The false trinity doctrine.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3622 Nov 19, 2012
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Its interesting you have stated " You think so" about believing the scriptures in Galatians 3.
I don't have any hesitation I believe them.
So its interesting and I look forward to you comment...and hope you can be more definite about your believing Gods word.
It is interesting that is how you interpreted my comment as if I had hesitation about believing God's word. I did not have time to follow your reasoning and comment on your scriptural points. Remember that not all use of reasoning leads to the same eventuality, even when using scripture. That is why I said "I think so," you asked me if I agreed with your line of reasoning, and I perused it quickly. Have a nice night, and perhaps we can pick this up again tomorrow, I'm having busy days lately.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3623 Nov 19, 2012
sozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Find me a scripture that says either "the soul is the blood" or "all living things have a body, soul and spirit" please.
Leviticus 17:11
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 For the [a]life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the [b]life that makes atonement.’

Footnotes:
a.Leviticus 17:11 Lit "soul"
b.Leviticus 17:11 Lit "soul"

Leviticus 17:14

14 “For as for the [a]life of all flesh, its blood is identified with its [b]life. Therefore I said to the sons of Israel,‘You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the [c]life of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off.’

Footnotes:
a.Leviticus 17:14 Lit "soul"
b.Leviticus 17:14 Lit "soul"
c.Leviticus 17:14 Lit "soul"

I don't know why so many translators are afraid to render these verses in plain English.

Basically, the verse is saying that the soul is the blood.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3624 Nov 20, 2012
Here is Little Lambs behavoiur, if we presume that her daughter was the women with the bleeds in Luke 8:43-48...

Little Lamb would never ever give her daughter permission or leave a possibility open for her to leave their house... since she have read that the Law forbide unclean persons to circulate in the community...:HUH:

43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,

44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.

45And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.

47 And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.

48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

No wonder why Jesus Christ condemned the Scribes and Pharisees and their equals in the whole of Matthew chapter 23...:HUH:
little lamb

Perth, Australia

#3625 Nov 20, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>It is interesting that is how you interpreted my comment as if I had hesitation about believing God's word. I did not have time to follow your reasoning and comment on your scriptural points. Remember that not all use of reasoning leads to the same eventuality, even when using scripture. That is why I said "I think so," you asked me if I agreed with your line of reasoning, and I perused it quickly. Have a nice night, and perhaps we can pick this up again tomorrow, I'm having busy days lately.
It wasn't reasoning, it was two scriptures from Gal 3 that I asked did you believe

One Gal 3 [16 ' Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and his seed , it says not " and seeds ' as in the case of many such , but in the case of one Christ."

Asked if you agreed that Jesus is identified as the seed...whats so hard about that?

The other scripture stated Gal 3 [7] Surely you know that those who adhere to faith , are the ones who are sons of Abraham ."'

Asked if you believed that scripture ..again its a simple scripture , but you are stumped on it...theres no reasoning I have done on the scriptures just asked if you believed them.
little lamb

Perth, Australia

#3626 Nov 20, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
11 For the [a]life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the [b]life that makes atonement.’
Footnotes:
14 “For as for the [a]life of all flesh, its blood is identified with its [b]life. Therefore I said to the sons of Israel,‘You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the [c]life of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off.’
Footnotes:
I don't know why so many translators are afraid to render these verses in plain English.
I believe you have answered them Richard..nothing else to say, you've said it all.
little lamb

Perth, Australia

#3627 Nov 20, 2012
Stanley Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you believe the Watchtower's New World Translation is inspired of God?
Why do you quote from it so often?
Do you believe all 'translations' are inspired of God little lamb?
Love the New World Translation, believe its one of the best translations out..it includes the beautiful name of Jehovah God of Israel...and doesn't encourage people forget Gods name...like false prophets the scriptures tell us try to do.

I believe all scripture is inspired of God...

Since: Aug 10

Blairgowrie, UK

#3628 Nov 20, 2012
little lamb wrote:
Why are you afraid to say whether or not you believe all translations are inspired?

