Acrobat, I'm interested in your thoughts

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

Since: Sep 11

Brantford, Canada

#1 Oct 28, 2012
I understand that you came here to clarify your thoughts on a jw that murdered another member of the faith. I get it. I can also figure out that you are a jw, or christian, or just another deluded soul that hopes and prays everyday that they may be right. You're one of the few that I respect for that, as you don't seem to come across as overbearing, except for on the one poster who claims he's a jw, but is the complete opposite of a christian. Let's not delve into that though.

My question is this, what do you feel about the critic movement against the jw's? I know that you know I'm very critical against your faith, as are many others. Do people that have lost family and friends have a right to be against the society? I don't believe I've asked this of any other pro jw poster, but I could be wrong. And what keeps you coming back? It certainley can't be tpmp, because as you know, he is worse than any apostate could ever be. He pretends to be jw, but his effect is far more beneficial than the greatest cynic of your organization could ever hope for. And us critics don't like him much either.

But I'm truthful, I'm df'd, and have a huge stone to grind against your religion. Are you able to have a conversation with a critic of your organization? Look forward to hearing what you have to say on the matter. Cheers.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 28, 2012
Stingo, with all due respect, to be straight to the point, I do not really wish to have a critical debate with you.

To be honest, I did not know that you are df'd and are here to voice your criticisms against JWs. I've tried my best to keep up with the threads that I posted in, but I don't necessarily remember everything everyone said. I do thank you for your candor, however, instead of trying to manipulate me into an argument. On that count, then (you being upfront), I believe I owe you at least a civil answer to your question.

I think everyone has a right to have voice and express their views on whatever. Especially on a board like Topix, it is free world. That doesn't mean that I necessarily agree with it being a healthy thing. For you - perhaps it is. Perhaps it's a healthy outlet for feelings you have no other outlet for. In my short time here, though, I've come to realize that it's a far more un-healthy outlet for alot of the others here. I think that's unfortunate and it's too bad that this is the way it is. It doesn't cause me to want to take up a crusade correcting you or others, however.

What keeps me coming back is your other question. To be honest I probably won't remain too long. I didn't know this forum was particularly anti-JW, I mean, there are other forums out there like that where it's predominantly anti-JW, and I don't frequent those. I think what initially peaked my interest beyond the first few posts was just the overall lack of accurate knowledge I saw, even from posters claiming to be JWs. And then, of course, the vulgarity and completely un-Christian behavior of the poster mentioned. I felt the need to, I don't know, at least try to represent properly.

I'm actually convalescing right now, recouperating from a major surgery. When I'm on my feet again, I doubt very much I will be here.

So I realize I've probably painted myself into a corner in terms of who I'm going to speak to here as I'm rapidly realizing that there are very few, if any, real JWs on this board, so....at any rate I hope you will realize my respect in giving you this answer, and not take offense that I won't engage in critical debates with you.

I do hope you are able to find some measure of peace and spiritual happiness, whatever your decisions. I don't wish ill on anyone, everyone has been through enough and will go through even more.

“Surprised By Love”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2012
Hello. Acrobat, it's your alter ego, LOL. Have you been on Jehovahs-witness.net ? Although it is mostly a anti -JW forum, I think you might find some of the threads a little more interesting than the ones here. It is moderated, so those who just want to fight are usually quickly shut down. Some of the nastier people here like Dream-Weaver, have been banned from there, more than once, or so I've been told. But they are fine with pro JW posters, as long as they obey the rules. There are lively debates and disagreements, but the discussions are a little more intelligent. I have been posting less here lately, as all too often the threads devolve into insults and name calling, and that is getting kind of old.

But I had a good laugh about TPMP thinking you were me. I am an anti JW and a woman, you are a man and pro JW, so of course we must be the same, right? LOL, I don't have time for that kind of nonsense, what would be the point? Anyway, I wanted to say that even though we may disagree, I think your posts are well thought out and intelligent, and it was fun seeing you school TPMP.
FutureMan

