little lamb

Australia

#3514 Nov 13, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
The scripture that you have no problem with says all three are one. All three being one is indeed unity and that is what Trinitarians have been teaching for centuries.
So... we see the double talk of what you learned from the men of the WT. You believe ,out of one side of you mouth the same as trinitarians, but out the other side you deny what they teach. Why? Because you believe the lies that men have taught you about what others believe.
WT teachings are nothing but confusion because they talk out of both sides of their mouth, and that is not from God but from men.
No dee be honest... men have been using the trinity doctrine not to encourage belief in the unity of Jesus and the spirit of God..but to teach equality , which Jesus as the son, has never made himself equal with the Father..he was accused of it by the Jews but he never did.

1 Cor 11..The head of every woman is the man, the head of the man is Christ and the head of CHRIST IS GOD.

Corinthians was written after the death and resurrection of Christ , and states quite plainly in every translation I have ever read " The HEAD of CHRIST is GOD."

Jesus submits to the headship of God his Father.
little lamb

Australia

#3515 Nov 13, 2012
Stanley Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe all translations are inspired of God little lamb?
Hope this doesn't get buried

I believe " all scripture " is inspired of God Stanley..don't you?

Unlike you I am not dependent on the translator or translation

I am dependent on God and his Christ who give me the Holy Spirit.

I believe when you put your trust in translators and translations , you don't put your trust in Jehovah,

and are liable then to be in danger of breaking one of the commandments of God, in not loving others as yourself..

because you can't be loving another when one continually beats his fellow man over the head because he doesn't use a translation he approves of..something very wrong there in the love department.
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#3516 Nov 13, 2012
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
No dee be honest... men have been using the trinity doctrine not to encourage belief in the unity of Jesus and the spirit of God..but to teach equality , which Jesus as the son, has never made himself equal with the Father..he was accused of it by the Jews but he never did.
1 Cor 11..The head of every woman is the man, the head of the man is Christ and the head of CHRIST IS GOD.
Corinthians was written after the death and resurrection of Christ , and states quite plainly in every translation I have ever read " The HEAD of CHRIST is GOD."
Jesus as a man was not equal to God and no Tinitartian ever taught any different.
God the Father made the point of saying Jesus was God several times but the men of the WT deny Gods' own words and jw's go along with the WT.
Jesus as the Son has all authority in heaven and earth and until all enemies ar place under his feet Jesus with all authority has equal power( authority) with his Father as He sit next to God on the throne of God.
The Trinity as taught by Trinitarians teaches the unity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.They are equal in that they are all necessary for the salvation of mankind...they are all equal in they are all of the same essence of God.
little lamb

Australia

#3517 Nov 13, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus as a man was not equal to God and no Tinitartian ever taught any different.
God the Father made the point of saying Jesus was God several times but the men of the WT deny Gods' own words and jw's go along with the WT.
Jesus as the Son has all authority in heaven and earth and until all enemies ar place under his feet Jesus with all authority has equal power( authority) with his Father as He sit next to God on the throne of God.
The Trinity as taught by Trinitarians teaches the unity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.They are equal in that they are all necessary for the salvation of mankind...they are all equal in they are all of the same essence of God.
First of all Dee, in all respect, you must realize that even using the word TRINITY, you break FAITH

1 Corinthians 4 [6] "
New International Version
Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.

Its by going "beyond what is written' that conflict occurs between Christians.

Its a fact that " all authority has been given Jesus in heaven and on earth"

But please remember that Jehovah God Is "above the heavens of the heavens",

and either you are not listening to Gods word that I quoted earlier " that the HEAD of Christ is God' or your mind goes blank and it doesn't register but scripture says there is no equality..otherwise why does Christ have God as his head?

and its recorded for us..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3518 Nov 13, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> Richardnak, I am talking to LL who says ALL SCRIPTURES ARE INSPIRED.That means all translation are inspired. You have a problem with that then talk to her not me.
dee,

That's just the point. The latter portion of 1 John 5:7, is not Scripture. It wasn't inspired of God, but rather it was inspired by a Trinitarian copyist, that added this to the text.

We find many others in the KJV Bibles, that have been corrected back to the original Greek text by the translators of of most other Bibles.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3519 Nov 13, 2012
Stanley Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I live, there is a legal entity known as a corporate body which is treated as a person in law.
In that sense, the persons who make up the corporate body are, as you say, multiple persons in one person.
So what's your point?
Do you mean that every single person of the corporate have the same juridical mandatory and can act as single individuals on behalf of the coporate body itself... in your eample opposite in our Company...?

