Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256344 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#186980 Aug 28, 2013
There is no mediator between God and mankind. You MUST approach God directly.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186981 Aug 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/05/jerem...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/05/17/ch...
“Church is not their thing. It was never their thing,” Wright says of Barack and Michelle Obama.“She was not the kind of black woman whose momma made her go to church, made her go to Sunday school…so the church was not an integral part of their lives before they got married — after they got married.”
After Wright made these comments, Klein said,“But the church was an integral part of his politics…because he needed that base.” Wright agreed with this statement, at one point saying “correct.”
http://shoebat.com/2012/05/15/alleged-new-rec...
"…the Reverend Wright told me on tape, that Obama came to him and said,‘I need some spiritual advice; I don’t know exactly who I am’ and the Reverend Wright said…‘Well we know your Islam background… but what you need now, is some coaching on Christianity.’ And I asked the Reverend Wright ‘did you convert him from being a Muslim to being a Christian and he said,‘well, I don’t know if I could go that far but… I made it comfortable for him to accept Christianity without having to renounce his Islamic background."
Seeker the maniacal racist liar is back!

Is Jesus "the only begotten son of god" or "the only begotten son of god the father"
Alex WM

London, UK

#186982 Aug 28, 2013
Sarah ___ wrote:
Jesus is and was not God
Mark 10:18
Why do you call me good? No one is good, except God alone.
Hello Sarah thank you for the post.
What is even more important is Mark 10:17 and 10:20, where the person concerned admits Jesus is not God by calling him simply "teacher" instead of "good teacher".
Notice also that the disciples didn't jump in to say "oh yes, Jesus is god"!
Alex WM

London, UK

#186983 Aug 28, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You don't know the Bible, BMZ.
Hello Bryan!
Paul and Jesus don't know the "Bible" you are referring to because Matt Mark Luke and John appeared after Jesus and Paul disappeared!
At-least Paul appears to have personally contributed to a "few" pages of NT while Jesus is not even aware of NT or what it contains.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#186984 Aug 28, 2013
Sarah ___ wrote:
Yes that is true!
Muslims go directly to hell.
They reject Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Muslims die in their sins.

Jesus said:
John 8:24
King James Version.
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Location hidden

#186985 Aug 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Sarah thank you for the post.
What is even more important is Mark 10:17 and 10:20, where the person concerned admits Jesus is not God by calling him simply "teacher" instead of "good teacher".
Notice also that the disciples didn't jump in to say "oh yes, Jesus is god"!
Yes that is true!

Jesus said:
King James Version.
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Location hidden

#186986 Aug 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker the maniacal racist liar is back!
Is Jesus "the only begotten son of god" or "the only begotten son of god the father"
The words only begotten Son of God applies to The Spirit of Jesus who co-existed in Spirit substance of God before the world existed.

John 17:4-5
English Standard Version (ESV)
Jesus said:
4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

At the incarnation of Jesus His pr-existing spirit took on flesh from the Blessed Virgin Mary by the power of God.

‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; pertaining to a miracle God will perform on the Spirit of Jesus by uniting the nature of God with human flesh within the womb of Mary the Virgin.

There was no sexual relations between God and Mary, Jesus Spirit pr-existed before the world existed.

Luke 1:26-35
And the angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end.’ And Mary said to the angel,‘How shall this be, since I have no husband?’ And the angel said to her,‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.’" Luke 1:26-35

Jesus is called the Son of God because His Spirit was united with human flesh from Mary the Virgin by the power of God.

Location hidden

#186987 Aug 28, 2013
Sarah ___ wrote:
Jesus is and was not God
Mark 10:18
Why do you call me good? No one is good, except God alone.
Matthew 24:36
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
The words only begotten Son of God applies to The Spirit of Jesus who co-existed in Spirit substance of God before the world existed.

Jesus said:
4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

At the incarnation of Jesus His pr-existing spirit took on flesh from the Blessed Virgin Mary by the power of God.

‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; pertaining to a miracle God will perform on the Spirit of Jesus by uniting the nature of God with human flesh within the womb of Mary the Virgin.

There was no sexual relations between God and Mary, Jesus Spirit pr-existed before the world existed.

