Silent Lambs/Bill Bowen Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

“A VERY BAD MAN”

Since: Dec 06

Republic of Elbonia

#452 Dec 16, 2015
spoken by your internet blowhardiness, that is really very credible.
Given your poor grammar, I have no idea what you mean here. I assume you're arguing that I lack credibility because... feels. Perhaps. I don't think people should just take what I say to be the truth because I say it, in the manner that you seem to.
Oh, and everything that the WT reports in its magazines are pretty much devoid of any context and are a whole heck of a lot of 'anecdotal' experiences.
I wouldn't say they lack context, but the details, to the degree they can't be substantiated, should be taken with a grain of salt. I've never suggested otherwise. And we're not discussing some inconsequential experience relayed in a JW publication.
The WT/JW "taqiyya'...
There is no such thing.
...allows you all to lie to anyone about what you believe if you think they have no reason to be told the truth.
The principle of which you speak, and there is quite a scriptural precedent for it, allows a JW not to speak when directed to speak by a "superior authority", in breaking with the command to otherwise be in subjection to said authorities. It does not authorize nor encourage them to, "lie...about what you believe".
I have a lot of years and a lot of family in my ANECDOTAL experience with JWs. I have seen what happens for decades. You can BS some people. I am not one of them.
From your comments, it would seem that describing your association with the JW sect/individuals claiming to be JWs as marginal would be giving it far more credit than it deserves.
BTW, a "whim" isn't exactly the word I would have used. The "judgement" of elders who are guided by the WT...
A comment indicative of your wholesale ignorance of how JW elders actually operate, this is.
...as to whether they are repentant or not is not a whimsical thing.
I'm sure you, and people like you, imagine that there some paper checklist somewhere, published by "WT", that elders look at which tells them whether a certain response to a question indicates repentance, and that none of them actually exercise any individual judgment.

I'm not sure whether that's due to ignorance or an act of your personal jihad, in keeping with the tenet of taqiyya, or just something you say because you're a very butthurt little exDUB who missed out on one too many episodes of The Smurfs.
Whimsical isn't the word. Swift at times. Political at times. Concerned about the JW reputation-surely.
And if a situation calls for swift action, based on the circumstances, it should be. And if it does not, it does not. Your use of the term, "political" in your comments is interesting, given the political aspect of the cult you belong to. That you would project your own ideology on to that which you left behind is not surprising.

I'm not a supporter of the organization, but while EVERY person who has ever been disfellowshipped believes it was unfair, rare has the occasion arisen - and never with regard to the attention-whoring ex/antiJW all-stars on the Internet - where I've considered there to be any miscarriage of "justice".

Since: Nov 15

Location hidden

#453 Dec 16, 2015
FH Chandler wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally, it is. Persons get every benefit of every doubt, unless there is good reason that they shouldn't.
<quoted text>
Child molestation, in addition to being a grievous sin, is also a crime. People who commit it SHOULD be disfellowshipped from the JWs, and subject to similar church discipline in every denomination, regardless of their position - and that more so if/when they actually admit to it.
The boy who was MOLESTED was disfellowshipped. When I first saw someone said that I thought that they were bitter and lying about it-until I read it in the news myself. The female abuser was also DF'd. No one called the police for a month after the JC. It was the mom that called. The female JW worked as a teacher or teaching assistant. So, it was messed up in all kinds of ways that it wasn't reported to the authorities by the elders or the mom for so long-but the mom at least DID report. In the meantime, knowing it all, the elders felt no inclination to report a known molester who they knew worked with kids. And in this case, I think the mom should have as much responsibility to report. She only gets credit for better late than never.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Trinity Discussion for Bobby 5 min jad2017 1,491
The SIMPLE Truth about John 1:1- in its own CON... 11 min the Mad JW 3
News Jehovah's Witnesses had right to refuse blood t... 18 min ihveit 15
Another REASON why the NWT is the best Bible ever! 31 min Newtonian 1,581
As a JW, how free are you? 32 min the Mad JW 373
Thomas praised God and Christ! 33 min the Mad JW 108
Hey Twinnies- How can God HAVE a God? (Dec '16) 36 min the Mad JW 547
Are the Jehovah's Witnesses a Prophet? 1 hr DR SOS 308
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! (Aug '16) 1 hr the Mad JW 1,253
The Plain Truth About Christmas 2 hr jad2017 55