When Jesus said that those who have seen him has seen the Father... what do you believe he meant by this statement...?

Do you believe that Jesus was comparring his human body with His Father as a spirit... even taken in consideration that humans are created in "their" image... If not pls. explain what he meant...?

Furthermore when Jesus he stated that the Father and he was one, do you really believe that Jesus, as a human and with a humans body was one with his heavenly Father as a spirit...?

Or was it a question of being one, equals in thoughts and mind, with the same goals, since Jesus was doing his Fathers will to 100 per cent...?

Who was in heaven when Jesus was among us, God and the Holy Spirit... or has God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, all of the trinity left heaven and walked around us on earth...?

Do yo really believe that your reading of and interpretation of the Scriptures, which you have based your belief at and posted here, are correct...?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3520 Nov 13, 2012
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe all scripture is inspired of God, beneficial for teaching reproving and setting matters straight, that the man of God may be fully competent and completely equipped for every good work"
But the emphasis is on the fact that it is for "THE MAN OF GOD">
A man who is not of God, does not have the Holy Spirit, which is the key to unlocking the word of God and making Gods word known to us..seeing it was under inspiration of the Holy Spirit that men first wrote the words for us.
God knows what he is doing in allowing the different translations of his own word..He catches the wise in their own traps...The answer is in doing of his will, not how clever we think we are in arguing about translations and translators.
our understanding grows as we walk in the light, he will see to it that we get the information we need
We can trust God, he is smarter then the lot of us together.
Hi Little Lamb

My comments:

You said:

“A man who is not of God, does not have the Holy Spirit, which is the key to unlocking the word of God and making Gods word known to us..seeing it was under inspiration of the Holy Spirit that men first wrote the words for us.
God knows what he is doing in allowing the different translations of his own word..He catches the wise in their own traps...The answer is in doing of his will, not how clever we think we are in arguing about translations and translators.
our understanding grows as we walk in the light, he will see to it that we get the information we need”

The argument that I gather from the above is: That where one has the Holy Spirit guiding them they will be able to discern the inspired word from the correct Bible Translation. I cannot disagree with the basic statement, however, I find that there are persons of good will from both sides of the Theology debate who both state the Holy Spirit is guiding them -- are they both correct?

The differences between the KJV and the NWT, NASB, NIV and other modern Bible Translations are considerable. The question I have is: Which one is right? The only way I can discover that is through study, reasoning, logic and researching the history, whereas your position appears to be that the Holy Spirit will guide you as to what is correct. For me the Holy Spirit guides me by “Making sure of all things”– that means study, research, reasoning and logic so that I can be sure of what I believe.

Anyway,

All the Best

Dave

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3521 Nov 13, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text>
All authority is not equal authority with someone else.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3522 Nov 13, 2012
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
hey dee, ever notice that little lamb always resorts to a straw man when she runs out of gas?
one thing i noticed about anti-trinitarians, they have a haughty attitude about them.

no matter how many time we define the position of the holy spirit and the word, anti trinitarians always resort back to the straw man that we are claiming jesus is in the father position.
see, they are still lying and doing tricky talk to maintain their theology, just like the jw gov body.

they feel it puts them in a higher righteous category, yet the opposite is true..... they can't identify their own lying haughty attitude.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3523 Nov 13, 2012
Dave47 wrote:
<quoted text>
. For me the Holy Spirit guides me by &#8220;Making sure of all things&#8221; &#8211; that means study, research, reasoning and logic so that I can be sure of what I believe.
Anyway,
All the Best
Dave
evidently there is a flaw in your reseach somewhere dave, cause you are still involved in the jw cult that promotes the FAKE COMING OF JESUS...... tisk tisk, all the best.
hope you figure it out.

“By grace you have been saved”

Since: May 09

London, UK

#3524 Nov 13, 2012
little lamb wrote:
I believe " all scripture " is inspired of God Stanley
Do you believe all 'translations' are inspired of God little lamb?

A simple 'Yes' or 'No' would be cooperative, helpful and honest.

London, UK

#3525 Nov 13, 2012
Veritas 69 wrote:
Do you mean that every single person of the corporate have the same juridical mandatory and can act as single individuals on behalf of the coporate body itself... in your eample opposite in our Company...?
You introduced the comparison, not me. I am simply pointing out that where I live there is a legal entity known as a corporate body which is treated as a person in law. In that sense, the persons who make up the corporate body are, as you say, multiple persons in one person.
Veritas 69 wrote:
When Jesus said that those who have seen him has seen the Father... what do you believe he meant by this statement...?
I believe He meant what He said.

