Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#187890 Sep 7, 2013
The difference between the respective renditions of Isaiah 9:6[7] is more subtle.
This subtlety goes hand-in-hand with the changes
made in 9:5(6), the aim of which is to shift the focus of this verse.
Namely, attention is diverted from an individual the Prophet had in mind in Isaiah 9:5[6], the one who will eventually become a righteous and successful King of Judah sitting on the throne of David, to Christianity’s lord and savior.
As a direct continuation from the previous
verse, the Hebrew text of Isaiah 9:6
and its Jewish rendition in English start out with the explanation of that rather lengthy and complex name/title given to the child. The text indicates that God will help create these conditions for the
child being spoken of in Isaiah 9:5[6]
– the future king in the line of King David.
If Isaiah 9:5[6] were about God, then the statement, " for the increase of the
authority and for peace without end, on David's throne and on his kingdom", in Isaiah
9:6[7] would be tantamount to placing God "in a box", i.e., this would be equivalent to severely restricting God!!!!!!!
This phrase describes the reign of a successful king, such as King Solomon, whose reign was described in similar terms elsewhere in the Hebrew Bible:1Kings 2:12 - And Solomon sat on the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was firmly established.
Contrast this with Isaiah's vision of God three chapters before Isaiah 9:5-6[6-7], which is in sharp contrast to that of a mortal monarch:
Isaiah 6:1 - In the year of the death of King Uzziah, I also saw the Lord sitting upon a high and exalted throne; and His lower extremities filled the Temple.
If that child in Isaiah 9:5[6] eventually became the ruler only of David's kingdom and nothing more, would it not be presumptuous to attribute divinity to someone whose rule did not exceed that of flesh and blood?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187891 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
1st 2nd or even 3rd adam....he was/is a human being linked to this tiny planet.
Do NOT compared the puny man with GOD.
My apologies for saying this, bro, but this second Adam or the last Adam is Bull Shit.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187892 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad faced very little persecution. The worst someone did was to throw some rocks at him. Every time he got in trouble for insulting them his powerful uncle always got him out of trouble. The worst they did to him was to finally kick him out because they were sick and tired of him. They crucified Jesus. And even if you believe they failed, they still tried to.

So I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about. But Muhammad sure ended up persecuting them far more than they persecuted him in the end. He killed them. They didn't even kill Muhammad when he was weak and they could have. But when Muhammad was strong, he killed them.
To have an idea, please read my post again.

" Jesus with his few disciples was free to roam and lecture. Nobody attacked him or persecuted or tortured him and his colleagues. The place was quite peaceful. He was not sent to pagans.

If he had been sent to pagans, he would have lost his head within a few days after getting baptized by John.

You cannot compare Jesus with Muhammad. Jesus and his people were docile under the Roman occupation and there were no warring Jews. Jesus lived among believers of God and yet he failed to get any recognition.

Jesus did not face even a fraction of the hardships, opposition and persecution, which Muhammad faced."

The crucifixion, which has become an article of faith in Christianity, is a hoax. You know that and I know that.

If it were true, there would have been thousands of Jewish, Canaanite, Samariatan, Greek, Arabic, Indian, Sumerian, Galilean and Roman ahaadith (tales), not just four gospels.

There is nothing.

I have already shown that had he really been dead and had he really been resurrected, the man would have come out in the open and would have shown himself to his killers.

