Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3146 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#2051 Jan 22, 2014
I think most of the mohammed story is BS. However, many muslims believe that mohammed screwed a 9 year old and don't have an issue with it. That is incompatible with modern morality.

I do know for sure that the majority of Female Genital Mutilation today is sunni.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read what I wrote ??!!
"thighing" thing never happened ...!!!!
Al khomeini of Iran invented it, if you dont believe me check his book on sex for shias.
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#2052 Jan 22, 2014
You should have replied to the correct post. It's not all about islam (yawn).
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded to some of her previous comments, she sent me like a dozen of taken out of context Hadiths.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#2053 Jan 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear to god its not my method its agreed on by all muslims,…

… you cannot say Islam orders to kill all the unbelievers because this can be disproved by a 5 years old boy as well.
Now after many weeks of discussion we are getting to the point –“some Muslims do what is prohibited or even most of Muslims do what is prohibited.” Thank you for being honest at last. I can’t say it’s the same with all religions because I don’t know all religions but certainly the abrahamic religions seem to engender lies and wrong. And that is for the most part down to teaching and personal interpretation of there god books.

Once again you are excluding individuality, all scholars are individual. They each interpret the books they study in whatever way their upbringing, personal experience, environment, even their mood dictates. You cannot tell me that individual personalities are a cloned set. Sure your god book says do it like Muhammad (not a great staring point for sure), but of course Mohammed’s actions too are open to interpretation.

And you are using what many consider a rapist and child abuser who condoned misogyny, slavery and murder as your role model. True your role model lived a long time ago and civilisation has progressed since then but that is exactly the point, civilisation has progressed since Mohammed was raping children, laughing at the beating of women and telling people that non believers in the Mohammed way should be killed.

Let me say that I am a woman and I do menstruate and it is UP TO ME and MY HUSBAND/PARTNER/LOVER or even casual acquaintance if we so choose whether and when I have sex or not. It is not up to some long dead misogynist and child rapist, an imaginary bronze age god or some scholar with dark age attitudes that I have never even heard of. IT IS MY BODY – NOT YOURS so keep your perverted and archaic fooking religious belief off it. You want to treat your women like sex slaves then that is entirely up to you and the laws of the land you live in but do not ever try imposing that archaic attitude on me.

There are very few proofs or evidences in the quran, there is iron age opinion and guesswork based on bronze age opinion and guesswork. Some few of those opinions do actually makes sense in today’s society, however that some is in the vast minority and most are intolerable in today’s society.

I do not want to remove a persons faith, I just want people to be honest. I have absolutely no tolerance for lies and religion begets lies. Hell your god books teach you to lie about your religion if that lie betters your gods credibility, It is so enshrined in you god books that you even have a name for it. And knowing that you expect people to believe what you say?

There is absolutely no evidence, no proof that you god (or any other god) existed outside the human mind – NONE. You are welcomed so believe in whatever you want to believe in but do not lie about it, tell it as a belief, do not lie by telling it as fact.

Ahh well is you are looking for proof then why bother with the quran? BTW there are many verses in the quran that say kill non belivers/infidels etc… Note the quran contains over 100 verses that call Muslims to war with non believers for the sake of Islamic rule.

And there are verses that state that Muslims who don’t join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and threatened with Allah’s wrath of Hell.

So please do not lie to me. I am not a 5 year old gullible child who believes your LIES.

“Be strong ...”