“He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say,‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves." -- John 14:7-11
Veritas 69 wrote:
Do you believe that Jesus was comparring his human body with His Father as a spirit... even taken in consideration that humans are created in "their" image... If not pls. explain what he meant...?
[QUOTE]
No. He meant "I am in the Father and the Father in Me."
[QUOTE who="Veritas 69"]
Furthermore when Jesus he stated that the Father and he was one, do you really believe that Jesus, as a human and with a humans body was one with his heavenly Father as a spirit...?
[QUOTE]
I take what Jesus says at face value. I do not attempt to argue with Him. I believe that the Father is in Jesus, and Jesus is in the Father. I believe that there is a unique divine spiritual union between Father and Son in a very real sense in that they are inextricably united and intertwined with each other. But they are not one single consciousness. They each have their own consciousness, but can instantly communicate with each other at will.
[QUOTE who="Veritas 69"]
Or was it a question of being one, equals in thoughts and mind, with the same goals, since Jesus was doing his Fathers will to 100 per cent...?
[QUOTE]
What Jesus described would include what you have described.
[QUOTE who="Veritas 69"]
Who was in heaven when Jesus was among us, God and the Holy Spirit... or has God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, all of the trinity left heaven and walked around us on earth...?
[QUOTE]
Jesus, as regards his human nature, was confined to earth from conception to death. The Father and the Holy Spirit had no such constraints and, as always, had the freedom of the universe and beyond.
[QUOTE who="Veritas 69"]
Do yo really believe that your reading of and interpretation of the Scriptures, which you have based your belief at and posted here, are correct...?
I believe what the Bible says. I do not subscribe to the Watchtower approach of "I know what the Bible says, but what it really means is....." and then attempt to explain it away as something totally different.

I have explained what I believe. What I know for certain is partial and incomplete, so I am not dogmatic. I am open to correction. One day I will know everything completely.

"Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." -- 1 Corinthians 13:12

London, UK

#3526 Nov 13, 2012
Let me try that again
Veritas 69 wrote:
You introduced the comparison, not me. I am simply pointing out that where I live there is a legal entity known as a corporate body which is treated as a person in law. In that sense, the persons who make up the corporate body are, as you say, multiple persons in one person.
Veritas 69 wrote:

“He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say,‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves." -- John 14:7-11
Veritas 69 wrote:
Veritas 69 wrote:
I take what Jesus says at face value. I do not attempt to argue with Him. I believe that the Father is in Jesus, and Jesus is in the Father. I believe that there is a unique divine spiritual union between Father and Son in a very real sense in that they are inextricably united and intertwined with each other. But they are not one single consciousness. They each have their own consciousness, but can instantly communicate with each other at will.
Veritas 69 wrote:
Veritas 69 wrote:
Jesus, as regards his human nature, was confined to earth from conception to death. The Father and the Holy Spirit had no such constraints and, as always, had the freedom of the universe and beyond.
Veritas 69 wrote:

I believe what the Bible says. I do not subscribe to the Watchtower approach of "I know what the Bible says, but what it really means is....." and then attempt to explain it away as something totally different.

I have explained what I believe. What I know for certain is partial and incomplete, so I am not dogmatic. I am open to correction. One day I will know everything completely.

"Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." -- 1 Corinthians 13:12
little lamb

Melbourne, Australia

#3527 Nov 14, 2012
Dave47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Little Lamb
My comments:
You said:
“A man who is not of God, does not have the Holy Spirit, which is the key to unlocking the word of God and making Gods word known to us..seeing it was under inspiration of the Holy Spirit that men first wrote the words for us.
our understanding grows as we walk in the light, he will see to it that we get the information we need”
The argument that I gather from the above is: That where one has the Holy Spirit guiding them they will be able to discern the inspired word from the correct Bible Translation. I cannot disagree with the basic statement, however, I find that there are persons of good will from both sides of the Theology debate who both state the Holy Spirit is guiding them -- are they both correct?
The differences between the KJV and the NWT, NASB, NIV and other modern Bible Translations are considerable. The question I have is: Which one is right? The only way I can discover that is through study, reasoning, logic and researching the history, whereas your position appears to be that the Holy Spirit will guide you as to what is correct. For me the Holy Spirit guides me by “Making sure of all things”– that means study, research, reasoning and logic so that I can be sure of what I believe.
Anyway,
All the Best
Dave
Yes I believe that Holy Spirit is given to all who repent and are baptized into Christ..and I believe that we all have to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

I have found that its some people on both sides of the argument that have made the doctrine of the trinity, they measuring line for a Christian..but I believe the fruitage of the spirit is what should define a Christian..

