Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256390 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175115 May 6, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma already think that the Jews in this thread are Muslims or quite close to it.
It's not a secret that you are trying, quite openly, to group Jews and Muslims in one side, and make your internet Jihad against Christians.
After being exposed your ignorance by picking what Islamic doctrine and Quran said, and put them at your attention, you tried to cover up everything by labeling your post as sarcastic and probe question? WTF LOL
What a prick you are.
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!
BMZ actually extended friendship and respect to Eric, a fellow believer in God, by calling him a Muslim.
To us it is one of the highest forms of respect we can give a fellow human being.
When will you stop being petty and paranoid.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175116 May 6, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: don't care how many of you, call someone else a false prophet with your being a fale profit. if it ain't true to G-D here in TheLiving Torah, then you are beaing false wittness.
when your even acting, like we are not all here in TheLiving Torah. is bearing your false wittness, to G-D and everybody. there is no command from G-D, to lie unto other as they have all lied unto you.
I will never call Yehoshooah/eisa/jesus a false prophet.
I was referring to the pagan clown known as BJ who is being worshipped by clueless gentiles.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175118 May 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan B---There was no contemporaneous record of Jesus' life and what he said.
HughBe--- No doubt in your mind there IS "contemporaneous record"s of the life of Noah, Abraham, Moses etc. so please free to share them.
The life and times of these people was relayed to Moses from God himself. Moses wrote the Torah as dictated to him from God and there is not a more reliable eyewitness. The Torah is the word of the living God.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#175119 May 6, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The life and times of these people was relayed to Moses from God himself. Moses wrote the Torah as dictated to him from God and there is not a more reliable eyewitness. The Torah is the word of the living God.
But it's even better. Hugh reads the verses from Shemot to mean that G-d personally inscribed the entire Book of Beresheit. There is not even room for a scrivener mistake.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175120 May 6, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about the gender of YHVH but the fact that Muhammad's god need a consort to have a son like if he's an earthly creauture and lacking of omnipotence faculty.
However can you quote from the Torah where exactly is reported that YHVH is both he and she?
rabbee: what you mean you cannot find, the story of Adam in TheLittle Book of Bereesheees? but then would a direct translation, from Bereesheees in TheTorah suffice? as if i have never given, this before.

"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.

G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

so not it does not say, that G-D created man in THEIR IMAGE and LIKENESS. as the vain, only claim with their mental magic. and the way it is actually written. claims that Their His Son adam, is created. and then given with a pre-proposed marriage partener, to fashion TheONE Adam.

it also happens to be, the definition of the twice comings of HaMosheeach. don't care what the christians call him, that is not true to what G-D has always called Him. repeating that lie too often, will only eventually make it appear as true to you in the world.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175121 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's even better. Hugh reads the verses from Shemot to mean that G-d personally inscribed the entire Book of Beresheit. There is not even room for a scrivener mistake.
That makes sense to me Eric, Genesis is infallible and there are no contradictions or discrepancies. It gives an accurate history from Adam to Moses.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175122 May 6, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will never call Yehoshooah/eisa/jesus a false prophet.
I was referring to the pagan clown known as BJ who is being worshipped by clueless gentiles.
rabbee: well they do not have a clue, as to whom they are really attmpting to worship. any more than you have a clue, as to whom you are rejecting from G-D.

it is not new, for G-D to give this story of the twice coming of Adam. any more than it is new, for alleged true believers to offer a false golden calf. we can't wait for Moshe, or Yeshooah to return. so let us make up, our own golden calves in the meantime.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175123 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what you think, that G-D only wrote 2 1/2 commands on each side of the stone tablets? and spent the rest of the fourty days, explaining them to Moshe? do you really propose, that Moshe was so stupid? that he had a hard time understanding, only ten commands in fourty days with G-D on a mountain. when none of you, would risk your lives, spending a half an hour with G-D.

G-D has already spent, fourty one years. actually teaching me this story of Adam to adam and his mate. even if i was not aware, of this all happening at the time. untill i finally woke up, after the second visit from G-D. and realized this is the same story, TheG-D of Only TheTorah always gives here in IT. even if the whole world and their grandmother, rejects being here in It for the third time.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175124 May 6, 2013
yes i spent about half an hour, talking with G-D in the first visit. i did not think, it would cost me, my life in the world. but it did cost me, my worldly life as you know it for yourselves. but i have a life with G-D, with or without any of you or your grandmother.

and patricide and matricide, will drive all you little norman bates and batettes crazy.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175125 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: what you mean you cannot find, the story of Adam in TheLittle Book of Bereesheees? but then would a direct translation, from Bereesheees in TheTorah suffice? as if i have never given, this before.
"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.
G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"
so not it does not say, that G-D created man in THEIR IMAGE and LIKENESS. as the vain, only claim with their mental magic. and the way it is actually written. claims that Their His Son adam, is created. and then given with a pre-proposed marriage partener, to fashion TheONE Adam.
it also happens to be, the definition of the twice comings of HaMosheeach. don't care what the christians call him, that is not true to what G-D has always called Him. repeating that lie too often, will only eventually make it appear as true to you in the world.
The let us, our imagine and our likeness don't prove that god is two nor it proves as if it's he and she. It only indicates a plural.