#2054 Jan 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot remove anyone's faith, because faith is in the heart but there is what is called actions that appear to the public;and there are so many actions that can take you out of Islam, for instance if I saw a Muslim drinking wine I cannot say he is no longer a Muslim but I can say what he doing is a big sin and I am innocent of what he is doing.
But what if that particular Muslim said clearly that he doesn't believe that Allah sent Jesus or there isn't such a thing as the Bible or Torah or took what is known to be prohibited as allowed ..etc; such actions or beliefs take the one's out of Islam, there are some pillars of faith and pillars of Islam and if you lost only one of them you'll no longer be considered as a Muslim.
<quoted text>
we need to explain each Hadith aside, Even hadiths should be taken out of context
here is the full hadith without the narrating chaing
Muslim (4:2127)
"I hear Aisha talking and she said 'shall i inform you of something about me and the prophet?' we said yes' she said When it was my turn for the messenger of Allah alayi salaam to spend the night with me, he put on his upper garment and took of his shoes and put them by his bed, he spread the corner of his lower garment on his bed and then laid down untill he thought that i had gone to slee. He took his upper garment slowly and put on his shoes slowly, and then he opened the door, went out, and closed the door slowly. I covered my head, put on my veil and tightened my lower garment, and then i follow his steps until he reached al Baqee(a graveyard close to the masjid) He stood there for a very long time, and then lifted his hands three times, and then he started to head back, So i started to head back. He hurried up, so i hurried up, He ran, so i ran. He came to the house as i came to the house, however i beat him there, so i entered and as i lay down in bed he entered the house and said'
"Oh Aisha why are you out of breath?"I said it is nothing,
He said"Tell me or the most kind the ever aware will tell me"
I said Messenger of Allah may my father and mother be ranson for you, and then i told him' He said, Was it your shadow that i saw in front of me?
I said "Yes". He struck me on the chest, which hurt me and said:
'Did you think that Allah and his messenger would wrong you?'
"I said Whatever people conceal Allah the mighty and majestic knows, He said
"Yes jibreel came to me when you saw me he called me and hid from you. I responded to his call, but i hid from you. He did not come in because you were not dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep, and I ddid not want to wake you up because i was afraid that you would feel abandoned' He said" Your lord has comanded you to go to go to the inhabitants of al baqee and seek forgiveness ofr them.
'I said, How can i speak to them o messenger of Allah?"
He said,Say Peace be upon the inhabitants of this city from among the believers and the muslims, and may allah have mercy on those who have gone ahead of us and those who will come later, and we shall God willing join you"
Nope, faith is in the mind. The heart is a muscle that pumps blood, it has no conscience, no ,memory no thought.

I repeat, why do you want to remove a person’s faith just because they don’t think as you do? I don’t mean people who out of personal choice choose to renounce their faith, I mean true Muslims who interpret the Quran etc differently than you do.

No you do not need to excuse each Hadith separately. The god books say what the god books say, I am not here to listen to oft repeated excuses

“Be strong ...”

#2055 Jan 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha you only copy and paste some taken out of context and Weak hadiths from the website
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
I think only now you'll see the difference between reliable sources and fake websites which promote nothing but hatred to Islam, its a very big problem if you believe everything you read.
Actually you fool, that discussion was with Thinking about Versailles and I have no need to copy and paste, I have been there several times.

Hey, more guesswork, I have read the babble (several times) and I do not belive a word of it.

“Be strong ...”

#2056 Jan 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded to some of her previous comments, she sent me like a dozen of taken out of context Hadiths.
Nope not false, they actually EXIST hence the reason I provided reference in the form of VERSE numbers.

Why are you now saying that the Hadiths are false?

As to out of context, hell don’t tell me that Islam has borrowed the Christian time machine?

Oh of course it has. Tell me when did Mohammed live? When was the (original) Quran written? When were (the majority of) the Hadiths written? When did your religion begin?

It began long before some of the Hadiths were written. So it seems to me that the Hadith are not as understood by Mohammed but later interpretations.

Time machine required to make your current version of Islam coincide with the Mohammedian version of Islam. Without said time machine you version of Islam is not original, I,e, fake…

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2057 Jan 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I think most of the mohammed story is BS. However, many muslims believe that mohammed screwed a 9 year old and don't have an issue with it. That is incompatible with modern morality.
I do know for sure that the majority of Female Genital Mutilation today is sunni.
<quoted text>
We are sure that Mohammed (PBUH) married Aisha and was physically with her at the age of 9, that is a known fact, we admit it and I never said it’s not true, but the thighing thing never happened.

we are also sure that Aisha was completely a woman at the age of 9, she even delivered Mohammed's son Abdullah who died at a very young age, actually all his male sons died at a very young age, maybe its Allah wisdom because Mohammed is the last prophet and if he had sons; people may consider them as prophets, we don't know.

