The "David and Goliath" HOAX!

The "David and Goliath" HOAX!

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

HooT-n-Howl

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 6, 2010
No doubt, every Christian and Bible Thumper is fed and regularly stuffed with legends and heroic tales like that of "David and Goliath."

Kid David was the Hebrew lad who slew 9-foot tall Philistine Giant Warrior, GOLIATH, and did it by unleashing just a single sling-shot.

This story comes from the Bible book, I Samuel 17:23-50.

The Champion Philistine Monstrosity-Warrior from Gath, Goliath (in full combat array) was pitted against a lone, almost nude teenage shepherd named David.

We all know what the legend says happened. David killed Goliath of Gath! With a sling and a stone, David struck the Philistine Whamo, and killed him.

What a great tale to tell our children. It's the greatest of all "VICTORIOUS UNDERDOG Tales" with all the praise going to Jehovah, David's God!

All Big Bullies Beware, is the moral of "D and G!"

BUT WHOA, just hold on a minute Jake! What is THIS:

In the second book of Samuel we have an entirely different account of the slaying of Goliath in the same Bible and at, II Samuel 21:19:

"And there was again war with the Philistines at Gob; and Elhanan the son of Joareoregim, the Bethlehemite, slew Goliath the Gittite."

Gittite means "man of Gath". So it is the same Goliath that was described as being slain in both I and II Samuel. In the former, "David" was the giant killer, in the latter it was "Elhanan."

OK?? At least one of these stories is a Lie.

Who slew Goliath: David or Elhanan?

This inconsistency was so obvious to the translators for the King James Bible (or "The Authorized Version") that in an act of dishonest piety they actually rewrote the verse in II Samuel 21:19 to read:

"Elhanan,the son of Joareoregim, the Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite."

Hello! The words "the brother of" are not found in the ancient manuscripts. Those unholy words been craftily interpolated covertly by the translators!

Obviously, the Samuel authors goofed up, exposing the fact that there exists contradictory accounts of the slaying of Goliath in the Bible, the Jewish Bronze-Age "Book of Hoaxes!"

TRUTH, NO MATTER HOW WELL HIDDEN, WILL ALWAY OUT!
red blood relative

United States

#2 Feb 6, 2010
after making such a big deal about david, and how he initially slew goliath and then became a mighty warrior, and then king of israel..... i doubt if the bible writers were confused about who slew goliath to the point of slipping up, like you suggest.

if they were liars it would have been much easier to omit that passage, since they made such a big deal about david doing it throughout the bible.

must have been a different goliath.
HooT-n-Howl

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 6, 2010
red blood relative wrote:
after making such a big deal about david, and how he initially slew goliath and then became a mighty warrior, and then king of israel..... i doubt if the bible writers were confused about who slew goliath to the point of slipping up, like you suggest.
if they were liars it would have been much easier to omit that passage, since they made such a big deal about david doing it throughout the bible.
Always Slip-Sliding around, Red Blood.

Well, It figures, coming from YOU!

What's obvious to any sound brain is that
the Bible is packed-full of hoaxes like this one!

Ezra, and his team of hoax-makers, screwed up, big time!

Hey, when you are trying to manufacture a whole
history full of myths and legends to make Israel some
"chosen race" better than any other, and a whole
bunch of enslaved terraphim & ancestral bone jugglers
are hired as scribblers to provide a "book,"
which Ezra can claim that he mysteriously found; (lol)

A book supposedly written and inspired by God,
(Just like the Mormon hoaxer, Joseph Smith claimed!)
Well Hey, they were bound to get some tits caught
in wringers of hustled-up errors by the hundreds.

And, that they did, many, many times,
just like this myth about David and Goliath.

Duck all you want to Red, the shotgun blastings
of the TRUTH will nail your arss every time, as it did here!
red blood relative

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2010
shoot, you missed me satan!!!

if the bible writers were a bunch of liars they would have omitted that detail, since they all knew full well about the account of david and goliath.

ps, who do, who do you think you are foolin,
i'm a consecrated boy, sining in the sunday choir
Reader

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Feb 6, 2010
Unless it never happened. Then, as they were recording the fables from of old, somebody decided to to some revising, but did it incompletely.

Another tick in the realm of inconsistent bible stories.
HooT-n-Howl

Atlanta, GA

#6 Feb 6, 2010
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it never happened. Then, as they were recording the fables from of old, somebody decided to to some revising, but did it incompletely.
Another tick in the realm of inconsistent bible stories.
Hooray for Reader! thanx for covering my sixes!

