I Care

Pittsfield, MA

#1 Jul 30, 2012
A fitting tune for the world today.
iluvmusic

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Jul 30, 2012
One Tin Soldier...

"One Tin Soldier" is a 60s era anti-war song written by Dennis Lambert and Brian Potter. The Canadian pop group Original Caste first recorded the song in 1969. The track briefly reached limited popularity locally and reached Number 34 on the American pop charts in early 1970.

"One Tin Soldier" tells the abstract story of a hidden treasure and two neighboring peoples, the Mountain People and the Valley People. The Valley People are aware of a treasure on the mountain, buried under a stone; they send a message to the Mountain People demanding those riches. When told they can share the treasure, the Valley People instead decided to take it all by force. After killing all the Mountain People, the victors move the stone and find nothing more than a simple message: "Peace on Earth." Ironically, the valley people destroyed the treasure in pursuit of it.
I Care

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Jul 30, 2012
Eve of Destruction
&fe ature=related
Ball Of Confusion
This song is as relevant today as it was over 40 years ago when it first appeared on the charts for the Temptations. This world is truly a Ball Of Confusio
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
War
1970 Motown Time Capsule
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 30, 2012
Yup. People are influenced for good or bad. And in order to do good, people must be convinced that it is the right thing in God's eyes. Some people think they are doing good, yet call it bad, and the other way around (bad is good). This is also an interesting video which was referenced by another poster.
Just fabulous, really gets the point home.
I Care

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Jul 30, 2012
link error N/Q

Location hidden

#7 Jul 30, 2012
I'll try to get a better link to it, Timesten.

Location hidden

#8 Jul 30, 2012
I Care

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Jul 30, 2012
Great vid N/Q....

If everyone cared about everything?

I think that a major problem that isn't being addressed is the fact that people have this attitude where "if it's not happening to me, then I don't have to care." and personally, I find that disgusting.

So, what would happen if everyone lost some of their apathy and gained some sympathy? Is this even possible and or plausible?

Location hidden

#10 Jul 30, 2012
I Care wrote:
Great vid N/Q....
If everyone cared about everything?
I think that a major problem that isn't being addressed is the fact that people have this attitude where "if it's not happening to me, then I don't have to care." and personally, I find that disgusting.
So, what would happen if everyone lost some of their apathy and gained some sympathy? Is this even possible and or plausible?
It's possible, but not likely. Why?(Hint, hint) The flood of Noah's time, and the warnings given time and again to people, including what was considered as "God's people," in the books.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#11 Jul 31, 2012
Agreed N/Q

Location hidden

#12 Jul 31, 2012
Timesten wrote:
Agreed N/Q
:-) Let's just pray that we can be pleasing to God.

#13 Aug 1, 2012
There are homeless in our own cities and we don't need to go to foriegn countries to find people who need our help in killing them

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TO0...

Location hidden

#14 Aug 1, 2012
Timesten wrote:
There are homeless in our own cities and we don't need to go to foriegn countries to find people who need our help in killing them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hM3OJOXFM6kXX
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TO0...
I always wonder about that, esp. when I hear that a satellite was sent to explore Mars at a tune of many billions of dollars. Of course, the problem is that if wonderful places are built for the homeless, will they stop immoral ways? Jesus prayed, "Let your kingdom come," LORD. Let YOUR will be done on the earth. Now they're talking about getting more help for the "mentally ill," as in the case of the mass movie theater shooting. And then the guy that was stopped for a traffic ticket and used a repeater gun to shoot at the officer and his dog.

#15 Aug 2, 2012
The I care Movement...
A new way to show support when 'Like' isn't the right word.
http://www.icare-movement.com/

#16 Aug 2, 2012
Nq/w...
"Of course, the problem is that if wonderful places are built for the homeless, will they stop immoral ways?"
I/w..
No, because immorality also exists in Heaven according to Revelations,("And the angels fought and 1/3 of the host of heaven was cast out, with the Red Dragon, for disobedience), so it will always be on earth, but it will decrease the amount of people that it holds within its binds. If dire poor people don't have the pressures and weight of living in 'nothinglessville daily', upon their shoulders, then much of the crime and hate would subside.

#18 Aug 4, 2012
Who Cares About the Poor?
Romney’s newest gaffe isn’t just another blunder. It’s the beginning of a race over who is most out of touch.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

Location hidden

#19 Aug 4, 2012
Timesten wrote:
Nq/w...
"Of course, the problem is that if wonderful places are built for the homeless, will they stop immoral ways?"
I/w..
No, because immorality also exists in Heaven according to Revelations,("And the angels fought and 1/3 of the host of heaven was cast out, with the Red Dragon, for disobedience), so it will always be on earth,
Towards the very end of Revelation (chapter 21, verses 1-5) it speaks of new heavens and a new earth, in which there will be no more death, no more sorrow. Notice:

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,“Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

(So the "old order" of things will have passed away. Jesus prayed, "Let your kingdom come..." And it will.)
Timesten wrote:
but it will decrease the amount of people that it holds within its binds. If dire poor people don't have the pressures and weight of living in 'nothinglessville daily', upon their shoulders, then much of the crime and hate would subside.
I do agree with you, that things could be better right now, I was thinking how easy it would be for governments to put their money to helping the homeless with nice buildings (why not?), but just like every possible government by man has been tried on the face of the earth, nothing worked to ensure peace and harmony for everyone. But it will come. Here you have an idealist like Chomsky, and few even pay attention.

#20 Aug 4, 2012
"I did not come to bring peace to the earth"..
Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth?... Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell,Not at all, I tell you, but rather division!
https://www.google.com/search...
Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.(Matthew 10:34–39
49 I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.(Luke 12:49–53)
If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.(Luke 14:26)

#21 Aug 4, 2012
Who Cares about Elderly People?
Who cares about the elderly?

Location hidden

#22 Aug 5, 2012
Timesten wrote:
"I did not come to bring peace to the earth"..
Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth?... Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell,Not at all, I tell you, but rather division!
Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.(Matthew 10:34–39
49 I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.(Luke 12:49–53)
If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.(Luke 14:26)
Thank you for those scriptures, because they help to explain why the Jews reject Jesus as Messiah, thinking he came to bring peace the first time he came. And he explained that he will come again, but not as most assume how that will occur, since the Jews think the Messiah must bring peace the first time he appears. However, Revelation 21 is portraying the ultimate future of the heavens and the earth, when death and the influence of Satan will be no more because only those who truly listen to God will be around, therefore no harm whatsoever will be done to anyone else. And Jesus said he would come again in a different manner.

Proverbs 1:33 - "But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm." Romans 15:33 - "Now may the God who grants peace be with all of you! Amen." John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Happened To All The Europeans? 4 min Faith 4
Impeach Donald Trump 25 min Faith 82
DID MOHAMMED HAD A MALE LOVER? evidence here (Sep '07) 26 min Faith 108
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 41 min Faith 512,650
Santa Barbara Masjid burned down. 57 min Faith Michigan 7
News Canadian Anti-Muslim Protesters Could Face Hate... 1 hr Faith Michigan 4
Is koran the literal word of god Bannon thread 2 hr Faith Michigan 21
More from around the web