The false trinity doctrine.
Unknown

Adelaide, Australia

#4321 Feb 12, 2013
ihveit wrote:
<quoted text>
IHV ACTUALLY they were unitarian in the sense that they believed in ONE SUPREME ENTITY.. not so much that they believed that GOD was only the father..
then we have some progressive revelations of who god is.. it culminated with the NT
will
I've been reading over some of the old posts. This came from post 152 ( http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-... )

I just wanted to show that the Jew's did believe that God was only the Father.

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Notice the Hebrew concept of parallelism in the verse.

Have we not all one Father?
Has not one God created us?

The above statements are what is called synonymous, where the second line repeats the first in different words but having the same meaning.
AngelFire

Australia

#4322 Feb 13, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the Bible? The answer is there. Read the illustration given by Jesus regarding the separating of sheep and goats. Also read Daniel in which he portrayed those righteous ones shining as brightly as the sun. That might help answer your question.
Another answer to your question might be this: I read the Bible before I studied with Jehovah's Witnesses. I spoke to people of many different religions. The only ones who helped me understand the Bible were Jehovah's Witnesses.
AND the JWs told you that most get salvation but in the resurrection one is NOT SAVED. There is not armageddon coming and for all your effort and chains you will be no better off than anyone else. That is NOT what the apostles preached.

As for the trintity, I don't care. There are as many scriptures that identify God and Jesus as individulas as there are those that say they are one. That includes the fact that the bible does not specifically say that God made his son Jesus in the first place.

Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit."

http://carm.org/should-we-baptize-name-father...

Hence, it cannot be wrong to baptize this way. This scripture is why mainstream religions do so.

It does not matter how much the WTS/JWs vilify and demonize those that do, the JWs are the ones condemning Christianity, Jesus people, in order to falsely sanctify themselves alone. I don't think God likes that.

To suggest that one is following Satan because they baptize in this scriptural way appears to be more demonic than being accused of the act itself. Baptizing in the name of the three cannot be unscriptural.

What I believe is that the things of heaven are impossible to imagine for us. Maybe both are true in a way. It doesn't really matter to me, because I always pray to God, through Jesus. Hence I am covered.

I wish religions would keep what is known away from what is speculated. For not to do so is teaching the reasonings and words of man as scripture. This belief is not what saves. It is a true test for all these faiths. I also believe that this will be the true religion and what sets it apart from the rest. That would not be JWs headed by Russel. It may be none of them, YET!!!!

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4323 Feb 13, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it be know that the JWs have disappeared from another JW thread because they could not answer the hard questions. These JWs are great at misrepresenting scipture. You were one of them.
JWs have spiritistic roots in Russel and his pyramids and false prophecy. This I suppose makes them more holy than any other Christian, does it?.
You can now go and report yourself to one of your elders and tell them you are wasting your time on forums and are being rude to those of the nations as well as other Christians. Then you must repent. That means you'll stop being an ass.
Remember? Turn the other cheek....
Have a nice day!
If someone who says he is a Jehovah's Witness spoke as you do, others would be all over the place reprimanding him. But if he does not say he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses and speaks in a vile manner, or insulting manner, hardly anyone says anything. Yet he can say he's a Christian and saved!

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#4324 Feb 13, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
and a JW would be on such a thread because why?
Is it the latest that one must believe God and Jesus are separate people to be saved? Or is any view just another reasoning of man dressed up as scripture?
Matthew 15:24, Jesus said: "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Jesus was sent by God.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#4325 Feb 13, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
AND the JWs told you that most get salvation but in the resurrection one is NOT SAVED.
Well, the scriptures (Isaiah 65 and others) make clear that in the resurrection, if a person does not live up to the requirements of God, he will not keep living, and his opportunity for a blessed life is over forever. God is merciful, and it is possible that He will bring back to life all SORTS of men, even those who were mob leaders.:-) They, too, may be given the opportunity to repent in the resurrection if it is God's will.

Isaiah 65: The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
but dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4326 Feb 13, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the scriptures (Isaiah 65 and others) make clear that in the resurrection, if a person does not live up to the requirements of God, he will not keep living, and his opportunity for a blessed life is over forever. God is merciful, and it is possible that He will bring back to life all SORTS of men, even those who were mob leaders.:-) They, too, may be given the opportunity to repent in the resurrection if it is God's will.
Isaiah 65: The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
but dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
Matthew 25:41
King James Version (KJV)

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
AngelFire

Australia

#4327 Feb 13, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone who says he is a Jehovah's Witness spoke as you do, others would be all over the place reprimanding him. But if he does not say he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses and speaks in a vile manner, or insulting manner, hardly anyone says anything. Yet he can say he's a Christian and saved!
Oh get over youself miseraccord. This is not about me and that comment was made to a self proffessing JW that was being very rude. Even I know you JWs aren't supposed to be on line haunting forums. You naughty boy!
AngelFire

Australia

#4328 Feb 13, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 15:24, Jesus said: "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Jesus was sent by God.
And so??????????