What are you afraid of?

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear
little lamb

Australia

#3629 Nov 20, 2012
Mary MacLellan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid to say whether or not you believe all translations are inspired?
What are you afraid of?
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear
Fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom..and its standing on his word.

we are told in scripture " not to go beyond what is written

What is written is " all scripture is inspired of God.."

thats the WORD, thats what we stand on..nothing else.

Since: Aug 10

Blairgowrie, UK

#3630 Nov 20, 2012
little lamb wrote:
we are told in scripture " not to go beyond what is written "
What is written is " all scripture is inspired of God.."
What is written is " all scripture is inspired of God not " all translations are inspired of God "

We are told in scripture " not to go beyond what is written " therefore to say " all translations of scripture are inspired of God " is going " beyond what is written "

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3631 Nov 20, 2012
Mary MacLellan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is written is " all scripture is inspired of God not " all translations are inspired of God "
We are told in scripture " not to go beyond what is written " therefore to say " all translations of scripture are inspired of God " is going " beyond what is written "
We have very good example how the Scribes and Pharisees did it in the Scriptures and today we have their equals... going on in the same manner...Jeremiah 8:8,9... with exactly the same result as come forth in Jermiah 7:3,32 and the Governng Bodys continue to bury...:HUH:
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#3632 Nov 20, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Footnotes:
Footnotes:
Soul has different meanings according to the context.
1. Leviticus 17 blood=soul=life. The soul is in the blood meaning LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD.. Without blood there is no life. Everyone can understand that.
2.Matt 10:28 says,
28 Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather (A)fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in [a](B)hell.
Soul here has nothing to do with blood, which is part of the body that man can kill, but only God can kill the soul in this context.
3. Two entirely different meanings for soul. Meaning depends on context

“By grace you have been saved”

Since: May 09

Glasgow, UK

#3633 Nov 20, 2012
little lamb wrote:
Do you believe all 'translations' are inspired of God little lamb?

A simple 'Yes' or 'No' would have been cooperative, helpful and honest.

As it is, you are spreading confusion.

Do you you believe that any qualified Tom, Dick or Harry can translate the Bible and it will be inspired of God?

How about the translation by Joseph Smith, for example?

Since: Jul 11

Portadown

#3634 Nov 20, 2012
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing two things here Rachel...first of all God calls his WORD in 2 Peter [19] Consequently we have the PROPHETIC WORD made sure..."
Look at those words Rachel.." PROPHETIC WORD MADE SURE.'
God doesn't tell us man can mess with his word which is PROPHETIC so its no longer SURE.
Your the one doing that...you are going against what the scripture says here in your argument.
And the other thing you mix it up with is your hate of the watch tower..
Now the watch tower as a magazine is certainly not inspired..and I don't have it in my home..
The Watchtower in its magazines contradict Jesus word telling people that when Jesus says " YOU must be born of spirit" that he is actually saying " THOSE OVER THERE must be born again of spirit, not "YOU""
They take the "YOU" out of the scriptures when they EXPLAIN the scriptures to others...
But thats a different thing to then liken the inspired word of God..to publications that steal the word of God from human hearts.
Two different things
As it was the in the NWT I read Jesus words " Unless anyone is born of spirit he can not see the Kingdom of God." and accepted it as Jesus voice leading me..wonderful really when you can hear Jesus voice, amidst all the clutter.
Yes I am doing 2 things little lamb.Firstly exposing the false prophets of the watch tower.
Then asking.
Why do you associate with the watch tower who removed Scriptural verses from the Holy Bible????????

Not from their publications little lamb,their nwt?
why?

