Jehovah's Witnesses Share the Word, B...

Jehovah's Witnesses Share the Word, But Not their Identity: Police Blotter

There are 91 comments on the Patch.com story from Jan 28, 2013, titled Jehovah's Witnesses Share the Word, But Not their Identity: Police Blotter. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A resident of Montclare Boulevard called police Jan. 23 after a woman knocked on her door, but wouldn't say what she wanted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
elias miller

Hermosillo, Mexico

#1 Jan 28, 2013
the j.w. should be required to tell their i.d. and also carry cards around their neck with a police permit.
little lamb

Nudgee, Australia

#2 Jan 28, 2013
When knocking on doors I believe one should say " I am here in the name of Jehovah to tell you the good news of the Kingdom..and bear witness to Jesus Christ'

you know I got into trouble for doing that..

i asked why? what was wrong with letting people know whose name I come in

I was told , " if you mention Jehovah , they will shut the door on you", they proceeded to tell me to first get the persons confidence with small talk..about the garden or the weather.

I said ' i don't come on doors to talk about the weather, I come to preach good-news of the kingdom.'
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#3 Jan 28, 2013
elias miller wrote:
the j.w. should be required to tell their i.d. and also carry cards around their neck with a police permit.
Exactly, and the children should be forbidden from working for the WBTS!
Adults only!!
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#4 Jan 28, 2013
"A resident of Montclare Boulevard called police Jan. 23 after a woman knocked on her door, but wouldn't say what she wanted.

A report said the older woman, who arrived in a van carrying three other people, came to the door about 1:45 p.m."

"A short time later, the driver of the van called police and said they were Jehovah's witnesses, but said they don't have to tell homeowners that when they visit."

If JW's identified themselves as such when the homeowner opend the door it would be shut shortly thereafter.

Most people in North America know that JW's are a cult and want nothing to do with them.
unsurejwdude12

Sale, UK

#5 Jan 28, 2013
In the UK where I'm from I used to carry my bible in my hand and they knew straight away who I was lol. I got bored of talking to people so I said hello me and my friend are jws and we're talking to people about the bible today. Most of the time they shut the door straight away. I never got councelled on it in fact people imitated that including elders ans ms.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jan 29, 2013
How would a householder know if the person knocking on the door is a jw imposture, with bad intentions? If the jw is legitamate and is damaged or harmed in any way the wtbts wil not indemnify that person ,they/wtbts feel you are not one of their agents,therefore no id tags. The wtbts says you are volunteering to peddle their goods. It is a lose lose situation,the wtbts believes you proceed at your own risk! Pretty slick organization!
True Christian witness

Tulsa, OK

#7 Jan 29, 2013
Preaching door to door is using God's word the Bible as our authority, if someone doesn't want to listen to a Scripture, so be it.

Your listening is all that is required for Jesus to judge you today, we don't force anyone to listen to us, for Jesus said,(Matthew 10:14, 15). . .Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet........ Your own free will dictates your heart condition, we are just being used by Jesus to speak God's word.

You are being judged today by how you accept the fact that Jesus is reigning as King of kings in heaven, and whether you will be an obedient subject of that Kingdom or not. That Kingdom rules in righteousness, and no one will be allowed to live in God's new world who does not obey the Law of Christ. John 3:36
True Christian witness

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jan 29, 2013
The fact is, unless an individual is educated in the Law of Christ, which does not make anyone a true Christian, it is only the effort a person makes to obey and imitate Jesus, that Jehovah God blesses.
John 3:36 1Peter 2:21

Anyone can get baptized and say they are Jehovah's witness, a true J.W. is the person who has a productive ministry and is also obedient to all the directions of the brothers of Christ, in the world wide family of Jehovah God.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Jan 29, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Preaching door to door is using God's word the Bible as our authority, if someone doesn't want to listen to a Scripture, so be it.
Your listening is all that is required for Jesus to judge you today, we don't force anyone to listen to us, for Jesus said,(Matthew 10:14, 15). . .Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet........ Your own free will dictates your heart condition, we are just being used by Jesus to speak God's word.
You are being judged today by how you accept the fact that Jesus is reigning as King of kings in heaven, and whether you will be an obedient subject of that Kingdom or not. That Kingdom rules in righteousness, and no one will be allowed to live in God's new world who does not obey the Law of Christ. John 3:36
Then why didn't the person knocking on the door just say all that? Why the secrecy? It is so bad now days that to open the door to a stranger is foolish, surely JWs realize that older woman was asking for her own safety. For the JW not to answer her, was cruel on their part.

You do not go door to door for Jesus, Jesus does not require that of you, what he requires is your belief in him as your Savior. You go door to door because a religion requires that of you. Being an obedient Christian requires you believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He was born of a virgin, he lived and preached the word of His Father. He died so that WHOSEOVER Believes in HIM, could obtain eternal life, and he was risen on the third day. He did not die so that a certain religion, or organization would be saved, but that ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO TRULY BELIEVES IN HIM WOULD gain eternal life. So says the bible.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 29, 2013
The fact is, unless an individual is educated in the Law of Christ, which does not make anyone a true Christian, it is only the effort a person makes to obey and imitate Jesus, that Jehovah God blesses.
John 3:36 1Peter 2:21
Anyone can get baptized and say they are Jehovah's witness, a true J.W. is the person who has a productive ministry and is also obedient to all the directions of the brothers of Christ, in the world wide family of Jehovah God.
You are adding works for salvation, it does not work that way. YOu are saved first, you believe, truly believe in JESUS First, then you tell others about what you have found.

