Can An Intelligent Person Remain a Witness?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of152
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Play up Pompey”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

It's the black & white thing that gets me.

You're either in or out.

For or against.

Republican or Democrat. Labour or Conservative.

Witnesses regard themselves as God's servants - right at the far end of the goody goody spectrum.

Non-witnesses, as devotees of Satan, are right at the other end of the baddy baddy spectrum.

Goody goody witnesses don't celebrate birthdays - look what happened to Pharoahs baker!

Good goody witnesses don't do toasts - a libation to the gods!

How unintelligent a way of thinking is that?

Personally I can't stand extremism in any form. I don't think most intelligent people can stand it either.

“I luv Jesus ”

Since: Oct 12

Blessed city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

what a life, only God knows who are His servants.

God looks down from heaven to see what are his children doing.

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

So basically none of Jehovah's Witnesses are intelligent because they remain so!? Thanks for letting us know how you really feel.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Duh-boy wrote:
So basically none of Jehovah's Witnesses are intelligent because they remain so!? Thanks for letting us know how you really feel.
NO!

ESSENTIALLY, jehovah's witnesses are too ignorant and too gullible to realize the wicked and evil cult is feeding them a bunch of lies.

It's not basic!

It is essential.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Duh-boy wrote:
It's not that they aren't intelligent it's that they have been carefully and methodically indoctrinated. They re not able (I should say permitted) to use their sense if reasoning. They may only use org reasoning.

“New one man.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

are
of

Since: Aug 10

Inverurie, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Yes, an intelligent person can remain a Jehovah's Witness.

It is not intelligence that will make a person see the falsehood. It is the Holy Spirit that turns the lights on and extinguishes the darkness.

Don't forget that the Pharisees were the Intelligentsia elite of their day, overflowing with self-righteous conceit, but they were spiritually deaf, dumb and blind.

Jehovah's Witnesses are 21st century Pharisees.
Caesar

Lilongwe, Malawi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

I think this is a pure religious propaganda against Jehovah's Witnesses. Why of all religions, some of who kill, rape, molest and steal in the name of their gods, and they become all of a sudden intelligent simply because they celebrate birthdays and do toasts. It comes as no surprise when most of this venom come from former members who failed live up to their membership. I would rather quit and shut up and focus on what pleases me than villifying people who don't even think about you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that they aren't intelligent it's that they have been carefully and methodically indoctrinated. They re not able (I should say permitted) to use their sense if reasoning. They may only use org reasoning.
Not true.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
Yes it is true. You just can't see it because you are still a JW.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is true. You just can't see it because you are still a JW.
No, it's not true. I can't see it because it doesn't exist.
hMMMM

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

LOL!!
The proof is in the pudding.
Jehovah's Witnesses have the least educated members in the USA.
So, no they are not intelligent, and that is how the WBTS wants it!
They troll for the mentally/emotionally ill.
Many times these people are criminally so.
That is why Jehovah's Witnesses are only.01 percent of the population, yet they regularly make grizzly national headline, one after the other.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not true. I can't see it because it doesn't exist.
I am sorry DB, but it most certainly does exist. I would have fought tooth and nail with someone about it not existing either when I was still in. You are doing what any good witness would do, fighting against it. But it is true, anyone who is indoctrinated is also brain washed and cant see the truth of it. Even the Evangelist for our Revival ask me about that, when I explain to him how a witness will fight against anything you try to tell them about the mis truths they are being taught, and he said he hates to call anyone names, but he sees that as a cult. He also said he makes him understand more clearly why they fight as hard as they do, and from now on he will know better how to deal with them. I do understand it because I did it too, you cant see the truth until you leave and have your eyes opened by the Holy Spirit. I know you disagree with me about this, but please DB, pray hard about this and see how you are being mislead and how its going to cost your eternal life.

“ALLEZ MONTREAL!”

Since: Dec 06

Where pretty lies perish, QC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Milquetoastboy Mike Hooper wrote:
Personally I can't stand extremism in any form. I don't think most intelligent people can stand it either.
How you define "extremism": having a different world-view than you, and caring more about that world-view than having you in their life.

How people who are actually intelligent define "extremism": allowing one's world-view to be so all-encompassing that their entire existence is not just dedicated to advancing acceptance of that world-view, AND in taking action/supporting like-minded people in taking action to cause physical harm, up to and including death, to others because they do not agree with/will not be forced to accept that world-view.

Additionally, people who are actually intelligent recognize that the terms, "extremist," "extremism," etc., should not be tossed about lightly, lest they lose their relevance. Intelligent people realize that relatively few individuals in relatively few groups truly qualify as "extremists." The haphazard way that term is typically used - as in this case - is as pejorative, a slur on an entire group of people simply because this very small-minded, butthurt individual is too wrapped up in his thinking that his existence - even years [decades?] after cutting himself off from the group - is STILL so wrapped up in the group that he finds it necessary to post silly anecdotes and comments about his breakfast, thinking that he's contributing to a, "death by a thousand cuts" campaign against the group and its interests.