That's a clear sign of plural majestic, where a subject speaking of itself by using a plural. In semitic languages the plural majestic is common and used also by the ordinary people.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#175126 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: what you think, that G-D only wrote 2 1/2 commands on each side of the stone tablets? and spent the rest of the fourty days, explaining them to Moshe? do you really propose, that Moshe was so stupid? that he had a hard time understanding, only ten commands in fourty days with G-D on a mountain. when none of you, would risk your lives, spending a half an hour with G-D.
G-D has already spent, fourty one years. actually teaching me this story of Adam to adam and his mate. even if i was not aware, of this all happening at the time. untill i finally woke up, after the second visit from G-D. and realized this is the same story, TheG-D of Only TheTorah always gives here in IT. even if the whole world and their grandmother, rejects being here in It for the third time.
The question was not whether G-d imparted the information upon Moses, but how. Hugh believes that G-d actually produced the written copy. My position at the time was that G-d told the information to Moses who transcribed it. In my mind the verses are not at all clear on this topic, and G-d could have inscribed the information in a matter of moments rather than 10 months.

Anyway, it's irrelevant because I am accepting Hugh's interpretation as correct for the purposes of this discussion.
Alpha Centauri

Hurricane, WV

#175127 May 6, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
BJ failed to convince his own people and was branded a False Prophet/Messiah by his own people who punched his face, kicked his ass, spat on him, stripped him NAKED and stuck him on a pole to die.
Holy Prophet Muhammed convinced his own people and billions of people on planet earth that he IS a REAL Messenger, Prophet and SLAVE of God.
But BJ the FAILED Jewish messiah candidate has ended up as a PAGAN SATAN mangod to the ignorant gentiles who are certain to enter hell.
Get used to it little boy.
Dick,

The only way that your "prophet" succeeded was by murdering his critics. It's your own bloody history. I DIDN'T INVENT IT. get used to it, DICK.
Alpha Centauri

Hurricane, WV

#175128 May 6, 2013
DICK,

Jesus didn't have a mandate from his Father to have his enemies murdered. Apparently, your "prophet's" "Allah" wasn't as forgiving.

WHY IS THAT?

Two different Gods, perhaps?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175129 May 6, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The let us, our imagine and our likeness don't prove that god is two nor it proves as if it's he and she. It only indicates a plural.
That's a clear sign of plural majestic, where a subject speaking of itself by using a plural. In semitic languages the plural majestic is common and used also by the ordinary people.
Elohim is a majestic plural and literally translated it's "gods" but the Lord is one. God is Energy, the Lord is Gods' wife and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24, Isaiah 54:5-6.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#175130 May 6, 2013
Thats right

And when you accuse something of being forged you should have proof. going on about how God came to a vision to correct it is in itself a forgery.

In all revelations there are witnesses. His two wives did not witness anything other than Muhammad going into convulsions and babbling.

They did not see an angel.

points 2 and 3... those apply to you more than they do to me. Because firstly, all the manuscripts of Judaism point to ONE GOD, and are almost perfectly identical.

There are no such thing as Jewish Bibles that teach "more than one God". So what FORGERY are you referring to? What? Not enough future glorification of Muhammad?

In regards to the CHRISTIAN bible, their writings rely on the Jewish ones first of all, and there is no forgery since the Gospels are eyewitness accounts of someone ELSE. I don't recall PAUL writing anything about himself being another God, or about Jesus worshipping Paul. Paul criticied himself in his own writings, and pointed out his own faults.

Forgers are, esp. back then, not that clever... because after all their motive would not be to mindlessly cause confusion, but to either make money, get power, or have more women.