And the angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end.’ And Mary said to the angel,‘How shall this be, since I have no husband?’ And the angel said to her,‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.’" Luke 1:26-35

Jesus is called the Son of God because His Spirit was united with human flesh from Mary the Virgin by the power of God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#186988 Aug 28, 2013
Sarah ___ wrote:
Correct!

Welcome, Sarah

Location hidden

#186989 Aug 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, Bryant but you don't.
And you are not alone in this. Many Christians just do not have brains to understand the simple tales and narrations in the Christian Bible.
Yes that is true!

Jesus said:
King James Version.
bmz

Location hidden

#186990 Aug 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that is true!
Jesus said:
King James Version.
When Jesus said, "that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.", what was this 'I am he' supposed to be?

Messiah or Son of God or God or some other creature? That was his three word response most of the time.

When the woman at the well told him she was waiting for the Messiah, he said the same damn thing 'I am he'.

So, his 'I am he' was nothing but simply 'I am the Messiah' but he could not dare open his mouth openly and say "I am the Messiah."

And there was no sin if people did not believe that he was the Messiah. Why the bloody sin should be so important?

Nothing but foolish linguistic gymnastics by John.
bmz

Location hidden

#186991 Aug 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The words only begotten Son of God applies to The Spirit of Jesus who co-existed in Spirit substance of God before the world existed.
Jesus said:
Spam and extremely boring.

Y A W N
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186992 Aug 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bryant,
Did you really read what I wrote? Did you really understand what I wrote?
I had written this:
"They can't, bro and they can never do that, because Jesus introduced God as, "My Father" and "Your Father".
Jesus never called God, "My father".
Salaams
BMZ"
And the main point was "Jesus never called God, "My father"."
So, why are you quoting me "my Father" verses??????????
Do you see a difference between "my Father" and "my father"?
Let me re-write all the 'my Father' verses. Can you notice the changes that I have made?
If you see no changes, then you are "Letter Blind". lol!
Matthew 7:21
[ True and False Disciples ]“Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:20-22 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Matthew 10:32
“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my father in heaven.
Matthew 10:33
But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my father in heaven.
Matthew 11:27
“All things have been committed to me by my father. No one knows the Son except the father, and no one knows the father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
You said that Jesus never called God "my Father" and he did.

In regard to "My Father and your Father", you are misinterpreting what Jesus is saying. Did He say "our" father? No.

It is to be noted that when Jesus said `I am ascending to My Father and your Father and to My God and to your God', He did not to say `I am ascending to our Father and our God.' Jesus had to make the distinction between My Father and your Father and My God and your God.

It is also to be noted that in Jesus' statement we see the two natures of Christ. The statement, "My Father", points to the divine nature of Christ. When Jesus healed the man who was paralysed for 38 years the Jews objected to the healing because it took place on the Sabbath.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them,`My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.' Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.(John 5:16-18)

The Jews understood the statement `My Father' as a claim to divinity. Had the Lord Jesus said `Our Father has been working' there would have been no problem. However, Jesus intentionally made the distinction as He did in John 20:17.

When Jesus said,`My Father ', there was the reference to the divine nature in Him. When He said,`your Father', it was because they were adopted as children due to His work of redemption. When Jesus said,`My God', there was the reference to His human nature which He acquired through the incarnation. When He said,`Your God', it was because they were His creatures. Thus the one who is a Son by nature becomes a slave by the incarnation, in order that those who are slaves by nature become sons by adoption.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186993 Aug 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just addressed his post.
Bryant is unable to understand the difference between 'my Father' and 'my father'.
Can you help him out or like Bryant, you too see no difference at all?
Already addressed and it is YOU who does not understand.

In regard to "My Father and your Father", you are misinterpreting what Jesus is saying. Did He say "our" father? No.

It is to be noted that when Jesus said `I am ascending to My Father and your Father and to My God and to your God', He did not to say `I am ascending to our Father and our God.' Jesus had to make the distinction between My Father and your Father and My God and your God.

It is also to be noted that in Jesus' statement we see the two natures of Christ. The statement, "My Father", points to the divine nature of Christ. When Jesus healed the man who was paralysed for 38 years the Jews objected to the healing because it took place on the Sabbath.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them,`My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.' Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.(John 5:16-18)

The Jews understood the statement `My Father' as a claim to divinity. Had the Lord Jesus said `Our Father has been working' there would have been no problem. However, Jesus intentionally made the distinction as He did in John 20:17.

