Watchtower Building In Heights Sells for $7.1M

Jan 3, 2012 Full story: The Brooklyn Daily Eagle 358

A Brooklyn Heights multi-family building previously owned by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has been sold by Massey Knakal Realty Services.

Full Story
jace

Clinton, MD

#67 Mar 31, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The WTS gives away free of charge Bibles and Bible based books and magazines throughout the world in many different languages.
Could you explain how this helps 6 yr old Orphan?

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this to look after orphans"
one

Euless, TX

#68 Mar 31, 2012
You got my boi bobbing & weaving Jace.

People, this corporation, the Watchtower Bible tract society is a multi-million dollar corporation who claims to be Gods appointed organization here on earth yet they have absolutely NO charitable programs. NOT ONE. Beit a soup kitchen, or a simple clothing donation drive, they do NOTHING but hawk magazines and build more kingdom halls where they're build off the sweat of their worker bees and the deed is owned by the society.

Crazy but true. Money laundering I believe its called.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#69 Apr 1, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to this stupid argument again. The WTS is bound by law to spend DONATED FUNDS on the things that they were donated for - distributing Bibles and books.
It is the same for ANY non-profit organisation.
For instance a cat rescue centre is NOT ALLOWED BY LAW to give its donated funds to hungry homeless people.
Where is the donation box located in the KH that says, "For purchase of real estate"?
Yeah right

Bradenton, FL

#70 Apr 1, 2012
most anti-witness posts are done by former JW's
who have been removed for immoral conduct.
I have an idea--why not go and join the Catholic church--
they will accept any kind of conduct as long as you put
the getis in the collection plate.:)
Cult Defenders are Liars

Lexington, KY

#71 Apr 1, 2012
Yeah right wrote:
I have an idea--why not go and join the Catholic church--
they will accept any kind of conduct as long as you put
the getis in the collection plate.:)
This post is an excellent example of the lies posted by jehovah's witness wannabees.

These fools point to other religions to take the heat off of Satan's cult, the jehovah's witnesses.

While the Catholics are a cult, and have false teachings, the jehovah's witnesses are much more wicked and controlled by Satan.

People who do "anti-witness" posts are true Christians who expose Satan's cult, the non-Christian jehovah's witnesses who produce false prophecies, false doctrines, false scriptures, and molested children.

Those who defend this wicked cult, the jehovah's witnesses, are servant's of Satan.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#73 Apr 1, 2012
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the donation box located in the KH that says, "For purchase of real estate"?
And where is the collection box that has the label "for lawsuits lodged against the WTS"? Litigation costs are expensive....and SOMEONE has to foot these bills!

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#75 Apr 1, 2012
shelly the GREAT wrote:
<quoted text>
But according to uneducated gareth ,jehovah will provide ,funny thing ,,their losing members which means less money ,so where is jehovah providing ?
As for the losing of members...there are so many factors that can determine this loss. The devastating economy and cost of gas, has greatly reduced how often the family will pile into the car and go much of anywhere....to church, meetings, service, shopping for necessities and even visiting with others.

Attendance to churches AND Kingdom Halls has been greatly affected by this alone, besides those that are lucky enough to HAVE jobs...often will carry TWO jobs trying to make ends meet and they are both mentally and physically exhausted.

Folks are struggling to keep things together but this economy has beaten down so many despite whatever faith or religion they follow. God does provide what HE thinks are the basic necessities and this doesn't particularly apply to the idea of providing gas to get to the Kingdom Hall or to be traveling all over the place to be "out in field service".

This is why I so strongly feel that since we are ALL facing this dilemma as a family, the family of mankind, that we really need to be there FOR one another no matter how or where we choose to worship.

We need to show our willingness to work FOR each other in harmony WITH one another....and this has to be done before we can ever hope to live forever on an earth where His will is going to be done.