Australia

#4 Oct 29, 2012
acrobat wrote:
Stingo, with all due respect, to be straight to the point, I do not really wish to have a critical debate with you.
To be honest, I did not know that you are df'd and are here to voice your criticisms against JWs. I've tried my best to keep up with the threads that I posted in, but I don't necessarily remember everything everyone said. I do thank you for your candor, however, instead of trying to manipulate me into an argument. On that count, then (you being upfront), I believe I owe you at least a civil answer to your question.
I think everyone has a right to have voice and express their views on whatever. Especially on a board like Topix, it is free world. That doesn't mean that I necessarily agree with it being a healthy thing. For you - perhaps it is. Perhaps it's a healthy outlet for feelings you have no other outlet for. In my short time here, though, I've come to realize that it's a far more un-healthy outlet for alot of the others here. I think that's unfortunate and it's too bad that this is the way it is. It doesn't cause me to want to take up a crusade correcting you or others, however.
What keeps me coming back is your other question. To be honest I probably won't remain too long. I didn't know this forum was particularly anti-JW, I mean, there are other forums out there like that where it's predominantly anti-JW, and I don't frequent those. I think what initially peaked my interest beyond the first few posts was just the overall lack of accurate knowledge I saw, even from posters claiming to be JWs. And then, of course, the vulgarity and completely un-Christian behavior of the poster mentioned. I felt the need to, I don't know, at least try to represent properly.
I'm actually convalescing right now, recouperating from a major surgery. When I'm on my feet again, I doubt very much I will be here.
So I realize I've probably painted myself into a corner in terms of who I'm going to speak to here as I'm rapidly realizing that there are very few, if any, real JWs on this board, so....at any rate I hope you will realize my respect in giving you this answer, and not take offense that I won't engage in critical debates with you.
I do hope you are able to find some measure of peace and spiritual happiness, whatever your decisions. I don't wish ill on anyone, everyone has been through enough and will go through even more.
You are obviously pro-Jehovah's Witness so I wonder what you think about this site who are also Jehovah's Witnesses and appear to be very knowledgeable about the functioning of the organization.

https://anointedjw.org/

There teaching resonate with me very much.

I was disfellowshiped on the charge of not accepting that the "faithful slave" had being found faithful and appointed over all of Christ's belongings in 1919.

Now this teaching has being changed to not only that they had not being appointed in 1919 and will not be appointed until sometime during the great tribulation, but now it seems that only the governing body are actually the "faithful slave" excluding all the rest as contributors to the providing of the spiritual food to all the "domestics' which now apparently include the "great crowd".

I would like the Elders on my judiciary who disfellowshiped me to explain that one to me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 29, 2012
Much Happier Now, thank you for your kind words. I can't begin to fathom the mindset of this TPMP person as he is clearly out on the furthest fringes of sanity. I haven't visited the site you mentioned, but thank you for the heads up.

FutureMan, I am not aware of that site either. Like most JWs, I pretty much use JW.org as my source of official information. I might take a swing through it, I imagine from the url it is a website of individuals claiming to be of the annointed. I do not discount anything someone making that claim might say until I review it, because the annointed are truly a most blessed group by Jah. So I will reserve opinion on that.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I'm sorry your experience has been what it was. I don't know of the teaching being changed, as far as I know nothing official has been stated in this regard yet. So again, it would be premature to comment.

I will repeat though that I'm not really intending to debate doctrine or specifics of everyone's departure from the organization. Thanks.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#6 Oct 29, 2012
acrobat wrote:
Much Happier Now, thank you for your kind words. I can't begin to fathom the mindset of this TPMP person as he is clearly out on the furthest fringes of sanity. I haven't visited the site you mentioned, but thank you for the heads up.
FutureMan, I am not aware of that site either. Like most JWs, I pretty much use JW.org as my source of official information. I might take a swing through it, I imagine from the url it is a website of individuals claiming to be of the annointed. I do not discount anything someone making that claim might say until I review it, because the annointed are truly a most blessed group by Jah. So I will reserve opinion on that.
As for the rest of what you wrote, I'm sorry your experience has been what it was. I don't know of the teaching being changed, as far as I know nothing official has been stated in this regard yet. So again, it would be premature to comment.
I will repeat though that I'm not really intending to debate doctrine or specifics of everyone's departure from the organization. Thanks.
I'm just fine, Acrobat.

Casting aspersions is weak.

I call it as i see it.

Yeah, i'm a firecracker at times. I admit it. I will not change, either.

You should know that by now.

==========

Do remember that most of the people Hate Jehovah's Witnesses and are most likely df or da.

You did NOT find this site by accident. HOGWASH. You who CLAIM to be a witness and not an apostates are quite aware of what the society counsels about these sites.

Yet, you are here "a couple of days in a row", i might add.

Surely, the act of being offended on you part is hooey.

Your full of bologna.

