Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 251283 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171860 Apr 14, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: there are, three kinds of atheism. and stalin, hitler, muslini, obama, and the pope. all fall into, one of those three kinds.
first kind, we have not been here in TheTorah from G-D this time.
second kind, G-D is no longer giving TheTorah, after they crossed the river. and is no longer involved, in giving our story.
third kind, i/we are g-d, and there is no other/s.
and they are all religiously distinguished, by their own new testaments. that all deny, TheG-D of always the same physical accounting.
In a way anyone is a bit "atheist". After all if you believe in a god, you reject all other gods that other religions speak of.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171861 Apr 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a substantial difference between Islam and Judaism... Hebrews prophets didn't need to stress the audience by repeating every time YHVH is your god and Moses is his messenger, or... Isaiah is his messenger. Nor the Hebrews went to war and convert others into their religion.
The rest is same sht.
<quoted text>
LOL
First off the only idiots that I know are the ones who believe without questioning or ask for evidences.
Second off You created a wrong sentence to make a point. You called them prophets and messengers of god, giving for sure they are that. I go a step back and say prove that you are what you claim to be. That is nothing to do with faith.
Third off how do you know that these people are prophets and messengers of god? Do you believe blindly to anyone that tells I am a messenger of god or you require proof?
<quoted text>
Actually there is no common definition of god, thus you are so wrong as always.
Forgive me, I shall make my comments but I am I cannot respond like for like, because I am not yet a mind reader...having to walk your minefield called "eng-talian" or "it-lish" with accoustic and semantic issues.

Two points...
1. You say.."First off the only idiots that I know are the ones who believe without questioning or ask for evidences."

I say "how many idiots that you know who believe without questioning or ask for evidence"?...Give me a split...how many Christian idiots and how many Muslim idiots?

2. There is a substantial difference between Islam and Judaism... Hebrews prophets didn't need to stress the audience by repeating every time YHVH is your god and Moses is his messenger, or.....
" WE say Allah is God and Moses is his messenger"
"WE say Allah is God and Jesus is his mesenger"..

The Jews are very clued up on this...
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E&#7717;ad
Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad
Shema Yisroel, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Echad
Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad...

3. How do you know that anything is true?
If you know any science at all, there is nothing we can be certain of.

4. The problem is any cluless person can an attack an idea or theology without being able to put forward his/her own set of alternative ideas or a code of conduct.
So you are doing an easy job that fits your level of intellect.
You are no different to mr "doom ham" mahmood.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171862 Apr 14, 2013
Gee my English is turning into ming-lish..

...Forgive me, I shall make my comments but I cannot respond like for like, because I am not yet a mind reader...having to walk your minefield called "eng-talian" or "it-lish" with acoustic and semantic issues.

Two points...
1. You say.."First off the only idiots that I know are the ones who believe without questioning or ask for evidences."

I say "how many idiots that you know who believe without questioning or ask for evidence"?...Give me a split...how many Christian idiots and how many Muslim idiots?

2. There is a substantial difference between Islam and Judaism... Hebrews prophets didn't need to stress the audience by repeating every time YHVH is your god and Moses is his messenger, or.....
" WE say Allah is God and Moses is his messenger"
"WE say Allah is God and Jesus is his messenger"..

The Jews are very clued up on this...
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E&#7717;ad
Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad
Shema Yisroel, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Echad
Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad...

3. How do you know that anything is true?
If you know any science at all, there is nothing we can be certain of.

4. The problem is any clueless person can an attack an idea or theology without being able to put forward his/her own set of alternative ideas or a code of conduct.
So you are doing an easy job that fits your level of intellect.
You are no different to mr "doom ham" mahmood.
POLO

Dartford, UK

#171863 Apr 14, 2013
"The closer we examine this development the more extraordinary does it appear. The other great religions won their way slowly, by painful struggle and finally triumphed with the aid of powerful monarchs converted to the new faith. Christianity had its Constantine, Buddhism its Asoka, and Zoroastrianism its Cyrus, each lending to his chosen cult the mighty force of secular authority. Not so Islam. Arising in a desert land sparsely inhabited by a nomad race previously undistinguished in human annals, Islam sallied forth on its great adventure with the slenderest human backing and against the heaviest material odds. Yet Islam triumphed with seemingly miraculous ease, and a couple of generations saw the Fiery Crescent borne victorious from the Pyrenees to the Himalayas and from the desert of Central Asia to the deserts of Central Africa." --A.M.L. Stoddard, quoted in ISLAM - THE RELIGION OF ALL PROPHETS, Begum Bawani Waqf, Karachi, Pakistan, p. 56.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171864 Apr 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be to questione the sanity of people that believe in an almighty and omniscient god that requires a book to record all the creatures he created, and that need to makes wars, to convert people, instead to use his almighty powers.
Firstly...A blind man carries a lamp in the night...they all laughed at him.
saying.."Why the lamp if you can't see?"
What did the blind man say?