Do you think that remaining in hiding was also part of a plan? lol!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187894 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
How man y Tanach's has this poor deranged person perused?
Take this hint will you?
The books belong to the Jews.
Why don't you learn the English language properly? For God's sake, you live in the UK. I could excuse BMZ but not you. And he knows English better than YOU do. So what does that say? HAS BEEN and IS often mean the same exact thing. It's just two different ways of putting it. Saying at the end of a game that team xyz has been defeated and team xyz is defeated means the same exact thing you ignorant retard. And again, you live in the UK, so you have no excuse for your ignorance other than calling you the stupid moron that you actually are.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187895 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it the first time. Why don't you read my response a second time? It won't change. I understood exactly what you said. Do you understand what I said?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187896 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
it says in TheTorah, that Adam was also put to death, and returned as adam and his mate.
Where does it say that he was put to death and then returned? Quote the exact verse.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
so what if this Majestic Plural IMAGE of G-D, is given to the one you call jesus christ.
Majestic plural is when one King refers to himself as we. Haven't you ever heard of that?
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
are you fighting against the divinity, of your own alleged as savior?
I just don't think that that one particular verse was talking about Jesus.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
gees! and you call yourself, a christian? do us all a favor, quit pretending you are a christian.
for crying out loud, what i have been saying. actually supports christians claims of their messiah being really, really, really divine.
And why would you do that when you don't even believe that? Look at how dishonest you are. First you lie about people seeing you glowing blue and saying I want what you have. Now you lie about this. Do you think that God likes liars? How could you possibly think that? And yet that is what you are willing to do in your desperation.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187897 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews extend full respect to Moses and hold him in high esteem. They do not admit it as violence and do not say that it was God's will. You are expressing a Christian apologist's view, which falls under double standards.
The rest of your silly remarks carry no weight.
Great show me the Jewish justification where they call Moses a kind and gentle man. The Jews don't lie about their religion like Muslims do.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187898 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
The difference between the respective renditions of Isaiah 9:6[7] is more subtle.
This subtlety goes hand-in-hand with the changes
made in 9:5(6), the aim of which is to shift the focus of this verse.
Namely, attention is diverted from an individual the Prophet had in mind in Isaiah 9:5[6], the one who will eventually become a righteous and successful King of Judah sitting on the throne of David, to Christianity’s lord and savior.
As a direct continuation from the previous
verse, the Hebrew text of Isaiah 9:6
You still haven't even linked your sources. It's not hard to do that.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187899 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
" Jesus with his few disciples was free to roam and lecture. Nobody attacked him or persecuted or tortured him and his colleagues. The place was quite peaceful. He was not sent to pagans.
If he had been sent to pagans, he would have lost his head within a few days after getting baptized by John.
You cannot compare Jesus with Muhammad. Jesus and his people were docile under the Roman occupation and there were no warring Jews. Jesus lived among believers of God and yet he failed to get any recognition.
Jesus did not face even a fraction of the hardships, opposition and persecution, which Muhammad faced."
The crucifixion, which has become an article of faith in Christianity, is a hoax. You know that and I know that.
If it were true, there would have been thousands of Jewish, Canaanite, Samariatan, Greek, Arabic, Indian, Sumerian, Galilean and Roman ahaadith (tales), not just four gospels.
There is nothing.
I have already shown that had he really been dead and had he really been resurrected, the man would have come out in the open and would have shown himself to his killers.
Do you think that remaining in hiding was also part of a plan? lol!
LMAO!
Your mind is insane!
You are dictating to God as how God should do things to please you.

You are an narcissist just like your insane prophet Muhammad.

The New Testament Bible is Gods plan of salvation of how He wants things done.

Like Muhammad, Muslims are rebelling against God.
All the evidence of Muslims rebelling against God is in the teaching of Muhammad that Muslims follow.

Why would God follow Muhammad's teaching?
The Quran is Muhammad dictating to God!

Jesus explained exactly what we must do to be acceptable to God, and be received into Gods family as children of God and into Gods Kingdom.

Muhammad taught Muslim how to be acceptable to Muhammad in Muhammad's rebelling against God.

Muslims are too ignorant in their understanding if God.
Muhammad won converts to his religion by intimidating people by using evil as a force to control his followers.

Muslims are still being controlled by the evil force of Muhammad's demands dictated in the Quran.

God wins people to Him by His truth that evil destroys the mind and soul of those who commit evil.

Muhammad's teaching in the Quran destroys the mind and soul of Muslims, and promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.

Muhammad's teaching of Jihad in the Quran destroys the mind and soul of all Muslims!

In Muhammad's teachings there is no rational or logical way to come to the understanding of Good and evil, right or wrong.
Muhammad did not set an example to Muslims to know the difference between good and evil right and wrong, and how evil destroy the mind and soul of those that commit evil!

Location hidden

#187900 Sep 7, 2013
The mind of Muslims are filled with insanity!

Muhammad dictated to God as how God should do things to please Muhammad.

Muslims are an narcissist just like their insane prophet Muhammad.

The New Testament Bible is Gods plan of salvation of how He wants things done.

Like Muhammad did, All Muslims are rebelling against God.

All the evidence of Muslims rebelling against God is in the teaching of Muhammad that Muslims follow.

Why would God follow Muhammad's teaching?
When Muhammad's teachings destroy the mind and soul of Muslims

The Quran is Muhammad dictating to God!