Since: Mar 12

Baltimore, MD

#76 Apr 1, 2012
remnant143999 wrote:
Why didn't the wtbts donate the building with the stipulation that the building only can be used by the community for housing for the needy,elderly and feed people. The wtbts would be known for what they did and recieve a right off.It would make for perfect public relations.Faith with out works is dead!
remnant gret observation, faith wth out works, show the love

Since: Mar 12

Baltimore, MD

#77 Apr 1, 2012
one wrote:
People, this corporation, the Watchtower Bible tract society is a multi-million dollar corporation who claims to be Gods appointed organization here on earth yet they have absolutely NO charitable programs. NOT ONE. Beit a soup kitchen, or a simple clothing donation drive, they do NOTHING but hawk magazines and build more kingdom halls where they're build off the sweat of their worker bees and the deed is owned by the society.
are you for real,they give nothing back???
Moliner

Enterprise, AL

#78 Apr 1, 2012
one wrote:
Dude, do I run a multi-million dollar corporation? Am I claiming to be Gods mouthpiece here on earth? I do do what I can to help others but keep it between me and my God. Trust me, anything I'd do would be more than your arrogant, self appointed, Satan lead cult has done in its whole existence.
You are a true Snake. A wolf in sheep's clothing here to KNOWINGLY mislead us from Christ.
You're knowingly deceitful and will have to account for this someday.
You don't keep it between you and your god.

You're on here, spouting off on how everyone should be like you.

Not everyone believes what you do and none of us have to answer to you for our beliefs, or lack of.

WTBS, or any other entity in this country can pretty much dispose of their property in any manner they see fit. You're approval is not a prerequisite.
one

Euless, TX

#79 Apr 1, 2012
kerry butler wrote:
<quoted text>are you for real,they give nothing back???
Not one cent. Not one freaking cent.
Jace

Clinton, MD

#80 Apr 1, 2012
one wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you're making this stuff up right?
Do me a favor. A few weeks back Gareth accused me or taking this quote out of contexts

Not sure hope that can be done when it's all I'm printed you ask our resident jw to Explain how it was taken out of context???

Thanks

But w
Jace

Clinton, MD

#81 Apr 1, 2012
one wrote:
People, this corporation, the Watchtower Bible tract society is a multi-million dollar corporation who claims to be Gods appointed organization here on earth yet they have absolutely NO charitable programs. NOT ONE. Beit a soup kitchen, or a simple clothing donation drive, they do NOTHING but hawk magazines and build more kingdom halls where they're build off the
sweat of their worker bees and the deed is owned by the society.
I would not call it money laundering But you are correct a a denomation of this size not to have one orphanage anywhere on the face of the earth. Not one rape crisis center anywhere on the face of the earth is really. Telling
one

Euless, TX

#82 Apr 1, 2012
Jace wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not call it money laundering But you are correct a a denomation of this size not to have one orphanage anywhere on the face of the earth. Not one rape crisis center anywhere on the face of the earth is really. Telling
OK, lets not call it money laundering lets just call it greed. Where I'm from, Watts, Los Angeles you see the devil and his demons working on pol everyday. People starving on the streets, crime, murder, drugs are an everyday thing that sometimes you question the existence of a God. But I know that if I stay faithful like Job that Knight be able to be with my daughter in heaven so I stay faithful because inside of me I know its the right thing to do. Yet, instead of actually offering help that would Make a difference they offer me a magazine. Instead of helping my sister down the street who has her eye hanging down her face Cuz her man got jealous with real help they hawk a magazine and fill out their little time card. LOL, THEY ARE A FAKE, A FRONT, a SCAM.
Mart

Miami, FL

#83 Apr 1, 2012
Margarett wrote:
Though we are involved in many charities, we spearhead only 'one' and we put all of our resources towards it.
Judge the integrity of a tree by its leaves. Judge our integrity by the pages of our publications.
Regards.
You mean like the CORRUPTED "Bible" that you've mistranlated ON PURPOSE?

I don't need to judge you, God's Word ALREADY HAS.

http://www.christconnection.net/id1.html
pam

Bakersfield, CA

#84 Apr 1, 2012
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
Because then you would complain that the WTS gave away prime real estate instead of selling it to a developer who could use it to stimulate the local economy.
Question, are they part of Babylon the Great and in finacial trouble like they keep saying the churches of the world are?
It certainly seems like they are!
Bob

Jackson St Forest, CA

#85 Apr 1, 2012
pam wrote:
<quoted text>Question, are they part of Babylon the Great and in finacial trouble like they keep saying the churches of the world are?
Let's pray for all who have been caught alive for that one. That they may have the truth to make them free. I have great pain and sorrow in my soul for them.
Jace

Clinton, MD

#86 Apr 1, 2012
pam wrote:
<quoted text>Question, are they part of Babylon the Great and in finacial trouble like they keep saying the churches of the world are?
No the wt is not in trouble at all

Most folks don't realize the wt has done like any good corporation. Laid off 600 volunteers gone from hardboard books to soft cover that requires no bindery dept