Secondly, You obviously are not an accountant if you don't know why records need to be kept!
Thirdly, our boring "English" humour..
Why was Adam the first book-keeper/accountant?
He turned over a "new" leaf and made an "entry"..!!..lol

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171865 Apr 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are blind as a bate.
The heading states: Languages of Greece.
It does not say the languages of Greek.
You need to write "Languages of Greece 50 times.
LMAO!
Can't you ever get that right?
Its a HEADING you imbecile

Greek language is the language of Greece

I refuse to believe that you do not comprehend that - no one is that moronic - even you.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171866 Apr 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I always said that Yeshua was not the son of god, nor a prophet of god.
I despise Moses and Muhammad as worst characters ever.
We can agree to disagree...
I say that Jesus was a messenger sent to the JEWS.
I may not like what is written about Moses in OT written by those who have plagiarised the Tanakh.
The Quran is quite good about Moses.
I love the Holy Prophet Muhammed who showed us the correct way to return to worshipping one true God and who exposed the lies of mangod worshippers who are running like headless chicken even today.

Just despising people is not a good trait!
Because you are not guided by faith and hate God, you may end up being a bitter old person.
Do you wish to be buried or cremated?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171867 Apr 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are an ignorant fool.
You shot your mouth off with understanding how a Christian becomes a child of God.
Accepting Jesus as Gods Son is just the beginning, being reborn with water and the Spirit of baptism inters one into the family of God.
And one has to change his former ways and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior through the Church.
Their is a marriage covenant between Jesus and the Church.
The Church is called The Bride of Christ, as Christ is the Head of the Church, the sacraments of the Church are apart of the personal relationship with Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
If you want to know more, then visit a Church and talk to a priest or pastor of a Church.
None of that matters because you destroyed your own credibility by incorrectly citing scripture.

and then lying about it.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171868 Apr 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a HEADING you imbecile
Greek language is the language of Greece
I refuse to believe that you do not comprehend that - no one is that moronic - even you.
Skeptic is guided by his ghost...or own shadow...lol

I may be repeating what others have already have spotted..

Skeptic made a big booo..booo during his cut/paste adventures..

Skeptic cut/pasted something like this:

"Greece - Language, Culture and Doing Business Etiquette"

Not knowing the difference between greece and greek, chose to get
rid of the "-", ending up with....

"Greece Language, Culture and Doing Business Etiquette"
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171869 Apr 14, 2013
I have been posting proof on naked BJ but topix seems to delete the post...
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171870 Apr 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, the spectre of diseased satanic islam raping and murdering throughout the world has bolstered Christian numbers massively.
You stupid muztard.
Islam disgusts humans.
i tried posting the naked jesus link but topix deletes my post.
so google "naked jesus" and you will be shocked.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171871 Apr 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what?
I DIDN'T say christian messiah nor Hitler was an atheist. I see Islam has damaged your brain seriously.
I only said Mussolini was an atheist, and this thing is well known. Being ignorant of known facts and call all Europeans as Christians is a joke you need for your internet jihad, and to make pass Muslims as the victims of situation.
i was referring ro a collection of aussie john and you..
mussolini is atheist according to you..
hitler is atheist according to aussie john..
comical.....when they both were supposed to uphold "christianity" ruling "christian" countries.
it will be good if you stop lying
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171872 Apr 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! Thanks for the important note. Anyway, this Cult is slowly but surely dying.http://www.topix.com/for um/religion/islam/TT8JHO8GH6HK 7IJPA/p8083#
salaams bro,
did you try and post a response to my naked jesus post?
...its quite important as topix is deleting it..
thanks.
POLO

Dartford, UK

#171873 Apr 14, 2013
What They Say About This Man Muhammad(Peace be upon him)

"I have studied him - the wonderful man - and in my opinion FAR FROM BEING AN ANTI-CHRIST HE MUST BE CALLED THE SAVIOUR OF HUMANITY. " George Bernard Shaw in "The Genuine Islam"

'I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD AND MOHAMMED THE APOSTLE OF GOD,' is the simple and invariable profession of Islam. The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honours of the prophet have never transgressed the measure of human virtue, and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion." --Edward Gibbon and Simon Ocklay, HISTORY OF THE SARACEN EMPIRE, London, 1870, p. 54.

"He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports." --Bosworth Smith, MOHAMMAD AND MOHAMMADANISM, London, 1874,p.

The nation's claim to be a Christian country is about to meet its first challenge: the number of practising Muslims is set to overtake Anglican Christians.... There has also been a number of high-profile conversions to Islam from Christianity. These include Mike Tyson, the former world champion boxer; Chris Eubank, the British middleweight boxing champion, who has changed his name to Hamdan; and Cat Stevens, the pop musician, who calls himself Yousef Islam.... Prince Charles courted controversy earlier this year when he reaffirmed his claim that when he succeeds the throne, he does not wish to be the defender of only the Christian faith. Rajeev Syal and Christopher Morgan Sunday Times (London, U.K.)

"THE EXTINCTION OF RACE CONSCIOUSNESS as between Muslims is one of the outstanding achievements of Islam and in the contemporary world there is, as it happens, a crying need for the propagation of this Islamic virtue..." (A.J. Toynbee, CIVILIZATION ON TRIAL, New York, p. 205)

"The universal brotherhood of Islam, regardless of race, politics, colour or country, has been brought home to me most keenly many times in my life -- and this is another feature which drew me towards the Faith." Col. Donald S. Rockwell, U.S.A. Poet, Critic and Author.