Jesus explained exactly what we must do to be acceptable to God, and be received into Gods family as children of God and into Gods Kingdom.

Muhammad taught Muslim how to be acceptable to Muhammad in Muhammad's rebelling against God.

Muslims are too ignorant in their understanding of God.

Muhammad won converts to his religion by intimidating people by using evil as a force to control his followers.

Muslims are still being controlled by the evil force of Muhammad's demands dictated in the Quran.

God wins people to Him by His truth that evil destroys the mind and soul of those who commit evil.

Muhammad's teaching in the Quran destroys the mind and soul of Muslims, and promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.

Muhammad's teaching of Jihad in the Quran destroys the mind and soul of all Muslims!

In Muhammad's teachings there is no rational or logical way to come to the understanding of Good and evil, right or wrong.

Muhammad did not set an example to Muslims to know the difference between good and evil right and wrong, and how evil destroys the mind and soul of those that commit evil!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187901 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
I have just given you two main verses showing the 5 prayers.
Try to read and understand. No Bulverism, please.
The Jews WERE NEVER promised a Messiah in the Torah. Even God never never spoke the word Messiah in the Torah.
The word "Messiah" wasn't used, it simply means "anointed one" but there was a chosen one promised in the beginning (Genesis 3:15) and Genesis 49:24 speaking of Joseph, "from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel". There are a lot of scriptures that refer to the promised one as a Rock or stone. Job is also a very early book and chapter 19:25, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth". It has always been Gods intent to live on the earth, that was the purpose of the Tabernacle and then the Temple.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187902 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for saying this, bro, but this second Adam or the last Adam is Bull Shit.
Salaams
BMZ
Jesus was the seed of Adam or the "second" Adam. Genesis 3:15. Satan appeared to him and commissioned him to finish his work. Christians believe his lie in the Garden of Eden, You can disobey God and you won't die. Ezekiel 13:22 "Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way by promising him life". Christianity is the source of all the evil in the world and their god is dead.

Location hidden

#187903 Sep 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was the seed of Adam or the "second" Adam. Genesis 3:15. Satan appeared to him and commissioned him to finish his work. Christians believe his lie in the Garden of Eden, You can disobey God and you won't die. Ezekiel 13:22 "Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way by promising him life". Christianity is the source of all the evil in the world and their god is dead.
What is the name of the comic book you are posting from?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187904 Sep 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What is the name of the comic book you are posting from?
Shamma digested. I set the toilets on fire.

Location hidden

#187905 Sep 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Shamma digested. I set the toilets on fire.
So got a hot ass?
Not interested in you or your "HOT Ass".
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187906 Sep 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>So got a hot ass?
Not interested in you or your "HOT Ass".
You asked for it and started it. What did you expect? The "fire" was a quote from the flying roll (Zechariah 5) my childhood diary.

Location hidden

#187907 Sep 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You asked for it and started it. What did you expect? The "fire" was a quote from the flying roll (Zechariah 5) my childhood diary.
YOU need to grow out of your child hood days.
You are spiritually illiterate.
Death is the separation from God.
God is life and the giver of life.
Being separated from God is spiritual death.
You are are alone to suffer the pain f hell.
Jesus died on the cross was separated from God, and rose from the dead so that you may have life in Christ Jesus, the giver of life.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187908 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say that he was put to death and then returned? Quote the exact verse.
<quoted text>
Majestic plural is when one King refers to himself as we. Haven't you ever heard of that?
<quoted text>
I just don't think that that one particular verse was talking about Jesus.
<quoted text>
And why would you do that when you don't even believe that? Look at how dishonest you are. First you lie about people seeing you glowing blue and saying I want what you have. Now you lie about this. Do you think that God likes liars? How could you possibly think that? And yet that is what you are willing to do in your desperation.
rabbee: can i believe you are that stupid about, G-D putting Adam into a deep deep sleep? yes i, can. can i believe that you are that ignorant, of G-D returning Adam as adam and his mate? yes i, can. and the royal We is not the same, as the Magestic WE.

and G-D has Adam put to death, and what happened to your alleged as jesus? Who G-D, had put to death?

this is not a matter of what i believe, this is a matter of what G-
D came and said to me. who is the one being dishonest to G-D, here in HaTorah today?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#187909 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
And MUQ, here is the funniest part, You desperately need Muhammad to be prophecized in a book that you are supposed to think is corrupted and not to be trusted. So your logic fails right from the very beginning. You aren't even supposed to care about anything the OT says. So you throw it in the trashcan and then pull it back out again, only if and when you think it will suit your needs. And it STILL doesn't suit your needs. You might as well leave it in the trashcan where you are told to leave it. I can never seem to get any consistency in the logic of Muslims. It's like they don't even know what the word consistency even means. They change the rules as they see fit when they see fit and change them back again when they see fit. Hasn't anybody ever told you the logical fallacy of such self serving behavior?
Ans.