Why is it that hard to be understood?? Girls reach puberty faster in hot places, some girls in Egypt, Somalia and Sudan reach puberty at the age of 7 or 8, not to mention that lots of girls lose their virginity in western countries at the age of 11 and 12.

We never heard you or Christinm complaining about girls or boys losing their virginity at a very young age...!! or Maybe if a girl lost her virginity for fun it’s okay, but when its marriage it’s a red line that shouldn't be crossed?? I don't understand your logic .
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#2058 Jan 22, 2014
Prove it.

I think people should lose their virginity to those who are not decades older.
Someone who cares.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
...but the thighing thing never happened.

Location hidden

#2059 Jan 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You should have replied to the correct post. It's not all about islam (yawn).
<quoted text>
I clicked the reply button to get the quotations, it seems like i forgot to change the subject, you don't have to make a big deal out of it, please accept my sincere apology for confusing your highness...!!!

“Be strong ...”

#2060 Jan 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
We are sure that Mohammed (PBUH) married Aisha and was physically with her at the age of 9, that is a known fact, we admit it and I never said it’s not true, but the thighing thing never happened.
we are also sure that Aisha was completely a woman at the age of 9, she even delivered Mohammed's son Abdullah who died at a very young age, actually all his male sons died at a very young age, maybe its Allah wisdom because Mohammed is the last prophet and if he had sons; people may consider them as prophets, we don't know.
Why is it that hard to be understood?? Girls reach puberty faster in hot places, some girls in Egypt, Somalia and Sudan reach puberty at the age of 7 or 8, not to mention that lots of girls lose their virginity in western countries at the age of 11 and 12.
We never heard you or Christinm complaining about girls or boys losing their virginity at a very young age...!! or Maybe if a girl lost her virginity for fun it’s okay, but when its marriage it’s a red line that shouldn't be crossed?? I don't understand your logic .
Just because a child (note the word CHILD) is capable of baring children is no reason for some sick old pervert to get all horny and stick her in the pudding club

I may be all fine and dandy for people in your neck of the woods to commit child molestation but please be good enough to keep if for yourselves. It is sick and perverted and you are welcome to it.

Honey you have never asked me about loosing virginity at a very young age so please do not attempt your sloping shoulders BS with deception. Stooping so low is beneath even you.

There is a very good reason for the LEGAL marriage age being set by the “majority” of countries in the world.

And just because it is a warm country does not mean the child is any more ready to be raped
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2061 Jan 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that there was an original Quran ??!
Was there? I don't know because evidence does not suggest that there was. If there was an original Koran, then what happened to it? I can tell you right now that no one has the capacity to explain who wrote the Koran, when it was written, whether it evolved during a particular time period or not, how much of the Koran was actually dictated by Mohammad aka Allah, which verse not meant to be in the Koran was included, what part of the Koran is pre-Mohammad or post-Mohammad, and verses meant for the Koran have been excluded or not. When you have evidence for all these questions, then come back and we'll talk about it but until then, all traditions concerning the canonization and codification of the Koran is hearsay.

Location hidden

#2062 Jan 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Prove it.
I think people should lose their virginity to those who are not decades older.
Someone who cares.
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove it, you get me one Hadith that says Mohammed thighed Aisha or one Sunni scholar says that he did, you probably read some articles written down by perverted Shias scholars, those scholars themselves say its okay to thigh a baby not necessarily your wife, any baby (male or Female).

According to your logic a boy friend may care more about his girlfriend that a husband may care about his wive, you and I know that this is nonsense and unless you really love and care for your wife ; you wouldn't marry her in the first place.

Location hidden

#2063 Jan 22, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there? I don't know because evidence does not suggest that there was. If there was an original Koran, then what happened to it? I can tell you right now that no one has the capacity to explain who wrote the Koran, when it was written, whether it evolved during a particular time period or not, how much of the Koran was actually dictated by Mohammad aka Allah, which verse not meant to be in the Koran was included, what part of the Koran is pre-Mohammad or post-Mohammad, and verses meant for the Koran have been excluded or not. When you have evidence for all these questions, then come back and we'll talk about it but until then, all traditions concerning the canonization and codification of the Koran is hearsay.
then your whole discussion from the very first beginning fails, because you always say how can we be sure that the original Quran was transferred correctly to us, it turned out that you dont believe in Quran, How the hell can I convince you that some Hadiths remained Authentic and was narrated exactly as Mohammed said it ...!!
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#2064 Jan 22, 2014
OK, so you want to blame a different sect of islam for thighing.