Its very hard to love someone who disagrees with you but its a worthwhile challenge if you can overcome your feelings...and I suspect like yourself that its men of good-will that are the over comers.

I believe God is less concerned with who is right then who loves.

As a Christian you can be right whilst your manner and execution can be wrong..
little lamb

Melbourne, Australia

#3528 Nov 14, 2012
Stanley Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe all 'translations' are inspired of God little lamb?
A simple 'Yes' or 'No' would be cooperative, helpful and honest.
All scripture is inspired of God...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3529 Nov 14, 2012
Stanley Walker wrote:
Let me try that again
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Maybe it was not the best comparrison i maked, but it gave an ide that and even it was a corporate as you turned it to, the different persons was indviduals and not the corporate itself and have no juridical mandatory on behalf of the coporate, wherefore the individuals was not like and couldn't do anything by themselves, unless it has been approved by the corporate, like Jesus from His Father...

And as I said, I have God and Jesus Christ in my heart,which doesn't mean that Im a part of a trinity or multiple gods in one...?

The Scriptures states that there are many lords and gods but only one God and one Lord...

Do you believe that the gods and lords also are some kind of gods and lords in one, a binity or trinity even Jesus is a god but not God...?

Do you always take Jesus Words litterally, even when he speaks in parables...?

I will be gratefull if you would comment my different questions... from prevous postings and latest, one to one in question of how you will describe with yuor own words what Jesus meant...

Thanks in advance...

“The Truth Shall Make You Free”

Since: Jan 10

Boston, MA

#3530 Nov 14, 2012
Veritas 69 wrote:
The Scriptures states that there are many lords and gods but only one God and one Lord...
How many Gods do you believe exist?
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#3531 Nov 14, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
All authority is not equal authority with someone else.
Really...then what does ALL mean?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3532 Nov 14, 2012
red blood relative wrote:
<quoted text>
evidently there is a flaw in your reseach somewhere dave, cause you are still involved in the jw cult that promotes the FAKE COMING OF JESUS...... tisk tisk, all the best.
hope you figure it out.
HI Red Blood Relative

I see your reading skills are not improving. I am not a JW but I do agree with their position on the trinity. One thing I do diligently: Is examine different positions, and then weigh and balance the arguments – Try it sometime!

You must have been in a hurry as I see you don’t have one of your signature comments about the Holy Spirit “moving to and fro over the earth”. To help you out --- here is the Bible Translation for Genesis 1:1,2 from the Catholic Bishops web site: http://www.usccb.org/bible/genesis/1

“In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth-a—2* and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—b

Notes:
A- mighty wind: literally,“spirit or breath [ruah] of God”; cf. Gn 8:1.

Genesis 8:1
“God remembered Noah and all the animals, wild and tame, that were with him in the ark. So God made a wind sweep over the earth, and the waters began to subside.”

It looks like I am not alone in using “wind or breath” as an interpretation at Genesis 1:2(Oops—Sorry -- I am not” I am”. LOL).

Scientists tell us that the Earth was formed violently; but they only confirm what the Bible has already told us! God used his Mighty Power(Spirit)! Bible writers describe that “Power” in terms that we all understand – the power of "Wind" – ask anyone who has endured a Hurricane, Tornado or Typhoon or any huge storm such as “Sandy’ and they will attest to that Power.

All the Best

Dave

UK

#3533 Nov 14, 2012
Veritas 69 wrote:
Do you always take Jesus Words litterally, even when he speaks in parables...?
And there was me hoping for a reasonable discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phil. 2:11 hits every JW like a brick! 4 min Aneirin 65
Poll Should women be allowed to serve on the Governbody 7 min Covered 269
Jehovah's Witnesses once again offending and in... 13 min Covered 7
Who Revised the Greek Timeline? 15 min JahLuvsHuKnoHim 5
Why is the GB member Stephen lett admitting ..? 50 min Maravilla 339
how bout a subject jws wont discuss? 56 min Elijahovah 77
WHAT is the name of the 'Holy-Ghost-God'? 1 hr dee lightful 616
Christian Trucker and OSAS Doctrine 1 hr dee lightful 858
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 4 hr xJW 2,735
More from around the web