Now you are trying "another tactic" my dear Brother!!

We never sat that Entire OT and NT books are corrupted and there is no word of it which is reliable.

So the parts we are quoting from, might not be the one that have not been corrupted.

I can see that now you are in "defeatist mode" and trying to clutch at straws.

That was a nice attempt my dear brother, a real nice one, but your bluff is called off!!

Try and invent a new technique!!

No one can stand before you, Bullshit!!

PS:

1. Our reasonable, logical and correct position regarding OT and NT books is that

"If they confirm what is in Quran, then MOST PROBABLY that part is OK"

"If they contradict what is in Quran, and there is no way there can be any reconciliation then MOST CERTAINLY that part is corrupted"

"If Quran is silent about any portion, then we also keep silent"

Not because we are biased against these books, but because we are not sure about their authorship and how they were preserved and transmitted while Quran is 100 % word of God and it is preserved in its original condition and its original language.

2. About Figures, I will give you, once we are thru with our discussion, Inshallah, i.e. God Willing
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#187910 Sep 7, 2013
Mr. Seeker

Here is my Fourth input from OT books and it is once again from the book of Psalms

Fourth Prophesy: It is recorded in the Psalm 45:

“My heart is moved by an exalted theme and I deliver my ode to the king, my tongue is as nimble as a pen”

“You are the finest among all others, your lips are anointed with graciousness and God has blessed you forever”

“Gird your sword upon your thigh, O Mighty one, array yourself with splendor and majesty”

“Glorious and triumphant, ride on for the sake of truth, for a just cause, you will see marvellous deeds on your right hand”

“Your arrows are sharp, O king, they pierce the hearts of your enemies, nation falls beneath your feet”

“Your throne, O God will last forever a scepter of justice is your scepter”

“You love righteousness and hate wickedness, therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness, above your fellow kings”

“Your robes are fragrant with myrrh, aloes and cassia, the music of strings gladdens your palace adorned and glowing with ivory”

“among your ladies of honor are daughters of kings, at your right hand, in gold of Ophir, stands the queen”

“Listen O daughter, pat attention; forget your father’s house and your nation….enter the palace of kings”

“Forget your father and think of your sons, you will make them princes through out the land”

“I will make your name famous through all generations’ may all nations praise you forever”(Psalms, 45 V 1-17)

Mr. Seeker

Have you any Idea any person who fulfills these qualities mentioned in this prophesy?

This is a powerful prophesy about a great person who shall come after David. It is too early to say that it is for Solomon, who was the son of David!

The qualities of that great person shall be:

1. He will be very beautiful
2. He will be best amongst all humans .

3. His lips shall flow with grace, and he will be blessed .

4. He will gird the sword, and he will be powerful .

5. He will support truth, justice and he will hold the banner of truth .

6. Truth will triumph on his hands in strange ways .

7. Nations shall fall under his feet .

8. Daughters of kings shall be his wives .

9. Rich of nations shall be his follower's.

10. His name shall be praised generations after generations by nations of the world .

Each and every one of these qualities is found to the utmost degree in our prophet Mohammad (peace be on him).

What a coincidence that our Prophet is named Mohammad, which means "The Praised one" !!

So his name is praised from Generations after Generations as mentioned in the last verse of this prophesy.

Jesus does not fulfill most of these qualities. So this prophesy cannot be cut and pasted easily on Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min DaniEl 523,835
News Clearing Up the Misconceptions About Islam 48 min J_a_n 41
Child Molester Statistics (Feb '10) 2 hr Khan 19
Harvard recognizes Islam 4 hr islam is filth 29
Islam can never be exterminated 4 hr islam is filth 45
Trump will soon be behind bars 6 hr Amp Man 9
Islam is the last hope of humanity (Apr '17) 22 hr J_a_n 47
More from around the web