Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175275 May 7, 2013
There are no rigid or fixed laws; even science in its rare undogmatic moments recognizes that the laws are mere mental constructions. There are only cases, and if the mind could apply itself to all the circumstances it would find that no two cases are exactly similar.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175276 May 7, 2013
What most people accept as "laws" are actually recurrence of surface effects - change the innate cause, the effect, too, would change.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175277 May 7, 2013
Consciousness is not only “power of awareness” of self and things or events; it has also an innate “dynamic” and “creative” energy that's unified with it and so consciousness and energy are like the obverse and reverse sides of a coin. Consciousness-Force can determine its own reactions or abstain from reactions; it can not only answer to forces, but create or put out from itself forces.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175278 May 7, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no i have already refused, to live with you. literaly, or any other way. nor do i contribute, to the delenquency of any idolator.
If you were so smart, you'd know how to spell. I notice you do that a lot.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175279 May 7, 2013
Selfless service is rare. Providing medical care to the poor, feeding the destitute and opening orphanages and other acts of philanthropy are at the subconscious level usually associated with great ambition, pride and egoism - it gives such people a magnified sense of doing good to others and they think they can set the world right by providing services to the needy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175280 May 7, 2013
Without the poor, the poor philanthropist will feel like a fish out of water, deprived of his halo of greatness and inner feeling of grandiose.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175281 May 7, 2013
We want to diminish suffering, but unless we change in fundamental ways right down to the subconscient, the capacity of suffering remains intact and humankind will not change. We turn in a circle – one civilization follows another; but the thing does not change, for there is something missing which is the higher consciousness and its transforming force that're are missing.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175282 May 7, 2013
However, if it's a person’s destiny, in keeping with his past karma and genetic instincts of the present round of existence, to found schools and give instruction, to care for the sick and to open hospitals and free soup kitchens, it is only right that the person does it. But he must not take that very seriously. It's something grandiose he is doing for his own pleasure and satisfaction and in keeping with his innate nature but it cannot erase the suffering and misery and wars and diseases and death and poverty in the world. All this can be overcome only via the supramentalization of the earth nature.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175283 May 7, 2013
In the place of the unregenerate earth nature must be manifested Knowledge, Power and Consciousness of the Supramental; otherwise, we shall always turn in a circle around the same stupidities.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175284 May 7, 2013
The earth nature is in a period of transition that seems long to the human consciousness, but which is infinitesimal for the eternal consciousness. And this period will come to an end with the emergence of the supramental consciousness. The contradictions will then be replaced by harmonies and the opposites by syntheses.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175285 May 7, 2013
The Supramental Yoga aims at scaling all the degrees of consciousness from the ordinary mental consciousness to a harmonious supramental consciousness, and when the ascent is completed, to return to the gross material consciousness and infuse it with the unitary supramental truth-consciousness force that has been won, so that this unregenerate earth may be gradually transformed into a supramental world based on harmonies and immortality and bliss and the higher gnosis.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175286 May 7, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
ok jinny boy.
Name the 12 apostles who were appointed by BJ to go out to the world in the name of daddy sonny and ghosty?
Remember...Judas baby seems to have died in two different ways after "betraying" BJ...
Are you sneaking "honest" paul in with his gang?
Also Mark 16:9-20 is a load of rubbish.
How can BJ rebuke these fools one minute and in the next minute give them international passports to spread their ignorance!!
All a load of lies.
BJ was a failure.
Paul the liar is the real man behind this mangod eating cult.
There are 3 shepherds that were supposed to commit suicide by hanging. Zechariah 11:8, and Jesus did not fulfill the rest of it either. Judas had the 30 pieces of silver at the last supper and it was probably given to him by Jesus. If you read all of Zechariah 11, you can see it was not fulfilled. There is also a multitude of scripture that goes along with it and it is an unmistakable event.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175287 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to understand how Muslims are taught and therefore how they think. They are taught that it is impossible for anybody to disvbelieve that the Quran comes from God after they read it. And if they claim they don't believe it, they are just being stubborn and and are lying. Believe it or not, this is true. That's really what they are taught.
So the assumption is that if you poke holes in Islam, you are merely lying because you know Islam is the truth. So, since they assume you are lying, they think it's a game where they have to be a more clever liar than you are and out lie you. I'm dead serious about this. This is why they don't have any single problem lying to you. It's actually a despicable little game, but they think it's clever rather than shameful.
Yes I have noted this tendency of Muslims that they think it's enough to read the Quran to figure out that it comes from god. No matter how many flaws you point out to them, they still believe it's the word of god, and therefore it's a perfect book.