When Jesus said,`My Father ', there was the reference to the divine nature in Him. When He said,`your Father', it was because they were adopted as children due to His work of redemption. When Jesus said,`My God', there was the reference to His human nature which He acquired through the incarnation. When He said,`Your God', it was because they were His creatures. Thus the one who is a Son by nature becomes a slave by the incarnation, in order that those who are slaves by nature become sons by adoption.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186994 Aug 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, Bryant but you don't.
And you are not alone in this. Many Christians just do not have brains to understand the simple tales and narrations in the Christian Bible.
You have proven beyond a doubt that you do not understand the NT. You couldn't even interpret the parable about the 10 talents.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#186995 Aug 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The words only begotten Son of God applies to The Spirit of Jesus who co-existed in Spirit substance of God before the world existed.
Jesus said:
One problem with that is the fact that Jesus was not a descendant of David, if Joseph was not his father. His lineage back to David is traced thru Joseph. Even if Joseph was his father, he cannot inherit the throne because he is descended from Jeconiah and God said none of his seed would reign. Jeremiah 22:30. Mary was a Levite. You can't have it both ways, so was or was not Joseph Jesus' father?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186996 Aug 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus said, "that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.", what was this 'I am he' supposed to be?
Messiah or Son of God or God or some other creature? That was his three word response most of the time.
When the woman at the well told him she was waiting for the Messiah, he said the same damn thing 'I am he'.
So, his 'I am he' was nothing but simply 'I am the Messiah' but he could not dare open his mouth openly and say "I am the Messiah."
And there was no sin if people did not believe that he was the Messiah. Why the bloody sin should be so important?
Nothing but foolish linguistic gymnastics by John.
Do you believe Jesus is the Messiah?
Alex WM

London, UK

#186997 Aug 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is called the Son of God because His Spirit was united with human flesh from Mary the Virgin.
Hello dear sweet Shamma....
I asked a very simple question.
Please give me a simple answer. Thank you.

John 3:16 (KJV) says
For God so loved the world, that he gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

**** Is Jesus
"the ONLY Begotten Son of god" or
"the ONLY Begotten Son of god the father"?
bmz

Location hidden

#186998 Aug 28, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>

Read my post again:

Bryant,
Did you really read what I wrote? Did you really understand what I wrote?

I had written this:

"They can't, bro and they can never do that, because Jesus introduced God as, "My Father" and "Your Father".

Jesus never called God, "My father".

Salaams
BMZ"

And the main point was "Jesus never called God, "My father"."

So, why are you quoting me "my Father" verses??????????

Do you see a difference between "my Father" and "my father"?

This is getting hilarious. You write: "You said that Jesus never called God "my Father" and he did."

Read my post and see what I wrote.

Did Jesus say, "I am going back to my father, who is your Father and my Father" also?

Did Jesus say, "God is my father?"

You don't even know what I am talking about?

This one from you, is the most absurd reasoning, I have seen coming from a Christian:

"It is to be noted that when Jesus said `I am ascending to My Father and your Father and to My God and to your God', He did not to say `I am ascending to our Father and our God.' Jesus had to make the distinction between My Father and your Father and My God and your God."
bmz

Location hidden

#186999 Aug 28, 2013
Bryant wrote:
Do you believe Jesus is the Messiah?
I do not and I don't have to. I am not a Jew or a Christian. I have never waited for any Messiah and neither have Muslims. For us, Messiah is not important and there is no place in Islam for your type of Messiah.

There was no Messiah promised by God to Israel. The word, like Trinity, does not exist in the Torah.

To me Messiah simply means an anointed person, chosen by God for a mission and that means a prophet or a messenger of God. Also, God never promised a Son to come as a Messiah.

I don't know why the Church and Christians did not call him a prophet, when only a prophet was promised? By right, he should be called a prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslims Do Not Know God 26 min Mystery Person 3
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Midnight Philosopher 527,680
News 'Some of us still have balls left' (Aug '15) 3 hr Faith 6
Bashar Al Assad is a jew (Aug '13) 20 hr J_a_n 9
Israel's War Crimes EXPOSED!! Wed Syriana 47
Criticism of Islam Tue The Researcher 1
Did the Prophet Muhammad Suffer From Temporal L... Tue The Researcher 1