Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256391 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179579 Jun 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The gift of knowledge rabbee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_v2qf6jrc-YXX
Sometimes, one needs to give gifts to themselves as well, as one can't completely neglect themselves.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#179580 Jun 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, one needs to give gifts to themselves as well, as one can't completely neglect themselves.
I thank God for his gift of knowledge and understanding.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179581 Jun 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I thank God for his gift of knowledge and understanding.
Why would you do that until you receive it?

Location hidden

#179583 Jun 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you do that until you receive it?
It is obvious you are void of the gift of knowledge and understanding, since you cannot recognize the difference.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179584 Jun 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you are void of the gift of knowledge and understanding, since you cannot recognize the difference.
I have no idea how you can link a one hour vid and actually expect people to watch it, but I did. I just got done watching the whole thing. She's not bad. She has a lot to say, but she takes far too long to say it, and there are still a few pieces that she is missing. But again, for you to post a vid that is that long and expect others here to actually watch it is very unrealistic of you and perhaps even poor judgement to even bother to post it. I am merely open minded enough to watch and consider it, but for you to expect others to do that is very unrealistic. I said what she said and even more in a few long posts here that nobody even read anyway. So why would you expect that anybody else here would actually watch that if they don't even read long posts here?

Location hidden

#179585 Jun 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how you can link a one hour vid and actually expect people to watch it, but I did. I just got done watching the whole thing. She's not bad. She has a lot to say, but she takes far too long to say it, and there are still a few pieces that she is missing. But again, for you to post a vid that is that long and expect others here to actually watch it is very unrealistic of you and perhaps even poor judgement to even bother to post it. I am merely open minded enough to watch and consider it, but for you to expect others to do that is very unrealistic. I said what she said and even more in a few long posts here that nobody even read anyway. So why would you expect that anybody else here would actually watch that if they don't even read long posts here?
What makes you think every one is interested in your brand of rhetoric?
Listening to Mother Angelica is more enlightened and more entertaining than what you have to say.
What are your a paid troll that you have to be posting t make a living from it?
Is that what you are, a paid troll?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#179586 Jun 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Anywhere where Jesus is quoted is supposed to be his words. The rest is a narrator retelling the story of what happened, or telling what they have been inspired by God to say or explain.
Yes, I knew that years ago. I am glad you have realized that too. You are the first Christian, who realized and wrote that.

Of course, the rest is story based on what the writers heard from narrators or story-tellers. These writers were not really inspired by God.

For example, three writers were told that Simon carried the cross for Jesus but John said Jesus carried his own cross. It shows that God did not inspire the writers. They wrote based on hearsay.

Location hidden

#179587 Jun 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I knew that years ago. I am glad you have realized that too. You are the first Christian, who realized and wrote that.
Of course, the rest is story based on what the writers heard from narrators or story-tellers. These writers were not really inspired by God.
For example, three writers were told that Simon carried the cross for Jesus but John said Jesus carried his own cross. It shows that God did not inspire the writers. They wrote based on hearsay.
Did Jesus carry the cross at all?

bmz

Location hidden

#179588 Jun 12, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>The "point" is that you are utterly clueless about Christianity, being the Mohammadan that you are. Yes, your "prophet" was quite confused, to put it mildly, about what Christianity actually taught. Of course, he COULD HAVE enquired to know the truth, but "Jibreel" owned him, and "Jibreel" had no interest in the truth, not when the entire *ISLAMIC* enterprise was about destroying Christian beliefs.
You remain the liar that I have always believed you to be.
Hi, El

The Christianity which you talk about was neither taught nor preached by Jesus and his followers and not even by their great grandchildren.

The Christianity that you practice, sprouted like a young bean in the 4th Century and it took another three centuries to 'mistune' it completely.

You know well that Trinity was not even known for the first 350 years.

Muhammad did not discuss Trinity or Christianity. He just passed the message that was revealed to him. He told people not to even utter the word Trinity, added that it was false and a lie against God, condemned it as instructed, told the folks that God had no son and added that Jesus was only a man, the son of Mary.

Simply put, Muhammad refuted and condemned Trinity.

Now, if you go back and look at the history of the Church founded by Constantine, you will realize that the founding fathers of the Church were the Liars, not me, Buford.

I gave you the shocking piece of information, where the disciples told Paul that they had not even heard anything about the Holy Spirit. So, it will be good if you try to find out when this third of the three came out?

bmz

Location hidden

#179589 Jun 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Did Jesus carry the cross at all?
No, Shamma.

Will be back later in the evening.

bmz

Location hidden

#179590 Jun 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think every one is interested in your brand of rhetoric?
Listening to Mother Angelica is more enlightened and more entertaining than what you have to say.
What are your a paid troll that you have to be posting t make a living from it?
Is that what you are, a paid troll?
Interesting and helpful.

Seeker is not a troll but his problem is that he thinks he is better than you and other Christians.