If they have spoke out against Jehovah and his organization, they may very well be Disfellowshipped in the eyes of Jehovah.

So, let see if you are a real witness and put your actions and money where you mouth is.

This site is chockfull of disfellowhiped people.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#7 Oct 29, 2012
acrobat wrote:
Much Happier Now, thank you for your kind words. I can't begin to fathom the mindset of this TPMP person as he is clearly out on the furthest fringes of sanity. I haven't visited the site you mentioned, but thank you for the heads up.
FutureMan, I am not aware of that site either. Like most JWs, I pretty much use JW.org as my source of official information. I might take a swing through it, I imagine from the url it is a website of individuals claiming to be of the annointed. I do not discount anything someone making that claim might say until I review it, because the annointed are truly a most blessed group by Jah. So I will reserve opinion on that.
As for the rest of what you wrote, I'm sorry your experience has been what it was. I don't know of the teaching being changed, as far as I know nothing official has been stated in this regard yet. So again, it would be premature to comment.
I will repeat though that I'm not really intending to debate doctrine or specifics of everyone's departure from the organization. Thanks.
Acrobat is on Post #133 with this new avatar. Surely, he/she can't be that offended by this place. LOL!

Acrobat is a regular. Don't let him/her fool you.
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#8 Oct 29, 2012
FutureMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously pro-Jehovah's Witness so I wonder what you think about this site who are also Jehovah's Witnesses and appear to be very knowledgeable about the functioning of the organization.
https://anointedjw.org/
There teaching resonate with me very much.
I was disfellowshiped on the charge of not accepting that the "faithful slave" had being found faithful and appointed over all of Christ's belongings in 1919.
Now this teaching has being changed to not only that they had not being appointed in 1919 and will not be appointed until sometime during the great tribulation, but now it seems that only the governing body are actually the "faithful slave" excluding all the rest as contributors to the providing of the spiritual food to all the "domestics' which now apparently include the "great crowd".
I would like the Elders on my judiciary who disfellowshiped me to explain that one to me.
"I would like the Elders on my judiciary who disfellowshiped me to explain that one to me."

Easy.

You ran ahead of the Governi.... errr errr errr... You ran ahead of Jehovah.
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#9 Oct 29, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text> I'm just fine, Acrobat.
Casting aspersions is weak.
I call it as i see it.
Yeah, i'm a firecracker at times. I admit it. I will not change, either.
You should know that by now.
==========
Do remember that most of the people Hate Jehovah's Witnesses and are most likely df or da.
You did NOT find this site by accident. HOGWASH. You who CLAIM to be a witness and not an apostates are quite aware of what the society counsels about these sites.
Yet, you are here "a couple of days in a row", i might add.
Surely, the act of being offended on you part is hooey.
Your full of bologna.
If they have spoke out against Jehovah and his organization, they may very well be Disfellowshipped in the eyes of Jehovah.
So, let see if you are a real witness and put your actions and money where you mouth is.
This site is chockfull of disfellowhiped people.
Yeah, the 8 Gobbling Buddies up in NYC call us apostates and this site is an apostate discussion board.

Call the Service Department and see what the brother on the phone says about TOPIX.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#10 Oct 29, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the 8 Gobbling Buddies up in NYC call us apostates and this site is an apostate discussion board.
Call the Service Department and see what the brother on the phone says about TOPIX.
Hey, i agree.

Tell that to Acrobat!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11 Oct 29, 2012
"Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.

A Top 10 online newspaper destination (comScore, June 2011), the site links news from 67,000 sources to 450,000 news topics. Topix also works with some of the nation's major media companies to grow and engage their online audiences through forums and RSS feeds.

Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.

Topix LLC is not affiliated in any manner with Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc."

Topix is not in and of itself an "apostate" site. Many brothers use Topix in other areas to keep abreast of the news of the world. It is by and large an effective aggregate of various news services.

I have engaged in discussions on other areas of Topix that have nothing to do with JWs.

There are no indications from the title of this particular forum that it is an anti-JW forum per se. Indeed, the very title "Jehovah's Witnesses", in contrast to other identifiable anti-JW sites on the internet, might well lead a sincere person to conclude that this was in fact, a place where Jehovah's Witnesses might be found.

I will allow that upon entering the forum I realized as I progressed further that this is nothing more than a venue for apostates, anti-JWs, and fraudulent individuals such as TMPM who at most are barely fringe interested - but hilariously, irregular - persons, to spew their vitirol, and for persons such as TPMP to engage in same apparently believing that he/they are above the counsel of the Faithful Slave. None of these individuals are ones that I came here seeking. TPMP, in particular, brings great reproach on JWs by his actions here.