But in the real world, the majority of Female Genital Mutilations are sunni.

I note all your language regarding relationships is one way, you seem unable to treat women equally.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove it, you get me one Hadith that says Mohammed thighed Aisha or one Sunni scholar says that he did, you probably read some articles written down by perverted Shias scholars, those scholars themselves say its okay to thigh a baby not necessarily your wife, any baby (male or Female).
According to your logic a boy friend may care more about his girlfriend that a husband may care about his wive, you and I know that this is nonsense and unless you really love and care for your wife ; you wouldn't marry her in the first place.

Location hidden

#2065 Jan 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
OK, so you want to blame a different sect of islam for thighing.
But in the real world, the majority of Female Genital Mutilations are sunni.
I note all your language regarding relationships is one way, you seem unable to treat women equally.
<quoted text>
its not a matter of blame, its more like a matter of who can prove and back up or support his fatwas.

you are an expert in changing subjects, whenever you are trapped in the corner you go back for throwing accusations at me.
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#2066 Jan 22, 2014
I don't much care about your history because it was written by liars. Who knows how many children mohammed abused?

But in the real world, today, the majority of Female Genital Mutilation victims are sunni children. Doesn't that upset you?
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
its not a matter of blame, its more like a matter of who can prove and back up or support his fatwas.
you are an expert in changing subjects, whenever you are trapped in the corner you go back for throwing accusations at me.

Location hidden

#2067 Jan 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you do not need to excuse each Hadith separately. The god books say what the god books say, I am not here to listen to oft repeated excuses
you Shouldn't give false information on a public thread,
you claimed that these Hadiths show how Islam mistreat women.

"Bukhari (72:715)
Muslim (4:2127)-- BTW I can advise that a woman being struck in the chest is probably on a par with you being struck in the balls but the pain lasts MUCH longer.
Muslim (9:3506)
Abu Dawud (2126)
Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 969
In Kash-shaf (the revealer) of al-Zamkhshari (Vol. 1, p. 525)-[Muhammad said] "Hang up your scourge where your wife can see"

and at the same time you don't want me to explain any of them, not to mention that some of the above Hadiths are considered to be weak.

you are not giving me the chance to move on for proving the existence of God by proving that the Quran cannot be a word of a man , you've been jumping from a subject to another.

besides we are only exchanging some thoughts and beliefs; you are taking it too seriously.

Location hidden

#2068 Jan 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I don't much care about your history because it was written by liars. Who knows how many children mohammed abused?
But in the real world, today, the majority of Female Genital Mutilation victims are sunni children. Doesn't that upset you?
<quoted text>
So you are nearly saying that anyone can accuse anyone of doing anything with no proofs, then how do we know that you don't abuse children ??
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#2069 Jan 22, 2014
I would never abuse a child but I can't prove you wouldn't.

You'll do anything rather than admit the majority of Female Genital Mutilation victims are sunni children.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are nearly saying that anyone can accuse anyone of doing anything with no proofs, then how do we know that you don't abuse children ??

Location hidden

#2070 Jan 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I would never abuse a child but I can't prove you wouldn't.
You'll do anything rather than admit the majority of Female Genital Mutilation victims are sunni children.
<quoted text>
I am not convinced that you are not a child abuser, and for female circumcision you can check this Fatwa on Islamweb
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php...

Whatever crosses your mind you'll find a decent answer on Islamweb.net , its organized and tells you everything with proofs and the opinions of scholars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 15 min Rasputin 523,965
Who said that? 8 hr USAsux 4
Child Molester Statistics (Feb '10) 8 hr Khan 21
Muslims not allowed wearing Underwear during Hajj. (Mar '16) Fri islam is filth 14
News no Fri Benjamin 15
Kaaba, a Hindu Temple Stolen by Muslims Thu islam is filth 2
News Clearing Up the Misconceptions About Islam Thu J_a_n 41
More from around the web