1 Peter 2:9.But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Peter was speaking to the people and saying they ALL were a nation of priests, and you know it. You let these sily JWs start their handwaving and rhetoric and books to convince you otherwise. Such is their inculcation of someone seeking Jesus and desperate enough to be sucked in by these JWs.

Let's have this out miser. This is one of the biggest fraudulent claims the JWs make.

Go get your JW books out and tell us again how the JWs have hoodwinked you into believing otherwise.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#4329 Feb 13, 2013
Kevin 321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25:41
King James Version (KJV)
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
That is after a particular series of events. That particular judgment has not occurred yet, Kevin. There is a lot to that scripture, so it can be analyzed quite carefully, not particularly in a sweeping gesture. Nevertheless, judgment is not helter-skelter. There is a basis for judgment. It takes time to work up to that judgment. Time and knowledge. Also, that fire is not something that is literal in that God would have the "goats" tortured forever in conscious agony, just as being on his left or right 'hand' is not literal but figurative, or symbolic of God's righteous decisions and favor. No, the goats, the devil and his angelic followers would be forever burnt up, gone forever.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#4330 Feb 13, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh get over youself miseraccord. This is not about me and that comment was made to a self proffessing JW that was being very rude. Even I know you JWs aren't supposed to be on line haunting forums. You naughty boy!
Oh, get over yourself, "AngelFire." I don't believe you studied for long, you just enjoy insulting and arguing.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#4331 Feb 13, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
And so??????????
1 Peter 2:9.But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Peter was speaking to the people and saying they ALL were a nation of priests, and you know it. You let these sily JWs start their handwaving and rhetoric and books to convince you otherwise. Such is their inculcation of someone seeking Jesus and desperate enough to be sucked in by these JWs.
Let's have this out miser. This is one of the biggest fraudulent claims the JWs make.
Go get your JW books out and tell us again how the JWs have hoodwinked you into believing otherwise.
Have it out? You sound like you're a boxer, are you? I don't find your presumptions regarding the scriptures accurate or leading to faith in Jesus Christ. Now how you want to have it out? Meanwhile, there are many who are not Jehovah's Witnesses that disagree with you about MANY THINGS. The theme of this thread is the false trinity doctrine. The trinity doctrine is a fabrication and concoction of religious leaders, and that doctrine does not make sense or express a scriptural truth at all.
AngelFire

Australia

#4332 Feb 15, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
That is after a particular series of events. That particular judgment has not occurred yet, Kevin. There is a lot to that scripture, so it can be analyzed quite carefully, not particularly in a sweeping gesture. Nevertheless, judgment is not helter-skelter. There is a basis for judgment. It takes time to work up to that judgment. Time and knowledge. Also, that fire is not something that is literal in that God would have the "goats" tortured forever in conscious agony, just as being on his left or right 'hand' is not literal but figurative, or symbolic of God's righteous decisions and favor. No, the goats, the devil and his angelic followers would be forever burnt up, gone forever.
Miseraccord.

Again I reiterate, how can JWs suggest that the destruction, payment for sin, punishment for not following Jesus, gnashing of teeth, all mean you are going to sleep.

There is NO point, miseraccord. None at all. Good, evil, peadophile, murderer, satanist all get the same reward, so long as they die before this mystical armaggedon you have waited for over 130 years for.

The scriptures say love Christ in this life as one will be sentenced after it, not sent for a break and offered another change.

You have also avoided my requests to explain whom are the anointed. Are you concerned or feeling threatened that I/we can successfully overturn you views on this?
AngelFire

Australia

#4333 Feb 15, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Have it out? You sound like you're a boxer, are you? I don't find your presumptions regarding the scriptures accurate or leading to faith in Jesus Christ. Now how you want to have it out? Meanwhile, there are many who are not Jehovah's Witnesses that disagree with you about MANY THINGS. The theme of this thread is the false trinity doctrine. The trinity doctrine is a fabrication and concoction of religious leaders, and that doctrine does not make sense or express a scriptural truth at all.
I am going to be rude to you now.

I have had a gut full of JWs prancing around the place in self righteousness when indeed they are all led by Satan against Christianity...and I take that very personally.

