, was it close?” Kirkpatrick asked.
“No. His family and my family were friends.”
When asked about the relationship between Kelle and Isabelle Jarka, Perez testified she never saw the couple fight and they appeared happy.
It was common within the congregation for people to help others when someone dies, she testified.
Strunsky later asked if Perez had plans to attend a concert with Jarka after Isabelle died.
Yes, she said.
Kirkpatrick then asked if anyone else was attending the concert. Perez replied her sisters and their husbands were going as well.
The defense is expected to begin its case this afternoon.
Does anyone remember the 60's TV show "Peyton Place"?

Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#6 Sep 9, 2009
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/murrieta/ar...
The trial resumes Friday with closing statements scheduled and the jury expected to begin deliberations.
The case is attracting some national attention, as a reporter with ABC's "20/20" program asked Judge Timothy Freer on Wednesday to allow Friday's proceedings to be videotaped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God's Name WAS in the Original NT!!! (Sep '16) 2 min Udere 2,227
JW BROADCASTING.. Are the angels that selective... 3 min red blood relative 2
Hebrews 1:13-14 4 min Samson 280
News Jehovah's Witnesses fear Russian government may... 7 min peely 3
Unforgiveable Sin 14 min Newtonian 9
ARC proves that JW children are 10 times Safer 22 min diogenes 12
What does this mean? 30 min red blood relative 844
News Russia's Plan to Ban Jehovah's Witnesses Puts E... 41 min red blood relative 29
Hey JW Subliminal Artist!! YOU are done! 1 hr I_know_better_now 138
More from around the web