I'm happy to return the favor. Poor Red Blood;

You shot him down in flames!
red blood relative

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2010
as i fly in the sky with the angels who love jesus, i know that the hebrew scribes knew the accounts of the bible well..... they knew the account about david and goliath.

shoot, even atheists pretending to be satan knew about it.
if they were weaving a tale, like satan and his demons do, they would have just skipped that part.

satan, are you ready for the abyss?
HooT-n-Howl

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 6, 2010
as i fly in the sky with the angels who love jesus, i know that the hebrew scribes knew the accounts of the bible well..... they knew the account about david and goliath.
if they were weaving a tale, like satan and his demons do, they would have just skipped that part.
What does that prove? Sure everyone KNOWS the story,
and you translate that into, "IT'S TRUE!"

So, firing-on-one-cylinder-Red-Blo od, you know the
story of "Peter Pan" and "Little Red (a relative?)
Riding Hood," and you believe their true too, Like "D & G?"

I hope you aren't a detective. The way you weigh evidence,
the criminal could put the gun in someone's face and rob him
right in front of you and you'd swear it wasn't him,
eh there, Lt. Cluseau??

Hey, Reader shot you down. Don't you know when you're dead, Red?

Since: Dec 09

Edinburgh, UK

#9 Feb 6, 2010
It's quite simple to explain - these books have been compiled from several different sources.

The two stories are just two seperate accounts of the same event (mostly mythic) written by two or more seperate authors who wanted to put a different spin on the story.

Look at the stories of Robin Hood and Arthur. It's exactly the same thing.
KKKKADE

Atlanta, GA

#10 Feb 6, 2010
BornAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite simple to explain - these books have been compiled from several different sources.
The two stories are just two seperate accounts of the same event (mostly mythic) written by two or more seperate authors who wanted to put a different spin on the story.
Look at the stories of Robin Hood and Arthur. It's exactly the same thing.
Quite right you are, BA.

The Bible is riddled with inconsistencies because it was founded upon lyings, plagiarisms, and Sumer/Akkadd mythology at its birth.

it's a book bent on manufacturing a phony history for a mickey mouse little nation with a mickey mouse little god. It's, as you suggested, "compiled from different sources." A spaghetti-library of a thousand years of misty-histories and myths ressurected and changed over and over from a thousand mixed-up schrolls, & scraps.

that poupuirri of confused "fact-mixed-with-fiction " was collected together and jammed into Alexandria Egypt sometime in the 3rd century bce; Then some 72 Jewish scribblers with a nationalistic axe to grind, whittled from likely a thousand confused books to a condensation of about 30 books that formed their Midrashayin-codes and Torah, and the many Totem-poled legends.

That collection then was actually subjected to final approval by Gentile King Ptolemy, who sponsored the making of the Hebrew OT. He made it suit his political and religious ambitions over the cries of the Jews. So, much of our OT Bible has been Ptolemyized.

What is most disturbing and revealing of how corrupt the Jewish/Christian Churches and Bible Translators are is the glaring manipulations & fakeries like the following indisputed fact:

"This inconsistency (of the two conflicted Goliath stories) was so obvious to the translators for the King James Bible (or "The Authorized Version") that in an act of dishonest piety they actually rewrote the verse in II Samuel 21:19 to read:

'Elhanan,the son of Joareoregim, the Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite.'"

Hello! The words "the brother of" are not found in the ancient manuscripts. Those unholy words been craftily interpolated covertly by the translators!

And, some 19,000 such errors in the KJV have surfaced to date!
red blood relative

United States

#11 Feb 7, 2010
thank you for kkkeeping the wicked in the darkness, jesus.
Reader

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Feb 7, 2010
thank you for kkkeeping the wicked in the darkness, jesus.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You aren't wicked, just misinformed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another REASON why the NWT is the best Bible ever! 4 min pcll 1,210
Why Do Animals Grow Old and Die? 13 min rsss1 773
Help needed 15 min rsss1 97
Nomi can you answer my question? 22 min frgoad 2
Taoism, Meditation and Jehovah's Witnesses. (Mar '13) 35 min Jimbo 35
Who is Jesus? 57 min curtjester1 121
The Holy Spirit 1 hr curtjester1 77
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 1 hr dee rightful 4,387
WT must pay $4,000 a day. 3 hr Bobby 61
More from around the web