February 2013 Public Watchtower Page 8

February 2013 Public Watchtower Page 8

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#1 Nov 24, 2012
"There were many things about the Mormon faith that I had accepted, but I wasn’t really sure how the Scriptures compared with those ideas. My aunt sent me the November 8, 1995, issue of the Awake! magazine, published by Jehovah’s Witnesses, which included some articles on the Mormon faith. I was surprised that I wasn’t familiar with many of the Mormon teachings. That moved me to search through the official Mormon Web site to confirm that what was stated in Awake! was factual. It was, and those facts were further confirmed when I visited Mormon museums in Utah."

The Watchtower Publishing Company would never allow anyone to read a third-party commentary on JW beliefs although most web sites that are critical of JW beliefs cite Watchtower Publishing Company publications as a reference, many of which are now available on the Watchtower Publishing Company's official website.

Checking Watchtower Publishing Company literature with a critical eye simply isn't allowed.

It's one rule for the JW's and another rule for every other faith....

Accept what is written by us, but don't you dare try checking whether it is 'factual' or not. You can only do this for other faiths!
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#4 Nov 26, 2012
JW's, will you critically examine what you are being taught by the Watchtower Publishing Company?

JW's, will you compare what is being taught as food at the proper time with what was being taught 50-100 years ago as food at the proper time?

aadriver

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#5 Nov 26, 2012
They are scared to death when it comes with checking out their past. My son will not talk about anything to do with his religion with me, because he knows he has no hope whatsoever of successfully defending it.
Bhull Schitt

Middletown, NY

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Although the Moon is passing through your fifth house of pleasure, the Sun is moving through your twelfth house of solitude and reflection. You may want to enjoy simple, quiet pleasures that help soothe your soul as Mercury turns direct. The month before your birthday is often a time of retreat and reflection. Take a look at the year in review and decide what mistakes you want to avoid next year.

aadriver

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#8 Nov 27, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if he felt it wasn't a matter of defending but instead that of sharing or explaining.....he might open up, be willing to answer questions you have about past published points. The key isn't to create tension but to allow your son to feel like you aren't baiting him for a show-down.
Sincere questions are often very good conversation starters.
Why do you say I am baiting him. I simply show him all the lies, double standards, wrong dates,etc etc.
There is no need to bait him as you put it. He and others have no sensible answers to what ex witnesses show and tell them.

It's quite easy on the doors talking to people thet have no idea whatsoever about the JW history, but a totally different matter if JWs talk to ones who have been there and got the t shirt.
Go figure

United States

#11 Nov 29, 2012
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say I am baiting him. I simply show him all the lies, double standards, wrong dates,etc etc.
There is no need to bait him as you put it. He and others have no sensible answers to what ex witnesses show and tell them.
It's quite easy on the doors talking to people thet have no idea whatsoever about the JW history, but a totally different matter if JWs talk to ones who have been there and got the t shirt.
Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to be defensive before anyone ever questions their religious beliefs.

They are always ready to cover their ears and close their eyes to the truth in order to maintain their fear-based beliefs. After all, if they leave "Jehovah", where will they go? That's the type of question that is drilled into them so that they are not open to any other possibilities, like turning to
Jesus as the way.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Nov 29, 2012
I have had bible studies with Mormons and find them quit simular to jw's. The first time I read the book of mormon was 40 years ago I found it very violent. Recently I began a study with an 80 year old mormon,that has been a mormon all his life.Like jw's he would blow up when he couldn't answer questions. Like jw's they expect total devotion.

“Delivering the Gospel”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#17 Dec 2, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly just some personal points that are probably based on where each of us is at as bornJWs and the differences in the way we were trained up within the WTS. Paul is more spiritual minded and I am more theocratic minded.
I can't say enough how much I personally like, respect and trust (not a word I am using lightly either) Paul.
Sounds like the person I knew that led me to the Lord,I knew him before I knew his beliefs.He was someone I knew I could trust.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 2 min Anonymous Brother 544
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! 47 min Anonymous Brother 110
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 1 hr Imagoodboy 2,978
How can you make your spirit holy if it is just... 2 hr frgoad 5
Correcting 1914 2 hr ben burns 4
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 2 hr Enuma Elish 8,885
Jesus DENIED being God! 3 hr sonny 607
Why don;t JW's feed the poor as Jesus demonstra... 3 hr RedhorseWoman 60
News 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses co... 5 hr Jake999 833
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 5 hr little lamb 297