Please forgive him for what he does.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179591 Jun 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think every one is interested in your brand of rhetoric?
Didn't I say that I typed a few long posts that nobody read anyway? And I can assure you, that nobody but myself watched that video. But I did, and like I said, it was pretty good. I have an open mind and I listen. I don't think you do. Would your ever spend an hour watching something that I post? I doubt it.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#179592 Jun 13, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I say that I typed a few long posts that nobody read anyway? And I can assure you, that nobody but myself watched that video. But I did, and like I said, it was pretty good. I have an open mind and I listen. I don't think you do. Would your ever spend an hour watching something that I post? I doubt it.
Salaamz! BANNER JOKE OF THE DAY PEOPLES! LOL! LEEKER has an OPEN-MIND! LMAO! You must excuse me now for I have laughed so hard Ive wet my knickerz. CheerZ
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179593 Jun 13, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>Salaamz! BANNER JOKE OF THE DAY PEOPLES! LOL! LEEKER has an OPEN-MIND! LMAO!
Well, you seem to have the open mouth part down pretty well. Not sure about the open mind part. To you, an open mind means simply accepting Islam as the truth, and anybody who doesn't and points out errors in the Quran immediately has a closed mind. There is nobody on the planet who has more closed minds than Muslims, and the most ironic part is that THEY are the ones who always say that OTHERS do not have an open mind. As is often said, truth is often stranger than fiction.
yehoshooah adam

New York, NY

#179594 Jun 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The gift of knowledge rabbee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_v2qf6jrc-YXX
rabbee: you did not answer, the simple question. manufactured fabricated fictional knowledge, is not true knowledge. there is a difference in what you want to be true, and what really is true. nor did i ask you, for someone else's extrapolative opinions. i asked you! where do you! find that in scripture?

Yeshooah Benee Adam, did not instruct any one. to pray or to confess sins to THEIR Surrogate Mother or any one else then. i am not asking you, what does the catholic church say. i asked you, where do you! find this in scripture. i did not ask what other, pre-deluded individuals say.

what would you do, if i aksed you for the real color of oranges? tell me that the catholic church and others say, radishes are red. i did not ask you to answer, with insanity yours or anyone else's. i truly asked a sane question, and expect a sane answer truly from you.

i could even accept, i can't as an honest answer. if you cannot personally verify seeing it in even your alleged scripture. then it is all, dishonest mythological hearsay.

what is the process, if i point out to you an alleged error in your way of thinking? that is not even true, according to even your scriptures.

leaving me to assume, either you have no idea if it is in there or not. or that you know, it is not in there. and are doing a song and dance routine, to avoid answering. when G-D and i, are not so easily amused.

and i know for sure, you cannot find that political snow job in TheTorah. the religion of G-D, is not the religion of politics with the devil
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179595 Jun 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you did not answer, the simple question. manufactured fabricated fictional knowledge, is not true knowledge. there is a difference in what you want to be true, and what really is true.
When are you going to tell YOURSELF that? What a hypocrite you are with absolutely zero self awareness of your own behaviors. Oh, but that's right, YOU are RIGHT because God told you so, and it's absolutely impossible that this is merely some sort of schizophrenic voice you are hearing in your head. Impossible. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179596 Jun 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
what would you do, if i aksed you for the real color of oranges? tell me that the catholic church and others say, radishes are red. i did not ask you to answer, with insanity yours or anyone else's. i truly asked a sane question, and expect a sane answer truly from you.
I just cannot believe that you of all people even mention the words sane and insane. I just can't believe that I am actually reading this. It's like a guy who shouts "it is wrong to shout!!!". LOL!!! Truly, truly unbelievable.

You can't even type an understandable, coherent post to save your life. Shamma can do that. I can read a post of Shamma's and understand what he is trying to say, whether I agree or not. But your posts are nothing but a bizarre mismatch of illogical, incomplete, incoherent sentences that you can't even provide any substantiated basis for, except for THeTorah that you yourself wrote on your phony Santa Claus beard that you stole. You really have a lot of nerve and zero self awareness.

bmz

Location hidden

#179597 Jun 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
And you should be thankful God did send Jesus to die for sins of the world.
But you are not thankful.
Now, you stick your foot in your mouth and babble. Is that gross statement something to be thankful for?

A/c to Matthew:

And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

A/c to Mark:

And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

You should re-write the above lines to show what the men meant:

And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased and I am going to kill the sin I created."

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Do not listen to him as he is of no use. I am going to kill him!"

bmz

Location hidden

#179598 Jun 13, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>Salaamz! BANNER JOKE OF THE DAY PEOPLES! LOL! LEEKER has an OPEN-MIND! LMAO! You must excuse me now for I have laughed so hard Ive wet my knickerz. CheerZ
lol!

bmz

Location hidden

#179599 Jun 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> What religion are you?
Muslim, Eric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam is IMMORTAL 1 hr Well Well 22
I am a Hindu girl in love with a Muslim boy (Jan '14) 2 hr Khan 156
Why Hindus drink cow urine as medicine? 2 hr Khan 4
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 hr T Pendleton 507,992
Why do most people dispise muslims so much? 2 hr Khan 13
Peophet Mohammed was a TS 3 hr Mambo 8
why prophet mohammad having sex with a dead woman? (Aug '09) 4 hr Dawn of Reality 319
More from around the web