There are also some who are inactive and not so anti-JW, and these ones might possibly make the exercise worthwhile, but it is becoming clearer and clearer that any effort I would make to reach these individuals will ultimately be repeatedly drowned out by the negative forces I note in the previous paragraph.

I had the time to do this as I'm recovering from surgery in bed. Whether some deviant on the internet want to believe this or not is not my concern.

Therefore I will not be commenting further on this thread in response or engagement to antiJW sentiments and as for TMPM, well, he'll find out soon enough what the society thinks of his behavior here. They might not do anything, because he's not even truly a Witness or even remotely associated.

Good day.

“STOP THAT. It's silly.”

Since: Dec 06

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Oct 29, 2012
acrobat wrote:
[T]his is nothing more than a venue for apostates, anti-JWs, and fraudulent individuals such as TMPM who at most are barely fringe interested - but hilariously, irregular - persons, to spew their vitirol, and for persons such as TPMP to engage in same apparently believing that he/they are above the counsel of the Faithful Slave. None of these individuals are ones that I came here seeking. TPMP, in particular, brings great reproach on JWs by his actions here.
There are also some who are inactive and not so anti-JW, and these ones might possibly make the exercise worthwhile, but it is becoming clearer and clearer that [any effort I would make to reach these individuals will ultimately be repeatedly drowned out by the negative forces] I note in the previous paragraph.
[Emphasis added]

Hence, why your JWGB encourages their members to engage people face-to-face rather than using the Internet, and why it discourages them from getting involved with websites like this.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#13 Oct 29, 2012
acrobat wrote:
"Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.
A Top 10 online newspaper destination (comScore, June 2011), the site links news from 67,000 sources to 450,000 news topics. Topix also works with some of the nation's major media companies to grow and engage their online audiences through forums and RSS feeds.
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.
Topix LLC is not affiliated in any manner with Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc."
Topix is not in and of itself an "apostate" site. Many brothers use Topix in other areas to keep abreast of the news of the world. It is by and large an effective aggregate of various news services.
I have engaged in discussions on other areas of Topix that have nothing to do with JWs.
There are no indications from the title of this particular forum that it is an anti-JW forum per se. Indeed, the very title "Jehovah's Witnesses", in contrast to other identifiable anti-JW sites on the internet, might well lead a sincere person to conclude that this was in fact, a place where Jehovah's Witnesses might be found.
I will allow that upon entering the forum I realized as I progressed further that this is nothing more than a venue for apostates, anti-JWs, and fraudulent individuals such as TMPM who at most are barely fringe interested - but hilariously, irregular - persons, to spew their vitirol, and for persons such as TPMP to engage in same apparently believing that he/they are above the counsel of the Faithful Slave. None of these individuals are ones that I came here seeking. TPMP, in particular, brings great reproach on JWs by his actions here.
There are also some who are inactive and not so anti-JW, and these ones might possibly make the exercise worthwhile, but it is becoming clearer and clearer that any effort I would make to reach these individuals will ultimately be repeatedly drowned out by the negative forces I note in the previous paragraph.
I had the time to do this as I'm recovering from surgery in bed. Whether some deviant on the internet want to believe this or not is not my concern.
Therefore I will not be commenting further on this thread in response or engagement to antiJW sentiments and as for TMPM, well, he'll find out soon enough what the society thinks of his behavior here. They might not do anything, because he's not even truly a Witness or even remotely associated.
Good day.
LOL

Whatever you say.

What congo am i affiliated with?

Brooklyn?

Bronx?

Manhattan?

Wastchester?

Long Island?

Yonkers?.

The list is endless......
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#14 Oct 29, 2012
At least, i'm getting "Acrobat" to take a stands.

If i was able to help he/her do that. Then i'm glad.

Let's see if it lasts.....Hmmmmmmm??

She sure didn't start out that way!. That's for sure!