Show me where in the bible it says, that Jehovah's family is Jehovah witnesses. Don't use the scripture that says you are my witnesses, because thats only the scripture that Rutherford used to name your religion, it does not prove that the religion is the true one. Truth is in the bible, not in literature of men. What we should be telling the people at the doors is not about a religion, but about Jesus.
True Christian witness

Tulsa, OK

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Jesus cannot save you or anyone today. Your life depends on your obedience to the direction or instructions from God's word to people living in these last days of this unrighteous world.
Matthew 24:37,38

Unless you are obedient in following the directions for your protection during the great tribulation you will not survive the end of this world.

The wicked or those who refuse to obey, but who like their own way of finding salvation and their own beliefs in Jesus will stay stubborn right to the end.
Revelation 22:10,11
little lamb

Rye, Australia

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Jesus cannot save you or anyone today. Your life depends on your obedience to the direction or instructions from God's word to people living in these last days of this unrighteous world.
Matthew 24:37,38
Unless you are obedient in following the directions for your protection during the great tribulation you will not survive the end of this world.
The wicked or those who refuse to obey, but who like their own way of finding salvation and their own beliefs in Jesus will stay stubborn right to the end.
Revelation 22:10,11
That's why the new covenant Jesus inaugurated is so important, because God ACTS on the ONE who is obedient to Jesus teachings..and it becomes a bond with God as he carries out his promises, on those exercising [obeying] his Christ Jesus.

Trying to obey gods word without letting the BLOOD of Jesus forgive us our sins, is just being in the same condition as the original Jews, trying to obey gods Law in our own efforts..without his spirit to help us.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#15 Jan 29, 2013
SOS wrote:
<quoted text>Translation:Obey the WTS as god's mouthpiece and do not question them because they are the slave mentioned in mathew and only they provide the proper spiritual food at the proper time.
me- stop trying to sugarcoat your message everyone can see through it.
You are a deceiver.
so dumb butt
LET ALL TO KNOW?
WHEN YOU READED LAST TIME BIBLILE YOU GODLESS POOR CREATURE

you are worse from deceiver,just POS
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#17 Jan 29, 2013
SOS wrote:
<quoted text>I vill crush yu,
You mean like bull sitink lik doo poopoo.
before crush dr Shrink by mentaly retarded like you?
at first jum,write letter to elder brothers,and start attending KH meeting,and field service every saturday

because now you are Do Do Coockodoo, simple roster nygy nygy
without of any biblical knowledge,just cheap buzz trinker,and posting only farts

shame,
if I would have son like you,I would chase you around whole neighborhood with Bible in right hand and in left just long bamboo stick to wheep your stinking dirty not washed 30 days a.....

ok
see you later my dear spiritual transgressor and criminal SOS bambling against poor JW leadership brothers and humble like little chickens old and young sisters

Since: Sep 11

Brantford, Canada

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if I would have son like you,I would chase you around whole neighborhood with Bible in right hand and in left just long bamboo stick to wheep your stinking dirty not washed 30 days a.....
ok
So let me get this straight. First, you want every man who is enticed by a woman to wash their testicles in muriatic acid. You did say that right? That's pretty extreme, and hard to get a read on, other than you hate girls. I get that, ok.

Then you told me you wanted me to drink your urine. Is that correct? I thought you might be perverse with that. You didn't say that you should wash your privates with muriatic acid before you fed me your urine. Yuck, just how did you want me to ingest it? The thought is pretty gross.

Now this. You want to whip SOS butt with a stick. But that's not it. You want his butt to be dirty, as in not washed for a month. Again, no mention of muriatic acid. Just what kind of a stick do you want to use? Your own? Mr Camping must be so proud. Gay is ok. Deal with it, and in time you might be able to get a boyfriend. It will take a lot of time, and a team of doctors, but you can do it.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#19 Jan 29, 2013
little lamb wrote:
When knocking on doors I believe one should say " I am here in the name of Jehovah to tell you the good news of the Kingdom..and bear witness to Jesus Christ'
you know I got into trouble for doing that..
i asked why? what was wrong with letting people know whose name I come in
I was told , " if you mention Jehovah , they will shut the door on you", they proceeded to tell me to first get the persons confidence with small talk..about the garden or the weather.
I said ' i don't come on doors to talk about the weather, I come to preach good-news of the kingdom.'
Get a life.........we have dignity, you lack dignity. Looserville. Glad your out.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Jan 29, 2013
fredrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life.........we have dignity, you lack dignity. Looserville. Glad your out.
Yet..it appears that you are ashamed of who and what you so Loudly proclaim to be on here.... Hmm! And are not truthful with people at the door..

Location hidden

#21 Jan 29, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet..it appears that you are ashamed of who and what you so Loudly proclaim to be on here.... Hmm! And are not truthful with people at the door..
We don't want slackers. We attract the healthy, energized people of the future. Our organization is 70% under 30 years of age. We sure don't need you to drag along to meetings so you can get some association. You are a home bound individual....Not even a functioning person.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#22 Jan 29, 2013
fredrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't want slackers. We attract the healthy, energized people of the future. Our organization is 70% under 30 years of age. We sure don't need you to drag along to meetings so you can get some association. You are a home bound individual....Not even a functioning person.
The day I am no longer able to function and be a contributing member of my family.. THAT.. Is the day I wish to die..

Location hidden

#23 Jan 29, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
The day I am no longer able to function and be a contributing member of my family.. THAT.. Is the day I wish to die..
GOOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Franz and the GB (Mar '13) 17 min apocalypse 69
Why the NWT is the best ever! 21 min eleuthere irenee ... 735
News 'A dark future for all religious freedom': In R... 21 min The Bible Student 2
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 40 min Jparkh81 927
Tech Support / Questions 53 min eleuthere irenee ... 3
Trinity...why does it matter?! 2 hr wow 942
Real JW's for your good should leave this forum! 3 hr Jake999 471
New Today music thread 13 hr NorthPeace 1,684
More from around the web