|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Micky Mouse wrote:
How he was moved and motivated...and I think some if not many of us can probably relate to aspects of these people's experiences...
http://www.14news.com/story/794656/stefanie-s...
Bill Bowen married a 16 yr old girl after he left Bethel at age 22. I think it is highly probable that a 21 yr old Bill Bowen dated and kissed a 15 yr old (which in many states is considered child molestation).

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Bowen married a 16 yr old girl after he left Bethel at age 22. I think it is highly probable that a 21 yr old Bill Bowen dated and kissed a 15 yr old (which in many states is considered child molestation).
Proof?
Pat

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof?
Hummm Joseph married a 13-15 year old girl , Jesus' mother , what was that ?
Each case has to be judged on its own if a 22 year old had permission to court and marry a 16 year old then what ?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
this is the jw gov body's attempt at justifying harboring pedophiles who rape children.
they point a finger at bill bowen's marriage to a sixteen year old....... somehow that is supposed to justify them, as if its all the same thing!!!..... marriage to a sixteen year old is now the same thing as elders molesting children.

see folks, the top dogs on the jw gov body are unrepentant..... their pr reps are here still out right slandering the victims any way they can get away with, just like they do as soon as a jw victim comes forward....... soon as they come forward, the attacking and discrediting of the victim begins, and does not stop until she shuts up about it all...... even after a trial, the charade continues.

i suggest the price of the victims should go up, until the jw gov body repent.
diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof?
Sorry, I made a mistake. Bill Bowen was NOT 22 at the time he married a 16 yr old. Rather he was 25 as his dob was 1957. Here is the proof:

http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/s...

It is respectfully requested that this Court issue an Order precluding defense counsel and any defense witnesses from mentioning or referring to the following or any related matters:
1. William Bowen having married a 16 year-Old in November of 1982, albeit in the State of Missouri and with the permission of her parents;
dr fill

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I made a mistake. Bill Bowen was NOT 22 at the time he married a 16 yr old. Rather he was 25 as his dob was 1957. Here is the proof:
http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/s...
It is respectfully requested that this Court issue an Order precluding defense counsel and any defense witnesses from mentioning or referring to the following or any related matters:
1. William Bowen having married a 16 year-Old in November of 1982, albeit in the State of Missouri and with the permission of her parents;
Its legal with the parents consent.More power to him if he can nail some young tail!!!!

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

dr fill wrote:
<quoted text>Its legal with the parents consent.More power to him if he can nail some young tail!!!!
Really dude!?!?!? Really......
diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

dr fill wrote:
<quoted text>Its legal with the parents consent.More power to him if he can nail some young tail!!!!
A 24/25 yr old dating a 15 yr old is kind of creepy. And I might add illegal in many states.
Hoodwinked

San Jacinto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
A 24/25 yr old dating a 15 yr old is kind of creepy. And I might add illegal in many states.
I agree it is creepy nowadays but many of us have parents that married at those ages. It really was not uncommon, in fact parents encouraged their daughters to marry young.
I myself would flip out if my 16 year old wanted to marry a 25 year old, but its different times...I want my child to get an education and to be able to take care of herself before she decides to marry.

I do find it interesting that you are trying to divert away from the majority of the molestation cases mentioned at silent lambs to attack Bowen who did nothing illegal.
How about talking about the 8,9,10 year olds that are molested by 40 year olds...that is what we are all so upset about.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

No JW in their right mind equates the consensual legal (albiet, young by our standards today) marriage to a 16 year old to the rape and molestation of minors. None of them. These people here throwing these examples out are not real JWs. They are weak, if of any status at all, and they delude themselves into believing that posting on the internet and engaging exJWs is somehow atoning for their own lack of meeting attendance, field service, or dedicating and baptizing themselves.

“WT/MLB/NSA/TOPIX MODERATOR”

Since: Dec 06

Where pretty lies perish.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

acroTroll wrote:
They are weak, if of any status at all, and they delude themselves into believing that posting on the internet and engaging exJWs is somehow atoning for their own lack of meeting attendance, field service, or dedicating and baptizing themselves.
And all of that just because this troll says so, too.

/sarcasm
diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text> I agree it is creepy nowadays but many of us have parents that married at those ages. It really was not uncommon, in fact parents encouraged their daughters to marry young.
I myself would flip out if my 16 year old wanted to marry a 25 year old, but its different times...I want my child to get an education and to be able to take care of herself before she decides to marry.
I do find it interesting that you are trying to divert away from the majority of the molestation cases mentioned at silent lambs to attack Bowen who did nothing illegal.
How about talking about the 8,9,10 year olds that are molested by 40 year olds...that is what we are all so upset about.
So you would not report a 25 yr old man romantically kissing a 15 yr old to the authorities?