==========

Acrobat, are you Brainiac?.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#15 Oct 29, 2012
acrobat wrote:
"Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.
A Top 10 online newspaper destination (comScore, June 2011), the site links news from 67,000 sources to 450,000 news topics. Topix also works with some of the nation's major media companies to grow and engage their online audiences through forums and RSS feeds.
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.
Topix LLC is not affiliated in any manner with Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc."
Topix is not in and of itself an "apostate" site. Many brothers use Topix in other areas to keep abreast of the news of the world. It is by and large an effective aggregate of various news services.
I have engaged in discussions on other areas of Topix that have nothing to do with JWs.
There are no indications from the title of this particular forum that it is an anti-JW forum per se. Indeed, the very title "Jehovah's Witnesses", in contrast to other identifiable anti-JW sites on the internet, might well lead a sincere person to conclude that this was in fact, a place where Jehovah's Witnesses might be found.
I will allow that upon entering the forum I realized as I progressed further that this is nothing more than a venue for apostates, anti-JWs, and fraudulent individuals such as TMPM who at most are barely fringe interested - but hilariously, irregular - persons, to spew their vitirol, and for persons such as TPMP to engage in same apparently believing that he/they are above the counsel of the Faithful Slave. None of these individuals are ones that I came here seeking. TPMP, in particular, brings great reproach on JWs by his actions here.
There are also some who are inactive and not so anti-JW, and these ones might possibly make the exercise worthwhile, but it is becoming clearer and clearer that any effort I would make to reach these individuals will ultimately be repeatedly drowned out by the negative forces I note in the previous paragraph.
I had the time to do this as I'm recovering from surgery in bed. Whether some deviant on the internet want to believe this or not is not my concern.
Therefore I will not be commenting further on this thread in response or engagement to antiJW sentiments and as for TMPM, well, he'll find out soon enough what the society thinks of his behavior here. They might not do anything, because he's not even truly a Witness or even remotely associated.
Good day.
Remember to give your info as well.(It goes both ways) so whoever you come into contact with will take you seriously.

Or else you will ,inevitably, look like a crackpot.

LOL!
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#16 Oct 29, 2012
acrobat wrote:
"Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.
A Top 10 online newspaper destination (comScore, June 2011), the site links news from 67,000 sources to 450,000 news topics. Topix also works with some of the nation's major media companies to grow and engage their online audiences through forums and RSS feeds.
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.
Topix LLC is not affiliated in any manner with Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc."
Topix is not in and of itself an "apostate" site. Many brothers use Topix in other areas to keep abreast of the news of the world. It is by and large an effective aggregate of various news services.
I have engaged in discussions on other areas of Topix that have nothing to do with JWs.
There are no indications from the title of this particular forum that it is an anti-JW forum per se. Indeed, the very title "Jehovah's Witnesses", in contrast to other identifiable anti-JW sites on the internet, might well lead a sincere person to conclude that this was in fact, a place where Jehovah's Witnesses might be found.
I will allow that upon entering the forum I realized as I progressed further that this is nothing more than a venue for apostates, anti-JWs, and fraudulent individuals such as TMPM who at most are barely fringe interested - but hilariously, irregular - persons, to spew their vitirol, and for persons such as TPMP to engage in same apparently believing that he/they are above the counsel of the Faithful Slave. None of these individuals are ones that I came here seeking. TPMP, in particular, brings great reproach on JWs by his actions here.
There are also some who are inactive and not so anti-JW, and these ones might possibly make the exercise worthwhile, but it is becoming clearer and clearer that any effort I would make to reach these individuals will ultimately be repeatedly drowned out by the negative forces I note in the previous paragraph.
I had the time to do this as I'm recovering from surgery in bed. Whether some deviant on the internet want to believe this or not is not my concern.
Therefore I will not be commenting further on this thread in response or engagement to antiJW sentiments and as for TMPM, well, he'll find out soon enough what the society thinks of his behavior here. They might not do anything, because he's not even truly a Witness or even remotely associated.
Good day.
Ok, call the Watchtower Publishing Company Service Department and see what the brother on the phone says about the Jehovah's Witness Forum on the TOPIX website.

That should dum...err...narrow the options down far enough for you to understand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting, looks like ABC News will be giving... 5 min MarcelB 113
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 14 min Brother P 571
Is it true that the Watchtower Society... 17 min MarcelB 268
WHY churchoids Despise God's Name- 56 min array 24
What is the source of jehovah's witness beliefs... (Aug '12) 1 hr FutureMan 283
Christian religions who don't celebrate Christm... (Sep '08) 1 hr See Dunamis 432
What other religions are preaching the good new... 1 hr x WT 68
Biology Professor says Awake! Magazine Misquote... 3 hr MarcelB 361
Found this today about Gods name. 6 hr dee lightful 3,136
More from around the web