Oh wait.... That reminds me of someone 600 years LATER...
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
When you become Prosecutor, Jury, Judge and Executioner, all combined into one, then this is the type of post which you post.
However my short comments on your post are:
01. A forgery remains a forgery, it does not matter if it be from 500 BC, First century CE or 16th century CE.
02. No forgery will become Truth just because it is "Very Old"
03. It is illogical and irrational to "spend all your force" to defend one set of forgery and use all that force to condemn the other.
04. I know you Christians have to deal with such issues all of the time, because the "base of your religion" is not on authentic documents which have no proof to be traced to the source.
And you derive "Most of your Dogmas" from some one who was Not a Prophet and not taught by either a prophet or Disciples of a Prophet.
Christianity is strangest religion of the world!!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175131 May 6, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well it is not my falt, if you cannot accept me as an actual eye wittness - to confirm IT is all true.

i was standing there, when G-D came to visit with me. and was too nieve, to know it. it was not until just before the second visit, that i realized WHO THEY Were.

when i heard G-D, coming to see me. and your damn right, i got scared. cause this in not like, being called to the principals office. not to mention the complications this caused, the son from a family with an athiest father.

how can you expect me, to live a normal life as this world knows. when G-D commanded all this weird stuff, to happen all around me. your damn right i am not normal, according to this worlds antiG-D standards.

it is not my falt, that G-D would not leave me alone. this is not my falt, G-D made me do it. i wanted to be more like, einstein or tesla, with my well over 200 iq. and you see how well, that worked out. when G-D tells you, your going to do somthing THEIR Way, your going to do it. and i don't care, who you think you are or are not.

Location hidden

#175132 May 6, 2013
Why do you quote yourself "rabbee:"

You are obviously the one posting, what's the point of starting all of your posts with "rabbee:"

its a little confusing because I'm thinking sometimes you are quoting someone else and responding to that. Or quoting yourself from an earlier post...
<quoted text>
rabbee: well it is not my falt, if you cannot accept me as an actual eye wittness - to confirm IT is all true.
i was standing there, when G-D came to visit with me. and was too nieve, to know it. it was not until just before the second visit, that i realized WHO THEY Were.
when i heard G-D, coming to see me. and your damn right, i got scared. cause this in not like, being called to the principals office. not to mention the complications this caused, the son from a family with an athiest father.
how can you expect me, to live a normal life as this world knows. when G-D commanded all this weird stuff, to happen all around me. your damn right i am not normal, according to this worlds antiG-D standards.
it is not my falt, that G-D would not leave me alone. this is not my falt, G-D made me do it. i wanted to be more like, einstein or tesla, with my well over 200 iq. and you see how well, that worked out. when G-D tells you, your going to do somthing THEIR Way, your going to do it. and i don't care, who you think you are or are not.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175133 May 6, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The life and times of these people was relayed to Moses from God himself. Moses wrote the Torah as dictated to him from God and there is not a more reliable eyewitness. The Torah is the word of the living God.
accepted

Location hidden

#175134 May 6, 2013
I err:

The note said

He will lift the people and prove that his word and law are valid.

and those words in Hebrew, note the first letters...

Yarim
Ha’Am
Veyokhiakh
Shedvaro
Vetorato
Omdim
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175135 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was not whether G-d imparted the information upon Moses, but how. Hugh believes that G-d actually produced the written copy. My position at the time was that G-d told the information to Moses who transcribed it. In my mind the verses are not at all clear on this topic, and G-d could have inscribed the information in a matter of moments rather than 10 months.
Anyway, it's irrelevant because I am accepting Hugh's interpretation as correct for the purposes of this discussion.
rabbee: G-D wrote TheWhole Torah, on the two tablets. and Moshe had it duplicated, on parchment and given to the various leaders of the tribes. at the bequest of Moshe's father in law, to divide up the responsibilities.

and yes G-D gave to Moshe, His life story then too. which is really hard, to accpet for a while. because this can't be happening, exactly like G-D said. it is just so astonishing, to see it all happen exactly the way G-D said.

this world does not, prepare anyone for G-D. i was unprepared for the fist visit. and still not, fully prepared for another visit. cause it never happens, the way or when you want. and is never at, your own convience. when it seems like G-D, chooses the most inconvient time to visit. and G-D always says, or does that which you do not expect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 hr Faith 527,775
News Obama is right: Islam hasalways been part of Am... (Sep '15) 7 hr Benbar 35
News Muslims Gather Outside Trump Tower in NYC to Pr... (Jun '17) 7 hr Benbar 38
News German Cabinet Minister Says 'Islam Doesn't Bel... 10 hr J_a_n 13
Prophet Mohammed loved sodomizing young boys. (Oct '08) Sat tammy 21
News Is the Queen related to Prophet Muhammad? Apr 19 mahasn sawresho 3
News Michigan prison violating pregnant Muslim's rel... Apr 19 Faith from Michigan 1