What if it came out that Bill actually fondled her before marriage? Would you blame the WT?

Also many of these lawsuits are about incidents that happened in the 80's and 90's.

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

I have a funny feeling that if a JW man married a 15 year old because it was legal in that state and with the parents consent, there would be some very different reactions to this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

FH Chandler feel especially stung by criticisms such as this, because he is an inactive exJW who dares to refer to my brotherhood as a "sect" and who insanely believes himself to be doing some sort of good work online in disparaging victims of sexual abuse.

I thought it was just about Candace Conti, you know, maybe it's personal with him and he's not telling us what his connection is...maybe he tried to hit on her in real life and she rejected him, who knows..but in another recent post he made a comment implying that he thought there were "alleged victims", plural, that he disbelieves. I wonder if he believes that the other victims who were settled with were all liars and felons too. Who knows what crazy theories go through the mind of an obsessive compulsive exJW. Don't know any personally!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Duh-boy wrote:
I have a funny feeling that if a JW man married a 15 year old because it was legal in that state and with the parents consent, there would be some very different reactions to this.
This.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

acroTroll wrote:
FH Chandler...is an inactive exJW who dares to refer to my brotherhood as a "sect"
Awwwwww...
diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Micky Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>I think you need to take your hypothetical, supposition entrapment scenarios somewhere else Satan!
It's not too much of a stretch to believe that someone married at 16 did so only days after she was legally able to do so. Therefore it is only reasonable to presume that a 24/24 yr old Bill Bowen was dating a 15 yr old. And it is also reasonable to presume they did more that just hold hands.

However the matter can be settled conclusively if we knew the date of birth of Sheila Bowen.(Previous residences includ Conway AR, Calvert City KY, Benton KY.

Since: Feb 07

RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text> I agree it is creepy nowadays but many of us have parents that married at those ages. It really was not uncommon, in fact parents encouraged their daughters to marry young.
I find it quite telling that his only comments have been attempts to paint Bill Bowen as a child molester simply because he married someone much younger, albeit with her parents' permission.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not too much of a stretch to believe that someone married at 16 did so only days after she was legally able to do so. Therefore it is only reasonable to presume that a 24/24 yr old Bill Bowen was dating a 15 yr old. And it is also reasonable to presume they did more that just hold hands.
However the matter can be settled conclusively if we knew the date of birth of Sheila Bowen.(Previous residences includ Conway AR, Calvert City KY, Benton KY.
Good grief, do you call yourself one of JWs? We don't talk about our former brother Bowen in this type of salacious manner. We mourn the loss of a fellow brother and hope he finds his way back to the truth, however unlikely that may be!

Besides, Bill Bowen was married to his wife Sheila and served as an appointed elder for many many years while married to her. Are you therefore saying then that the elders who appointed him, appointed a child molester or whatever else it is you are insinuating he was, to be an elder? I find this line of reasoning repugnant on your part, noone I've ever spoken to about him has ever made this sort of insinuation!
diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

acrobat wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, do you call yourself one of JWs? We don't talk about our former brother Bowen in this type of salacious manner. We mourn the loss of a fellow brother and hope he finds his way back to the truth, however unlikely that may be!
Besides, Bill Bowen was married to his wife Sheila and served as an appointed elder for many many years while married to her. Are you therefore saying then that the elders who appointed him, appointed a child molester or whatever else it is you are insinuating he was, to be an elder? I find this line of reasoning repugnant on your part, noone I've ever spoken to about him has ever made this sort of insinuation!
It's just ironic and a little creepy that the so-called biggest advocate against the WT for its child abuse policy would himself be considered a child molester if his actions occurred in the present.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of362
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Jehovah's Witness Forum right now

Search the Jehovah's Witness Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TJWandDiva25 a former member of the FDS??? 4 min wizzstick 275
The pain of shunning caused by JW's 10 min The Real Karen 478
One of Calvin's Commentary I greatly enjoy reading 20 min Previous Witness 38
Happy Easter!! 30 min Previous Witness 2
jesus is not michael 35 min Previous Witness 320
Is the Door to Door Work Coming to a Close? 46 min hMMMMMM 42
Higher Education 46 min jace 305
Marrying a JW.. HELP! 1 hr The Real Karen 377
The things the W/T forgot to explain about 607 ... 3 hr imagoodboy 199