Portadown

#3635 Nov 20, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
rachel123,
Do you mean verses such as these?
Matthew 6:13
King James Version (KJV)
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Compare:
Matthew 6:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from the evil one.’*
Footnote:* Matthew 6:13 Or from evil; some late manuscripts one,/ for yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
Earlier Greek manuscripts don't have this added phrase.
How about this verse?
1 John 5:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Compare:
1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that testify:
And how about this verse:
Revelation 1:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
And again compare:
Revelation 1:11
11 which said:“Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
Just about all modern translations have followed the NWT and removed these and other spurious and fake verses.
I don't particularlly like the NIV, but I used it as just an example.
NO.I men't like this.
Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost

And this.
Mark 15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

Portadown

#3636 Nov 20, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>do you think you are inspired?
Do you think the liar Fred Franz was inspired or any of the other"translators" of the nwt who could not translate were inspired?

Portadown

#3637 Nov 20, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>It is interesting that is how you interpreted my comment as if I had hesitation about believing God's word. I did not have time to follow your reasoning and comment on your scriptural points. Remember that not all use of reasoning leads to the same eventuality, even when using scripture. That is why I said "I think so," you asked me if I agreed with your line of reasoning, and I perused it quickly. Have a nice night, and perhaps we can pick this up again tomorrow, I'm having busy days lately.
Must be a very busy month for you.
Here is the original post of mine you responded to,which I directed to Richard Nark.
So as you elected to answer for him,where are the answers?
If you prefer we can go through them individually?

rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Holy Scriptures does God tell me to consider context?
I find the exact opposite.
Proverbs 30.
5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
No the sentence YOU write does not make sense.
But the sentences I posted do not come from YOU.They come from God.
The context here is the birth of Christ.
According to your private watch tower orientated interpretation its about the birth of an angel.That has nothing to do with context,that is sheer blasphemy.
Matthew 1.
20.But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21.And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22.Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23.Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Am I wrong in saying the writers of the nwt could not translate?or that Fred Franz lied?or the rules they applied to justify their rendering of John 1 v 1 was not applied to other verses?
But the answer to this question would at the very least give some credibility to the watch tower teaching.
Where in the Holy Scriptures do you read that any angel was born?
They were created according to the Holy Scriptures.Jesus existed before the world was formed according to the Holy Scriptures.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#3638 Nov 20, 2012
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Jehovah made a PROMISE to Abraham,
" by reason of the fact that you have done this thing and you have not withheld your son, your only one, I shall surely bless you and I shall surely multiply your seed like the stars of the heavens and like the grains of sand that are on the seashore; and your seed will take possession of the gate of his enemies. And by means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless
themselves due to the fact that you have listened to my voice."
but I believe we can go back further where God told Satan because you have done this thing , he would put enmity between his seed and the womans 'seed'
He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel"
So right through scripture we see them bearing witness to the SEED..which SEED God tells us in
Galatians 3 [16]
" Now the promises were spoken to Abraham , and to his SEED , it does not say 'and to his "seeds" as in the case of MANY such but in the case of ONE , who is Christ."
So the seed is identified in Galatians as Jesus Christ..do you agree with this?
" and by means of your SEED all the nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves"
so by means of Jesus Christ all the nations will bless themselves..do you believe this?
And Galatians goes further 3 [7] Surely you know that those who ADHERE TO FAITH are sons of Abraham"
[9] Consequently those who ADHERE TO FAITH are being blessed WITH ABRAHAM"
Do you believe this blessing is for us who ADHERE TO FAITH? we are being blessed with Abraham..
Are we still agreeing??
I believe this is the post of which you implied I may not believe God's word when I replied "I think so," or something like that, because I did not have time to analyze what you presented. The promise of a seed that would crush the head of the serpent was carried through Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Galatians 3 states: Surely YOU know that those who adhere to faith are the ones who are sons of Abraham. 8 Now the Scripture, seeing in advance that God would declare people of the nations righteous due to faith, declared the good news beforehand to Abraham, namely:“By means of you all the nations will be blessed.” 9 Consequently those who adhere to faith are being blessed together with faithful Abraham." So God knew that because of Abraham, all the nations would be blessed.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3639 Nov 20, 2012
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.I men't like this.
Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost
And this.
Mark 15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
Hi Rachel

These verses are also omitted by most modern Bible Translations. The reason given is that these verses were not found in earlier Manuscripts. Wikipedia has a list on their web site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bible_ve...