[Coincidentally, this - Mikey Milquetoast - is an individual who was supportive of an effort of a group of like-minded people to actually report to their police that they were victims of a "hate crime" because of a general statement - that isn't even on the same dimensional plane as bigotry - they imagined was bigoted.]

But don't call them, "mentally diseased!"

“ALLEZ MONTREAL!”

Since: Dec 06

Where pretty lies perish, QC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

hMMMMWhorrorMomster wrote:
LOL!!
The proof is in the pudding.
Jehovah's Witnesses have the least educated members in the USA.
So, no they are not intelligent, and that is how the WBTS wants it!
They troll for the mentally/emotionally ill.
Many times these people are criminally so.
That is why Jehovah's Witnesses are only.01 percent of the population, yet they regularly make grizzly national headline, one after the other.
Speaking of the mentally diseased...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry DB, but it most certainly does exist. I would have fought tooth and nail with someone about it not existing either when I was still in. You are doing what any good witness would do, fighting against it. But it is true, anyone who is indoctrinated is also brain washed and cant see the truth of it. Even the Evangelist for our Revival ask me about that, when I explain to him how a witness will fight against anything you try to tell them about the mis truths they are being taught, and he said he hates to call anyone names, but he sees that as a cult. He also said he makes him understand more clearly why they fight as hard as they do, and from now on he will know better how to deal with them. I do understand it because I did it too, you cant see the truth until you leave and have your eyes opened by the Holy Spirit. I know you disagree with me about this, but please DB, pray hard about this and see how you are being mislead and how its going to cost your eternal life.
Nope, you're a liar. A big one too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're a liar. A big one too.
That is the answer I would expect from you. Thank you for proving me right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the answer I would expect from you. Thank you for proving me right.
You should expect it when you're lying.

“New one man.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Not true.
Really?
Here's how it goes...
JW to HH : blah blah bible study, answer your questions....
HH : yes I would like to know what the bible really teaches.

Bible study:
Prayer to ask that the HH be blessed and open his/her heart and take in 'accurate' knowledge.

Paragraph is read.
Question asked.
HH answers, not directly from the paragraph but in own words.

JW: well i see how you might think that but what does the paragraph say?
HH:.......recites paragraph phrase.
JW: very good, now you see how ....
Single or partial scripture read to enforce answer.
HH: yes (though a bit confused, but agrees because they are 'learning'.
Next paragraph read:
Same over again.

And again and again. For weeks or months.

Finally JW convinces HH to go to meeting.

HH love bombed from entrance.
JW beaming their bible student has 'progressed'.
HH gets gooie feeling of being loved and welcomed.

Wt study:
Prayer
Paragraph read:
Assorted JWs answer questions by reciting underlined answers in mag.
Conductor praises correct answer.
HH follows along beginning to believe they must be right 'because it says right there in the pub'.

This goes on for weeks or months or years, until the transformation is complete.
Then you see the HH get baptized, which is not a dedication to God and Christ but to the org.(Which they have changed from what Jesus taught when he said 'this is how').

After that the HH relaxes a bit and every now and then one will say 'hey this doesn't align with what the bible says'.

They are taken to the library or other room and told they are rebellious and asked who else they have told and warned they could be reproved or worse.

They then have a choice.
Play along so as not to have their family ripped apart and be shunned by the org. and any family members.
Or they can take a stand for what they believe and be dfd and shunned and pitied for having to have fallen 'under satan's influence. Which of course is pooie.

It is slow and meticulous from the first time the HH answers and the JW corrects them.

Do I think the average JW does this actively? No. They are just the ones who have been slowly and meticulously trained and have never disagreed with the society.

“Play up Pompey”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

this very small-minded, butthurt individual is too wrapped up in his thinking that his existence - even years [decades?] after cutting himself off from the group - is STILL so wrapped up in the group that he finds it necessary to post silly anecdotes and comments about his breakfast, thinking that he's contributing to a, "death by a thousand cuts" campaign against the group and its interests.
Well now there's the thing. I do find that my posts about the actual reality of being a JW does wind up small-minded individuals who still subscribe to witness beliefs.

Yes indeed, decades - decades and decades!- have gone by since I was a JW. However, because of my advancing years and because my hair does indeed contain the first frostings of wisdom, I do feel qualified to point out the ludcrous side of life as a Jehovahs witness to fine young fellows such your good self.

You can rest easy that, due to an incredibly receptive memory, I have many hundreds of anecdotal experiences with which I shall contnue to brighten your day for many years to come.

By the way, could please enlighten this ignorant Englishman as to the exact meaning of the word "butthurt"? I can't find it in the Oxford dictionary, so I guess it's not exactly Queen's English.

Perhaps that shouldn't surprise me...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of152
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••