You have avoided my requests to scripturally support doctrinal views. You absolutley refuse.

If you people are trying to make a whore of Christendom you had best get out chasity belt.

JWs are happy enough to sit their butts down with the gullible but walk away with all sorts of pathetic excuses when their waffle is sucessfully challenged.

Get that freaken bible of yours out and have a go at least. What the heck are they teaching you all in that ministy school?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4334 Feb 15, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fully qualified to be here in this forum to talk to fools like you who....."Just can't let go"...And have difficulty moving forward in this corrupt, immoral world.....You still want to debate, when you have been through ALL of this before 4 times..........When will you decide????????..Return or take-off?.......Or do you hang here to mezmorize us with hallucinations?????....We have the truth and brotherhood...you have literally NOTHING.....GET A LIFE!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4335 Feb 15, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, get over yourself, "AngelFire." I don't believe you studied for long, you just enjoy insulting and arguing.
I can indeed offer you SIGN LANUAGE...if you can't understand....Tell my what symbols you prefer to understand the word of GOD....Slowness is not an issue.........Stupidity we can deal with too, but we can't spend ALL of our time on one call...understand that...I personally have 35 return visits....I must spread my time accordingly....I am at your service, along with my associates, we can get you up and running and serving Jehovah....You will find peace and contentment.... received your message...I will arrange it.

Since: Jul 11

Portadown

#4336 Feb 16, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen this before. Using canned responses, again?
Keep reading. You'll eventually find a post where I touched on this.
Compose something original? Not one of your canned responses?
:)
Yes WATCH TOWER BONI! you have seen it lots of times and ran every time,but never once asked you to touch on it!

I asked simply and plainly asked a question regarding a teaching of the watch tower.

On record in the watch tower magazine....
."Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

Now again I ask.
To be saved by grace Boni!do you believe anyone needs to identify with the the watch tower organization ?
Focus BONI !!!! Do you???
Come on Boni? You were quick to respond with your chuckle brother miserycord,not chuckling much now watch tower Boni?

To use your own words.
Don't shrink back Boni! Also this soul you write about "that shall have no pleasure in him" who is the owner of this soul?

Portadown

#4337 Feb 16, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the kicker is if you had acted like a lady, I would most likely had inconvenienced myself and gladly do the rewind look-up for you.
I've done it for others of the Opposition.
Had you really BONI? Under which profile name? cnp one example for me please?

Portadown

#4338 Feb 16, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the kicker is if you had acted like a lady, I would most likely had inconvenienced myself and gladly do the rewind look-up for you.
I've done it for others of the Opposition.
1 John 4.
1.Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Show me this teaching of the watch tower is from God BONI?

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

Or show me the watch tower teaching that you should only spread the good news of the Gospel to those who you decide are acting as ladies?

“EXPOSING CHURCHianity!”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#4339 Feb 16, 2013
So, the pompous judgment of one who denies evertyhing Jesus taught.. yawn

Portadown

#4340 Feb 16, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing the subject already?
This is the Trinity discussion folder, right? Haven't you forgotten about that?
Now, if you want to exit current discussions and change subjects already, then I'll impose that we GET BACK ON SUBJECT REGARDING THE TRINITY!
Ready to do that?
Tell us hypocrite of the watch tower,how many posts ago of YOURS has it been since you even mentioned the Trinity?
Iv'e checked back as far as ELEVEN and not once have you even hinted at The Holy Trinity!!

I never left the subject of the Gospel truth,you did,every time the teachings of the watch tower were exposed to what God teaches.You even changed the name you post under,poor fool that you are,if you cant fool me,how can you fool God?

I will ask whatever questions God allows me too! on whatever "folder" God allows me too!If you cannot answer from Gods Holy Scripture,then make your own decision whether to please God or man!

If Hell is just the common grave as taught by the watch tower,how was the Rich man in Luke 16. able to pray?

24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NWT is by far the best Bible 3 min jsmith 438
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! 6 min the Mad JW 1,876
its really amazing 8 min PrufSammy 11
Referring to one as Churchoid not 'calling names'. 8 min the Mad JW 40
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 10 min the Mad JW 585
Prince Rogers Nelson was a Baptized JW-says the... 13 min Granger 284
life force/ jw view of resurrecion/life pattern... 14 min PrufSammy 51
DO the Meek inherit the Earth? 33 min red blood relative 1,249
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 4 hr red blood relative 681
Celebrating Birthdays: A Conscience Matter 8 hr Shell from WI 1,000
More from around the web