But then I also guess that any believer, regardless its religion, if you point out the flaws from its book, s/he will deny it.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#175288 May 7, 2013
The evolution of consciousness continues as the higher and still higher ranges of the involved consciousness keep gradually emerging in the earth nature to take nature and being to the highest perfection.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175289 May 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan B---They woulda/shoulda tried and executed him for making himself equal to God.
HughBe--- I am guaranteeing you that your words are duly noted, in heaven.
Susan B---It's considered a sin against Gods' person, blasphemy. Especially because he's killed so many people by leading them astray.
HughBe--- I am guaranteeing you that this same standard shall be used against your rabbis for MISLEADING, LYING,DECEIVING and ENSLAVING(mentally) the Jewish people for centuries.
The scales are being removed from the eyes of the people.
Isaiah 6:10 "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes and see with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert and be healed. Their is a veil spread over the eyes of the entire world and they cannot see. When VWD Day comes, the veil will be lifted.

Location hidden

#175290 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with stupid note such as this one:
"By the way, for example now I caught you lying about Jews being labeled Muslims for the simple fact they believe in Abraham's god. Is this that you call licking Christian asses?
How desperately dumb you can ever be? "
Go back and read my post again.
Let me try to put it this way and see if you can struggle and manage to comprehend this:
For example, I will never call a Trinitarian Christian, a Muslim, but I will call a Jew a Muslim. I can call the true followers and disciples of Jesus, Muslims because they believed in the God of Abraham and Jesus.
Muslim means one, who submits only to one God Almighty. It does not mean that the Jews are Muslims like me, but they are Muslims to God.
Why would I call a Jew a Muslim? Because, a Jew like a Muslim, is fiercely monotheistic.
Hope this helped.
Prick,

You don't make any sense, and you are pretty boring as well.

If Muslim means one who submits to one god almighty, then the question would be who is this one god almighty? Is your god YHVH? No. We have a problem then.

Another problem is that you stated it was sarcasm, but now after Alex butted in miracously it wasn't sarcasm to call a Jewish a muslim, since he believes in one god almighty? LMAO

Why would Allah tell to Muhammad that the people of the Scripture have to adopt the religion of truth, when they are already submited to god alimighty?

How long do I have to humiliate you? LOL

Location hidden

#175291 May 7, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes i had several, iq tests as a child with a neurosurgen, and teen years. and not to mention all the aptitude tests, in the schools and military. and i normally had to take them over, because of unusual high scores. even had two years of college credit, at a young age taking a cged test. only because they did not want to give me, more than two years credit.
and as far as these, visits with G-D. i am not! lying about them. i hate lying, with a passion against it. it is the reason we, have so many witchraft and sorcery problems in the world. and there is no way, you can fix one lie with more lies. you just end up, telling more lies trying to fix those.
and i am telling you, that these visits with G-D. are all according to prophetic scripture. G-D'S promise to return and and his mate, to TheTree of Life(TheTorah) is presently being fullfilled. i believe G-D that, that person put to death 2000 years ago, was the both of us. making this the exact same, story as the last two times G-D gave it.
No offense rabbee Yehoshooah Adam but it doesn't look like you are over 200 IQ
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175292 May 7, 2013
Kareem O Crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding dong, cuckoo cuckoo. It's 12 o clock. Either Allah is the real God or not, but he doesn't make himself into a God. If you want to say that Muhammad made Allah into the real God, then that is different.
shameless tranny jinny is showing her slip.
obviously she is an escaped nutcase who has been under medication..lol
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175293 May 7, 2013
Kareem O Crap wrote:
<quoted text>
The natural assumption is that they were all there when he said this to them.
<quoted text>
So what? Two different accounts. The whole thing is told in story form anyway, so not all stories will match completely when it comes from people's recollections.
<quoted text>
No, he wasn't an Apostle at that time, and in fact, he is actually considered more of a saint rather than one of the original Apostles.
<quoted text>
Could you ask that question in a more serious way?
<quoted text>
Paul didn't write the Gospels.
lol....you are a clueless fool tranny jinny.
I asked you to name the 12 apostles who went out to change the world.
Are you suggesting that they are the original 12 disicples?
Honest paul screwed up everthing for BJ!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175294 May 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Prick,
You don't make any sense, and you are pretty boring as well.
If Muslim means one who submits to one god almighty, then the question would be who is this one god almighty? Is your god YHVH? No. We have a problem then.
Another problem is that you stated it was sarcasm, but now after Alex butted in miracously it wasn't sarcasm to call a Jewish a muslim, since he believes in one god almighty? LMAO
Why would Allah tell to Muhammad that the people of the Scripture have to adopt the religion of truth, when they are already submited to god alimighty?
How long do I have to humiliate you? LOL
This fool is unable to put together two English words cogently.
Let's see if this ass*ole understands this:
There can only be ONE God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 17 min chazmo 521,581
Ratko Mladic: Man of God 13 hr Faith 6
News North Texas Mosque Welcomes Public In to Learn ... 23 hr Shoko 25
News Anti-Islam GOP survey alarms American Muslims 23 hr the noble koran 12
Israel Has The Right... Wed J_a_n 7
Can the West teach Muslims morals and decency? (Sep '15) Tue Poster No 1 12
Poll It's NOT up to you fools anymore. WE are NOW ca... (Jun '11) Tue The Seer 195
More from around the web