Other English translations
O = omitted in main text
B = bracketed in the main text – The translation team and most biblical scholars today believe were not part of the original text. However, these texts have been retained in brackets in the Holman CSB[23]
F = omission noted in the footnote
Bible translation
Passage
NIV NASB NKJV RSV NRSV ESV NCV TLB REB HCSB

Matthew 9:34
F
Matthew 12:47
O F F F
Matthew 17:21
O F O O F O F F B
Matthew 18:11
O B F O O F O F F B
Matthew 21:44
F O F F F B
Matthew 23:14
O B F O O F O F B
Mark 7:16
O B F O O F O O F B
Mark 9:44
O B F O O F O O F B
Mark 9:46
O B F O O F O O F B
Mark 11:26
O B F O O F O O F B
Mark 15:28
O B F O O F O F F B
Mark 16:9–20
F B F F F B F F B
Luke 17:36
O B F O O F F B
Luke 22:20
F F
Luke 22:43
F B F O F B
Luke 22:44
F B F O F B
Luke 23:17
O B F O O F O O F B
Luke 24:12
O F
Luke 24:40
F F F F
John 5:4
O B F O O F O F F B
John 7:53–8:11
F B F O F B F F B
Acts 8:37
O B F O F F O F F B
Acts 15:34
O B F O O F O O F O
Acts 24:7
O B F O O F O F B
Acts 28:29
O B F O O F O O F B
Romans 16:24
O B F O O F O F B

There are many other issues between the King James Version(KJV) Bible and Modern Bible Translations ---- it is not just a NWT thing. Sorry if it does come out exact --see the Wiki site to see the original.

All the Best

Dave

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#3640 Nov 20, 2012
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be a very busy month for you.
Here is the original post of mine you responded to,which I directed to Richard Nark.
So as you elected to answer for him,where are the answers?
If you prefer we can go through them individually?
rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Holy Scriptures does God tell me to consider context?
I find the exact opposite.
Proverbs 30.
5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
No the sentence YOU write does not make sense.
But the sentences I posted do not come from YOU.They come from God.
The context here is the birth of Christ.
According to your private watch tower orientated interpretation its about the birth of an angel.That has nothing to do with context,that is sheer blasphemy.
Matthew 1.
20.But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21.And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22.Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23.Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Am I wrong in saying the writers of the nwt could not translate?or that Fred Franz lied?or the rules they applied to justify their rendering of John 1 v 1 was not applied to other verses?
But the answer to this question would at the very least give some credibility to the watch tower teaching.
Where in the Holy Scriptures do you read that any angel was born?
They were created according to the Holy Scriptures.Jesus existed before the world was formed according to the Holy Scriptures.
Who said an angel was born? Not me. Anyway, angels were created, or made, not born from women. I can always refer to what other Bibles say about angels if I need to, and what Bible lexicons say about angel. So it all depends upon how you look at it.

Portadown

#3641 Nov 20, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>do you think you are inspired?
Yet again you jump in to answer for another by not answering.
The post you jumped in on was this.

Yes or no,Miserycord?Tell us how Fred the liar Franz was inspired by Almighty God who says in.

Revelation 21.
8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Come on Misery,you jumped in to sort me out and then ran like the coward of the watch tower you are.

God says in Luke 9.
62. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Answer the post you responded to.

I. Me. Rachel. Do not! Absolutely not! I do not need to avoid the question by concocting an other question.

Do you believe the watch towers nwt is inspired of God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Holy Spirit 4 min red blood relative 83
Who is Jesus? 5 min rsss1 129
WT must pay $4,000 a day. 7 min It stinks in Houston 93
$4000 a day to cover JW dirty secrets! 8 min red blood relative 6
Another REASON why the NWT is the best Bible ever! 9 min HopeReigns 1,262
JWs: can you please tell me something? 1 hr dee rightful 160
Help needed 4 hr rsss1 109
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 20 hr dee rightful 4,387
More from around the web