"THE DOCTRINE OF BROTHERHOOD OF ISLAM EXTENDS TO ALL HUMAN BEINGS, NO MATTER WHAT COLOR, RACE OR CREED. Islam is the only religion which has been able to realize this doctrine in practice. Muslims wherever on the world they are will recognize each other as brothers." Mr. R. L. Mellema, Holland, Anthropologist, Writer and Scholar.

"People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and Alexander, Caesar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense. Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was MOHAMMED, WHO COMBINED ALL THREE FUNCTIONS. TO A LESSER DEGREE, MOSES DID THE SAME." Professor Jules Masserman

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171874 Apr 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that matters because you destroyed your own credibility by incorrectly citing scripture.
and then lying about it.
You lost.
All you are doing is lying like a Muslim through your teeth.
You have no conscience.
I take it back, you are not ignorant, you are evil.
You are godless.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#171875 Apr 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Is Muhammad a prophet?
Indeed and a great one. Jesus came to pave way for Muhammad.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#171876 Apr 14, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
salaams bro,
did you try and post a response to my naked jesus post?
...its quite important as topix is deleting it..
thanks.
Please send me again, bro and I will post it. I also want to see if it is being deleted.

Usually Topix do not delete even the posts from the filthy hardcore Jesus Freaks, so it would be a good test.

Salaams
BMZ

Location hidden

#171877 Apr 14, 2013
POLO wrote:
"I have studied him - the wonderful man - and in my opinion FAR FROM BEING AN ANTI-CHRIST HE MUST BE CALLED THE SAVIOUR OF HUMANITY. " George Bernard Shaw in "The Genuine Islam"
'I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD AND MOHAMMED THE APOSTLE OF GOD,' is the simple and invariable profession of Islam. The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honours of the prophet have never transgressed the measure of human virtue, and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion." --Edward Gibbon and Simon Ocklay, HISTORY OF THE SARACEN EMPIRE, London, 1870, p. 54.
"He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports." --Bosworth Smith, MOHAMMAD AND MOHAMMADANISM, London, 1874,p.
The nation's claim to be a Christian country is about to meet its first challenge: the number of practising Muslims is set to overtake Anglican Christians.... There has also been a number of high-profile conversions to Islam from Christianity. These include Mike Tyson, the former world champion boxer; Chris Eubank, the British middleweight boxing champion, who has changed his name to Hamdan; and Cat Stevens, the pop musician, who calls himself Yousef Islam.... Prince Charles courted controversy earlier this year when he reaffirmed his claim that when he succeeds the throne, he does not wish to be the defender of only the Christian faith. Rajeev Syal and Christopher Morgan Sunday Times (London, U.K.)
"THE EXTINCTION OF RACE CONSCIOUSNESS as between Muslims is one of the outstanding achievements of Islam and in the contemporary world there is, as it happens, a crying need for the propagation of this Islamic virtue..." (A.J. Toynbee, CIVILIZATION ON TRIAL, New York, p. 205)
"The universal brotherhood of Islam, regardless of race, politics, colour or country, has been brought home to me most keenly many times in my life -- and this is another feature which drew me towards the Faith." Col. Donald S. Rockwell, U.S.A. Poet, Critic and Author.
"THE DOCTRINE OF BROTHERHOOD OF ISLAM EXTENDS TO ALL HUMAN BEINGS, NO MATTER WHAT COLOR, RACE OR CREED. Islam is the only religion which has been able to realize this doctrine in practice. Muslims wherever on the world they are will recognize each other as brothers." Mr. R. L. Mellema, Holland, Anthropologist, Writer and Scholar.
"People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and Alexander, Caesar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense. Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was MOHAMMED, WHO COMBINED ALL THREE FUNCTIONS. TO A LESSER DEGREE, MOSES DID THE SAME." Professor Jules Masserman
God does not give a hoot as how many Muslims there are in the world.
Hell is big enough for all Muslims.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171878 Apr 14, 2013
TO ALEX 123

All posts you wrote to me carry straw man arguments and have irrelevant points that don't bring you no where.

And no, you were not collecting what I and John said, you clearly said that I said.

If this is the level of answer I have to expect from you then don't engage a debate with me.

In your case it's better to shut the mouth, after already said a lot of idiocy and let the other question whether or not you're stupid instead of keeping answering to clear any doubt.

Location hidden

#171879 Apr 14, 2013
POLO wrote:
LMAO! Those men you mention have labeled Muhammad an atheist.

Many if not all of them are atheist.
The are ungodly men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min Ty Cobb 488,120
Germany having new doubts about migrants. (Sep '15) 27 min Shamma 260
God Bless Israel. Cursed Be Islam! 40 min Shamma 16
There was no Israel. 49 min bmz 54
Nuke Muslim Population Centers 4 hr No brain to begin... 19
Kindness & Compassion in Islam 4 hr Muslim girlfriends 4
The Bible has millions of Errors & Contradictio... 4 hr John Hunter 24
More from around the web