They own every single branch assembly hall and kingd hall on the face of the earth

It has been paid for by others --built for free
And now they can sell th off and reap a wonderful wind fall. In profit

You need to understand the wt pays no salary to anyone They have no insurance for anyone outside of bethel. All co and do have no pension no retirement. No health benifits

If you have any exp whatsoever in owning your own business if you did not have to pay just those items alone. Do you know how much profit apple and Microsoft Would make

Even the catholic church has a retirement plan for their most loyal supporters priest and nuns

Wt on the other hand kicked bethelites out with decades of service

They were told by the society after 5 years they can live the remainder of their days at bethel

See jackA$$$ like Gareth don't know jack about those promises made by the gb to bethelites

Co and do and missionaries the most loyal of loyal no retirement and with no kids as most they will have no safety net provided by the society

Yet they cash in almost a $$$$$ a billion a year tax free and in the last few years they'd have cashed on probably close to a billion dollars in real estate. Around the works that they sold

Wt only needs about 30-50 key men at bethel to run

Writing legal treasury and service dept

They could send everyone else home and contract out all the printing

Do you know how many printing company would want the wt account

In my hall here in dc we has a ms who worked in publishing he did the national geographic mag

He had a trade mag that said wt was the second largest printing outfit behind the US GOV PRINTING OFFICE

do you know how. Many forms the us prints. And wt is number two

So they ain't hurting at all

Is it the amounts they want of course not

Do you think Exxon thinks they have made too much???????
UNchained

Seymour, TN

#87 Apr 1, 2012
Jace wrote:
<quoted text>
No the wt is not in trouble at all
Most folks don't realize the wt has done like any good corporation. Laid off 600 volunteers gone from hardboard books to soft cover that requires no bindery dept
They own every single branch assembly hall and kingd hall on the face of the earth
It has been paid for by others --built for free
And now they can sell th off and reap a wonderful wind fall. In profit
You need to understand the wt pays no salary to anyone They have no insurance for anyone outside of bethel. All co and do have no pension no retirement. No health benifits
If you have any exp whatsoever in owning your own business if you did not have to pay just those items alone. Do you know how much profit apple and Microsoft Would make
Even the catholic church has a retirement plan for their most loyal supporters priest and nuns
Wt on the other hand kicked bethelites out with decades of service
They were told by the society after 5 years they can live the remainder of their days at bethel
See jackA$$$ like Gareth don't know jack about those promises made by the gb to bethelites
Co and do and missionaries the most loyal of loyal no retirement and with no kids as most they will have no safety net provided by the society
Yet they cash in almost a $$$$$ a billion a year tax free and in the last few years they'd have cashed on probably close to a billion dollars in real estate. Around the works that they sold
Wt only needs about 30-50 key men at bethel to run
Writing legal treasury and service dept
They could send everyone else home and contract out all the printing
Do you know how many printing company would want the wt account
In my hall here in dc we has a ms who worked in publishing he did the national geographic mag
He had a trade mag that said wt was the second largest printing outfit behind the US GOV PRINTING OFFICE
do you know how. Many forms the us prints. And wt is number two
So they ain't hurting at all
Is it the amounts they want of course not
Do you think Exxon thinks they have made too much???????
Bingo.

The Watchtower Society's main source of income today is flipping property.
jace

Clinton, MD

#88 Apr 1, 2012
Yeah right wrote:
:)
Could you show us were you got those stats from?

I was an elder and former bethelite- never DFed for anything, so not sure what you mean by anit witness, many of the post are merely Asinine teachings written by the WT editorial staff

they wrote the foolishness, we are just pointing it out

i wouldn't call it anti-jw more like Look at what those fools called Food from God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elders Book 6 min AlanMF 72
Blood from Every Living Animal Serving as Food 9 min Thirdwitness 51
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 15 min Brother P 447
Michelle Rodriguez: Jehovah's Witnesses Scarred... 24 min hMMMMM 55
A warning to SOS/Spike..... (May '13) 25 min Recovered 313
All this Trash Talk; churchoids HATE any kind o... 27 min the Mad JW 33
Becoming a Witness of Jehovah & Christ is Eupho... 29 min Recovered 17
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael 29 min the Mad JW 1,853
Biology Professor says Awake! Magazine Misquote... 1 hr RedhorseWoman 113
Is it true that the Watchtower Society... 1 hr Aneirin 132